The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

hey ZOS, reduce healing from sources *other then yourself* down to 20-30%

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
this will have NO EFFECT on solo players, obviously, at all.

and will only slightly impact small scale, ramping up in effectiveness the bigger the group spamming heals.

this will effect, the aoe lingering healing group heal spam the most

if you cannot be bothered to come up with real systemic changes to fix the problems of pvp, this is a pretty easy band aid for the group heal spam.

I played another MMO at a point in time that did the inverse to promote grouping in high end content, self heals were reduced but group heals were left alone, guess what, it worked, people started grouping more as they could not heal by themselves.

ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah that would be great.
    Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would have too much of an impact on no cp pvp and bgs. The best decision would be to simply remove cp from pvp and balance around no cp.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
    Options
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would have too much of an impact on no cp pvp and bgs. The best decision would be to simply remove cp from pvp and balance around no cp.
    Lmao no cp has just as many problems as cp.

CP hasn’t been increased in a few years now but healing and damage has gone up. CP isn’t the issue bud, hate to break the news to ya.
    Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

CP hasn’t been increased in a few years now but healing and damage has gone up. CP isn’t the issue bud, hate to break the news to ya.

[snip] realize the game is balanced around cp pvp, therefore the issues in no cp stem from that. You don’t need to raise cp to balance the game around it so that makes no sense btw, the same way you don’t have to directly buff or nerf a class for it to get buffed or nerfed.

Of course damage and heals can still go up because there’s more to balance than raising cp, that doesn’t negate the fact changes are made with cp in mind.

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on June 9, 2020 5:51PM
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
    Options
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭

[snip] realize the game is balanced around cp pvp, therefore the issues in no cp stem from that. You don’t need to raise cp to balance the game around it so that makes no sense btw, the same way you don’t have to directly buff or nerf a class for it to get buffed or nerfed.

Of course damage and heals can still go up because there’s more to balance than raising cp, that doesn’t negate the fact changes are made with cp in mind.
    Name a change in the last two years that has CP in mind and why it was changed?

Options
  • nihoumab14_ESO
    nihoumab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This would absolutely gut dedicated healers in pvp. PVP is a fundamentally group activity in ESO, like it is in most mmos. If you are solo, and not grouping with others, you will always be at a disadvantage.
    Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Better question would be to name a combat change that wasn’t made with cp in mind. Then tell me how many have been made for no cp for comparison.

The reality is most are made with pve or cp pvp in mind. No cp is last on the list which is blatantly obvious.
    Options
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭

Better question would be to name a combat change that wasn’t made with cp in mind. Then tell me how many have been made for no cp for comparison.

The reality is most are made with pve or cp pvp in mind. No cp is last on the list which is blatantly obvious.

So now you’re saying pve and cp pvp. Please show you work. You made a claim so the burden of proof is on you. Show us the changes made with cp pvp as the direct reason for the nerf.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on June 9, 2020 5:52PM
    Options
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was the change this patch originally needed not a nerf to healing taken but to cross healing has been grossly, disgustingly and ridiculously overtuned for so, so long , however you are forgetting that 1vX is a big no no (unless you play god sorc) so gold out your BTB and stack those wards unless you enjoy hugging healers and large group play.
    Options
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In my opinion (as someone who has a pve healer as his main, but enjoys small scale pvp a lot) all multi target HoTs should have their base values reduced by a noticable amount. They are not only too strong in PvP, but also in PvE.

In PvE it's quite boring, that I can keep my group alive by just stacking a few hots, while all my gear and most of my skills are dedicated to increase the group dps. And in PvP, having strong aoe hots running all the time forces people to either seek strenght in numbers or to focus exclusively on burst damage. Additionally as a healer, running around, spamming regeneration is no fun. It's much more engaging when you see your friend getting focussed and you burn through your magicka to keep him alive untill he can turn the tides and kill the attackers.

Since this is a group game, you should still be able to play together and heal each other. But I think it would be nice if healing was more about using expensive heals at the right time instead of just watching your timers.
    Options
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would absolutely gut dedicated healers in pvp. PVP is a fundamentally group activity in ESO, like it is in most mmos. If you are solo, and not grouping with others, you will always be at a disadvantage.

Most of these "dedicated pvp healers" are noskill aoe heal spammers.
    Options
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edited and remove several posts due to Baiting. We understand you may become frustrated with other users during a discussion but please ensure that your discussion remains civil, constructive, and within the rules.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a dedicated pvp healer would still be contributing more overall healing to a group as long as the were hitting 2-3 people with their healers then a solo player would healing themselves, even at quarter effectiveness.

most dedicated pvp healers are hitting FAR MORE then 2-3 people with their heals. add to that the sheer effectiveness of something like purge spam in a group.

they will be fine.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    this will have NO EFFECT on solo players, obviously, at all.

and will only slightly impact small scale, ramping up in effectiveness the bigger the group spamming heals.

this will effect, the aoe lingering healing group heal spam the most

if you cannot be bothered to come up with real systemic changes to fix the problems of pvp, this is a pretty easy band aid for the group heal spam.

