The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.3 is available.

I paid real money to be able to craft New Moon

• Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    And the "nerf" isn't that severe. You can always use Clever Alchemist instead, it's always had more Spell/Wep damage, just need to proc it with trash pots.

But only rly useful on a argonian on my opinion, where you can reduce potion CD without any sustain loss. I personally don't like the 25 sec where you are without the 600 dmg. I also preferred the constant 480. And with the kek buffs to proc sets, the reduced healing, nerfed defense set and now one of the popular and easiest to get stat set is also nerfed.
    (wouldn't wonder me if they nerf other "old" stat set, business you know)

Seems eso is change its genre into mmofps.

Also op you just could buy this set in guild stores, it's not expensive.
    Edited by Mortiis13 on July 22, 2020 8:07AM
    Options
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    It was only about a week or two ago that I spent over $100 real dollars in the crown store on research scrolls to craft the 9 trait required New Moon Acolyte. I did this against my better judgment.

Now the set has been nerfed. My hybrid build will be dead the day this goes live. It already wasn't a great build, now it's worse.

I would like my money back. I can send you screen shots of my receipts. Or you can look at my recent purchases somehow. But I feel ripped off. Wouldn't you? It was already a decision that I couldn't really afford to make, and now it's a total waste. I need that money back, please.

So it's a businesses fault that you spent money you couldn't afford to spend...

Nope. [snip]

And "40k is too much" -- you can make 40k gold in about an hour of game-time farming beetles, frogs, pigs...

So $100 of money that took you likely more than an hour to earn...vs an hour (doesn't even need to be consecutive) of farming.

[snip]

[edited for bashing/baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 22, 2020 1:02PM
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Don't spend money on something you can easely have with gold in game.

Don't spend money to have the top tier set that is almost BIS for every classes, of course it will be nerfed.

And don't be mad about the nerf, it's 80 wd

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 22, 2020 1:03PM
    Options
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you paid an obscene sum of money to accelerate something that you could do for free if you took your time (or even do it faster with some master writ voucher purchases, or buy this *** with gold).

Or just buy the set from litterally anyone else in the game, thousands of 9trait crafters out there and it doesnt cost them anything but a few hundred max level mats to craft the set. You could upgrade it yourself.

The game is constantly changing, noone promises that a set is going to be meta forever and that certainly has never been the case in ESO since day 1.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
    Options
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »
    1 - 30k is nothing

30k adds up if you plan to keep crafting sets for people for free :P

But yeah, rather than buying £100 worth of crowns you could just pay 30k to the crafter lol

Options
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By all means ask for a refund, I think ZOS has a shady refund policy with stuff like this, if you bought them through steam they are often more accomodating @StarOfElyon but in general this seems more like buyers remorse, $100 on crowns for trait research when significantly cheaper ingame solutions where available was not too smart. But we all buy *** we come to regret so try requesting a refund through official channels, and drop the whole "the set is being nerfed" - that excuse wont work, say it straight up, you dont want what you paid for and want a refund.
    Options
  • seerevaloc
    seerevaloc
    ✭✭✭
    They will not refund it.

> "Why did you make the purchase?"
    You: "To upgrade my toon's trait researches to max level"

> "Do the items you've purchased did their job?"
    You: "Yes, I've upgraded my trait research level to max level successfully"

Whatever you've purchased for this manner, did their job. They worked out.
    The company cannot presume what you're supposed to do with 9 traits, either be NMA or anything else.
    It's not RIP OFF. It's 100% legal and worked nicely.

Sum:
    "I purchased T to complete X" and "I completed X to craft Y"
    No one cares "Y" here, your purchases were to complete X. And they did their job. It's not subject to a refund.
    Edited by seerevaloc on July 22, 2020 10:53AM
    Options
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And the "nerf" isn't that severe. You can always use Clever Alchemist instead, it's always had more Spell/Wep damage, just need to proc it with trash pots.

The scale of a nerf depends on where you are as a player. For some, a small change is a big deal while for others even a big change doesn't matter much.

The OP's point is completely valid.
    Options
  • Ajaks
    Ajaks
    ✭✭✭
    It was only about a week or two ago that I spent over $100 real dollars in the crown store on research scrolls to craft the 9 trait required New Moon Acolyte. I did this against my better judgment.

Now the set has been nerfed. My hybrid build will be dead the day this goes live. It already wasn't a great build, now it's worse.

I would like my money back. I can send you screen shots of my receipts. Or you can look at my recent purchases somehow. But I feel ripped off. Wouldn't you? It was already a decision that I couldn't really afford to make, and now it's a total waste. I need that money back, please.

