The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

So Bonus Experience From Midyear Mahem are Only Available for PVP?

• Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hands down and missing from the list is the jubilee event
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55981

The first week of crafting, making it rain motifs
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treemagnet wrote: »
    Bummer.

PVE sits on the sidelines.......again!

Are you trolling? PVE has the most events. There are only two PVP events, one of them is Midyear and the other Imperial City celebration. The rest is all PVE
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer.

Are you trolling? PVE has the most events. There are only two PVP events, one of them is Midyear and the other Imperial City celebration. The rest is all PVE

Maybe they meant that PvErs are going to sit on the sidelines instead of jumping in there and participating in this events?

I'm a PvEr, but I'll be jumping in and participating. You can only kill me a gazillion times, right? I'll keep coming back for more.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    Vietfox wrote: »
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    I would cancel PvP in general, with their endless butthurt whining buff that, nerf this, Ciro lags, premade groups, OP that, broken this.
    Plaque of the game.

:#

We get it, you can't pvp.

I never even tried.
    Don't have the urge at all to waste my time on that.

See? I was right 😂

"I can not kill other players and I am afraid when the enemies are not predictable. But it is totally fine to be killed by scripted NPCs and bosses! So I hate PvP!"

@Cirantille
    Pretty much this, that's why i only consider PvP to be the true endgame.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langdon64 wrote: »
    I would cancel PvP in general, with their endless butthurt whining buff that, nerf this, Ciro lags, premade groups, OP that, broken this.
    Plaque of the game.

Well said. They do seem to be the whiniest group of the player base.

It legit scares me the number of players that seem to think the NPC’s are going to come to the forums to whine n complain about the over powered player base...
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just the beginning. Soon the forums will be full of posts about all what is had about the midyear mayhem.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langdon64 wrote: »
    Plaque of the game.

Well said. They do seem to be the whiniest group of the player base.

It legit scares me the number of players that seem to think the NPC’s are going to come to the forums to whine n complain about the over powered player base...

If Molag Kena, Domihaus, and a coalition of trial bosses came to the forums to complain about how overused and overpowered gear and skills are making it hard for them to kill players, PVE players might not be so shocked every time ZOS nerfs something that impacts PVE.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I think the whole "earn extra XP" thing is unimportant. During the events where you must drink from a cauldron or flagon, eat cake, read a scroll, etc., to earn extra XP for a couple of hours, I always forget to check my character to see if it's time to do that again, so I end up running around and earning normal amounts of XP anyway.

On the other hand, I love when double amounts of mats drop from nodes! :D
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Personally, I think the whole "earn extra XP" thing is unimportant. During the events where you must drink from a cauldron or flagon, eat cake, read a scroll, etc., to earn extra XP for a couple of hours, I always forget to check my character to see if it's time to do that again, so I end up running around and earning normal amounts of XP anyway.

On the other hand, I love when double amounts of mats drop from nodes! :D
    I thought it was double AP not XP. AP can be used to buy stuff as I over 1100 CP I want to be able to buy stuff for XP to :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Geekgirl
    Geekgirl
    ✭✭✭
    I main PvE but good grief what on earth do you mean again? Every single other event during the year is geared for PVE. PvP has TWO events. Sheesh. Jump in and have some fun. Don't be that kid in the sandbox moaning in a sea of toys about the one toy outside it.

This. All of this.
    PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
    Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
    Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
    Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
    Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
    Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I know it's double AP this event.

I was really referring to the OP about how there's no double XP for killing stuff outside of Cyrodiil during this event. :)

EDIT-- Also, it's double AP and XP from killing players in PvP, not "double AP not XP." :)
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on January 23, 2020 1:44PM
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.

See? I was right 😂

"I can not kill other players and I am afraid when the enemies are not predictable. But it is totally fine to be killed by scripted NPCs and bosses! So I hate PvP!"

Who said I hate PvP. Are you going through your life all the time with your imaginary constructs of what other thinks for which you have no insights at all.

I said it needs to be canceled as you are all bunch of nerf/buff whiners making this game broken with endless butthurt requests.
    Also, if you are not living in your imaginary constructs, you would see that I said that I never tried it as I have no interest in it.
    If I do, and decide to put time and effort in it, are you so sure that I would not trash you every time I see you, you the best?
    Don't worry tho, I don't intend to.

Blames someone for using "imaginary constructs of what other thinks". Continues to do just that by calling all pvp-ers "bunch of nerf/buff whiners making this game broken with endless butthurt".

Yeah, great way to validate your argument!

But that is not imaginary or putting words in someone's mouth.
    Just scroll the forum threads.
    Oh boy...

Oh, but it is. Just visit Cyrodiil one time and count the players. Now put that into perspective of how many of them whine on the forums.

Oh boy...

On the other thread about open PvP world, someone said it is empty mostly.
    Also what to see there.
    Nothing. Bunch of dudes comparing imaginary ballsacks.

