The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Nerf mount stamina

zDan
zDan
✭✭✭✭
I don't know about any of you but the amount of times people have just ran straight past me on their mount is ridiculous. I'm trying my best spamming LA venom arrow at least 5+ times but there they go! Everyone is so scared of dying in cyrodiil its crazy. Like, am I forced to slot silver leash or anti cavalry caltrops?! No thanks
zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    B)
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like 1 in 2 builds are some sort of troll healer/tank that is purely specced in to not dying , running in a zerg and farming ap
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to stop when I got sniped. But why bother anymore. You'll play the hide and seek game afterwards. It's just a waste of time to fight all these run and hide snipers...
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not. Considering that you now can no longer gallop if your mount is out of stamina this is a terrible idea, I do not want to canter through half a map while I wait for the stam to regen.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea zos deleted transit line gameplay with this change, and they also made it take longer to get to keeps since continuously sprinting doesnt make you go faster anymore.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just when I think that I have seen it all in the nerfland topics.................
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're hitting nerf levels that shouldn't even be possible
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerf la and venom arrow. im trying my best to pass by but they hit me all the time
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    Just when I think that I have seen it all in the nerfland topics.................

How about I word it differently then?
    Buff the damage you do to mounted players so that they get dismounted faster whilst leaving mount stam the same? something along those lines
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

• oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    join battlegrounds there are no mounts at all
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely not. Considering that you now can no longer gallop if your mount is out of stamina this is a terrible idea, I do not want to canter through half a map while I wait for the stam to regen.

We could easily maintain the sprint riding duration, but make it easier to get knocked off...........
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zDan wrote: »
    I don't know about any of you but the amount of times people have just ran straight past me on their mount is ridiculous. I'm trying my best spamming LA venom arrow at least 5+ times but there they go! Everyone is so scared of dying in cyrodiil its crazy. Like, am I forced to slot silver leash or anti cavalry caltrops?! No thanks

Lol you're right, why should you be forced to slot a skill called Anti-Cavalry Caltrops to stop cavalry from running past you? /sarcasm

Kind of a strange complaint. Its not that everyone is scared to die. They might just not want to waste their time 1v1'ing you. Maybe they have a crown yelling at them to get on crown. Maybe they're trying to ride from Alessia to Sej because its flagged and they need to put a camp down for their group.

ITS NOT ALL ABOUT YOU :D

Kidding. Its not though. All about you.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So someone spends 120 days to max speed and stamina and OP wants all that time made moot because he cannot dismount them?

Have you tried the skill designed to drain mount stamina?
  • Bullseyebudx
    Bullseyebudx
    ✭✭✭
    iJuacob wrote: »
    Man you're that kind of person huh

one that actually wants to fight people instead of running away? yeah thats me

Come to the Imperial City my dude.

Cyrodiil is for large group play.

No one wants to fight if it means they’ll have to ride all the way back to their group after they die.
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol go away nerfherder xD
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    iJuacob wrote: »
    Man you're that kind of person huh

one that actually wants to fight people instead of running away? yeah thats me

No one wants to fight if it means they’ll have to ride all the way back to their group after they die.

I can't. My server has such a low pop that only kaal is populated... and even that only gets 2 bar max at prime time and 0 bars through the day
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

• zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Removed Quote]

who said anything about hide and seek with a nightblade? I'm just sitting in between keeps waiting for people to come by to get outnumbered fights
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on December 30, 2019 6:32PM
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Removed Quote]

See, if I'm riding between keeps, I'm usually intending to get to that other keep where I plan on fighting a bunch of players at an objective that will give AP for attacking or defending it.

I'm not looking to stop and fight the lone guy spamming venom arrow as I ride by.

Try not to confuse people who don't want to fight at all with people who just don't care to fight you.
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on December 30, 2019 6:32PM
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Removed Quotes]

See, if I'm riding between keeps, I'm usually intending to get to that other keep where I plan on fighting a bunch of players at an objective that will give AP for attacking or defending it.

I'm not looking to stop and fight the lone guy spamming venom arrow as I ride by.

Try not to confuse people who don't want to fight at all with people who just don't care to fight you.

But that is where you are wrong.

The people I see that ride by me I recognise and so I attack them, even if I were to be near a keep, they would still pull a 180 degree and flee like they are terrified
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on December 30, 2019 6:33PM
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

• TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Removed Quotes]

I understand your mindset and sometimes I am also going somewhere else and dont want to stop to fight with one person. I do still think the mount stamina change is *** because there is now little risk on transit lines, and I can't continuously sprint to go faster on my mount anymore. Before I could go faster than just holding down sprint by spamming sprint at the cost of extreme stamina depletion. So if I wanted to get to a keep more quickly I had to weigh if I should drain my stamina and risk getting knocked off my horse. This was interesting gameplay. Now mount stamina means very little after you have increased it to max.
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on December 30, 2019 6:34PM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bah humbug! Train em, and use rapid maneuver, even if you gotta use a skill/gearswapper mod to do it, you'll be fine, no reason to ask for ANOTHER nerf just cause someone worked harder, or skilled practicly.
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mostly agree since I deal with this way more than the average person, but maybe reducing mount stamina isn't the way to deal with this, since the effects of getting knocked off pretty much mean certain death?

