The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make solo play viable again in PVP

• Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as a sidebar, also, using soul strike with active overload looks awesome, and I'm glad it's possible again.
    Edited by Cathexis on March 2, 2020 5:29AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Solo pvp is viable I’m always playing solo and getting successful 1vxs only thing that causes me trouble is the horrendous lag that’s what needs fixing

Sans the comment about lag that is what I said earlier. However, I do agree with the lag comment as well.

I do only small groups and solo. Solo when my group is not running and I do not have any real issue. Granted, I sometimes bite off more than I can handle but our characters have to die sometime.
    Lag aside it’s all about choosing the right fights if there’s a group I can’t handle I get out of there.

I agree with this statement, and the problem I would say in articulating the 1vX decline more accurately, is that you used to be able to engage any group with the possibility of success and bail tactically if it started going belly up, and now there's no point in engaging anything that isn't sufficiently hamstrung in some capacity.
    Edited by Cathexis on March 2, 2020 5:28AM
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But soloing is viable? I've been doing it since beta.1 v xing, soloing rss and outposts, soloing ball groups, soloing barely defended keeps, and even soloing emperor- it's all possible with the right build. What you want is for soloing to be a casual easily accessible experience and it's not. You are choosing the hard life of not teaming in a team game. It's like queing solo squads in pubg, if you're not shroud ofc it's going to seem next to impossible. You just have to get good enough to pull it off.

Take my friend here for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzfTrQgyTKM

Solo should be an accessible experience to every player, and not priveleged to a select few who roll the right class and build. It also shouldn't be defined by killing lowbies and the underequiped.

Like if two people, for example are playing tennis, yes you need functional shoes and you need a functional tennis racket, but the brand of shoes and tennis racket aren't what make you a good player. Being a good player makes you a good player. In this game now, some players get regular shoes and tennis rackets, and some players get shoes that make you run 10x faster and tennis rackets that can't miss. That's not authentic competition, and it drives away any player who enjoys legitimate competition who doesn't want to get out the cookie cutters.
    Edited by Cathexis on March 2, 2020 5:54AM
    Praise Malacath.
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    But soloing is viable? I've been doing it since beta.1 v xing, soloing rss and outposts, soloing ball groups, soloing barely defended keeps, and even soloing emperor- it's all possible with the right build. What you want is for soloing to be a casual easily accessible experience and it's not. You are choosing the hard life of not teaming in a team game. It's like queing solo squads in pubg, if you're not shroud ofc it's going to seem next to impossible. You just have to get good enough to pull it off.

Solo should be an accessible experience to every player, and not priveleged to a select few who roll the right class and build. It also shouldn't be defined by killing lowbies and the underequiped.

No. If you do not want to work to earn it the ranks of being a solo player than you don't deserve to be one lol. The entire point of choosing the hardest route in a competitive game is to be better than everyone else because they cant or are too lazy to do it! If anyone can be a solo player then there's no point in being a solo player.

Its the same thing with endgame trials, if you wont work to get endgame level skill and gear then you wont clear it (unless you buy it like a loser).

• NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo = extra ult gen, shields arent effected by battle spirit; should apply to groups no larger than 4.
    Should have a debuff like 1% less damage and 1% less healing up to 10% or more the bigger the group is. They just need to incentives why you would want to play solo over group. Like 1.5% more AP or something like a lone wolf buff.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x48rph wrote: »
    x48rph wrote: »
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    I think dynamic ultimate generation should be given to all solo players(not emp or artifact wielder) on each server via battle spirit. With possibly a dmg mitigation buff like 5-10%.

No. Why do people always think they should be entitled to some kind of special buff or treatment just cause they want to play solo. Cyro is for AvAvA fighting. If you want to run around solo, more power to you but you shouldn't be entitled to anything more or less than every other player gets whether in a group or not.

*Cough* Pot calling the kettle black *cough* if you really think that maybe you should be the first to volunteer your overpowered group armors and aoe caps be removed.

If you want it to be even they should put in damage redux modifiers for ungrouped players getting hit by multiple targets and sets that give higher bonuses when ungrouped. Of course raids would just find some sort of add-on based ui workaround and stack with discord.

Which by the way, you honestly don't think discord is a wildly outrageous team advantage?
    Please.

Cyrodiil is not explicitly for AvAvA it's an adventure and questing zone just like any other area of the game. This one just happens to be pvp enabled with large scale objectives.

Again, no because that would be giving special treatment to people playing solo. It's not the pot calling the kettle black.

