The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So Bonus Experience From Midyear Mahem are Only Available for PVP?

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mrhack51 wrote: »
    I'm new to Cyrodil and Imperial City and pvp. Double xp only for pvp kills? Anything for quests or killing a daedra?

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57605

There's a whole bunch of stuff!
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    Cirantille wrote: »
    Vietfox wrote: »
    I would cancel PvP in general, with their endless butthurt whining buff that, nerf this, Ciro lags, premade groups, OP that, broken this.
    Plaque of the game.

:#

We get it, you can't pvp.

I never even tried.
    Don't have the urge at all to waste my time on that.

See? I was right 😂

"I can not kill other players and I am afraid when the enemies are not predictable. But it is totally fine to be killed by scripted NPCs and bosses! So I hate PvP!"

Who said I hate PvP. Are you going through your life all the time with your imaginary constructs of what other thinks for which you have no insights at all.

I said it needs to be canceled as you are all bunch of nerf/buff whiners making this game broken with endless butthurt requests.
    Also, if you are not living in your imaginary constructs, you would see that I said that I never tried it as I have no interest in it.
    If I do, and decide to put time and effort in it, are you so sure that I would not trash you every time I see you, you the best?
    Don't worry tho, I don't intend to.

Blames someone for using "imaginary constructs of what other thinks". Continues to do just that by calling all pvp-ers "bunch of nerf/buff whiners making this game broken with endless butthurt".

Yeah, great way to validate your argument!

But that is not imaginary or putting words in someone's mouth.
    Just scroll the forum threads.
    Oh boy...

Oh, but it is. Just visit Cyrodiil one time and count the players. Now put that into perspective of how many of them whine on the forums.

Oh boy...

100 people on each faction at prime time.
    1k people maybe who play Cyrodiil regularly.
    And yet pvp whines about nerfs louder than PVE and the skills get changed accordingly. Which is why pve resents pvp community. I play both and don’t ever call for nerfs.

Pve is the more populous and therefore more important portion of the game yet they are constantly being nerfed because of pvp balance. To pvers it feels like tyranny of the few. To top it off, pvpers actively discourage and harass people who step foot into pvp for the first time.

This thread isn’t low quality bait, you got the frothing and the foaming without objective reason you were looking for op.

Sounds exactly like trying to join a vet trial as a PvPer or anybody that doesn't have a certain achievement. "LF DPS or heals for VSS, must link VSS completion achievement to join." How is anybody supposed to get things from a trial when people won't let you in the raid without something you can only get from that trial??

And yeah some people can be mean to people in PvP but its way worse in PvE land, at least you won't get kicked out of PvP or PvP guilds or scolded for not having a high enough dps parse.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treemagnet wrote: »
    I apologize. I was not aware of the limited number of PVP events vs PVE events.

Also, one of the two PvP events - Imperial City - has an entirely PvE element as well, as Imperial City dungeons are also part of the event. So, there is exactly one (1) dedicated, PvP only event.

But more seriously, I'm genuinely curious: where did you come to the conclusion that PvE gets sidelined? Pretty much every single DLC and Chapter is PvE-centric, with maybe a handful of PvP changes thrown in. They're not exactly adding PvP zones left, right, and center - the last Chapter that specifically added PvP-specific content was Morrowind in the form of Battlegrounds, and even then pretty much the entire rest of the Chapter was PvE-oriented. Prior to that was Imperial City, and that was specifically meant as a way for PvE players to participate more in PvP, as it's a mixed PvE/PvP zone.

I don't even mean this in a hostile way. I'm honestly puzzled. I look at this and see a game where PvP is an afterthought 9 times out of 10, if not more, and I'm struggling to see how you feel that PvE is in truth the part of the game that is sidelined. How do you figure?
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would cancel PvP in general, with their endless butthurt whining buff that, nerf this, Ciro lags, premade groups, OP that, broken this.
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.

See? I was right 😂

"I can not kill other players and I am afraid when the enemies are not predictable. But it is totally fine to be killed by scripted NPCs and bosses! So I hate PvP!"

Who said I hate PvP. Are you going through your life all the time with your imaginary constructs of what other thinks for which you have no insights at all.

I said it needs to be canceled as you are all bunch of nerf/buff whiners making this game broken with endless butthurt requests.
    Also, if you are not living in your imaginary constructs, you would see that I said that I never tried it as I have no interest in it.
    If I do, and decide to put time and effort in it, are you so sure that I would not trash you every time I see you, you the best?

Blames someone for using "imaginary constructs of what other thinks". Continues to do just that by calling all pvp-ers "bunch of nerf/buff whiners making this game broken with endless butthurt".

Oh boy...

Oh, but it is. Just visit Cyrodiil one time and count the players. Now put that into perspective of how many of them whine on the forums.

Oh boy...

On the other thread about open PvP world, someone said it is empty mostly.
    Also what to see there.
    Nothing. Bunch of dudes comparing imaginary ballsacks.