I played another MMO at a point in time that did the inverse to promote grouping in high end content, self heals were reduced but group heals were left alone, guess what, it worked, people started grouping more as they could not heal by themselves.

But that would require work for the devs
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos just reduced healing by a significant amount in PvP. Doubt Zos will be willing to consider nerfing it further as the logical course would be to see the recent changes affect PvP before taking any other steps.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reduced healing by 30% from outside sources?
    awesome idea, i hope it happens.
    Options
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cross healing should be minimal or non existent. You are already at an advantage being in some group.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cross healing should be minimal or non existent. You are already at an advantage being in some group.

Not everyone is in a group. Also, it makes complete sense that we can aid our alliance members as we are part of the same army.
    Options
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Not everyone is in a group. Also, it makes complete sense that we can aid our alliance members as we are part of the same army.

You want me to able to receive heals from someone who is Cringey, spamming zone chat, interrupting my fights and on top of that they cannot be targeted or take damage from me ?

Thanks for the offer but i need to take a pass on that !
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You want me to able to receive heals from someone who is Cringey, spamming zone chat, interrupting my fights and on top of that they cannot be targeted or take damage from me ?

Being able to heal someone in your own alliance makes complete sense. Being able to aid friends and allies in the fight to retake Cyrodiil is a good thing. That is the most basic premise behind Cyrodiil's design and the intentions of the developers.

I have no idea who Cringey is or how the rest relates to alliance members working together to fight the enemy alliances.
    Edited by idk on June 10, 2020 4:37AM
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well cross healing is just massive. The reason being twofold:
    • Healing is “smart”, in that it seeks the lowest health allies.
    • Blanket nerfs to healing hurt everyone except large groups, since they have such large cross healing anyway.

So when the suggestion is made to nerf the healing you put out to your allies.... well it sounds much more logical to put out a 10%-20% nerf toward cross heals instead of all heals (like in Greymoor).
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

• Blanket nerfs to healing hurt everyone except large groups, since they have such large cross healing anyway.

So when the suggestion is made to nerf the healing you put out to your allies.... well it sounds much more logical to put out a 10%-20% nerf toward cross heals instead of all heals (like in Greymoor).

The request in the OP is on top of the recent nerf to healing and harms even small groups as it reduces the healing their healers can do. The only people that really benefit are solo players. It seems more like an anti-group idea.1
    Options
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The request in the OP is on top of the recent nerf to healing

I think op meant "instead of the recent healing nerf", not "on top of it". Or at least that's how i understood it.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »

I think op meant "instead of the recent healing nerf", not "on top of it". Or at least that's how i understood it.

I cannot read minds. What is said is all that should be considered.
    Options
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »

I cannot read minds. What is said is all that should be considered.

That is why we discuss, so things can be elaborated on. He never said one way or the other, but I also think he meant instead of the recent nerf from his last sentence where one form of healing was left alone.
    Options
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just remove Radiating Regen stacking (if players swap to Echoing Vigor stacking that one should get the same treatment), then go from there, instead of more blanket nerfs that rarely improve balance. Idk why they made those heals stack to beginn with. Don't think anyone had a problem when they didn't.
    Options
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Being able to heal someone in your own alliance makes complete sense. Being able to aid friends and allies in the fight to retake Cyrodiil is a good thing. That is the most basic premise behind Cyrodiil's design and the intentions of the developers.

I have no idea who Cringey is or how the rest relates to alliance members working together to fight the enemy alliances.

The most basic premise behind Cyrodiil's design is PVP. Having friends or alliances in Cyrodil prevents PVP as I need to play horse simulator to find a fight with some other faction

Able to aid friends or allies is something I recommend IRL and not in Cyrodil.

Tip: Try healing, zerging or spamming zone chat to find cringey.
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on June 11, 2020 2:18AM
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know, we could just lower self-healing by 20-30% so that others require healers more. Maybe we shouldn't be able to solo everything without difficulty. Maybe healers should be more important in the overall spectrum of things.

Note - I'm really not advocating for anything. I just find it silly how single-minded some are to their own play style.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The most basic premise behind Cyrodiil's design is PVP. Having friends or alliances in Cyrodil prevents PVP as I need to play horse simulator to find a fight with some other faction

Able to aid friends or allies is something I recommend IRL and not in Cyrodil.

Tip: Try healing, zerging or spamming zone chat to find cringey.

Having an alliance part of the core design of Cyrodiil. It is Alliance vs Alliance vs Alliance. It does nothing to prevent PvP. That is an indisputable fact that no one can play in Cyrodiil without being in an alliance.

Further, Cyhrodiil was designed for group PvP, not solo. As such most play with friends or guildmates. I run solo sometimes and with a small group PvP guild sometimes. It does nothing to hinder PvP as the games base design forbids me from attacking those same characters anyhow.

It really sounds like you are talking about something over than ESO's Cyrodiil.
    Options
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭

Most cp just cancels each other out anyways in pvp...
    Options