Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Support tickets: Your experience

Skarbrand666
Skarbrand666
✭✭✭
I just wanted to know the average wait time for support tickets/how long it took for yours to be answered.

Currently i'm on 11 days waiting with no response.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are usually pretty quick if you do it right. They have support tickets, and then they have this thing that looks like a support ticket that is in no way shape or form a support ticket. Do your ticket through the website, not the game.
  • Skarbrand666
    Skarbrand666
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it's through the website. last few times they've been solved in a day
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda depends on what it is. I've had tickets resolved in under 24 hours, and had others that went for five or six days.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've had two, and they were both resolved in less than a day.
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how busy they are and on the Problem.

Had a "bigger" Problem once and it took just a few Hours(around 6) to get through to an Employee. They then answered me every 30 Minutes until the Problem was solved.

Usually they take around a Day to reply with the Auto-Response and then another One for an Employee to answer. Then it takes a few Hours, maybe Days.
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    think the worst for over all time was a couple weeks to complete a ticket. but that was a very low priority question of mine.

Now the one that I needed ASAP, about 6 hours for a response which was actually great considering that was launch week. But my problem then was i fell through the world in an infinite loop under cyrodill. aaaand back then any and all teleportation or /stuck was disabled to prevent cheesing in PVP.

Eventually i managed to angle my character to break his neck on some forgotten assets with collision some four hours into watching and waiting for help.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My experience is a bit mixed

Ranting enraged “this game has just kicked me to desktop” issues are not addressed (however valid) but are probably not actually “support” issues. I would hope they get passed on into the cesspit that is player feedback.

The moment when I, like an idiot, purchased the wrong feather was resolved quickly, in an acceptable timescale.

In cases where I have dealt with a human, they have invariably been polite and, on occasion, humourous in a Tamriellic fashion.

I would appreciate a faster way to get to a real person, the first automated response leaves a very negative impression
  • Skarbrand666
    Skarbrand666
    ✭✭✭
    haven't got an automated response yet. i think thats bad
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    haven't got an automated response yet. i think thats bad

try logging into the support section of this website again. see if there is even a record of your ticket
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Longest ticket chain I had was the whole preorder codes not included in the physical CE for Summerset. I couldn't produce a receipt, so the entire process took a little longer than expected.
  • Skarbrand666
    Skarbrand666
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it's there, just "waiting for agent"
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the issue?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty quick if your problem is "standard" and recognized, and if you don't need more than one person doing one action.
    If you need back-and-forth you're most likely to be out of luck since it's never the same person who takes care of your ticket, and they never read/understand the history. So that can turn into a neverending loop.

But again if you need something "simple" it works quite well.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's important to know what the issue is before rushing to judgement on any lack of reply. As already indicated above, some players use the ticket system to report bugs or other feedback, and in addition to explaining why they don't get a reply it also slows down the system for everyone else.

Also, whenever these discussions come up it seems that a lot of people complaining about the length of time taken have failed to reply to the automated response and so, as per that response, it is assumed that their issue is resolved.

Finally, again based on other threads, if people apply the same tone to the wording of their ticket that they apply to their forum post complaining about it then it's not surprising if their ticket gets ignored or put to the back of the queue. A little politeness goes a long way!
  • Nando70
    Nando70
    ✭✭✭
    I usually find they answer quite fast, at least the first time you write a ticket, which is them asking you to explain the issue that you already reported first time, in my opinion it would be way faster if they did learn how to read the ticked sent, that way people wouldn't have to repeat them selves twice.

second ticket usually takes 2-3 days, if more than 2 days have passed I usually write them and ask wth is taking so long. which they usually respond within 24h if anything needs to be done on my part.
    and finally yet an other 24h later the issue is mostly resolved.
    So yeah around 2 days up to a week I'd say
    I AM A GAMER
    Not because I don't have a life
    But because I chose to have many!
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Early on there were a couple of bugged achievements that were fixed, but required a GM to change in-game. I submitted a ticket and was contacted almost immediately. I don't think there are any in-game GMs anymore, though.

More recently, I bought the wrong feather at the Impresario. Submitted a ticket, replied to the automated email, was told to destroy the feather so they could refund my tickets, did so, and the whole thing was sorted in about 2 days.

I'm pretty happy with support, to be honest, maybe if I couldn't use be account it would be different, but for the issues I've had, the response time was more than adequate.
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    It's important to know what the issue is before rushing to judgement on any lack of reply. As already indicated above, some players use the ticket system to report bugs or other feedback, and in addition to explaining why they don't get a reply it also slows down the system for everyone else.

Also, whenever these discussions come up it seems that a lot of people complaining about the length of time taken have failed to reply to the automated response and so, as per that response, it is assumed that their issue is resolved.