Just apply a snare debuff like overland NPCs do when you get hit on a mount to encourage dismounting and responding.

Also, I find it really hard to understand the underlying message people against this are saying. It contradicts itself. You're in a PvP zone to get PvP points, but you want to ignore PvP?
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rahar wrote: »
    I mostly agree since I deal with this way more than the average person, but maybe reducing mount stamina isn't the way to deal with this, since the effects of getting knocked off pretty much mean certain death?

Just apply a snare debuff like overland NPCs do when you get hit on a mount to encourage dismounting and responding.

Also, I find it really hard to understand the underlying message people against this are saying. It contradicts itself. You're in a PvP zone to get PvP points, but you want to ignore PvP?

That would be a good idea! And thank you, someone on here with some actual brains, all I'm doing is trying to get some outnumbered fights away from the keeps which seem to be the hotspot for lag and game crashes.
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

• Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about NOPE.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭

That would be a good idea! And thank you, someone on here with some actual brains, all I'm doing is trying to get some outnumbered fights away from the keeps which seem to be the hotspot for lag and game crashes.

I typically set myself up in between contested keeps and try to find trouble. I'm not particularly looking for the outnumbered fights, just a fight. The snare wouldn't have to be massive or long lasting in order to give me more of a chance to deal some damage, just 30% or so for 1 second, applied on light attacks or something.

I just don't think that people riding solo to keeps should be able to just ignore solo PvP in a PvP oriented zone, no matter how many days you've clicked a button consecutively.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • Bullseyebudx
    Bullseyebudx
    ✭✭✭

I can't. My server has such a low pop that only kaal is populated... and even that only gets 2 bar max at prime time and 0 bars through the day

Population numbers are typically low, however; the few people you’ll run into are interested in fighting 90% of the time at least, and you get a constant mix of two alliances.

Zero bar can be misleading there’s still usually people running around even on zero bar.

If Cyrodiil is feeling dry jump over to IC, cue for Cyrodiil if it’s long, and take a few laps see if you find anything.

Edited by Bullseyebudx on December 30, 2019 6:29PM
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think of all the fun trolls could have with this inducing the in combat/can't mount bug knocking people off their mounts and then just disappearing and hiding until the next rider by. Umm yeah, no.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings!

We removed several comments that were baiting or non-constructive.

Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.

Please keep the conversation constructive and relevant to the forum topic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I typically set myself up in between contested keeps and try to find trouble. I'm not particularly looking for the outnumbered fights, just a fight. The snare wouldn't have to be massive or long lasting in order to give me more of a chance to deal some damage, just 30% or so for 1 second, applied on light attacks or something.

I just don't think that people riding solo to keeps should be able to just ignore solo PvP in a PvP oriented zone, no matter how many days you've clicked a button consecutively.

So...you set up between contested keeps, knowing that people are going back and forth intending to PVP at those objectives, and yet earlier you say the people who don't engage you are ignoring PVP?

I think your later statement here is more accurate: they are avoiding solo PVP, and I'd suggest that's in large part because the PVP fights they will get at their objective is a whole lot more rewarding, especially in terms of AP, than dealing with a random ganker in the middle of a field.

That being said, I'm not a huge fan of the mount stamina changes from a gameplay perspective. I think its clear they were implemented more for performance reasons and ZOS didn't really take mounted combat into account as much as they should have. I'd be fine to going back to what we had before the change. On the other hand, I've been blasting past gankers on the way to fights at PVP objectives since long before the mount stamina change, so the reasoning of "solo players shouldn't be able to ignore solo PVP" falls flat for me.
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭

So...you set up between contested keeps, knowing that people are going back and forth intending to PVP at those objectives, and yet earlier you say the people who don't engage you are ignoring PVP?

I think your later statement here is more accurate: they are avoiding solo PVP, and I'd suggest that's in large part because the PVP fights they will get at their objective is a whole lot more rewarding, especially in terms of AP, than dealing with a random ganker in the middle of a field.

That being said, I'm not a huge fan of the mount stamina changes from a gameplay perspective. I think its clear they were implemented more for performance reasons and ZOS didn't really take mounted combat into account as much as they should have. I'd be fine to going back to what we had before the change. On the other hand, I've been blasting past gankers on the way to fights at PVP objectives since long before the mount stamina change, so the reasoning of "solo players shouldn't be able to ignore solo PVP" falls flat for me.

I dont understand why you keep bringing up 'ganker'

If it was a ganker doing this, they guy would be dead by the time he could run by on his mount.

This is simply just a solo player wanting a small scale fight away from any lag or zergs.
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA