The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

R.I.P. PC EU

• Arjuska
    Arjuska
    ✭✭
    Managed to log in after a huge loading screen, tried to get to Cyrodiil, and now I'm stuck in black screen... :neutral:
    Glorfindeel
    Uivelo
    Revontuli
    Sininen Uni
    & many many alts

Cyrodiil's FIST - Keepers of Cyrodiil †

EU PC - Multifaction †
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    lets repeat here too as admin points this discussion:
    prepare for atlest 'till next maintenance, if they didn't even reduced servers as it is summer
    and with no communication and clear statement every idea may be right
  • Intha1313
    Intha1313
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah sorry to hijack EU folks but we're being redirected here for some reason ....... logic - it is at play!
  • LatinoShaman59
    LatinoShaman59
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine you're a potential investor, and you learn that there is a 115 PAGE THREAD where people repetitively complain about recurrent issues that damage the gameplay...
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine you're a potential investor, and you learn that there is a 115 PAGE THREAD where people repetitively complain about recurrent issues that damage the gameplay...

jokes on us: zos investors did 115 pages discussion about issues with the product
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    Again? After being dumped out this morning had an infinite loading screen just now and timed out trying to log back in. How is a game this well established this ****ed up?

Ironically, it's because of the still growing population, not least on the most populated server of all - PC EU. It can't handle the increasing load.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm glad I decided to rediscover Skyrim again 😊
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Gorreck
    Gorreck
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Larcomar wrote: »
    Again? After being dumped out this morning had an infinite loading screen just now and timed out trying to log back in. How is a game this well established this ****ed up?

Ironically, it's because of the still growing population, not least on the most populated server of all - PC EU. It can't handle the increasing load.

Indeed, and its just pure coincedence that the EU server has been otherwise acting up for at least the last 4 years now!
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

We have removed a few posts for Bashing. Please remember that Bashing and Slanderous Comments are against the Forum Rules, which can be found in full here if there are any questions.
    Staff Post
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are the EU servers actually located in Europe? How good is the high speed internet infrastructure there?
    Edited by volkeswagon on July 30, 2020 12:31AM
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are the EU servers actually located in Europe? How good is the high speed internet infrastructure there?

I don't know where they are (Germany, I think?) but I play from the UK and get between 60-80ms. I guess I'm lucky.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the current megaserver structure can handle an ever-growing population. It might be time to consider splitting them up.

I propose a 4-server setup; US East, US West, EU East and EU West. Spread the load before it becomes completely untenable and collapses.

Main:

Alts:

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the current megaserver structure can handle an ever-growing population. It might be time to consider splitting them up.

I propose a 4-server setup; US East, US West, EU East and EU West. Spread the load before it becomes completely untenable and collapses.

Interesting idea but I don’t believe population is the issue. ESO has been so poorly maintained... most likely it is impossible to get it back to the smoothness of gameplay that we used to experience back in Homestead/prior patches.
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Interesting idea but I don’t believe population is the issue. ESO has been so poorly maintained... most likely it is impossible to get it back to the smoothness of gameplay that we used to experience back in Homestead/prior patches.

Ahh, those were the days.

Main:

Alts:

• Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

4 servers the existing 2, plus Russian, Japanese, maybe..
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_KageW wrote: »
    Greetings,

We have removed a few posts for Bashing. Please remember that Bashing and Slanderous Comments are against the Forum Rules, which can be found in full here if there are any questions.

Rather than playing the executioner all the time, couldn't you play communication for once?

Nah, because, that's what a forum is for and it's not only players who have to talk to each other and get wind all the time !!!

After a while we're fed up with people only seeing us for our wallet !!!

Would you be able to show some humanity from time to time ????

Instead of just thinking about deleting posts all the time!
    Edited by Khatou on July 30, 2020 1:03PM
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Perhaps instead of spending time censoring posts, you might pass the frustration and anger of your paying customers on to ZOS?
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't know where they are (Germany, I think?) but I play from the UK and get between 60-80ms. I guess I'm lucky.

It's just a joke that 60-80ms is considered good in this game. In literally any other competitor (WoW, FFXIV, SWTOR, GW2) you'll get 25-50ms, and 60+ would be considered a problem. ESO's servers are absolutely awful, and ZOS refuse to do anything about it.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got kicked in my own house, message I got immediately at the login screen without clicking anywhere:
    Error 304: Account already logged in.

Then I tried to log in:
    Error 307: Booted from server.

Edit: Now it keeps giving error 307...
    Edited by caperb on July 30, 2020 5:34PM
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be thrown out of your own house..
    Thats among greatest fears of us all.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is getting ridicolous. We can"t play even we pay every month eso plus
  • Aendruu
    Aendruu
    ✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »

4 servers the existing 2, plus Russian, Japanese, maybe..
    While we're indulging in pure fantasy, how about a server in the southern hemisphere for Southern Africa, Australasia and South America, too?
    "So, drinking is a sacrament to Y'ffre... because it's his way of reminding us not to take things too seriously... You know how the other Elves are. Altmer have their crystal towers, and that's how they want to be — cold and perfect. And Dunmer are just like their Red Mountain — smouldering and dark. We just want to have a drink and not worry about it."
    - Regring the Spinner
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »
    To be thrown out of your own house..
    Thats among greatest fears of us all.

A man's home is his castle...

Except on PC EU ;)
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khatou wrote: »
    Greetings,

Rather than playing the executioner all the time, couldn't you play communication for once?

Nah, because, that's what a forum is for and it's not only players who have to talk to each other and get wind all the time !!!

You seem not to understand the difference between Developers, Community Managers, and Forum Moderators. By all means call for better communication from the first two, I'd agree with you, but don't call for it from the third - it really isn't their job.
  • Gorreck
    Gorreck
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Khatou wrote: »
    Greetings,

You seem not to understand the difference between Developers, Community Managers, and Forum Moderators. By all means call for better communication from the first two, I'd agree with you, but don't call for it from the third - it really isn't their job.

To be honest I don't think it really matters anymore who someone calls for it from, at this point it is pretty clear it simply will never (ever) happen. YMMV.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TP to a house takes longer than tp to Craglorn with 30 players around.

around 3-4 min loading screen every single time and ping skyrockets.

All these in our GUILD HOUSE.
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Constant 999+ping in some instances like public dungeons, story instances etc
    Completely unplayable
    Edited by Rydik on July 30, 2020 6:57PM
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    if steam shows 27 000 + in-game, game feels laggy for me, not ping, just animations
  • gamergirldk
    gamergirldk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah i ran to the US server and now have a better gameplay even with a higer ping.. No cryo, I will not touch that dumsterfire on any server
  • Isaura
    Isaura
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not playing actively anymore because of the performances, just trying these days to play 10 minutes to get the 3 tickets and log out and even that, I can't do. I'm tired, really tired of this. Every-single-day I get kicked from the server as soon as too many people start gathering around. I just got kicked doing a geyser, yesterday and the day before it was while doing a WB. Normally I hurry back in to try and not miss the kill but today I can't, "account already logged in". So well, that's the second time this week I won't have the tickets, the first one being the 11 hours maintenance. It wasn't like that before greymoor, and since then it's getting worse and worse and worse.
This discussion has been closed.