I agree. As someone that plays solo and small group, we make our choice when we go solo in an instanced clearly designed for groups. I find it fun going solo.
  • Dalarius_Avicius
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    lol no.

Basically nerf mag, so you can have an easier time pretending you are any good in PvP when all builds but your own gets nerfed.

What's funny is that over the years, I have not seen any real difference in the outcomes of a larger group vs. a smaller one, and when I have it was due to SETS or the exact kind of changes that "small mans" and "soloers" begged for that wound up buffing ball groups to the state they are in.

What needs to happen before a heal reduction is actually a damage reduction cap and a nerf to BRP Resto and DW. Then a nerf to sets that heal and then next some of these sets that allow you to tank and push massive damage also need to be adjusted.

What's funny is that if that really happens, guess what will happen to your solo ability? It will diminish drastically because your ability to solo hinges on the exact same powercreep that makes a ball group impossible to kill.

Yet the forums are filled with smoke being blown under the guise of fixing the tank meta, when it's really just a bunch of stam players looking for a nerf to mag, despite stam having every single advantage this patch and the patches before it. It's mind numbing.

TL;DR: NO.

Actually ur ability to solo hinges on the premise that gameplay revolves mostly around player skill. That's why over the years the ability to play solo is diminishing. Because combat has been dumbed down to a level of stupidity.

^This is an actual and accurate statement pertaining to a few changes that have recently been made in ESO, such as how they killed block canceling and that's more than likely only the beginning. Animation canceling is what helps keep skill gaps wide, which if solo play is going to be doable it HAS to be that way. Many players including myself have been working on improving our game in order to stay ahead and adapt to whatever changes ZOS throws at us, but the one thing I do agree on is this guy's statement. They are dumbing down PVP slowly but surely and though I like some of the changes introduced to the game, such as Off-Balance changes, I do not agree with block cancelling being gutted from the game, it simply narrows the skill gap and limits whatever solo/small group PVP players are left standing in a game that is honestly trying to kill their playstyle off.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. If you do not want to work to earn it the ranks of being a solo player than you don't deserve to be one lol. The entire point of choosing the hardest route in a competitive game is to be better than everyone else because they cant or are too lazy to do it! If anyone can be a solo player then there's no point in being a solo player.

Its the same thing with endgame trials, if you wont work to get endgame level skill and gear then you wont clear it (unless you buy it like a loser).

The ranks? Excuse me? As if you are entitled to dictate who should or shouldn't be allowed or able to 1vX? It is most certainly NOT the same as endgame trials. Trials are an entirely different competitive structure, and suggesting that selecting a particular class or build as being required to 1vX is 100% elitism - the meta rotates faster than a player can sufficiently build for 1vX from scratch, and most pvp'ers are more interested in PvPing than grinding out *** unrelated to PvP.

And what do you mean "there's no point in being a solo player." Being a solo player is not a status symbol. It's a play style. What you are saying then is that the only people who should be allowed to even *attempt* 1vX are people who play religiously and that is exactly the kind of mentality that drives out the pvp player base.

Imagine if I told you you were only allowed to group and fight at keeps if you grinded out the very best of everything, you'd be livid, you'd demand changes and justice. And I'd agree with you, because grouping isn't a status symbol either, it's just a play style, and it should be accessible to the common player, just like 1vX.

So Yes it should. The "ranks." Honest to god, as if you think you're all that because you rolled the right class and did some math. That right there is elitist hypocrisy at its finest.

*Clears throat*
    [Snip]

[Edited for profanity bypass & baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 2, 2020 2:00PM
    Praise Malacath.
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭

The ranks? Excuse me? As if you are entitled to dictate who should or shouldn't be allowed or able to 1vX? It is most certainly NOT the same as endgame trials. Trials are an entirely different competitive structure, and suggesting that selecting a particular class or build as being required to 1vX is 100% elitism - the meta rotates faster than a player can sufficiently build for 1vX from scratch, and most pvp'ers are more interested in PvPing than grinding out *** unrelated to PvP.

And what do you mean "there's no point in being a solo player." Being a solo player is not a status symbol. It's a play style. What you are saying then is that the only people who should be allowed to even *attempt* 1vX are people who play religiously and that is exactly the kind of mentality that drives out the pvp player base.

Imagine if I told you you were only allowed to group and fight at keeps if you grinded out the very best of everything, you'd be livid, you'd demand changes and justice. And I'd agree with you, because grouping isn't a status symbol either, it's just a play style, and it should be accessible to the common player.

