Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is happening with ESO housing?

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @barney2525 what is housing like in Archeage? it was one I have been looking at because they sent me a beta key I couldn't use :joy: The only couple of houses I saw on YouTube didn't excite me too much, but I did love the way the characters walked haha! :lol: But yes, couldn't get much of an idea of the housing at all really from the videos, they were pretty sparse...

Also, which platform do you play on? if you so happen to be on PC EU I can recommend a couple of housing guilds that do regular housing tours, then everybody would see your house, and you could see theirs too! Housing guilds are wonderful :smile:
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on February 16, 2020 11:13PM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @barney2525 what is housing like in Archeage? it was one I have been looking at because they sent me a beta key I couldn't use :joy: The only couple of houses I saw on YouTube didn't excite me too much, but I did love the way the characters walked haha! :lol: But yes, couldn't get much of an idea of the housing at all really from the videos, they were pretty sparse...

Also, which platform do you play on? if you so happen to be on PC EU I cam recommend a couple of housing guilds that do regular housing tours, then everybody would see your house, and you could see theirs too! Housing guilds are wonderful :smile:

They have specific zones for housing. You basically get a 'kit' for the size of house you want and have to find a spot where the house will fit. This is a limitation because there is only so much space available in any particular zone. once placed, which also requires taxes ( which are easily obtained) it tells you how many mats you need - for a standard 16 x16 it will be 3 bundles (of 100) - a combination of Brick and lumber. Apply the bundles in the correct order - poof - you got a house.

Obviously there's a lot more to it, different size houses, remodeling houses to make them bigger etc, but thats the basics. You also will have weekly taxes (which are easy to generate) - and the more properties you own, the more taxes you pay. If you dont pay the taxes over a 3 week period, the house disappears and the kit comes back to you in the mail - minus the mats you put into it. Most of the items you had in the house come back as well.

Im on PC NA havent done much with unchained . in the past played leagcy and had some real cool housing. BUt then I came to ESO and like the overall game better.
    :#
    Edited by barney2525 on February 16, 2020 11:21PM
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

Also, which platform do you play on? if you so happen to be on PC EU I cam recommend a couple of housing guilds that do regular housing tours, then everybody would see your house, and you could see theirs too! Housing guilds are wonderful :smile:

They have specific zones for housing. You basically get a 'kit' for the size of house you want and have to find a spot where the house will fit. This is a limitation because there is only so much space available in any particular zone. once placed, which also requires taxes ( which are easily obtained) it tells you how many mats you need - for a standard 16 x16 it will be 3 bundles (of 100) - a combination of Brick and lumber. Apply the bundles in the correct order - poof - you got a house.

Obviously there's a lot more to it, different size houses, remodeling houses to make them bigger etc, but thats the basics. You also will have weekly taxes (which are easy to generate) - and the more properties you own, the more taxes you pay. If you dont pay the taxes over a 3 week period, the house disappears and the kit comes back to you in the mail - minus the mats you put into it. Most of the items you had in the house come back as well.

Im on PC NA
    :#

Ahh! Thanks for the info :smile: That sounds very unique haha! I've never heard of anything like that before!

• Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kittytravel I am really very sorry if it came across that way and that is not how I meant it at all! I just meant that although, of course, people who are into housing buy the houses, because that is a no brainer, ofc they do haha! But they are fussier! They buy houses that they love! But people who are trying to show off will buy all and any house. Mostly, people who care about housing will buy what they love, which is generally a pretty shared opinion, we aren't all the same but we all see creative potential! But things that are overpriced and crap and defy all that we are standing for get purchased by everybody! And again, I am not dissing these people! They can spend their money however they please! It is nobody elses business what somebody decides to spent their money on, but I wont say that it doesn't affect everybody and the entire game, because it does! When some people are willing to fork out crazy money for homes that cannot be decorated, of course that affects the community! Greatly actually!

