The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Unable to activate Greymoor Physical CE

dlukman
dlukman
Soul Shriven
Unlike many others, whose Greymoor didn't ship, I got mine on time, but I cannot activate the game with the game code received in the box.

If I try to redeem my code on Steam, the code is rejected with a message saying it's invalid.
On the website, the code is rejected because I have a subscription tied to Steam and it cannot be activated there.

I've created a ticket about it 200525-003158 yesterday. I realize it's a short period, but I'm in the same boat and I would like to be able to play the game when it launches just like the others who haven't received the game at all. I'm hoping pinging directly here would draw attention to the ticket because it's not in the same category as the other Physical CE tickets since it's not the same type of issue.

Would you be able to help @ZOS_BillE ?
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since it is not live yet is probably the issue.
    Wait till after maintenance and try again when it is live.
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • dlukman
    dlukman
    Soul Shriven
    Since it is not live yet is probably the issue.
    Wait till after maintenance and try again when it is live.
    Huzzah!

You're right, it's a strong possibility. If that's the case, it would be nice to just get a confirmation.
  • CeicaMaster
    CeicaMaster
    ✭✭
    dlukman wrote: »
    Unlike many others, whose Greymoor didn't ship, I got mine on time, but I cannot activate the game with the game code received in the box.

If I try to redeem my code on Steam, the code is rejected with a message saying it's invalid.
    On the website, the code is rejected because I have a subscription tied to Steam and it cannot be activated there.

I've created a ticket about it 200525-003158 yesterday. I realize it's a short period, but I'm in the same boat and I would like to be able to play the game when it launches just like the others who haven't received the game at all. I'm hoping pinging directly here would draw attention to the ticket because it's not in the same category as the other Physical CE tickets since it's not the same type of issue.

Would you be able to help @ZOS_BillE ?

Did you manage to activate it? I have the same problem
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi all,

We're currently investigating this. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We'll have an update for you as soon as we know more.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried redeeming your code from your Account page on the website instead of on Steam? While Steam and the Launcher start the game in different ways, both are on the same server using the same content regardless of where it was purchased. I'd guess that the code is meant for the website.
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    Have you tried redeeming your code from your Account page on the website instead of on Steam? While Steam and the Launcher start the game in different ways, both are on the same server using the same content regardless of where it was purchased. I'd guess that the code is meant for the website.

Trying to redeem the code on the website gives an error message.
    "You cannot redeem a game time card if you have a active subscription via Steam".
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • dlukman
    dlukman
    Soul Shriven
    Aisleyne wrote: »

Yes, as stated in the first post. The message is exactly the same as @Svenja says.

The problem could be related to the fact that the game code also includes a 1 month ESO+ subscription on top of the current subscription, so it's possible that the issue is related or not covered as an edge case, but that's just my speculation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah sorry, I missed that line in the original post. I hope they figure it out for you guys soon. D:
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey all,

This issue is now resolved and you should be able to successfully redeem your code. Please see this Support article for full details:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/50911

Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for your free 30 days of ESO Plus to appear on your account. Thanks, and let us know if you run into any additional issues with your code redemption.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • dlukman
    dlukman
    Soul Shriven
    I confirm that I've successfully activated Greymoor. Thank you.