Im not saying they arent allowed to attempt to 1vx people, im saying they should work out how to before they are able to do it like everyone else who already does it lol. You think we just woke up some morning and decided, yeah im going to beat that zerg solo? No. I made my build, from scratch (sure af didnt follow a meta or change my class), went to cyrodiil, refused to group at my risk, and died repeatedly for months until I could do it and even emp successfully multiple times on my own. 1vXing should not be easy because it isnt in any way, shape, or definition. You want it? Earn it like everyone else. Don't beg for it to be handed to you because you can't do it like them.

Being a solo player isnt a status symbol, being a successful solo player is though. In Cyrodiil, you're either a zergling in large scale, a Ap farmer in small scale, or a Solo 1vxer who can kill the previous two groups on their own or live to tell about it and are actually seen to make a difference in any fight they go to. You can "attempt" to be a solo player all you want but until you can 1vX you're simply just taking up space for zerglings that are valued higher than you.

And for the last paragraph, you realize solo players don't care about keeps right?
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    1.Using battle spirit, butcher off heals, healing as a solo and in 1v1 scenarios is fine and fairly balanced, however many people have realised that a healer in group vs group play is worth 10 Mediocre zerg dps And healers are more prevalent that ever, most abilities should heal 50% less to other targets.

I think there is a more interesting option, both for pvp and pve. Make all healing tooltips higher, but also make it so that resistances (both normal and crit) apply to the friendly spells (healing) as well. :trollface:
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine if I told you you were only allowed to group and fight at keeps if you grinded out the very best of everything, you'd be livid, you'd demand changes and justice. And I'd agree with you, because grouping isn't a status symbol either, it's just a play style, and it should be accessible to the common player.

Im not saying they arent allowed to attempt to 1vx people, im saying they should work out how to before they are able to do it like everyone else who already does it lol. You think we just woke up some morning and decided, yeah im going to beat that zerg solo? No. I made my build, from scratch (sure af didnt follow a meta or change my class), went to cyrodiil, refused to group at my risk, and died repeatedly for months until I could do it and even emp successfully multiple times on my own. 1vXing should not be easy because it isnt in any way, shape, or definition. You want it? Earn it like everyone else. Don't beg for it to be handed to you because you can't do it like them.

Being a solo player isnt a status symbol, being a successful solo player is though. In Cyrodiil, you're either a zergling in large scale, a Ap farmer in small scale, or a Solo 1vxer who can kill the previous two groups on their own or live to tell about it and are actually seen to make a difference in any fight they go to. You can "attempt" to be a solo player all you want but until you can 1vX you're simply just taking up space for zerglings that are valued higher than you.

And for the last paragraph, you realize solo players don't care about keeps right?

What is your build if you don’t mind me asking?
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For starts before I even read your post, forgive me for getting cranked up, I have pounded my head on this topic for patches and patches and I don't even usually do it anymore because it honestly changes nothing and I just play extremely little if at all anymore (for the reasons listed).

Solo players DO care about keeps when solo players can engage with keep assaults, that's sort of the point. Keeps used to be solo defensible objectives. Keeps used to be defensible by a skeleton crew who played well against onslaughts of players. The point in that regard is that they aren't anymore. You can't make plays like that anymore. You can't even delay a group as a single player because you have no impact. As I had mentioned, I've played this game since release and on numerous occasions defended keeps that now would be obviously and hopelessly lost causes.

Earning it, by your concept doesn't mean anything, because they shift the meta as soon as you earn it, so then you have to earn it again, and your investing so much time into pve circle jerking to get a small crum of 1vX that the time investment is a tease. Do you understand that building a build once doesn't matter. Pvpers don't want to pve. Pvp is not an extension of PvE. It's a separate, distinct category of play, in trials you are doing pve, and in return, enhancing your pve profile. That doesn't happen in pvp, in the same way, it only happens at a play skill level, which has had it's learning curve completely diminished, meaning pvp just favours pve. It's taking end game pvp content, gating it for end game pvp players and handing it over to end game pve players.

The fact that you didn't follow a meta has nothing to do with 1vX. The meta dictates what you are fighting as much as what you are using. "Do it like them." What does that mean exactly, that you can superstack your gear and stats in a way that allows you to outmaneuver your average incoming damage by three statistical standard deviations so you can't mathematically die, and then farm out some lowbies. That's not 1vX, its a sad imitation of its former glory, and most dark ages players will agree. (So ya, I know my ***, I can do the math enough to know that this *** is rigged).

You haven't been looking at what I'm trying to say. No one is begging for anything, we are demanding that we stop getting screwed around by meta shifts and players who want to keep 1vX statistically locked out from players who don't invest X amount of time, or who have X amount of pve resources. We want a competitive environment, where moving in close to a populated group is as risky to the opponents we engage as it is for us.

