The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make solo play viable again in PVP

• PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Most solo players think they’re way better than they are without realizing they’ve only done one form of pvp.

You mean the one form of PVP which is actually challenging in an otherwise dumbed down game which is catering more to casuals patch after patch.
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on March 4, 2020 10:18PM
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah I'm good with my solo NightBlade thank you very much
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Solo play is impossible In cyrodil"

As it should be, since it's a faction based war event.

disagree you're just a bad kid that could never amount to being able to solo play, as the majority of zergers! Therefor you will never respect it as well as every casual.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Solo play is impossible In cyrodil"

As it should be, since it's a faction based war event.

Its becoming a zergling based war event which is losing its popularity as it keeps catering to ppl like you
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People keep saying solo play should be difficult, when In reality group play shouldn’t be so ridiculously skill free and easy. You can quite easily and without difficulty run around in a zerg or a ballgroup with 3 damage sets and no heals and not experience any issues, when In reality most ballgroups and zerglings run around with a sword and board and 2 defensive sets and 30k health. To top it off the number of pure troll tanks and heal bots is ridiculous and in any 1vX situation there always seems to be 1 that spams for the res. Zos really needs to nuke off healing and group buffs in to near non existence.
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    People keep saying solo play should be difficult, when In reality group play shouldn’t be so ridiculously skill free and easy. You can quite easily and without difficulty run around in a zerg or a ballgroup with 3 damage sets and no heals and not experience any issues, when In reality most ballgroups and zerglings run around with a sword and board and 2 defensive sets and 30k health. To top it off the number of pure troll tanks and heal bots is ridiculous and in any 1vX situation there always seems to be 1 that spams for the res. Zos really needs to nuke off healing and group buffs in to near non existence.

Or... we could ask them to make more sets to deal with thicc zerglings like VD. I do agree tho that the amount of people zerging to GO is a little sickening.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind them taking a look at synergies and cross healing. Synergies are supposed to be a very important part of group play and they should be, but there becomes a point where they maybe are too much of an advantage. Maybe reducing their effectiveness depending on how many people are in a group could aid smaller groups while curbing what it does for large groups. If say they worked as they do now on group sizes up to 4, but then for each additional group member they became 2% or 3% less effective so that in a full group of 24 synergies were 40 to 60% less effective. Same thing with cross healing, the more members in a group the less effective it became. I don't know, more calculations are probably the last thing this game needs. Not sure if I like the idea or not, maybe someone can convince me one way or the other. :)
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off heals should just be a total pool of x amount of healing per second distributed evenly Amongst a group rather than 1 templar circle healing a zerg for 70k health a tick, it should distribute 3k over the 30 people, this would add a bit of skill to group play and make off healing be that off heals not 2 people doing 30 peoples healing for them
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solo play is not impossible if you can just accept the fact that you will die often if not wll the time to tremendous numbers (on locked cp pc na). Pick your fights and positioning very carefully and set realistic goals. If I can get two kills per death solo on the 30 day, even if I die 20x in a few hours, i feel satisfied.

If you're getting zero kills and 20 deaths, I would suggest you look into adjusting your strats and positioning
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    The elephant in the room is that most solo players are try hards to just don’t play well with others.

It’s full of make me OP so I can compete players who think they’re way better than they are. Most solo players think they’re way better than they are without realizing they’ve only done one form of pvp.

If you need an advantage to play solo against others, then how ‘awesome’ are you really.

Talking of needing an advantage, don't you run around in a ball group playing tank builds? But sure, keep criticising solo players, hahahaha.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But soloing is viable? I've been doing it since beta.1 v xing, soloing rss and outposts, soloing ball groups, soloing barely defended keeps, and even soloing emperor- it's all possible with the right build. What you want is for soloing to be a casual easily accessible experience and it's not. You are choosing the hard life of not teaming in a team game. It's like queing solo squads in pubg, if you're not shroud ofc it's going to seem next to impossible. You just have to get good enough to pull it off.

Take my friend here for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzfTrQgyTKM

stam necro why am i not surprised? whats about magicka builds?
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forward camps are limited to 20 players and have timers, so "relentless" is the wrong word. Try beginning your arguments from a better starting point than exaggeration.

Yeah, it sounds like OP is describing camps before they got nerfed: no respawn timer, no limit to players spawning there, and you could spawn at a camp from ANYWHERE on the map. Keep battles could last for hours with those camps...
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on March 8, 2020 9:26PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server