Okay I'm glad to hear that; I think those types of people get grouped with what I've heard referred to as the "crate junkies" or more aptly "whales".
    It did come across to me a bit in that notion but only because I know of a few dozen or so players (not in a housing guild) that bought some of the large crown only homes and maybe set 100-200 furniture in it; I don't know what they use it for but that to them is all they felt they needed. To me looking outside in I could very much see them taking that wording and feeling targeted.
    Thank you for clarifying; I will always agree the housing prices/furnishings are a bit too expensive for my tastes often times and it's why I purchase a large bundle of crowns on sale and then sit on it forever. The only crown store purchase I've made this year was the Dibella Flowers Vases, two of each but otherwise I felt that nothing was good enough to earn real money. It's sad that I resort to hoarding crowns but many of us do for the precise reason that it's pricey to spend them. As you said; one house shouldn't be an average days worth of wages.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Elara_Northwind and anybody else if you don’t mind, I would appreciate some decorating ideas for the ‘ MOONMIRTH HOUSE ‘

It is very narrow, so this one is a bit trickier for me. Thnx :)

Not trying to derail in anyway. Just sad to hear you maybe leaving. Especially, since you really helped pushing to make housing better on eso for a very long time.

Hi @xXMeowMeowXx are you on pc? I can send you an invite to a discord server which can help you out :smile:

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Kittytravel I am really very sorry if it came across that way and that is not how I meant it at all! I just meant that although, of course, people who are into housing buy the houses, because that is a no brainer, ofc they do haha! But they are fussier! They buy houses that they love! But people who are trying to show off will buy all and any house. Mostly, people who care about housing will buy what they love, which is generally a pretty shared opinion, we aren't all the same but we all see creative potential! But things that are overpriced and crap and defy all that we are standing for get purchased by everybody! And again, I am not dissing these people! They can spend their money however they please! It is nobody elses business what somebody decides to spent their money on, but I wont say that it doesn't affect everybody and the entire game, because it does! When some people are willing to fork out crazy money for homes that cannot be decorated, of course that affects the community! Greatly actually!

Okay I'm glad to hear that; I think those types of people get grouped with what I've heard referred to as the "crate junkies" or more aptly "whales".
    It did come across to me a bit in that notion but only because I know of a few dozen or so players (not in a housing guild) that bought some of the large crown only homes and maybe set 100-200 furniture in it; I don't know what they use it for but that to them is all they felt they needed. To me looking outside in I could very much see them taking that wording and feeling targeted.
    Thank you for clarifying; I will always agree the housing prices/furnishings are a bit too expensive for my tastes often times and it's why I purchase a large bundle of crowns on sale and then sit on it forever. The only crown store purchase I've made this year was the Dibella Flowers Vases, two of each but otherwise I felt that nothing was good enough to earn real money. It's sad that I resort to hoarding crowns but many of us do for the precise reason that it's pricey to spend them. As you said; one house shouldn't be an average days worth of wages.

of course! For me and some others I know, those judging them are known as 'housing snobs' :joy:

The prices are crazy, and make zero sense, it just looks like greed at this point, and the fact that materials are so sparse makes them look like they are nudging people to spend that money...

I don't judge people, I was only referring to the fact that some people just buy up every house no matter what, which is not always their fault, most of them don't even realise beforehand. I have known new players who bought epic houses and then cried about it because they didn't realise yet that most of them are too big for the limit! We just need houses suitable for the limit, if it can't be changed. It makes no sense to release houses that size when they know, and we know, that they aren't increasing the limit.
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on February 17, 2020 12:44AM

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »

Technical limitations of consoles and older CPUs. The bank doesn’t have to digitally render your furniture every time you walk into your real life house.

I don't buy this for a second as the reason. If that were the case, people wouldn't be able to enter half the buildings in the game.

When you enter your home all the furniture in there is individual pieces and they are place in relationship to all the other furniture in your house. When you go into a building that isn't a players home you are not seeing a whole bunch of individual pieces of furniture. It may look that way to you but the server doesn't have to render all those items separately. A set table in your home might be thirty different items. A table set the same way in an NPC's home will be just one item that looks like it could be thirty.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Austacker
    Austacker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not being able to 'sell' my houses back to NPCs is a large reason why I don't even bother buying new ones.

It's a gold sink with little to no return.

It has minimal practical use and endless, frustrating limitations.

It's better than what other MMOs offer granted, but after you get your first mid ranged place and have a full store of chests, there's really no reason at all to even bother with any more houses.

'But free travel' isn't an incentive either to be honest. Loading between zones (even just getting out of your own place) is so slow, I actually just take the gold hit to do a fast travel instead most of the time.