Not this facade, because what you are suggesting IS that 1vX be limited to a select group of players who have access to resources necessary to play that way by maintaining a high, specific, and rotating threshold for who and what qualifies, and superimposing the expectation that if a player doesn't do something within the confines you provided, then their value is less and that they should suffer indignity or be forced into an alternative role they did not choose.

That is, by definition, making it a status symbol

And that's exactly why players quit. Because they see the elitism blocking them from playing on a level competitive playing field, in the play style they enjoy, and they say "well screw this, I'm not going to waste my time playing a game that's strategically rigged against me." Not only that, but when I look at the attitudes that group players project, about discriminating against players who don't want to play in a group all the time, its not surprising that the trend of the game has been reflective of that attitude of "either you're in the group, or get out." Because maybe it is enhancing the group experience, but it is pushing out and turning off an entire other player base in the process.

My point is that some of us do wake up one the morning and say "I'm going to take down that zerg today."
    And then, given the option, we go out and do it. Because that's what competing with your A game is. It's being Han Solo and hearing C3P0 say "Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately 3,720 to 1," and looking him right in his *** vader-child glowing round robot eyes and saying "Never tell me the odds."

300?cb=20130801222349
    Edited by Cathexis on March 2, 2020 9:22AM
    Praise Malacath.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solo play is now becoming almost impossible In cyrodil thanks to the sheer number of tanks, healers and harmony bombers but I think a few changes can fix that before is forced to do the same.

1.Using battle spirit, butcher off heals, healing as a solo and in 1v1 scenarios is fine and fairly balanced, however many people have realised that a healer in group vs group play is worth 10 Mediocre zerg dps And healers are more prevalent that ever, most abilities should heal 50% less to other targets.

2.change ulti gain so that 1 target can only produce x amount of ulti per second, meaning 20 people attacking 1 person don’t generate a total of 500 ultimate for each person getting 1 light attack on a target and healers having targets walk through their aoes should work in the same manor.

3.Change negate to be an alliance war ultimate, since most sorcs don’t run it anyway change negate with a more stamina centred ultimate and give the option of negate to everyone .

4. Introduce snare immunity like CC immunity, since most sources of snare immunity don’t work properly anyway.

5.Remove the self synergy from graveyard, this will make harmony actually need to be used with others how synergises are intended to be used, rather than how it is currently used to self synergise ones own ability.

6. Remove or severely nerf forward camps, forward camps are one of the main causes of game crashing at huge keeps fights, with a group finally being wiped to only have them return instantly and in the same number thanks to 1 forward camp, which allows groups to relentlessly attack a keep, until the game crashes or they take it.

7.Change the hammer and emperor system, this is basically a reward for the faction with the most active players, which actually should work in reverse if anything with buffs going to the faction with the least players on, or the hammer allowing gated factions reclaim a centre keep, its hard to believe how little forward thinking has gone in to this system and how much it rewards the most popular faction.

Man, you’re supposed to be 1vXing pugs, not organized ball groups or tanked-up, small man, farming kill squads.

Maybe your target selection is a bit off...

Then again, I’d like ZOS to fix Cyro before they change anything else lol.

Wrong. 1vXing organized ball groups was epically awesome, and it was a tragic loss that it has been prohibited through number crunching.

I wish I'd played back then, then. For real...
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭

Fury Spriggan Bloodspawn on a dk, haven't changed it in 5 years.

For starts before I even read your post, forgive me for getting cranked up, I have pounded my head on this topic for patches and patches and I don't even usually do it anymore because it honestly changes nothing and I just play extremely little if at all anymore (for the reasons listed).

Solo players DO care about keeps when solo players can engage with keep assaults, that's sort of the point. Keeps used to be solo defensible objectives. Keeps used to be defensible by a skeleton crew who played well against onslaughts of players. The point in that regard is that they aren't anymore. You can't make plays like that anymore. You can't even delay a group as a single player because you have no impact. As I had mentioned, I've played this game since release and on numerous occasions defended keeps that now would be obviously and hopelessly lost causes.

I can assure you 99% of solo and small scale people do not care about playing the map or taking keeps in any way so long as it involves having ticks stolen by other players. Most only care about killing people in vast quantities and the rest want to live forever for some reason. But defending keeps? that's a different story. I do enjoy defending keeps solo because its simply just one of the best ways to get a quick huge tick and kill obscene amounts of players with ease.

Step 1 see their numbers and if they got a camp, if they do sneak around and burn it, at the very least someone will thank ya for that later.