Ooh, someone else said it's mostly empty, so it must be true! Well, if it was mostly empty there would be a LOT less complaining on the forums now, wouldn't it?

I PvP all the time and 12-15 hours a day it's pretty empty.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hands down and missing from the list is the jubilee event
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55981

The first week of crafting, making it rain motifs

No kidding. Can't wait for this year - missed most of it last year on my second account, and this year I have accounts set up on EU too.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D I thought they might have cancelled it again by now
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ‘K - I am mainly a PVE’er - but this type of constant thread makes my blood boil.

Have the complainers done all of the story content there? Have they found all the Skyshards? Ticked the completed Delves & Dolmens off the list?

There are literally 50-ish town missions to do EVERY DAY.

S.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.

See? I was right 😂

Oh boy...

Oh boy...

And yet pvp whines about nerfs louder than PVE and the skills get changed accordingly. Which is why pve resents pvp community. I play both and don’t ever call for nerfs.

Pve is the more populous and therefore more important portion of the game yet they are constantly being nerfed because of pvp balance. To pvers it feels like tyranny of the few. To top it off, pvpers actively discourage and harass people who step foot into pvp for the first time.

This thread isn’t low quality bait, you got the frothing and the foaming without objective reason you were looking for op.

Sounds exactly like trying to join a vet trial as a PvPer or anybody that doesn't have a certain achievement. "LF DPS or heals for VSS, must link VSS completion achievement to join." How is anybody supposed to get things from a trial when people won't let you in the raid without something you can only get from that trial??

And yeah some people can be mean to people in PvP but its way worse in PvE land, at least you won't get kicked out of PvP or PvP guilds or scolded for not having a high enough dps parse.

It's called a progression run. The people looking for others with completes aren't trying to struggle bus for hours in a progression, they're trying to farm for gear or whatnot. If you wan't to learn, the best way to do it is to join people with your level of skill and form a progression team. That's how people tend to learn trials instead of just wanting a free carry without knowing the mechanics or bothering to learn anything.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Morieln
    Morieln
    Soul Shriven
    What's the least pvp way to get event tix in this event?

I don't mind trying pvp, and have attempted battlegrounds at this event in the past, figuring it was a good opportunity to try it while people are expecting event-related new participants, and maybe that way I'd learn and get better -- but I'm just not good at it, don't care that much about achieving efficient perfection in combat, and I'd rather find ways to get the event tix without getting grief from impatient teammates who resent us pve-oriented intruders from the event. : P

Do you encounter pvp while doing the quests mentioned on the event page?
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took me all of 8 minutes to get my 3 tickets...
    1) Grabbed a scouting report the northern gate (EP)
    2) Rode 1/2 way across the map to reach the the quest point at Aleswell
    3) Clicked “E” when I was in range
    4) Waited a few seconds to finish writing the report
    5) Stepped into a group of enemy NPCs and let them finish me off
    6) Spawned back at the gate to turn in the quest
    7) Profit

Never saw another player the whole time

(edit: formatting)
    Edited by lygerseye on January 24, 2020 5:06AM
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much resources can be allocated to better things. So much. Eso could have space force if not wasting resources on this.
    Edited by RefLiberty on January 24, 2020 6:30AM
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much resources can be allocated to better things. So much. Eso could have space force if not wasting resources on this.

What are you trying to achieve? ESO is a MMO, PvP is an important part of that and it will always be like this. This is not TES VI.

As for all the combat changes, 95% of the nerfs are changes PvP players didn't ask for. These changes break skills and mechanics in their turn, forcing people to ask for changing seriously broken skills. But believe me, every skill that gets nerfed into oblivion was made way to overpowered a few patches before (or it became bugged). Go look at the PvP parts of the forum, in each single nerf thread people say 'stop the nerfs'. And for PvE, DPS usually gets higher each patch and time achievements are being done faster each time, so what's the problem?

Just let us be. Don't be a sour *** because you don't like a part of the game which never gets attention but now gets it for about two weeks.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.

See? I was right 😂

Oh boy...

Oh boy...

The biggest and most comprehensive nerfs to the game were attempts to balance PvE. The developers even told us they were doing the nerfs to try and bring PvE back to where they imagined it.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Helgi_Skotina
    Helgi_Skotina
    ✭✭✭
    PvE on the sidelines? rly not, i already killed 200+ PvErs in cyro. ZOS should stop wasting time on monsters and motifs and make all Tamriel a huge PvP gank zone, so DC will capture Elden Root PvP flags and EP gankers sit in the corners of Daggerfall.
  • Lucious90
    Lucious90
    ✭✭✭
    Hoe about instead of reading what the forums say in regards to pvp you actually try it and form your own opinion on it? Bet you could have alot of fun
    Xbox/NA
    Naturegoat - Stam Warden
    Healgoat- Mag temp
    Staticgoat- Stam Sorc
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.

See? I was right 😂

Oh boy...

Oh boy...

