The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can’t login to any of my characters

kelseaux
kelseaux
✭✭✭
Has anyone had any issues w logging into characters recently? I have 13 chars and this morning only 4 were able to be logged into. And all four were actively in PvP areas (Cyrodiil and/or Imperial City). I logged out for food and have tried logging into my characters and as of this moment I can’t login into ANY of them. It stays on “requesting character load...” for about a minute or two then goes to an error screen, either saying timed out or unable to connect to game servers.

I have a valid connection as I’ve been in party chat while trying to get the game working. And haven’t been booted from party chat. And all other online games work fine. I found it odd how this morning only 4 chars were accessible and now none can be logged into. I submitted a ticket this morning early but have yet to hear anything back, not even an automated one. This is going to suck if it’s not fixed by the time the Undaunted event starts up.

So anyone have any tips/solutions to try until I hear back from ZOS? I deleted the save data first thing this morning. That didn’t seem to help. I’ve switched from LAN to WiFi, w no change. I have a guildie that’s had two characters he can’t log into for weeks now while trying to get them fixed but only can log into one of his three characters. He’s currently in our officer chat saying ZOS is saying it’s a PS4 problem but that just sounds like them blaming someone else for an issue they can’t figure out how to fix. I don’t want the same to happen to me.
Edited by kelseaux on January 8, 2020 1:35AM
Not Mr Sivy
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @kelseaux

Deleting your local save data may help allow your characters to log back in successfully.
    1. From the PlayStation Dynamic Menu, navigate to Settings.
    2. Go to Application Saved Data.
    3. Click on Saved Data in System Storage
    4. Select "Delete"
    5. Select The Elder Scrolls Online.
    6. Place ticks next to ESO Save Data.
    7. Select [Delete] and then select [OK] to confirm your decision.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • kelseaux
    kelseaux
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @kelseaux

Deleting your local save data may help allow your characters to log back in successfully.
    1. From the PlayStation Dynamic Menu, navigate to Settings.
    2. Go to Application Saved Data.
    3. Click on Saved Data in System Storage
    4. Select "Delete"
    5. Select The Elder Scrolls Online.
    6. Place ticks next to ESO Save Data.
    7. Select [Delete] and then select [OK] to confirm your decision.

I stated in my post that I had already deleted the save data and it didn’t do anything.
    Not Mr Sivy
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @kelseaux

Thanks for the update and I apologize for missing that in your post. As the troubleshooting you've done so far hasn't helped, I'd recommend opening a ticket with customer support if you haven't done so. Our support team can check into what may be preventing your characters from logging in.
    Staff Post
  • kelseaux
    kelseaux
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @kelseaux

Thanks for the update and I apologize for missing that in your post. As the troubleshooting you've done so far hasn't helped, I'd recommend opening a ticket with customer support if you haven't done so. Our support team can check into what may be preventing your characters from logging in.

I started a ticket right after trying all the things I knew to try so the tickets been open and looked into since Tuesday. I can log into my chars no problem on another internet. The internet I seem to be having issues w though I can play any other games online just fine and as I said can log into any character in PvP areas no issues.

As of this morning, now I can log into any characters on my original internet but I can’t travel w them at all as I get kicked to main screen of ESO. This whole thing is frustrating. I have my a tech coming tomorrow from my ISP just to double check their stuff. I contacted PlayStation and they said it seems like an issue on ESO’s end.

Mostly posted here to see if anyone has had an issue similar while waiting on a fix.
    Not Mr Sivy
  • KoRnQueror
    KoRnQueror
    Soul Shriven
    @kelseaux
    So it's been a while since you created this post, have you found a solution to your problem by any chance? I couldn't find it anywhere on the forums, and the customer support wasn't much of a help either.
    If you found the solution, please post it so people can find it when they run into this problem :).
  • kelseaux
    kelseaux
    ✭✭✭
    @KoRnQueror This problem never was really figured out as to why it was happening. My ISP all looked fine and normal on their end. Everything I was told to do by ZOS in emails didn’t fix it. I’m almost positive it had to do w something on my ISP changing though, as things would work fine on another ISP.

My issues did resolve over time naturally once a patch happened. It was a few weeks though that I couldn’t log in w that particular ISP. Works fine now and has been working fine for a while.
    Not Mr Sivy
  • KoRnQueror
    KoRnQueror
    Soul Shriven
    @kelseaux
    If I'm supposed to wait for a new patch then I probably won't be able to play the game for couple of months, as Stonethorn just came out. Changing ISP or playing on LTE isn't an option either, so I guess the only thing that's left for me is waiting for a miracle :(. Thanks for an answer tho.
  • kelseaux
    kelseaux
    ✭✭✭
    @KoRnQueror I thankfully had another Internet to my disposal. It was annoying when it happened though since it was super random and other games worked fine on the net in question. Just one day I reconnected to the network that wasn’t allowing me to log in and it worked. Wish I could have some reason as to why. Hate you’re having issues and hope they are resolved soon.
    Not Mr Sivy
  • SofaCactus
    SofaCactus
    Soul Shriven
    @kelseaux I had the same issue where although my Internet is fine, runs other games, videos etc. no problem, and did everything you mentioned in your posts: delete save data, reboot router, change from LAN to my phone hotspot, changed to WiFi, restarted ps4, raised a ticket, you name it, I tried it. Eventually (maybe 2-3 weeks later) it started working again with no issue ever having obviously been resolved. That lasted all of 10 days and now I'm back to being stuck at character select as of last night. I don't think I can be bothered to do all the above again so the easy solution is just to delete eso and save yourself the bother.
  • KoRnQueror
    KoRnQueror
    Soul Shriven
    For anyone that encounters this issue:
    You need to either change ISP or setting up VPN. You could also try contacting your current ISP, as the issue seems to come from them, but I don't know if they'll be willing/able to help you. For the VPN I'm using Windscribe, but I think any VPN should work.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is now a few months old we will be closing out the discussion. If you are having any issues with logging in please go ahead and start a new thread in the forum.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.