The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

real talk hows a stamblade supposed to deal with a magdk

• erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have 14 k resistances...
    Maybe invest in a bit of defences like most classes have too?
    I have to build too survive nb burst on most of my classes.

Yeah 14k is what my Bowgankblade runs around with. I can't imagine what brawler build runs around with only 14k. Basically if someone sneezes on me and I stand there and do nothing, I'm dead. Gotta dodge roll then pop that cloak keybind and reset the fight ya know?

You should try it, 14k is about as high as you can get it man idk what to say.
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭
    it really depends on the type of combat. duels are different from cyrodiil builds and bgs as well. but in most cases vs a dk you're going to want to keep up heals and really focus on sustain and try to get their resources down so they cant heal or break free during a burst combo. fighting any kind of tanky class is less about how much you can burst them down and more about a long drawn out fight and managing your resources better than them.
    RIP skill based PvP days. . .
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    erio wrote: »
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    Shouldn't be able to kill everything dude. I main a NB, I accept there are certain builds I just don't *** with.

stop defending poor balance

rofl....so your idea of balance is you should be able to destroy everything with your NB? Are you serious right now?

ESO is not balanced, I agree there. But neither is your idea of it.

Balance in any PvP is when you sacrifice dps for survivability or vice versa. I see far too much crap in this PvP where people have builds with both, you do little damage to them but they can kill you in seconds. That is not balance.

However....neither is you thinking you should be able to kill everything. In every MMO PvP has had classes that do not make good targets for stealth gankers, why should ESO be any different?

Dont remember saying that i should be able to. Please dont strawman my arguement here.

I literally said you are not supposed to be able to kill every build.....you literally argued against that point and said I was defending imbalance. So what part of this conversation has you not thinking you should be able to kill a magdk? In the very next post I quote you saying it. No one is straw-manning your argument, you have made it clear you think you should be able to kill every other class with your NB.

It shouldnt be about builds, it should be about skill.

Some builds will be better than others in some or even all situations. A gun and a knife can both kill, but even a novice marksman can kill a knife-fighting expert without a scratch. If you want a straight up even fight you will have to duel someone with the same exact build as you. If you can't live with that maybe you should find another game. I hate certain builds/classes, but it is what it is. I can slay some, others I avoid. It's been like this in MMOs since Ultima Online. What you are asking for is simply not a thing in any MMO.
    Edited by pauld1_ESO on August 26, 2020 12:17PM
  • Mobius0
    Mobius0
    ✭✭✭
    What he is asking for is balance. Clearly no MMO is balanced, but that doesn't mean they should strive for it.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't be able to kill everything dude. I main a NB, I accept there are certain builds I just don't *** with.

rofl....so your idea of balance is you should be able to destroy everything with your NB? Are you serious right now?

Balance in any PvP is when you sacrifice dps for survivability or vice versa. I see far too much crap in this PvP where people have builds with both, you do little damage to them but they can kill you in seconds. That is not balance.

However....neither is you thinking you should be able to kill everything. In every MMO PvP has had classes that do not make good targets for stealth gankers, why should ESO be any different?

Dont remember saying that i should be able to. Please dont strawman my arguement here.

I literally said you are not supposed to be able to kill every build.....you literally argued against that point and said I was defending imbalance. So what part of this conversation has you not thinking you should be able to kill a magdk? In the very next post I quote you saying it. No one is straw-manning your argument, you have made it clear you think you should be able to kill every other class with your NB.

Some builds will be better than others in some or even all situations. A gun and a knife can both kill, but even a novice marksman can kill a knife-fighting expert without a scratch. If you want a straight up even fight you will have to duel someone with the same exact build as you. If you can't live with that maybe you should find another game. I hate certain builds/classes, but it is what it is. I can slay some, others I avoid. It's been like this in MMOs since Ultima Online. What you are asking for is simply not a thing in any MMO.

Im not talking about a gun and a knife. A more accurate comparison would be a ak vs a ar or something. At the time of the post i was rocking a solid build, so was the mag dk. Dude just because im asking for a teeny tiny little bit of balance doesnt mean i want to quit. This isnt rock paper scissors, this isnt an ak vs a knife, this is an action pvp mmo.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Im not talking about a gun and a knife. A more accurate comparison would be a ak vs a ar or something. At the time of the post i was rocking a solid build, so was the mag dk. Dude just because im asking for a teeny tiny little bit of balance doesnt mean i want to quit. This isnt rock paper scissors, this isnt an ak vs a knife, this is an action pvp mmo.