TLDR : Player housing beyond your first place that can house all the chests / workstations is basically worthless in ESO
    Edited by Austacker on February 17, 2020 4:19AM
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish there was more interactivity with stuff, like sleeping in the bed, or mounts and pets wandering around not just stuck on the spot, herb gardens, etc. at the moment all housing is to me is where the target dummy’s at.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel, personally, like ZOS are just not listening to the housing community whatsoever. Yes I decided to 'take a break' but I feel so passionately about the housing peeps, and am obviously in daily contact with many of them, because they are my online family, as I have said before, and I do want to return to the game one day possibly, I love this stupid game, man haha! :joy: And seeing people upset about it is really not cool!

@Tigerseye is like the literal voice of reason, everything she says is what I would want to say but a million times better!

Well, that is very kind of you, but I think that's pretty unlikely. :smile:

Also, normally takes me about 6 edits to fix all the typos and add/remove/improve bits. :lol:

It's not even about the limit right now, it's about the houses that have that limit! You give us houses that are really huge, and when we say 'ZOS we want medium homes!' you give us another large home, but with 400 items! Like 'here! You wanted a medium home yes??? This home has 400 items, so obviously it is medium, yesssss?!?!' Noooo! It's not! Your item limits do not determine the sizes of your homes! The space does!

Exactly.

Vanos444 wrote: »
    ESO housing = whales

No, to be fair, you can easily do housing, up to a very high standard, without spending any real life money, at all.

Other than the price of the base game and any chapters/DLCs you want a house in, obviously and (debatably) the ESO+ sub, which quite a lot of players are already getting for the craft bag, anyway.

All you have to do is: a) only buy houses you can buy with gold (which is still most of them) and b) only make your own furnishings/buy them from guild stores (often, pretty cheaply!), or vendors, with gold.

The vast majority of furnishings are craftable, or purchasable from the luxury furnisher, or zone/achievement furnishers.

Then, you can choose to spend some, or all, of your ESO+ Crowns on some of the (relatively few) furnishings that can't be made/bought with gold.

...and if you can find a reliable seller, you can now swap your in-game gold for Crown-only furnishings, if you want, too.

Many people do spend some real money, over and above all that, of course, because they want a Crown exclusive house and/or they want to buy more Crown-only furnishings, than their sub and gifting covers, but you genuinely don't have to.

I complain, because furnishing mats are now more scarce/expensive than they were, because of the furnishing limits, the lack of grouped furnishings and the size and layout of some houses.

However, as long as you are patient enough to allow your gold and supplies to build up, before starting your next new, very large build, don't want to decorate an entire new Manor/Notable, up to a high standard, every few months and you play on a regular basis, you can still definitely do furnishing without being a whale.

Edited by Tigerseye on February 17, 2020 4:55AM
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... I may be taking an 'extended break' from ESO, but many of my very good friends still play, and I have some thoughts :joy:

I just thought that I would post this video here, in case anybody is as passionate about housing in ESO as I have been over the years, and has an interest in this <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9321cuRWScs

i LOVE decorating my houses. but i CANT do it without my add on. Sadly their normal mode is a pain for walls....walls....i....hate....HATE..placing walls
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what we've heard the furniture limiting is tied to performance, which is understandable, but surely it can be worked on just like the other game's systems are being worked on, as opposed to just leaving it for a lost cause.

Compound furnishings like table settings were a great addition to ease the pressure while increasing the furnishing detail acieved in homes. Can we look at more ways to ease the strain like this? Why must it be a hopeless cause? How would players feel if they just left combat as it is? They won't, they're working on it. We just want some of that love given to us too.
    Yes, its an performance thing but its an client only issue who only hurt the one owning the house and visitors.
    If you stuff an house with 300 large trees and 300 lights it will be far more taxing than 600 books.
    For the server the house is just an list of furniture id and furniture positions.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    Consoles are the reason for the limits. If you've ever had to submit a ticket to get your character out of a house because he crashes every time it loads, then you've probably found another reason.

Personally I wouldn't mind PC players getting bigger housing limits but I'm sure most console players would feel like second class citizens if that were the case.

