The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

I paid real money to be able to craft New Moon

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
It was only about a week or two ago that I spent over $100 real dollars in the crown store on research scrolls to craft the 9 trait required New Moon Acolyte. I did this against my better judgment.

Now the set has been nerfed. My hybrid build will be dead the day this goes live. It already wasn't a great build, now it's worse.

I would like my money back. I can send you screen shots of my receipts. Or you can look at my recent purchases somehow. But I feel ripped off. Wouldn't you? It was already a decision that I couldn't really afford to make, and now it's a total waste. I need that money back, please.
  • Danel_Vadan
    Danel_Vadan
    ✭✭✭
    You're still able to...
    Tam! RUGH!
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And the "nerf" isn't that severe. You can always use Clever Alchemist instead, it's always had more Spell/Wep damage, just need to proc it with trash pots.
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was only about a week or two ago that I spent over $100 real dollars in the crown store on research scrolls to craft the 9 trait required New Moon Acolyte. I did this against my better judgment.

Now the set has been nerfed. My hybrid build will be dead the day this goes live. It already wasn't a great build, now it's worse.

I would like my money back. I can send you screen shots of my receipts. Or you can look at my recent purchases somehow. But I feel ripped off. Wouldn't you? It was already a decision that I couldn't really afford to make, and now it's a total waste. I need that money back, please.

It was only about a week or two ago that I spent over $100 real dollars in the crown store on research scrolls to craft the 9 trait required New Moon Acolyte
    this is complety waste u know ? u could just buy the whole set for 40k gold

and likly u wont get anythink back cause of a nerf
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hard up for in-game gold.
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at this like an opportunity then. With 9 traits, you can make a lot of money off of doing daily crafting writs. Each character with maxed crafting can make about 15k every day for less then 3 minutes of crafting. Even more if you have more traits researched (meaning more master writs, which can be done or sold).
  • Deloth_Vyrr
    Deloth_Vyrr
    ✭✭✭

Not to make you even more regretful, but $100 worth of crowns could have been traded to players for roughly 2.5 million gold.
    Edited by Deloth_Vyrr on July 21, 2020 5:52PM
    <Twin-Moons Covenant> PC NA
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Voice of Reason
    Shadow Breaker
    Flawless Conqueror
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Correction - you spent real money to be able to craft 9 trait sets, which you have not lost the capability of.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terms of service for them to change things

You could have bought it with gold instead of paying real money from crafters

You can now craft 9 trait items, sell for gold, then buy crowns to refund yourself instead of doing so the previous way

You made the decision and now have to live with it, it may be frustrating about the nerf, it should be 450 damage instead, but your argument for a refund is a bit weak and you should just move on and look at why the set shouldn't be as low as it is, instead of .. whatever this is.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, lesson learned. I'll never put money into the crown store again. It's not worth it.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, lesson learned. I'll never put money into the crown store again. It's not worth it.

You lost 80 spel ddmg. That shouldnt make our break 90% of your fights.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

You lost 80 spel ddmg. That shouldnt make our break 90% of your fights.

It will certainly not result in their build being DEAD. That was dramatic.
    Though I can understand how frustrating it must be to have something nerfed after it was the sole reason you spend so much money.

Yet I would question if Zenimax were to refund it. Because as others have said, you have 9 traits and can capitalize on that. If you get a refund, you have gained all of this and the potential that comes with it instantly and for free. Not fair I would say.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand being hardup for gold but you also could have just gathered the materials to have someone else craft it for you or traded worthwhile crafting reagents to someone? You didn't need 9 trait crafting to upgrade the set and they could have crafted it in full white everything for you and just let you go ahead and upgrade it yourself with whatever traits?

I really fail to see how spending $100 in the crown store to speed-research was the best alternative with all the available methods? And to blame ZOS for such a poorly informed decision is duplicitous at best as they provided ample ways to obtain the set without spending any money at all, requiring the DLC, or even needing the crafting ability. I could see the logic behind this for newer players but it doesn't seem like you are.

You've obtained the ability to always craft 9 trait sets and they will surely add another one to the game that is just as on-the-fence-good as NMA was; so when it arrives you have nothing to worry about. The only net-loss you are out on is the same net-loss of every single player who is currently using the set; which happens almost every major patch.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a bad time to bring up that you could pay a 9-trait crafter to make you the set pieces?

It probably is, since this is more of a "please don't nerf this set, ZOS" plea than a serious complaint thread.
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you spend real money on those scrolls? Can one not buy them for those master writs thingies (of which I don't know the proper name)?