Step 2 sneak back in lay a phat stack of oils on the rafters and wait for them to stack up on their ram without a siege shield so they think they are pvding an empty keep. If they do have a shield then just skip this entirely and just beat them down.

Step 3 drop all 6+ oils on them followed by an AOE ult (for me its shifting standard or corrosive armor) then hop down to finish off the rest. if they have more than 2 braincells to survive that or are just that many people split them up through kiting and kill them off on the sides.

Must have done it a thousand times by now but my point is solo defending a keep is easy with the right mindset, nowadays Ive seen people just straight up abandon keeps when 5 or so show up and its just sickening. Zerglings are free ap, why are you running?
    Earning it, by your concept doesn't mean anything, because they shift the meta as soon as you earn it, so then you have to earn it again, and your investing so much time into pve circle jerking to get a small crum of 1vX that the time investment is a tease. Do you understand that building a build once doesn't matter. Pvpers don't want to pve. Pvp is not an extension of PvE. It's a separate, distinct category of play, in trials you are doing pve, and in return, enhancing your pve profile. That doesn't happen in pvp, in the same way, it only happens at a play skill level, which has had it's learning curve completely diminished, meaning pvp just favours pve. It's taking end game pvp content, gating it for end game pvp players and handing it over to end game pve players.

Though I do PVE a lot for my alt's meme builds, on my main as I stated above, has not changed his build in half a decade lol. There is no meta, just get a build with proper stats, learn the basics (animation canceling and weaving), find out what the best your class can do and then tweak it to the best you can do. Theory crafting is not a long rediculous unfathomable time investment of math, Its a simple questionnaire that people overlook because they can't be bothered to experiment. I explain it better here.
    The fact that you didn't follow a meta has nothing to do with 1vX. The meta dictates what you are fighting as much as what you are using. "Do it like them." What does that mean exactly, that you can superstack your gear and stats in a way that allows you to outmaneuver your average incoming damage by three statistical standard deviations so you can't mathematically die, and then farm out some lowbies. That's not 1vX, its a sad imitation of its former glory, and most dark ages players will agree. (So ya, I know my ***, I can do the math enough to know that this *** is rigged).

The "meta" as you state here is just the default state of builds that zerglings are asked to run by their GM/RL/Alcast. It affects me very little and my playstyle simply changes to adapt to it. Its the same thing as when fortified brass came out and all the zergs said "put this on or ur not getting an inv". Ya know what I changed? I just used corrosive armor more and laughed at them as they continued to be 3 shotted.
    You haven't been looking at what I'm trying to say. No one is begging for anything, we are demanding that we stop getting screwed around by meta shifts and players who want to keep 1vX statistically locked out from players who don't invest X amount of time, or who have X amount of pve resources. We want a competitive environment, where moving in close to a populated group is as risky to the opponents we engage as it is for us.
    Do you understand what real MMO's are and always have been? A time investment where the person who invests the most time is better. Its been that way since EQ. If you cant invest time to improve and adapt then real mmo's' are not for you. Im sorry, go play WoW where everyone wears the same stuff and you can just log in and get your instant gratification for doing a phone app.
    Not this facade, because what you are suggesting IS that 1vX be limited to a select group of players who have access to resources necessary to play that way by maintaining a high, specific, and rotating threshold for who and what qualifies, and superimposing the expectation that if a player doesn't do something within the confines you provided, then their value is less and that they should suffer indignity or be forced into an alternative role they did not choose.

.[/b]
    It should be. This is an MMO, a time investment race. The person who invests more time than you should be better. Period. You want to be as good as them? Invest the same amount of time that they did to get there. Don't like it? Good, find your own way that you do like. Solo is not for everyone and it shouldn't ever be, but it will never be impossible or non-viable. Just work harder, train more, learn to play, and get there like everyone else who already got there. If you cant? thats fine, not everyone can or should be the best at the game.

Jeez, you're like the kind of person who would want an elevator to the top of Everest because you didn't want to climb lol.

