Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Can't get tomb rubbing

TheImperfect
TheImperfect
✭✭✭✭✭
I am collecting the ancestral tomb rubbings in VVardenfell. I can't get the Othrelas ancestral tomb rubbing.

Nothing happens at the tomb, it is not active.

I don't know if I accidentally deleted the item a while ago not realising its importance or if it is a bug why I can't get the rubbing.

I really need it to proceed and complete the collection. Please help!
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh by the way it is on my character called Calanwe cooltouch

@mrsrobot
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @mrsrobot

Some players having the same issue needed to weapon swap before they were able to interact with Othrelas Ancestral Tomb. You can find some other suggestions to trigger the interaction in the thread below.

Ancestral tomb rubbings
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished this achievement. The first rubbing had already been giving to the library by me and I forgot after leaving the game a while which was why I couldn't get the rubbing. Collected the rest and returned them and finished it.
    Edited by TheImperfect on July 28, 2019 2:18PM
  • Steezzy
    Steezzy
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE
    im currently having an issue with othrelas rubbing. pretty sure the quest is bugged. as it was one of the first rubbings i took and now it says i havent done it.
    i logged onto a different character and collected it again. tried to deposit it into the bank to transfer to my main but its a restricted item that cant be deposited i guess. can you just enable that feature so we can bypass the bug?

also, went to the librarian on the alt character and after initiating the quest it shows the progress of my main toon instead.. delivered othrelas and it says its still missing....

plz fix this problem. it looks like it's been going on for years
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since this discussion is over a year old the thread is being closed. For this issue we recommend submitting a bug report to customer support so they can investigate this quest issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.