There's more than one 9 trait set and likely more to come, so at least it wasn't in vain. ;)
    Edited by mikikatze on July 21, 2020 8:47PM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's nerfed by 80 Spell Damage. The set is still in the game and still better than Julianos/Hunding's if you can sustain it. We'll see if this change even makes it to live. They're also buffing a lot of other crafted sets, so your hard-purchased 9 traits in crafting is more valuable than ever!
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 21, 2020 8:49PM
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel with the OP.
    I've spent hundred thousands of gold to give each of my characters a complete NMA set for PvP.
    I wouldn't have done this knowing the set would be nerfed for group play and then suck for solo play.

Lesson learned. In the future, just one set shared over all characters via the bank.
    Well, if the limited bank would not always be full :s
    Inventory/Set management in this game is still a nightmare...

Edited by BalticBlues on July 21, 2020 8:59PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're still able to...

This. Also, ESO is an MMORPG and that genre is rife with buffs and nerfs. Heck, anyone who has been playing ESO for awhile is used to changes to their builds almost every three months.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    You're still able to...

This. Also, ESO is an MMORPG and that genre is rife with buffs and nerfs. Heck, anyone who has been playing ESO for awhile is used to changes to their builds almost every three months.

It's not as bad as that, every four months is more like it :)
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    anyone who has been playing ESO for awhile is used to changes to their builds
    And almost anyone HATES these changes.
    This is because usually only sets players appreciate get nerfed.
    On the other side, sets players do not appreciate usually do not get buffs.

Result: Players often end up with sets they do not appreciate anymore.

So players buy the next chapter for sets to appreciate again.
    Until these get nerfed.
    So players buy the next chapter for sets to appreciate again.
    [...to be continued...]

Edited by BalticBlues on July 21, 2020 9:11PM
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lul why would you waste 100€ for a set you can have for free just by asking people, made no sens..
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having sets nerfed when you finally farmed them after ages, or gathered the crystals to transmute them, or in this case paid money to be able to craft them, always sucks, and feels like a waste of effort. However, we're still in week 2 of PTS, and things might still change. Plus, on the bright side, you can craft any set now, and having a master crafter is super useful.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »

Lul why would you waste 100€ for a set you can have for free just by asking people, made no sens..

No one will craft you cp160 set for free. Mats alone would cost 30k. And that's just for purple quality body pieces. If you want weps golded or jewelery then you can easily go 100k+

But I agree with others. There's better way to acquire gear than spending 100$. You can farm gold and get mats so friend/ guildy can craft it for you. Or you can by it from guild stores. Even selling 1000 crowns would give you more than enough gold for several sets.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oi, you gotta know we hybrids get caught in the crossfire of every nerf there is.

That's why I originally favored the set being changed to giving both crit + a small amount of weapon damage -- something no pure build could easily exploit and something more balanced for hybrids that don't want to wear daggers and chug crit potions to get above 50-50 crit.

But when they let it be as the live form, I knew the set would get nerfed and avoided using it. That, and the cost increase was pretty oppressive on a hybrid that used both pools for damage. Phew...Glad I escaped most nerfs THIS TIME...

Wait, nevermind; spoke too soon, all my hybrids got nerfed from class changes.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be lucky to get 40% crit
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    You don't have to spend real money for crafted gear. Some people can craft it for you just for crafting mats.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spend 0 euros but 110% tired of these nonsense bouncing of sets every few weeks and random reasons if any.

Oh.. and not the only by far. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 22, 2020 1:01PM
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Aznarb wrote: »

No one will craft you cp160 set for free. Mats alone would cost 30k. And that's just for purple quality body pieces. If you want weps golded or jewelery then you can easily go 100k+

But I agree with others. There's better way to acquire gear than spending 100$. You can farm gold and get mats so friend/ guildy can craft it for you. Or you can by it from guild stores. Even selling 1000 crowns would give you more than enough gold for several sets.

1 - 30k is nothing
    2 - The guy can craft in white and you up them yourself, not that hard
    3 - Get friend or ask kindly in chat / guild, all of my crafted set (including new moon) have been craft by other player and lot of stranger, thx to them.
    None made me paid, and most craft them in purple (if no jewel obviously) cuz every people who play the game have a ton of these mat anyway, me too.

Now my crafting research is almost full and I help every player who ask for when I can.

edit : typo.

Edited by Aznarb on July 22, 2020 4:46AM
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is right but he cant get his money back. Op next time get help from a guild mate.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Err I bought a set of NMA for an alt last month. There was a ton of it on guild vendors and it cost about 5k a piece. I spent maybe 25k total. That's less than an hour just farming a public dungeon...
    Edited by Larcomar on July 22, 2020 7:31AM