And that's exactly why players quit. Because they see the elitism blocking them from playing on a level competitive playing field, in the play style they enjoy, and they say "well screw this, I'm not going to waste my time playing a game that's strategically rigged against me." Not only that, but when I look at the attitudes that group players project, about discriminating against players who don't want to play in a group all the time, its not surprising that the trend of the game has been reflective of that attitude of "either you're in the group, or get out." Because maybe it is enhancing the group experience, but it is pushing out and turning off an entire other player base in the process.
    Edit: Christ, I can't even respond before you got another 2 angry paragraphs typed out lol. The bottom line is, this game has a learning curve, some people like it others don't, but the game is the same for everyone from start to finish, I could understand if we were in EVE and you could buy huge ships with big money straight out the gate, but this game isnt pay to win. You have the same limitations as everyone else, no one has an advantage over you that you cannot obtain yourself. The game is not rigged lol. Get good, really I mean it. Improve. Everyone else can do it so can you. Nothing is stopping you.
    Edited by Carespanker on March 2, 2020 9:24AM
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can assure you 99% of solo and small scale people do not care about playing the map or taking keeps in any way so long as it involves having ticks stolen by other players. Most only care about killing people in vast quantities and the rest want to live forever for some reason. But defending keeps? that's a different story. I do enjoy defending keeps solo because its simply just one of the best ways to get a quick huge tick and kill obscene amounts of players with ease.

Step 1 see their numbers and if they got a camp, if they do sneak around and burn it, at the very least someone will thank ya for that later.

Step 2 sneak back in lay a phat stack of oils on the rafters and wait for them to stack up on their ram without a siege shield so they think they are pvding an empty keep. If they do have a shield then just skip this entirely and just beat them down.

Step 3 drop all 6+ oils on them followed by an AOE ult (for me its shifting standard or corrosive armor) then hop down to finish off the rest. if they have more than 2 braincells to survive that or are just that many people split them up through kiting and kill them off on the sides.

Must have done it a thousand times by now but my point is solo defending a keep is easy with the right mindset, nowadays Ive seen people just straight up abandon keeps when 5 or so show up and its just sickening. Zerglings are free ap, why are you running?

Though I do PVE a lot for my alt's meme builds, on my main as I stated above, has not changed his build in half a decade lol. There is no meta, just get a build with proper stats, learn the basics (animation canceling and weaving), find out what the best your class can do and then tweak it to the best you can do. Theory crafting is not a long rediculous unfathomable time investment of math, Its a simple questionnaire that people overlook because they can't be bothered to experiment. I explain it better here.

The "meta" as you state here is just the default state of builds that zerglings are asked to run by their GM/RL/Alcast. It affects me very little and my playstyle simply changes to adapt to it. Its the same thing as when fortified brass came out and all the zergs said "put this on or ur not getting an inv". Ya know what I changed? I just used corrosive armor more and laughed at them as they continued to be 3 shotted.
    Do you understand what real MMO's are and always have been? A time investment where the person who invests the most time is better. Its been that way since EQ. If you cant invest time to improve and adapt then real mmo's' are not for you. Im sorry, go play WoW where everyone wears the same stuff and you can just log in and get your instant gratification for doing a phone app.

.[/b]
    It should be. This is an MMO, a time investment race. The person who invests more time than you should be better. Period. You want to be as good as them? Invest the same amount of time that they did to get there. Don't like it? Good, find your own way that you do like. Solo is not for everyone and it shouldn't ever be, but it will never be impossible or non-viable. Just work harder, train more, learn to play, and get there like everyone else who already got there. If you cant? thats fine, not everyone can or should be the best at the game.

Jeez, you're like the kind of person who would want an elevator to the top of Everest because you didn't want to climb lol.

Edit: Christ, I can't even respond before you got another 2 angry paragraphs typed out lol. The bottom line is, this game has a learning curve, some people like it others don't, but the game is the same for everyone from start to finish, I could understand if we were in EVE and you could buy huge ships with big money straight out the gate, but this game isnt pay to win. You have the same limitations as everyone else, no one has an advantage over you that you cannot obtain yourself. The game is not rigged lol. Get good, really I mean it. Improve. Everyone else can do it so can you. Nothing is stopping you.

But, an overwhelming number of pvp'ers, the people who want to do that as their main thing, don't want to invest exorbitant amounts of time into pve. If you set that precedent for pvp, that pvp sufficiently rewards equipment comparatively for that environment, then that might be a step in the right direction. The point most dedicated pvp'ers make is that it has almost no learning curve anymore, that over time the learning curve has diminished to cater to pve players and that success is almost entirely derived from pve status, solo handicaps, and number crunching. It's simply false to suggest that its anything else besides that, unless you consider grinding up the poorly equipped and the under-levelled as 1vX and I've already proved it with math. It has a lot of pay to win elements as well that impact inventory, mount speed, and skill availability. Your talking about solo like its the peak of mount Everest but actually its just a pve treadmill in front of a poster of a mountain.
    Edited by Cathexis on March 2, 2020 10:24AM
    Praise Malacath.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see what you did there, this must be another sorc nerf thread.