But you're blaming the game on you dying, rather than that Mag DK outplaying you. Basically in your eyes there is absolutely no way that Mag DK should be killing you. Absolutely none at all, therefore Mag DK's are OP and need to be nerfed, or NB's are C-Tier and need to be buffed.

But you're the only NB complaining about Mag DK's on the front page, so why aren't other NB's struggling against them?
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you're blaming the game on you dying, rather than that Mag DK outplaying you. Basically in your eyes there is absolutely no way that Mag DK should be killing you. Absolutely none at all, therefore Mag DK's are OP and need to be nerfed, or NB's are C-Tier and need to be buffed.

But you're the only NB complaining about Mag DK's on the front page, so why aren't other NB's struggling against them?

Dude i literally ran away from the mag dk that triggered me cause it got boring after like 10 minutes, i didnt even die. No, he did not out play me. Sorry buddy but im not trash, and neither where they. You can read the countless times i said i know how to shade, and escape in the posts above, [snip] i said that i can and have played the shade game all day, and dying isnt the issue. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on August 27, 2020 2:39PM
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings everyone!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on baiting. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the ESO community.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried using the Fear trap to hard CC them, whether they leap into the trap or not? You can reposition and still use the single cast when their off immunity for another hard CC? Since the nerf to DOT damage, Mal. ring and CP still makes them effective on top of the proc damage; Shade will pull you out of the proc damage AOE also, if your good with them. Best solution, use the cost increasing poison on their magic (all class heals cost magic) and ultimate (cockblocking their ultimate use recovery) skills. They're burst potential will slack off quickly.
    Edited by Sahidom on September 2, 2020 5:59PM
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭

Dude i literally ran away from the mag dk that triggered me cause it got boring after like 10 minutes, i didnt even die. No, he did not out play me. Sorry buddy but im not trash, and neither where they. You can read the countless times i said i know how to shade, and escape in the posts above, [snip] i said that i can and have played the shade game all day, and dying isnt the issue. [snip]

[edited for baiting]

Given that you have said that the opposing magdk was not a bad player, and they were unable to kill you either, what about this from their perspective? They could be asking basically the same thing as you.

ie: the mirroring question from the magdk:
    "How's a magdk supposed to deal with stamblade?
    I put all my dots on them, block at the right time to prevent their burst, but any time their health starts getting low they just roll/shade out of my range and cloak away my dots"

The picture I get from the description in this topic:
    You are a good player. You have a good build.
    They are also a good player. They also have a good build.
    Result:
    Neither can defeat each other. That sounds....fair?

Sure, it may not be ideal that often the end result in two competent players meeting in a 1v1 is a stalemate, but that's a different issue to one of those classes/builds being OP compared to the other, and better than it being a one sided result every time.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    fred4 wrote: »
    I've eaten a 10K Incap followed by a 15K Assassin's Scourge on my Pariah-wearing magplar in CP (current patch). I am full CP. My crit resist was somewhat low at 2.7K, but still. I do not sympathize with this post. As long as stamblades can do that, I suspect they can also nuke a mag DK by pulling off the right combo at the right moment. Mititgation on the stamblade's part outside of shade / cloak doesn't seem to be required with that kind of burst. Since Assassin's Scourge was involved you can obviously tell that this wasn't a gank. This was a (slightly) longer 1v1 in open world. You could argue whether I should have blocked and I was scratching my head as to whether I let my rune drop. All the same, the damage a stamblade can pull off has somehow become insane (again). Granted, not many players seem able to do this and I don't know what's involved. I can tell you that it should not have been full Balorgh, since he incapped me earlier in the same fight and the fight lasted less than a minute.