I disagree with the nerf of NMA (given the silly argumentation behind it), but I fully disagree with the motives in your statement that essentially can be narrowed down to: "People who P2W should be treated better." No offense, but if you were hoping for a preferential advantage, based on the thickness of your wallet, it serves you right to be screwed in the end. :)
    Options
  • Ventru7
    Ventru7
    What's the point of this thread. It is not like researched traits are gone after you craft something.You could have just asked from someone else if you only cared about one single set.
    Options
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings everyone,

We have removed or edited some posts for rule violations. While we completely understand everyone has their own opinions, thoughts, feelings and even frustrations, we want the forums to be a civil and constructive platform for the game and it's community as a whole.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its a loss of 80 weapon damage... whatever you wanted to do with it before, you are probably still able to do.
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People keep saying, oh it's only 80 damage points. If it's so insignificant, why nerf it at all? They should leave that set alone.

Zeni should do themselves a favor in the crown store and mark products "Also available via in-game adventuring!" Some of that stuff is a total rip off, but only veteran players know it. They are taking advantage of people. Its unethical if you ask me.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't spend money on sets if you are going to be upset when they rebalance.

Hard to have sympathy when behavior like this is why there are so many P2W games.
    Options
  • HertoginJanneke
    HertoginJanneke
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could have asked guilmates to craft it for you. Meanwhile you could have bought intricates to level your crafting skills to at least 45 to unlock rank IV of Metallurgy, Stitching and Carpentry and could have started the research to be able to craft it yourself in a while.

If you're lucky they give you a voucher (only to be used to buy characterbound research scrolls).
    Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But you now have a nice title and achievement, and can craft any set? So despite having done this purely for one set which has taken a minor damage reduction, you have still gained a lot.
    Options
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you bought a new TV to watch your favourite show and they changed the cast, would you blame the TV and demand a refund ?

You got what you paid for, to speed up your crafting.
    Options
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not that big of a nerf....
    Options
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ol_BANK_lo wrote: »

It's not that big of a nerf....

But people like to cry for literally anything.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

Options
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The heck are you talking about?? Clever Alchemist has MAXIMUM uptime of 44.4% AND it has Maximum HEALTH for its 2 and 3 piece bonuses. NOT EVEN CLOSE to the same power level as the current live state of NMA.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itsfatbass wrote: »

The heck are you talking about?? Clever Alchemist has MAXIMUM uptime of 44.4% AND it has Maximum HEALTH for its 2 and 3 piece bonuses. NOT EVEN CLOSE to the same power level as the current live state of NMA.

In PVE anyway. In PVP Clever Alchemist is amazing for well timed burst combos and health is always very helpful in that environment.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your money paid great entertainment for everyone reading this thread along with everyone else in many various channels where it is being shared to to share the laugh. You should be proud of that.

Hopefully you value the lesson gained as much you valued the money spent.

Unfortunately, the answer to your post is probably not gonna be something you like, there is no way you can request refund for something like that. Gear, classes, races come and go in world of MMO, devs would never make any money if they let everyone just refund everything after their introduce new cool thing and nerf old cool thing.
    Edited by SodanTok on July 22, 2020 6:39PM
    Options
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buyer's remorse. The chance of finding a sympathetic ear at ZOS is probably zero. Consider it a lesson learned.
    Options
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    itsfatbass wrote: »

Specific builds can have almost 100% uptime with 21 sec potion CD (argonian builds)
    Options
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »

The scale of a nerf depends on where you are as a player. For some, a small change is a big deal while for others even a big change doesn't matter much.

The OP's point is completely valid.

The OP's point is that they spent money they couldn't afford to, without taking into account that the very nature of MMO's is for sets to change and that eventually the set they were pursuing may change.

That doesn't entitle them to a refund. Buyer's remorse. Next time use your brain and don't burn funds you don't have to spare.
    Options
  • SilverKatz
    SilverKatz
    ✭✭✭
    U can still put more real money into this game ,and get slam in the face , again
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot stand the possibility of a new proc meta but NMA needed a nerf...just for the sake of build variety
    Options
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason why you shouldn't spend your money on the crownstore. Especially when it's for an item you can pretty much get anywhere for barely any in-game currency.
    Options
  • Choucroute
    Choucroute
    ✭✭
    The general rule is this: if you can buy it with gold or with time, don't buy it with dollars. Unless you're wealthy enough that you don't need to "value" your money.
    It works of course with games, but also with everything in life.
    Options
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hard up for in-game gold.

i dont wanna be that guy but let it serve as a lesson for giving money to shady devs like zos.

and 40k is chump change. like 4-8 skyreach carries. go do it.
    Options