Boi, sorcerers use negate in orgnized pvp raid and pve lot.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol I said give negate to everyone, sorcerer Wouldn’t loose it, I swear someone could write buff empowering sweep and some sorc main stain would somehow interpret it as a sorc nerf post. If your using negate in PvE I'm sure there is something better for your murkmire questing dps.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this right here, is screenshot worthy.

wow.

#elitist
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

everybody knows that. but the secret sauce is the glyph, enchants, bars setup, pots, etc......
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You aren't entitled to win just because you are more than one person. I fully accept getting hit with a ton of damage engaging a full group, that's part of the challenge of 1vX, but there's a difference between it being challenging, and being *impossible.*

But at some point it has to become impossible. Against 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, or are you suggesting it should be possible for one person to 1 v X the entire population of the other 2 factions many of whom have similar skill level as the person 1 v Xing? That point is different for different people, it is also different depending on the skill level of your opponents. There will always be a point where it becomes impossible. You just want that point moved without yourself becoming more skillful. That shouldn't happen.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

Recently we've had to remove and edit several posts for baiting and flaming, content that is against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 2, 2020 2:24PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol I said give negate to everyone, sorcerer Wouldn’t loose it, I swear someone could write buff empowering sweep and some sorc main stain would somehow interpret it as a sorc nerf post. If your using negate in PvE I'm sure there is something better for your murkmire questing dps.

If you are going to start giving class ulties to everyone mine will take dragon leap.
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

everybody knows that. but the secret sauce is the glyph, enchants, bars setup, pots, etc......

The secret sauce is animation canceling, weaving, and rolling around pillars when needed. (seriously, 95% of the game cant do it.)
    Ranger209 wrote: »

If you are going to start giving class ulties to everyone mine will take dragon leap.

Give me pestilent colossus! The DK poison passives would make it hit very hard balanced and fair.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The elephant in the room is that most solo players are try hards to just don’t play well with others.

It’s full of make me OP so I can compete players who think they’re way better than they are. Most solo players think they’re way better than they are without realizing they’ve only done one form of pvp.

If you need an advantage to play solo against others, then how ‘awesome’ are you really.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 3, 2020 9:16AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Infectious1X
    Infectious1X
    ✭✭✭
    This is the only MMO I have ever played where solo players feel entitled to be able to consistently face groups and win. This makes absolutely no sense assuming players are equally skilled since, theoretically, let’s just say in a 1v2, it’s a 100% multiplier vs a 200% multiplier. It should be obvious who wins. Obviously it’s not quite this simple as there are many variables to take into consideration, but you understand the point.

Ironically, by attempting to buff solo play, you actually encourage zerging even more since if a single player can withstand the attacks of multiple players, then it becomes essential to add EVEN MORE players to overcome their defenses, and if player defenses are this powerful to allow 1vXing, then how could it ever be possible for solo damage to be anything other than useless?

If the request is to give subtle “outnumbered” buffs, such as that similar to revenge in For Honor, then it shows how much solo players wish for the system to carry them rather than achieve victory through superior skill.

This is not an asymmetrical game, but a symmetrical one. Every player is given the chance to be equal, so being given that, if individual players are able to beat groups of players, then how is that equal? I’m just trying to understand the logic.
    Edited by Infectious1X on March 3, 2020 10:06AM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can still solo. The fun part about soloing is when YOU do pull off that 1v2, 1VX. Plus following somebody around the map isnt how I want to play.
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thing is, the people involved in the X of 1vxing are not usually skilled and thats the thing solo players pride themselves over, being better than that majority because, in theory, they should have all the advantage due to numbers but do not due to their lack of understanding of how the game works. In terms of skill in pvp, most players (on all factions) can't even animation cancel, weave, or even place siege- Let alone know what impen or resists even do- hell, back when I was starting the PVP discord((s) it was just EP in the begining) we would have weeks and sometimes months just discussing how if we just taught just 5% of players those few simple mechanics our faction would be significantly better than the rest, and then we made weekly free training for anyone and everyone taught by- get this, solo pvpers (and btw EP/NA/PC has been winning camps ever since). Why? because the "secret sauce" people claim us solo people have is literally just an understanding of base game mechanics and when people struggle to understand or overcomplicate the "secret sauce" then that is when the "elitist" persona comes out in retaliation.

Its not rocket science, its basic arithmetic that is seen by hard as anyone and everyone the first time around and that's the part we don't understand (and occasionally make fun of you for) is that ya filthy casuals can't/refuse to understand the basics. IMHO, it should be harder to understand so you at least have validity to your claims of it being some impossible feat to understand this game while at the same time give more meaning to be solo.
    Iskiab wrote: »
    The elephant in the room is that most solo players are try hards to just don’t play well with others.