Console graphics are already downgraded to level the performance field. The furnishing limit is an arbitrary estimation number. Think about it. That one microscopic fork takes as much limit space as the big, lightning-spewing Kaalgrontiid statue. What do you think causes more stress? It's obvious the system is not fine-tuned for performance, console or PC.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Consoles are the reason for the limits. If you've ever had to submit a ticket to get your character out of a house because he crashes every time it loads, then you've probably found another reason.

Personally I wouldn't mind PC players getting bigger housing limits but I'm sure most console players would feel like second class citizens if that were the case.

Console graphics are already downgraded to level the performance field. The furnishing limit is an arbitrary estimation number. Think about it. That one microscopic fork takes as much limit space as the big, lightning-spewing Kaalgrontiid statue. What do you think causes more stress? It's obvious the system is not fine-tuned for performance, console or PC.

That is one thing that always frustrated me about eso housing, not the item limit itself so much as how lazy it’s implementation was, putting items of all sizes into one category. (This also goes for house size categories too btw, with such variation in house size, some in the same category make no sense at all, there should be a category in between medium and large, and one that surpasses notable, which ZOS could call ‘unusable’ which is exactly what they are when they claim that they can’t increase the limit, but still release a house that size anyway. If the limit can’t be increased then homes that fit that limit should be released, that would probably stop so many people getting frustrated!!)

I got a little derailed there haha! 😂 but yes, I conducted and recorded an experiment a while ago, placing 700 large animated objects in a house, and 700 bowls and knives and things in another. Admittedly, in the house with 700 animated objects strange things occurred 😂 but in the house with 700 small basic items, I had 100 FPS...

There could easily be a higher item limit in a sense, if item limits were set per category, for instance, a set limit for the tiny items, another for medium items, another for the big animated items... because I could have had double the amount of bowls in that second house and still would probably have had zero issues.

• Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There could easily be a higher item limit in a sense, if item limits were set per category, for instance, a set limit for the tiny items, another for medium items, another for the big animated items... because I could have had double the amount of bowls in that second house and still would probably have had zero issues.

I think that really depends on how many large items we get. We'd also probably need a reclassification of "item size" for about 60% of all the furnishings in the game as many of them don't seem to be correct in reference to scale with others in addition to likely grouping some of them together. After all comparing "Elsweyr Tower, Anicent Huge" as a huge house item to "Clockwork Gazebo, Copper and Basalt" just seems extremely silly.

I'd be worried that we lose too much freedom as if each category was limited this way many of the structuring furnishings would also end up limited. Ballroom Floor, Elsweyr Floor, Elsweyr Platform those are all large furnishings. Murkmire Platform and Murkmire Ramp are as well. I wouldn't want to end up limited to 200 large items just to gain another 100 tiny or small ones. In my opinion that would make decorating these large estates even more difficult and frustrating than now.
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    kalimar44 wrote: »
    So... I may be taking an 'extended break' from ESO, but many of my very good friends still play, and I have some thoughts :joy:

I just thought that I would post this video here, in case anybody is as passionate about housing in ESO as I have been over the years, and has an interest in this <3

This isn't Elder Housing Online. If people are going to play this just for housing, then this isn't the game for you. I could care less about the housing system in this game. Maybe SIMS is the game you really should be playing. 😁

This isn't Elder Trials Online either... This is an MMORPG with focuses on free-form game play. It's an open world which allows each person to pursue whatever area of interest they value not what kalimar44 values.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thokri wrote: »
    Not watching 20min video that felt long-winded after 5 seconds.. but housing is kinda useless for most players.

If it did not offer storage space and transmute/craft stations, I would never use or visit them and I suspect there are a lot more people like me than those who like to decorate.

I have free house with storage sitting near entrance, otherwise empty. I have some furnish but I am not going to spend time decorating. Even fishing is more fun.
    If there was option with gold to buy pre-furnished ones or some option that does automatically some kind of decoration, I would buy it but I would not use crowns for it, nor to buy houses.

This is me exactly. I pop in to store things and use transmute/craft stations, or free ports, that's it. If I could actually DO something in the house like plant a garden and grow herbs, give my toon a boost of some sort for sleeping in a bed. I think the gardening idea is great, it would give me the incentive to start wondering how this plant would look here or there etc. Something to get me started into actually caring more than a hill of beans about it.