Finally, again based on other threads, if people apply the same tone to the wording of their ticket that they apply to their forum post complaining about it then it's not surprising if their ticket gets ignored or put to the back of the queue. A little politeness goes a long way!

Yup, I always try to be as nice as possible. Wishing a nice Day, saying thank you loads of times etc.
    At the end of the day it's not the Customer Supports Fault, when I accidently buy something whatsoever, so I shouldn't leave my frustration out on them. :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For in-game reports, I like using "Ask for Help" instead of the other options.

Using "Ask for Help" gets me an email, usually within a day. This email response is usually...not helpful at all. It reads like a computer did a keyword search and sent back whatever help article best matched the issue.

So I reply, saying "Thanks, but that wasnt helpful." I restate my issue in detail, including anything I didnt have room for in the original message.

This reply almost always gets me a human response. Yay! At this point, Support may have extra stuff for me to double check, or might have to forward me to some other team, but from this point forward I can usually get a fix or an admission that Support doesnt know either.

I've been pretty pleased with the assistance I've gotten from Support using this method for in-game Help.
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    If it is a character issue like being stuck, won’t load, skill line etc. it is very quick. Complaints never ending loop of we don’t care. Monetary never ending loops of TOS.
  • Nando70
    Nando70
    ✭✭✭
    I use the website to write my tickets, because the ingame options seems to be out of work. and mark my word seems, didn't say it is.
    I AM A GAMER
    Not because I don't have a life
    But because I chose to have many!
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends entirely on the issue being addressed.

Simple bug reports or refunds can be handled very quickly. Other things, like requesting to purchase items not listed in the Crown store, can take up to a week, because they're transferred to a smaller, more specialized team.

Frequently updating your ticket can cause it to lose its place in the queue. I made that mistake several months ago, I kept updating the ticket which caused it to take well over a week to get a reply; I reached out and found out my updates were the reason.

You can always request a ticket response by text (if you're in the USA); that's always fastest, and nice to talk actively to another human being.

My experiences with support tickets has always been positive; I hope the same will be true for you!
    Edited by chuck-18_ESO on October 20, 2019 1:38PM
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    @Skarbrand666 Sorry to hear about the wait, that's rather unusual. If you have your ticket number, we can check the status for you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanted to know the average wait time for support tickets/how long it took for yours to be answered.

Currently i'm on 11 days waiting with no response.

Depending on what reply you got, you did notice if they don't get a response from you, replying to that ticket, in 4 days, they close it? If you are currently in discussion with a cs rep, that's different.

Longest its taken for me is 4 days total; ticket, auto-response from cs, reply from me, and acknowledgement from cs. Total resolution time was 6 days. Mykael was swamped because of the event.
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    I usually choose the text message option. For the most part it’s been okay. I usually get a response within minutes if I do it around the afternoon or during the day.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 days the standard for me
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The times I contact them they were awesome.
    Note that when you receive the first automated response you have to answer back and then a real person tries to help you.
    Edited by Loves_guars on October 20, 2019 3:41PM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My experience with ZO$ support tickets has been mixed.

Whenever I have submitted a ticket that involves me spending money, they are super friendly, fast, I mean SPEEDY in their response time and have always found a way to fit my needs.

Whenever I have submitted a ticket with an issue its been automated responses and my issues have never been addressed.

So, it would appear to me that if you want to give them money, you will get a response. If you have an issue with the money you spent or an issue in game, it will be automated and you will have to try and try again and even then may not get an answer or help.

I have dealt with companies like this before and from my experience those that operate in this way do not have your best interests at heart.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tickets ? Yes.

Support ? None.

I've had a few issues over the years. Most were resolved either by myself through some tech-savvy, or with the help of @ZOS_BillE , once, though their contribution was modest it did exist nonetheless and helped me figure things out.

The one exception was for an issue that shouldn't even have existed in the first place. Remember when there was a big event that rewarded players collectively with the Psijiic Villa ? Yeah, well, it didn't reward me even though I did qualify. I had to contact support, who manually added the villa to to my account. That was the only time support was actually useful.

EDIT : My wife just pointed that, once, there was a misscounting of my crowns and I was due some, so when contacted, they did add the missing crowns. I stand corrected, there were TWO times the support was useful.
    Edited by Uryel on October 20, 2019 4:34PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually get a response within 24 hours and I do mine through the game. Never even tried do one through the webpage. Been working out fine so far and gotten help and answers to my problems.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On PS4 when log problem in game, you get an email to your linked address, and that is usually some automated reply.

If need to escalate, always found that if reply to that email with bit more detail then they generally respond helpfully & quickly. At least have found that when I needed support.