It’s full of make me OP so I can compete players who think they’re way better than they are. Most solo players think they’re way better than they are without realizing they’ve only done one form of pvp.

If you need an advantage to play solo against others, then how ‘awesome’ are you really.

The "advantage" is nothing anyone else cant obtain themselves; there is no amount of min-maxing or theory crafting that will ever make you a god (which is why copying builds never work). You have to learn to play the game if you want to be better, that's all.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the only MMO I have ever played where solo players feel entitled to be able to consistently face groups and win. This makes absolutely no sense assuming players are equally skilled since, theoretically, let’s just say in a 1v2, it’s a 100% multiplier vs a 200% multiplier. It should be obvious who wins. Obviously it’s not quite this simple as there are many variables to take into consideration, but you understand the point.

Ironically, by attempting to buff solo play, you actually encourage zerging even more since if a single player can withstand the attacks of multiple players, then it becomes essential to add EVEN MORE players to overcome their defenses, and if player defenses are this powerful to allow 1vXing, then how could it ever be possible for solo damage to be anything other than useless?

If the request is to give subtle “outnumbered” buffs, such as that similar to revenge in For Honor, then it shows how much solo players wish for the system to carry them rather than achieve victory through superior skill.

This is not an asymmetrical game, but a symmetrical one. Every player is given the chance to be equal, so being given that, if individual players are able to beat groups of players, then how is that equal? I’m just trying to understand the logic.

The lunatic fringe of players who want to add 1 gazillion lines of code debuffing players for just happening to be in the vicinity of their allies do not speak for many of us. All I have ever asked for was for ZOS's mechanics to work the same for every single player in that game, that is not catering to solo players; that';s just asking ZOS not to cater to zergs by having AoE Caps artificially mitigate the damage they should take.

The thing is it's very rarely equally skilled simply because there is a wide diversity of player experience and ability. Yes, if I happen to be up against 2 people who are at least as good as me, I don;t expect to win and that's perfectly fine. But if I am up against 2 potatoes, I find it infuriating when ZOS mollycoddles them by providing them with gear that automatically grants them powerful bonuses without even hitting a button and putting in stupid mechanics like cast-times that violate ZOS's own stated goal of fast-paced action combat. It's not symmetrical because gear sets provide major protection like it's going out of style, but ZOS nerfs anything remotely threatening offensively. That's totally skewed to encourage no build damage sponge builds that make trying to solo a pointless proposition.
  • TheRealCherokeee3
    TheRealCherokeee3
    ✭✭✭
    "...An Inexperienced player wearing Robes of the Hist, Pariah, and a set like Bloodspawn could absolutely stalemate an more experienced player..."giphy.gif

• Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The lunatic fringe of players who want to add 1 gazillion lines of code debuffing players for just happening to be in the vicinity of their allies do not speak for many of us. All I have ever asked for was for ZOS's mechanics to work the same for every single player in that game, that is not catering to solo players; that';s just asking ZOS not to cater to zergs by having AoE Caps artificially mitigate the damage they should take.

The thing is it's very rarely equally skilled simply because there is a wide diversity of player experience and ability. Yes, if I happen to be up against 2 people who are at least as good as me, I don;t expect to win and that's perfectly fine. But if I am up against 2 potatoes, I find it infuriating when ZOS mollycoddles them by providing them with gear that automatically grants them powerful bonuses without even hitting a button and putting in stupid mechanics like cast-times that violate ZOS's own stated goal of fast-paced action combat. It's not symmetrical because gear sets provide major protection like it's going out of style, but ZOS nerfs anything remotely threatening offensively. That's totally skewed to encourage no build damage sponge builds that make trying to solo a pointless proposition.

You could not have said it better, the number of players I see running bogdan on a magplar or magden in cyrodil is ridiculous, I will have a playerOn half health, out of stats, CCd and halfway through the combo I see his health pumping back up at ridiculous rates between the circles, BOLs/spores and bogdan, its no wonder I struggle to kill even the most thumbless potatoes. You can run defile but it doesn’t do anything when off heals are in such abundance and constant. Other people say “more burst” the only thing with the burst to kill these is a bomber and even then. I feel the Only way this can get fixed is to reduce healing to others by like 50% to even make killing people a possibility. Its like Cyrodil has evolved in to Almost PvE builds with pure tanks, pure healers and ulti dumping or bombers being the only things left viable.