Ooh, someone else said it's mostly empty, so it must be true! Well, if it was mostly empty there would be a LOT less complaining on the forums now, wouldn't it?

But I see what you are doing here... If someone else says something that fits your narrative it's true, if someone has a different opinion than you, it's not true. How convenient!

Come again with those "imaginary constructs of what others think". I am having quite the laugh here. :D
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.

See? I was right 😂

Who said I hate PvP. Are you going through your life all the time with your imaginary constructs of what other thinks for which you have no insights at all.

I said it needs to be canceled as you are all bunch of nerf/buff whiners making this game broken with endless butthurt requests.
    Also, if you are not living in your imaginary constructs, you would see that I said that I never tried it as I have no interest in it.
    If I do, and decide to put time and effort in it, are you so sure that I would not trash you every time I see you, you the best?

Blames someone for using "imaginary constructs of what other thinks". Continues to do just that by calling all pvp-ers "bunch of nerf/buff whiners making this game broken with endless butthurt".

Oh boy...

Oh, but it is. Just visit Cyrodiil one time and count the players. Now put that into perspective of how many of them whine on the forums.

Oh boy...

On the other thread about open PvP world, someone said it is empty mostly.
    Also what to see there.
    Nothing. Bunch of dudes comparing imaginary ballsacks.

Why are you so bitter? Jeeez just enjoy the game in whatever way you want and not be so toxic. I'll never understand why PvE players are so toxic all the time.

Because the game is *** and it's all our fault! Yet, we seem to be the ones that whine...
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The game is *** because zos hasn't done anything to fix issues that have persisted for years. I surely hope that this year is different.
    We, pvp folks, need to keep track of all the whining the pve crowd does over this one pvp event.
    Edited by MajBludd on January 23, 2020 3:28PM
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    PVE always on the sidelines! Yes.. for sure. PvP get so many DLCs and zones tailored just for them. They have 2 whole events. It’s not fair man. We need more PvE!

Psshhhhh
    Edited by KittyHazWares on January 23, 2020 3:44PM
    Xbox One NA
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer.

Wrong I am a PVE player that goes to Mayhem every time they have it. Thats the only time I PVP.

Try it you will be able to get Rapids, Vigor. and Calrops and other skills that work in PVE unlocked on characters.

Will you die? Yes but its only a game.

Just go to a campaign that is low populated.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer.

Oh, the humanity!

I'm seriously having to pace myself in PvE because I keep running out of enlightenment. There's enough XP out there that you don't need an XP event every two weeks.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need for PvEers to complain about a PvP event, PvPers will manage that without assistance from PvEers.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    So TWO out of TEN events were PVP and youre complaining that PVE sits on the sidelines....again?
    Really?

This ^^
    All said n done.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.

See? I was right 😂

Oh boy...

Oh boy...

100 people on each faction at prime time.
    1k people maybe who play Cyrodiil regularly.
    And yet pvp whines about nerfs louder than PVE and the skills get changed accordingly. Which is why pve resents pvp community. I play both and don’t ever call for nerfs.

Pve is the more populous and therefore more important portion of the game yet they are constantly being nerfed because of pvp balance. To pvers it feels like tyranny of the few. To top it off, pvpers actively discourage and harass people who step foot into pvp for the first time.

This thread isn’t low quality bait, you got the frothing and the foaming without objective reason you were looking for op.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'M not sitting on the sidelines. I've just spent about 4 hours in Cyrodiil on the EU server, and had a blast. I got killed three or four times, but I also just barely escaped a few times. Did about half a dozen or more scouting missions, ran with a zerg or two to take resources and keeps, discovered three or four locations, and grabbed two skyshards. The only reason I left is so I can play for a few hours on the NA server, which is where my better main is.

This is going to be a very fun event! :)
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're attempting to level, it's probably best to stick to BG's. I'm not big on PvP generally, but I don't mind getting in there and mixing it up for a decent incentive. Double AP and double exp are often enough incentive for me to jump into BG's, but probably not enough for me to PvP in Horse Riding Simulator Cyrodil.
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer.

Really?

Edited by Karmanorway on January 23, 2020 8:09PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer.

Lol. Whut?

Sarcasm I guess given this is the event from last summer. And all events are PvE. And who cares about xp really..
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You have got to be kidding, every other event is a pve event and 99 percent of the new content is pve 🧐
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only complaint i have is that the queue for cyro is so long that i can not even get in to get the ap buff for battlegrounds.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Plaque of the game.

I never even tried.

See? I was right 😂

And they say PvP'ers are toxic..
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and yet there are those of us who got to 1000+ cp without any Psijic Ambrosia, XP scrolls, jubilee cakes or Skyreach grind.
    Simply by playing and enjoying the game...
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    .......again!

witch festival - PVE event
    new life festival - PVE event
    Jester's festival - PVE event
    midyear mahem - PVP event

ok?
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • mrhack51
    mrhack51
    I'm new to Cyrodil and Imperial City and pvp. Double xp only for pvp kills? Anything for quests or killing a daedra?