I've nothing but admiration for those that put a lot of effort into their ESO homes however, everyone has their thing. I've a question though is it 600 items PER home you can have? Why not just an account wide limit instead like 3,000 items or something like that?
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was very excited to see housing come into the game. Now I'm not a big builder but what I enjoy is showing off my character's journey through the furnishings in their house. What I got was a humongous cash grab. It was so blatant and predatory that really it became somewhere to dump crowns and gold in because I really didn't have anything else to buy with it. I still translate crowns with cash. Motifs are another super expensive item. But housing goes into the $100s of dollars if you just buy crowns. But beyond that, so what. For decorators there's not enough item amount (and why if the limit can't be passed can the limit not be reached on some?). And for someone like me, there's so few items that actually show a character's journey. What do we have? A bunch of busts and trophies of bosses and a handful of achievement items?

I used to play EverQuest 2 which I though had a great housing system. Houses cost no more that $20 (I think the price last I played was at $15) with real world cash. Items, that you could make, were in every holiday. Normal housing items used the same ingredients as any other hand made item such as armor. And the result was I remember someone doing an Alice in Wonderland theme which was amazing. The Star Trek starship interior which blew my mind. They gave the people that had the such talent the ability to get in without a huge cost and without gating them. I had a carpenter (the crafting profession you needed to make furniture) that decorated a medium size house fully with stuff from the holiday events (didn't need anything special like special drops) that I thought looked really cool without any skill. I think like the Valentine's Day had something like sofas of different colors that didn't necessarily look all that tied to the holiday they were just brought in on that holiday. And you could make that stuff all year round once you have the recipe.

So I guess I was expecting that type of housing since we're talking about a modern game. Instead its just subpar and greedy. A huge disappointment that seems to have took the idea of people wanting housing as oh they just want a place to pretend their character lives in the world. Housing enthusiasts had much bigger dreams. I don't think the imagination can live in this version of housing.
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is happening with ESO housing? Not a damn thing, you can fill a large house with 700 items and it still looks empty
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ultimately money talks, and with the big houses being over 10k crowns and not giftable, it's actually a great opportunity for the customer base to "talk" to ZOS by no longer buying the houses. Work on the ones you already have and focus on what you can get in-game through the Golden Vendor or Guild Stores, whether by buying furnishings or schematics to make your own.

When they see number$ drop they'll have no choice but to change their marketing strategy for housing.
    If too many people keep buying they're just going to milk the cash cow.
    Pretty much no where else can they force people to put down big money for a single purchase. It's not like you can have a house pop out of a Crown Crate even.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Housing Streams need to be a thing; and they need to bring more of the housing developers on.
    I very much doubt that they have "housing developers".
    They have a team that builds new houses and crown store stuff (which is more an art and design job, not a programming or development one). One team member gets a bit of time to do the Zanil item for each week - probably in a batch over two weeks or so until they're moved on to something else.
    And then they have a guy who gets to spend a few days a month to deal with the rest of the housing stuff, including the development of new features - very, very slowly because it's only their side job.
    I seriously doubt there are "housing developers" (plural even!). Or I'd really, really like to know what the hell they're spending their time on.
    Edited by Varana on February 17, 2020 8:25PM
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

As we've removed a few non-constructive comments around baiting, please remember that while it’s all right to disagree or even debate with each other, provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Technical limitations of consoles and older CPUs. The bank doesn’t have to digitally render your furniture every time you walk into your real life house.

I don't buy this for a second as the reason. If that were the case, people wouldn't be able to enter half the buildings in the game.

That’s the reason the devs gave. If you don’t believe them that’s your problem. Wont change anything.

Right, Zos' lack of credibility is my problem.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

That is one thing that always frustrated me about eso housing, not the item limit itself so much as how lazy it’s implementation was, putting items of all sizes into one category. (This also goes for house size categories too btw, with such variation in house size, some in the same category make no sense at all, there should be a category in between medium and large, and one that surpasses notable, which ZOS could call ‘unusable’ which is exactly what they are when they claim that they can’t increase the limit, but still release a house that size anyway. If the limit can’t be increased then homes that fit that limit should be released, that would probably stop so many people getting frustrated!!)

I got a little derailed there haha! 😂 but yes, I conducted and recorded an experiment a while ago, placing 700 large animated objects in a house, and 700 bowls and knives and things in another. Admittedly, in the house with 700 animated objects strange things occurred 😂 but in the house with 700 small basic items, I had 100 FPS...