On the other thread about open PvP world, someone said it is empty mostly.
    Also what to see there.
    Nothing. Bunch of dudes comparing imaginary ballsacks.

Ooh, someone else said it's mostly empty, so it must be true! Well, if it was mostly empty there would be a LOT less complaining on the forums now, wouldn't it?

I PvP all the time and 12-15 hours a day it's pretty empty.

You don't say? Could this be when people are at work or asleep and outside of primetime maybe? Look at Mournhold or any other faction main city at 9:00 CET and you will find that PVE is mostly empty too.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Lucious90
    Lucious90
    ✭✭✭
    PvE on the sidelines? rly not, i already killed 200+ PvErs in cyro. ZOS should stop wasting time on monsters and motifs and make all Tamriel a huge PvP gank zone, so DC will capture Elden Root PvP flags and EP gankers sit in the corners of Daggerfall.

Not a gank zone, but Ive actually talked about doing a special zone in each area with 3-5 objectives for pvpers to go into outside of Cyro. give the objectives zone specific bonuses attached to them. Control the North objective for an exp buff for your alliance in that zone, control South for better AP etc etc. Allow it to benefit the entire alliance but not force everyone into PvP.

Look up Warhammer onlines Open RvR sytem (a game that Matt F was on)
    Xbox/NA
    Naturegoat - Stam Warden
    Healgoat- Mag temp
    Staticgoat- Stam Sorc
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.

See? I was right 😂

Oh boy...

Oh boy...

Mate, you can’t Zerg a trial
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, they should just bring the PVP buffs back to work in PVE like it used to. Back then we had trial guilds pvp-ing for emperor buff first before they went into a trial. Would bring both communities a bit closer to each other maybe.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, my only complaint about this event is that I'm having too much fun in Cyrodiil, which is making it extremely difficult to split my time between playing on the EU server and the NA server.

I definitely want to keep my EU playtime to a minimum, and avoid the peak hours, because I don't want to take anyone else's seat at the table, so to say. But I do want to complete at least one scouting mission each day to grab my tickets. The reward boxes are also nice; I've gotten at least one motif page I needed.

The problem is, the event is so much fun that it's hard for me to leave the party.

It's really unfortunate that there's such a divide between the PvE crowd and the PvP crowd, because both aspects of the game are a lot of fun as long as you maintain a positive attitude about them.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed several posts from this thread that provoked unnecessary conflict and created a hostile environment on the forums. While the views and opinions of PVP & PVE players may differ on some subjects we should try to remember that we are all here because we care about ESO. This event is a time that all players can come together to enjoy PVP. For players who typically only play PVE content, the Midyear Mayhem event can serve as an opportunity to see a different part of the game. So take the time to show them the best ESO PVP has to offer.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.

See? I was right 😂

Is it so hard for you to believe that some people just don't enjoy pvp? Do you always have to think that it's because of "wimpyness" or being bad or whatever?

Just like some people don't enjoy shooters, or racing games, or flight simulators, or... heck, even PvE. You clearly don't enjoy PvE, so should we come up with some insults for you, rather than just accept that you don't enjoy that style of play?
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_RyanM wrote: »
    We have removed several posts from this thread that provoked unnecessary conflict and created a hostile environment on the forums. While the views and opinions of PVP & PVE players may differ on some subjects we should try to remember that we are all here because we care about ESO. This event is a time that all players can come together to enjoy PVP. For players who typically only play PVE content, the Midyear Mayhem event can serve as an opportunity to see a different part of the game. So take the time to show them the best ESO PVP has to offer.

So opposing factions that camp quest givers just to grief players trying to participate is the best ESO PvP has to offer?

I get where you're coming from, but as someone who already doesn't enjoy this type of content and was pulled along by a friend to get my toes wet, I can't say "the best" is impressing me here. It was just an anxiety-inducing stealth mission that aggravated me more than enticed me.

I've taken that opportunity. I saw. I guess I wasn't shown things in the best light or something? What should I be seeing, here?
          In verity.
  • Lucious90
    Lucious90
    ✭✭✭
    Eiagra wrote: »
    ZOS_RyanM wrote: »

So opposing factions that camp quest givers just to grief players trying to participate is the best ESO PvP has to offer?

I get where you're coming from, but as someone who already doesn't enjoy this type of content and was pulled along by a friend to get my toes wet, I can't say "the best" is impressing me here. It was just an anxiety-inducing stealth mission that aggravated me more than enticed me.

I've taken that opportunity. I saw. I guess I wasn't shown things in the best light or something? What should I be seeing, here?

Your focusing on 1 negative aspect of PvP. Yes there are gankers out there, its the sad and unfortunate part of questing in a PvP zone. there are also guys who love to gank the gankers. try grouping up? Try posting ganker at X town in zone chat? Maybe questing in the off peak hours if possible?
    Xbox/NA
    Naturegoat - Stam Warden
    Healgoat- Mag temp
    Staticgoat- Stam Sorc
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.

Complains about wasting time, continues to play videogames. :trollface: