The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate a Year of Adventure with the Dawn of the Dragonguard Event

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
62d22eb9d6813676a63c96e571c198f2.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Celebrate a Year of Adventure with the Dawn of the Dragonguard Event!" blog article.

Celebrate the Season of the Dragon year-long adventure during the Dawn of the Dragonguard event and unlock bonus rewards including double drops, Event Tickets, and more!
Staff Post
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    will we be seeing any black Friday deals this year?
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • Prodigy_UA
    Prodigy_UA
    ✭✭
    Should you take part in this event, you can earn double drops for the following activities:

* Defeating a zone Dragon in either Southern or Northern Elsweyr
    * Defeating a boss in Wrathstone dungeons, Scalebreaker dungeons, or the Sunspire trial
    * Harvesting resource nodes in Northern and Southern Elsweyr

Is crafting page (Meridian/Coldsnap/Sunspire/etc) double drop too?
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it Sai Sahan's new outfit or the old one? @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on November 22, 2019 3:32PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wise_Will wrote: »

That has already been answered and yes, just not announced yet. Black Fredas is still a week away. :)
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wise_Will wrote: »

That has already been answered and yes, just not announced yet. Black Fredas is still a week away. :)

oh is it? i thought it was today, as on xbox etc all their black friday deals are already up
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prodigy_UA wrote: »
    Should you take part in this event, you can earn double drops for the following activities:

* Defeating a zone Dragon in either Southern or Northern Elsweyr
    * Defeating a boss in Wrathstone dungeons, Scalebreaker dungeons, or the Sunspire trial
    * Harvesting resource nodes in Northern and Southern Elsweyr

Is crafting page (Meridian/Coldsnap/Sunspire/etc) double drop too?

It should be double drops on everything, including Motifs.
    Is it Sai Sahan's new outfit or the old one? @ZOS_SarahHecker

It's the old one that was previously available during the anniversary event.
    Staff Post
  • Jack_TheImpaler
    Jack_TheImpaler
    ✭✭✭
    Boo I was hoping for that new shoulder!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defeat a zone Dragon in Northern Elsweyr or the last Dragon boss in Sunspire trial
    Defeat a zone Dragon in Southern Elsweyr or complete any dungeon from either the Wrathstone or Scalebreaker DLCs

So 1 event ticket for killing dragon in Northern Elsweyr and 2nd event ticket for killing dragon in Southern Elsweyr. If I understand correctly, there is no need to do Trials or dungeons... I guess that is good, otherwise group finder would die.

2 event tickets per day. 14 days of event so it seems we can get up to 28 tickets in total.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defeat a zone Dragon in Northern Elsweyr or the last Dragon boss in Sunspire trial
    Defeat a zone Dragon in Southern Elsweyr or complete any dungeon from either the Wrathstone or Scalebreaker DLCs

So 1 event ticket for killing dragon in Northern Elsweyr and 2nd event ticket for killing dragon in Southern Elsweyr. If I understand correctly, there is no need to do Trials or dungeons... I guess that is good, otherwise group finder would die.

2 event tickets per day. 14 days of event so it seems we can get up to 28 tickets in total.

I plan to park on character in a Northern Elsweyr dragon scour and another in Southern Elsweyr.

At least this time we don't have to worry about event tickets dropping from random mobs.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for clarification @ZOS_SarahHecker !
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    let's hope this one will be successful.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting this more than 1-2 days in advance. Really appreciate a little time to plan.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inb4 people can't even load into the event zones at all
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the daily reset for event tickets from dragons still the same as the pledge and daily crafting reset time, 1am EST each day?
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there going to be a catchup mechanic for those who missed the 3 tickets from Undaunted Event?
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »
    Is there going to be a catchup mechanic for those who missed the 3 tickets from Undaunted Event?

The event will return before New Life Festival if they fix the group tool by then.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

What is the backup plan incase of EU server again experiences the MeltDown like in the previous events?
    Duct tape and bandages will probably not be enough this time with most people trying to land one light attack on the dragons which as a result of too many people congregating at one place casting too many skills.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    Thank you for posting this more than 1-2 days in advance. Really appreciate a little time to plan.
    @Tevalaur
    I totally agree that it's nice to have a reminder about the event coming up next, but ZoS was actually pretty good about (eventually) announcing all of the events for the entire quarter already, on the slaydragonssavecats web page. (Scroll down a bit).

FYI, the next original planned event after the Dragonguard event (November 26 to December 9) is the New Life Festival (double xp event), from December 19 to January 2. There is a chance that we might see a mulligan do-over of the Undaunted event in between, most likely Friday, December 13, until Monday, December 16, if the newly patched groupfinder doesn't crash the servers again.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on November 22, 2019 6:48PM
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is so freaking laggy during dragon runs right now, so many people killing the dragon soon after it lands, dying from attacks you don't even see hitting you. Times that by 20 and there's your dragon hunt event...what freaking joke.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag is greatly reduced by running light on graphics and little to no addons...
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Compilation of info on the event here, please add or correct
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6477846#Comment_6477846
    Edited by marius_buys on November 25, 2019 11:29PM
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    @Tevalaur
    I totally agree that it's nice to have a reminder about the event coming up next, but ZoS was actually pretty good about (eventually) announcing all of the events for the entire quarter already, on the slaydragonssavecats web page. (Scroll down a bit).

FYI, the next original planned event after the Dragonguard event (November 26 to December 9) is the New Life Festival (double xp event), from December 19 to January 2. There is a chance that we might see a mulligan do-over of the Undaunted event in between, most likely Friday, December 13, until Monday, December 16, if the newly patched groupfinder doesn't crash the servers again.

@Pyr0xyrecuprotite Yes, the dates were known in advance. And all there is to know about New Life is basically known as it's not a NEW event. But this article gives time to plan what I might want to do for the Dragonguard event as it explains what you get where/how, etc. That's not the same as a oversimplified (and yet somehow often needing correction) one sentence explanation and dates for the calendar that we officially had before.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dc'ed within the first min of the event,while fighting a dragon at S Elsweyr :|
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I attacked a dragon in SE and was logged out 10 seconds later. Logged in back, no dragon, no dragon body, quest task updated. Tried killing a dragon second time, was logged out again and returned to no dragon, no dragon body, quest task updated. Third try - successful finally! I managed to remain logged in and loot the dragon. Except... no ticket.

Well, 'thank you' for giving tickets as loot and not as a quest reward. Such a 'fun' event.

PC NA
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    So, I attacked a dragon in SE and was logged out 10 seconds later. Logged in back, no dragon, no dragon body, quest task updated. Tried killing a dragon second time, was logged out again and returned to no dragon, no dragon body, quest task updated. Third try - successful finally! I managed to remain logged in and loot the dragon. Except... no ticket.

Well, 'thank you' for giving tickets as loot and not as a quest reward. Such a 'fun' event.

PC NA

Hey Olauron, were you completely removed from the game or to the character select screen? Was there an error message?
    Staff Post
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PC NA

Hey Olauron, were you completely removed from the game or to the character select screen? Was there an error message?
    There was no error message. I was completely removed from the game to the login - password screen. I logged in back successfully each time, so the problem is not the server overload, more likely area overload (when I logged in, there were almost no players).

I got ticket in NE without problems (actually, in my experience the most dangerous in 'log out' sense dragons are black dragons in SE).

Edit: thank you for the reply, by the way :)
    Edited by Olauron on November 26, 2019 3:42PM
    one mer to find them,
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PC NA

Called it
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scalebreaker bosses give just standard rewards, not double. Unsure about Wrathstone.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crashed once without any error message. Just got kicked to Login screen while trying to port out of a Delve to someone else. PC EU btw.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    Scalebreaker bosses give just standard rewards, not double. Unsure about Wrathstone.
    A guildmate reports that the final boss of Moongrave Fane does give double reward (two monster masks, etc).
    one mer to find them,