Or a budget mechanic. Fork costs one slot, Kaalgrontiid statue 10. 1000 slots in total.
    There are ways to fine-tune furnishing for sure. Maybe the upcoming performance improvements allow us to get just a couple more slots, that's a thought we should bring up to ZOS.
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭

corporations want us all to be homeless, even in fantasy?
    After careful consideration (and oh! so much deliberation) we have concluded that you circumstance sounds too much like a l2p issue for it to be just a mere coincidence.
  • EchoirVarsoj
    EchoirVarsoj
    ✭✭
    Man what would make me go ham with housing is if their system would have additional and enriched features.

Like a proper network navigation housing so I wouldn't have to rely on joining guilds and using addons to be able to visit or jump home from home to check other players creations. Imagine if there were in-game a proper ranking system for a broad catalog of housing themes.

Also it would be cool if the furnishing objects functionality would be more elaborated, like if you sleep in your bed you get x bonus on y activity, if you interact with a food/drink object you would get x buff, etc. The possibilities are endless; being able to grow a few provisioning items or just reagents for the sake of entertainment. Players have asked for animated characters as furnishings, armour dummies which can lets us display different style combinations. Or imagine if we could swap the weather or the sky of our houses. And there are other many more ideas which can make housing more attractive.

Players have pointed well known problems, like the furnishing items cap, limited storage capacity from coffers for a game where every quarter 4 new item sets are added and who knows what interesting builds one could make from that recently introduced gear. And so on.

It would be great if cool housing features from other mmos out there could be taken into consideration for updates to the current housing system.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L2Pissue wrote: »
    Stop crying what the hell
    Eso devs stated it clearly and i'm quoting:
    "HOUSING WILL REMAIN WITH A *** UP LIMIT BECAUSE WE HAVE ESO ON CONSOLES, SO *** OFF AND STOP DIGGING"

Yup, this is why I clearly stated that people understood that the limit would not be raised, ZOS told us that a year ago, but simply wanted houses that correlated to that limit... Perhaps know what you are posting on before you start smashing your keyboard and getting strangely angry for whatever reason, because the item limit is annoying, yes, but is one small spec when it comes to the issues with housing.

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was also the Homestead 3 year anniversary on the 6th. It didn’t even get an event for that like other areas of the game... I’m sure most people weren’t even aware of it! Which is sad too.

• Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2Pissue wrote: »
    Stop crying what the hell
    Eso devs stated it clearly and i'm quoting:
    "HOUSING WILL REMAIN WITH A *** UP LIMIT BECAUSE WE HAVE ESO ON CONSOLES, SO *** OFF AND STOP DIGGING"

and yet there is no excuse to not raise the limit of medium and large homes to 700 then.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone gets hung up on the item limit (which yes, stinks) but the devs explained that and I, personally, am willing to accept that.

What I can't accept is all the other suggestions and ideas that just disappear into the ether. More small/medium homes, more "group" or "filled" items (bookcases with books, table clutter sets, etc.) - all of which would relieve the item limit without having to increase it.

I can't accept that we are winding around to three years of the luxury vendor selling the same tired themes every week with one phoned in new addition. It has been suggested many times to give him an assistant like the writ guy - who sells the original themed items for those who has missed them, and have Zanil sell new stuff - there is a HUGE thread on the housing forums with suggestions for items with models already in the game.

Every home suggestion idea (boat home, apartment in a thieves den) gets turned into a giant, ridiculous crown exclusive.

Furniture crafting is a huge grind - with new exclusive DLC style mats gated behind limited dailies (that you can only do once a day unless you grind out on multiple characters/accounts). Plans with abysmal drop rates (looking at you, Clockwork) or when they are good - nerfed. (Traitor's Vault).

Housing has been neglected too long. Sure we got a couple additions like Undo and Grouping objects - but that's it and those are basic functionality that should be expected and not act like its a gift. People still can't visit my non-primary homes without an Addon (sorry consoles! Sorry people who don't use that add on!).

It's frustrating. When Homestead was announced, I was so excited - and its really sad that that it's just been neglected and ignored except for how much money it can rake in.
    Edited by anadandy on February 18, 2020 1:56PM