Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance change token are here

• Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    Is this for real ? LOL...
    If this is real it is the worst decision ZOS ever made...
    Many PVP players will consider quitting over this(me included).
    Alliance should never be allowed to be changed...
    A meaningful decision, same as class choice.

This is one time choice for the benefit of one faction.
    Faction loyalty, no treason. Thank you.

100% disagree. I only PvP on EP side nowadays, have done so for the last 2 years or so. My first and main character is DC, which means I haven't been in Cyro with it for ages. I also have a few older AD characters which I don't take into Cyro with for the same reason. Being able to turn my PvE main into an EP character is something I've wanted to do for a long time.

And this will cost crowns and money, which means it's not something you do more than you have to. Making no CP non locked only was way worse for faction loyalty than this is.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    Does anyone have an actual source for this image?
    A link to the video, perhaps, if it did come from one of the reveal vids from this morning?

Otherwise, I'm still calling Shenanigans, since it would fly directly in the face of the stated reason why they said they would never make alliance-change tokens available (huge potential for abuse); a reason which people are stating they would definitely use, if this is true. (if your side is losing, then just change alliance to the side that is winning.)

why do people always post this non-sense? YOU GET NO REWARD FROM WINNING. No one is spending 40 dollars just to get more purple rings of trash sets.
  • Nyteshade
    Nyteshade
    ✭✭✭

Agreed. This is how the game was supposed to be at the beginning. Some time around beta testing they changed it to allow faction hopping. I knew then it was a bad decision and it proved true.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    bearbelly wrote: »
    Does anyone have an actual source for this image?
    A link to the video, perhaps, if it did come from one of the reveal vids from this morning?

Otherwise, I'm still calling Shenanigans, since it would fly directly in the face of the stated reason why they said they would never make alliance-change tokens available (huge potential for abuse); a reason which people are stating they would definitely use, if this is true. (if your side is losing, then just change alliance to the side that is winning.)

why do people always post this non-sense? YOU GET NO REWARD FROM WINNING. No one is spending 40 dollars just to get more purple rings of trash sets.

Why are people posting, in this thread, that if their side is losing, that they'll use a token to switch to the winning side?|
    They have to be perceiving some kind of benefit, or else why say it?
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    image0.jpg

Oh hell yes people no more annoying faction lock to hold us back

Calling shenanigans. "Alliance" isn't capitalised in the top line of the body text.

There's always a tell.
    Edited by JamuThatsWho on March 30, 2020 9:09PM
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We can confirm this image is real, and came from an early build that some of our Press and Content Creators played through recently. We'll let everyone know when we plan to release this, and how it will work.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. I don't like this.
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can confirm this image is real, and came from an early build that some of our Press and Content Creators played through recently. We'll let everyone know when we plan to release this, and how it will work.

Well colour me Pact Red then.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • kmkastl
    kmkastl
    ✭✭

Hell yeah
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please make sure you're incentivizing playing the low pop and trailing alliances in a very meaningful way. As is; people already stacking to the winning side.

And it's the 30th BTW
    Edited by technohic on March 30, 2020 9:25PM
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No one is forcing you to change factions, it doesn't even affect you.

• dinklehorn
    dinklehorn
    ✭✭✭
    I would hope that switching alliance in the middle of a campaign would negate any awards for being on the winning team.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not a surprise, and is the one that was slated to happen if any were going to happen. After One Tamriel, it was inevitable eventually.

THIS however, is the most important thing, and is the way to do it right.
    alliancechangetoken.jpg

Now roll on Class Change, the one that would actually make most logical sense in terms of the game world. (Changing your job and your spells is a lot easier than changing anything else...)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Soon... there'll be Blood for the Pact >:)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's dead because people choose to stay in the locked campaign. Choice has been given and people chose.

This.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would welcome a change alliance token.

Oten a guildie would want join our guild runs but cannot do so because they have no toon in the faction that the guild is registered in.

They will be able to convert their toons instead of grinding a new one from the start.
    Thank you ZOS.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks for confirming this.
    But this is sad news for many different reasons...
    I hope you will change your mind regrading this.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't trust anyone for the next couple of days, it is around April Fools, I honestly do not care for that day but if these are real I might change a few of my characters around, I know any race can join any alliance but I just feel wrong using a race in an alliance they are not native to like a Nord in the Aldmeri Dominion for example.
  • Doomiel92
    Doomiel92
    I would rather have a class change token to be honest, but it's something I guess.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dinklehorn wrote: »
    I would hope that switching alliance in the middle of a campaign would negate any awards for being on the winning team.

Doesnt matter when. They cant switch faction mid campaign now. You just have everyone start there.
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't trust anyone for the next couple of days, it is around April Fools, I honestly do not care for that day but if these are real I might change a few of my characters around, I know any race can join any alliance but I just feel wrong using a race in an alliance they are not native to like a Nord in the Aldmeri Dominion for example.

Scroll up. Gina just said they are real.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well,

Maybe after some months / years playing, a player tried many factions and met people, friends, ennemies in cyrodiil. Maybe his first choice for his main character isnt his prefered faction because of his own story.

Everybody has his own story. We all meet friends, and we all have prefered places to be, where to do our craft and even what race we prefere.

And sometimes we want to leave a faction because of things turning not how we want.
    Or, sometimes we found a guild in a different faction of our pvp character, and it would be cool to play with them with that character ;)

Everybody has reasons.

Edited by Xarc on March 30, 2020 9:40PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Taunky wrote: »

And? not sure you have noticed but April Fools is like 1 day from now, I would be more inclined to believe them if they revealed it after the day as opposed to just before because right now I am not too sure who to believe.
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually i don't have an issue with this as long as there is a 'cool down', lets say you can only faction change 1 character every 3 months or so.
    Its a plus for folks who genuinely think they chose the wrong alliance at creation with mains, cant think why you would spend the stupid money they are gonna ask for the token on an alt when you can level one afresh in a few days.

Faction hoping as actually the proverbial 'Red Herring', absolutely no reason to swap to a side that's winning just to get the same junk in the post at the end.

Be safe.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No betrayal quest line or anything. its just botched in ?
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like others, I'd use this for my main because when I started I didn't even play pvp but now that I do my friends and guilds run a different faction. I had to create new toons, but I'd also welcome changing my main.

Lol she's been working on the Pact zone quests anyways.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taunky wrote: »

And? not sure you have noticed but April Fools is like 1 day from now, I would be more inclined to believe them if they revealed it after the day as opposed to just before because right now I am not too sure who to believe.

After all of the crap ZOS has put their players through recently, I'm sure they know better than to perform an April Fools joke on something the community has been asking for for a long time. Nonetheless, I'll quote you back here when you're proven wrong, Negative Nancy.
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly this isnt Everquest 2, folks want things instant these days.

Be Safe
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I can't believe they are actually doing it after saying no for so long.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I mean the werewolf and vampire tokens are instant, so what do you think?

Buying werewolf is funny. You miss out on the hunting grounds completely.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
This discussion has been closed.