The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So Bonus Experience From Midyear Mahem are Only Available for PVP?

Treemagnet
Treemagnet
✭✭✭
Bummer.

PVE sits on the sidelines.......again!
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main PvE but good grief what on earth do you mean again? Every single other event during the year is geared for PVE. PvP has TWO events. Sheesh. Jump in and have some fun. Don't be that kid in the sandbox moaning in a sea of toys about the one toy outside it.
    Edited by Ryath_Waylander on January 23, 2020 5:16AM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treemagnet wrote: »
    Bummer.

PVE sits on the sidelines.......again!

Out of all the events that happen throughout the year TWO are PVP events, every thing else is PVE

PVE Events in the last 12 months
    New Life
    Jesters
    Witches
    Wrothgar event
    Dark Brotherhood and Theives guild event
    Dragonguard event
    Dragonrise event
    Undaunted Event
    There is also the Clockwork event that didnt run in the last 12 months and the Murkmire event

PVP Events in the last 12 months
    Midyear Mayhem (January 2019)
    Midyear Mayhem (July) - CANCELLED
    IC event

So TWO out of TEN events were PVP and youre complaining that PVE sits on the sidelines....again?
    Really?

Edited by Katahdin on January 23, 2020 5:17AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, all these mass amounts of pvp events all year. Utterly ridiculous. ;)
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Treemagnet
    Treemagnet
    ✭✭✭
    I apologize. I was not aware of the limited number of PVP events vs PVE events.

However, I thought the experience point bonus available in all events included PVP.

Am I wrong on this?
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: Read wrong, should not use Internet before coffee.
    Edited by mikikatze on January 23, 2020 12:28PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

However, I thought the experience point bonus available in all events included PVP.

Am I wrong on this?

I believe there have been events in the past where XP bonuses were confined to certain regions.

There are many events in which quest-reward bonuses are confined to certain regions.

And of course AP bonuses events such as the one about to start can only give AP bonuses in regions where AP can be gained at all.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would cancel PvP in general, [snip]
    [edited for non-constructive/baiting comment]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on January 23, 2020 5:29PM
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I truly cant wait until midyear mayham later on today when all the PVE kids come into town
    https://youtu.be/RRte61dVwAo
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    I would cancel PvP in general, with their endless butthurt whining buff that, nerf this, Ciro lags, premade groups, OP that, broken this.
    Plaque of the game.

:#

We get it, you can't pvp.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    I would cancel PvP in general, with their endless butthurt whining buff that, nerf this, Ciro lags, premade groups, OP that, broken this.
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.
    Don't have the urge at all to waste my time on that.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.

See? I was right 😂
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP Event in “Rewards for PvP” shocker!

Actually the real abhorrence here is that players will still get rewards for doing PvE quests.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mZm0fLq.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not into pvp that much but I had fun last year. I even got all the achievements needed for Star-Made Knight title. Try it.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    Plaque of the game.

Yeah, right behind that attitude I suppose.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I wrong on this?

Sadly not. You can go into Cyro and try eat your cake/beer whatever but you just get the message. That item cannot be used.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.

You should try it then, you may even enjoy. If you run a grp of any size, or Zerg surf if you are solo. It really can be a lot of fun.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • AzurasDaddy
    AzurasDaddy
    ✭✭✭

Am I wrong on this?

Momentos can't be used in cyrodiil, so to get the xp buff from pve events, a person has to leave cyrodiil just to use it 🤣
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I wrong on this?

Okay, but like, when else has PVE been stuck on the sidelines? The last PVP-centric event was quite a few PVE-centric events ago. I’m not trying to be snarky, I’m just genuinely confused about the last bit of your initial post.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plaque of the game.

Why would one need to be able PvP? Cyrodiil is largely a wasteland most of the time.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.

See? I was right 😂

"I can not kill other players and I am afraid when the enemies are not predictable. But it is totally fine to be killed by scripted NPCs and bosses! So I hate PvP!"
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.

See? I was right 😂

"I can not kill other players and I am afraid when the enemies are not predictable. But it is totally fine to be killed by scripted NPCs and bosses! So I hate PvP!"

Who said I hate PvP. Are you going through your life all the time with your imaginary constructs of what other thinks for which you have no insights at all.

I said it needs to be canceled as you are all bunch of nerf/buff whiners making this game broken with endless butthurt requests.
    Also, if you are not living in your imaginary constructs, you would see that I said that I never tried it as I have no interest in it.
    If I do, and decide to put time and effort in it, are you so sure that I would not trash you every time I see you, you the best?
    Don't worry tho, I don't intend to.

Edited by RefLiberty on January 23, 2020 10:51AM
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.

See? I was right 😂

Who said I hate PvP. Are you going through your life all the time with your imaginary constructs of what other thinks for which you have no insights at all.

I said it needs to be canceled as you are all bunch of nerf/buff whiners making this game broken with endless butthurt requests.
    Also, if you are not living in your imaginary constructs, you would see that I said that I never tried it as I have no interest in it.
    If I do, and decide to put time and effort in it, are you so sure that I would not trash you every time I see you, you the best?

Blames someone for using "imaginary constructs of what other thinks". Continues to do just that by calling all pvp-ers "bunch of nerf/buff whiners making this game broken with endless butthurt".

Yeah, great way to validate your argument!
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.

See? I was right 😂

Blames someone for using "imaginary constructs of what other thinks". Continues to do just that by calling all pvp-ers "bunch of nerf/buff whiners making this game broken with endless butthurt".

But that is not imaginary or putting words in someone's mouth.
    Just scroll the forum threads.
    Oh boy...
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP just cost ZOS tremendous amount of money with constant balancing.
    That could be used to make this game even more great again. All different improvements.
    Tremendous amounts, whole teams.

Edited by RefLiberty on January 23, 2020 11:04AM
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.

See? I was right 😂

But that is not imaginary or putting words in someone's mouth.
    Just scroll the forum threads.
    Oh boy...

Oh, but it is. Just visit Cyrodiil one time and count the players. Now put that into perspective of how many of them whine on the forums.

Oh boy...
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main PvE but good grief what on earth do you mean again? Every single other event during the year is geared for PVE. PvP has TWO events. Sheesh. Jump in and have some fun. Don't be that kid in the sandbox moaning in a sea of toys about the one toy outside it.
    I was just trying to think what to say then I read this couldn’t put it better myself don’t know if this person is trolling or just acting like a child.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of the ultra useless threads, not based on facts, but just intended to occupy a bored writer.

I'm not a big fan of PVP, don't even run a PVP setup, but farmed tons of motifs and rewards last time.

There are so many PVE quests, 3 towns, plus the abbey, the thief woman, and others. Kill the guy in ruin AB, and the boss in delve XY. Collect some stuff from a bag somewhere.

Midyear Mayhem is more a PVE event taking place in a PVP region.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on January 23, 2020 11:14AM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sits on the sidelines again? How many pve related events that have given xps buff have we had in the last year compared to pvp events?

And lol @RefLiberty being so butthurt, he wants to get rid of a portion of the game and ruin other people's fun.

Wtf is wrong with you ppl? Why do you always want things your way and never consider what somebody else may want or enjoy?

Its selfishness, and many of us pvp folks have be very much against these nerfs and have called for them to stop. Just browse through a few nerf threads and see for yourself.
    Hell, zos even nerfs or changes things that nobody even asked for in the first place.
    Edited by MajBludd on January 23, 2020 11:41AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are always XP scrolls and potions.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!