I mean cool, you got got by one guy who probably stacked nothing but crit and weapon damage. Not really asking for your sympathy buddy, I guess that because you died, stamblade is OP, end of story. How is a stamblade supposed to burst when they're instantly nuked by dots?
    They're not. They can't be. I have no problem attacking Grothdarr players on my light armor melee magblade. Between either Snow Treaders or the Wild Hunt ring, Race Against Time and Immovability potions, the DK can't really lock me down. Not to mention the shade. You're telling me to dodge roll? OK, so I'll tell you how to play. Use Shuffle. Use Immovability potions. Use Fear. Use Shadow Image. Cloak to suppress DOTs. Aside from that, every class has their nemesis. As a melee magblade main, I'm just a bit surprised that it should be mag DK for stamblade.
    Im sorry that because some guy in the middle of cyrodil who magically hits these insane numbers on you
    He's not the only stamblade hitting really hard, even if not all of them use the bow proc. As a magblade main I hardly ever notice it, because I play the damage avoidance game. I expect to die to anything, if I fail at that. Recently I've been playing my other classes more. This was in IC, by the way.
    Alas my fully gold, clever alch, balorg, nma masters bow setup probably never will, because i am not wearing string cheese for armor.
    Neither was this guy. There wasn't a proc in sight, if that's what you're referring to. I really wish I could actually tell you how this is done. You can watch YouTube and read this forum all day. I'm convinced players aren't telling you everything they do - they might not even be aware of it - or it's like learning vMA and everyone has slightly different problems that hold their game back. The two things I can tell you about this guy are that he lead with a medium attack and that his damage was quite inconsistent. In other words, there were temporary factors involved. I can only guess at some of them, e.g. state of my Pariah, his Clever Alchemist (possibly), the leading 2H heavy attack (+10% extra damage on Incap), maybe off balance and so on.

I ran into this exact same thing recently, on PC NA, probably the same guy. I think i was on my tanky DK. This guy ran around trees, LOS, teleported with shadow image, was super fast, then suddenly a 15k assassin's and a 10k incap. Exactly those numbers. I guess when he was running around he also managed to get in 5 LA/HA to build his scourge.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some well known NB that agree mag DK is the hardest opponent. Check out Harmless Chicken he says this all the time.

His build is literally only HA + surprise attack but he kills dozens of players every night; it is a pure melee build; Mag DK gives him the most trouble because of the dots, ground effects, grothdar; he has to cloak to suppress the dots but then he is out of action and his resources are drained.

But the point is this doesn't stop him from using his build to slaughter everyone else. For any build there is a hierarchy of opposing builds that go from hardest to easiest.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[edited for baiting]

Given that you have said that the opposing magdk was not a bad player, and they were unable to kill you either, what about this from their perspective? They could be asking basically the same thing as you.

I put all my dots on them, block at the right time to prevent their burst, but any time their health starts getting low they just roll/shade out of my range and cloak away my dots"

Result:

Sure, it may not be ideal that often the end result in two competent players meeting in a 1v1 is a stalemate, but that's a different issue to one of those classes/builds being OP compared to the other, and better than it being a one sided result every time.
    Idk the current meta or if its changed, but when they ran ev and elf bane, they could use Stealth detects, camp the shade, fossilize talons, leap, actually chasing the nb a bit more. They literally have fossilize and leap and immobilizes so i dont really think "roll" and shade are as comparable.
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭

[edited for baiting]

Result:

Idk the current meta or if its changed, but when they ran ev and elf bane, they could use Stealth detects, camp the shade, fossilize talons, leap, actually chasing the nb a bit more. They literally have fossilize and leap and immobilizes so i dont really think "roll" and shade are as comparable.

I wasn’t really meaning to get into a comparison of the skills, I wouldn’t want to imply that I have enough experience with MagDK to do so. And it very may well be true that there is a balance issue between StamBlade and MagDK.

The point I was trying to make was this: in the original post of this thread the issue raised with MagDK is that you feel unable to kill them using StamBlade. In a later post you indicate that at the same time, that same MagDK was also unable to kill you. Thus, couldn’t that MagDK player feel the same way? Ie: they feel that as a MagDK they are unable to kill the StamBlade so maybe there is an issue? All I was trying to say is that there are two sides to any story, and often both players may feel at a disadvantage.

Edited by ExistingRug61 on September 4, 2020 9:21AM
  • PureEnvelope35
    PureEnvelope35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kill them?
    • Fashion is the true endgame.
    • PC EU
    • EP Astera the Charlatan Stamina Arcanist (PvE)
    • EP Malina the Pure Stamina Warden (PvP)
    • EP Athena the Pure Stamina Dragonknight (PvP)
    • EP Elizabeth the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvP)
    • DC Bonneville the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • DC Lyudmila the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvE)
    • DC Breña the Pure Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • DC Cirise the Pure Magicka Warden (PvP)
    • DC Melinda the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvP)
    • DC Adeliane the Pure Magicka Templar (PvP)
    • AD Valencia the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • AD Do'Nhadir Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • AD Xiphias Sword-Like-Comet Stamgicka Warden (PvP)
    • AD Eleanora the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvE)
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't go toe to toe with a mdk that know's what they are doing or doing some block and proc build all you can do is reset and nuke them. Also don't be a vampire cause then you really lose any chance you have outside of taking one by surprise
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer