The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So I can't do BGs anymore after 50?

• Milisa224
    Milisa224
    ✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    Skill based PVP become boring really fast.
    Tell that to the League of Legends fanbase that would throw their money at the ESports prize pool. Same goes to other Blizzard games and CSGO.
    But a good PVP player can kill you with basic gear on if they played long enough.
    This is false. Very false.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milisa224 wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Crafty Alfiq is good for damage (and sustain to a lesser extent), but Wizard’s Riposte does not provide true crit defense. It applies Minor Maim to the enemy (reducing their damage done by a mere 15%) for 5 seconds when they deal direct critical damage. The set was nerfed a while back and is hardly used anymore. A set that actually provides reliable defense from critical damage is Impregnable. Transmutation is good too, with some decent sustain to boot. Either of those would be a better choice over Wizard’s Ripost, especially for someone who is new to BGs and still learning — and yes, that applies to you. Also, practically everyone in vet BGs (except new players) is wearing a monster set. If you aren’t wearing one, you’re going to be at a disadvantage. List of monster sets here, so you can see their value: https://eso-sets.com/sets/type/monster-set

PVP in ESO is not “literally just spamming stuns and stealthing.” Not even in the slightest. For one thing, you can’t “spam stuns,” as there is this little thing called stun immunity. Also, anyone who just “spams stuns” and expects to get a kill will find themselves at the bottom of the BG scoreboard very quickly. Crowd control is used in conjunction with a burst rotation and finisher (the latter only if the enemy is in execute range) to deal significant damage to a player before he or she can break free — all while keeping shields up, self buffs up, HoTs up, and dodging/blocking/line of sighting/etc. to avoid not only the attacks of the person they’re fighting, but that person’s teammates as well. It’s challenging when you’re new, and not something you can expect to be good at right away. You need to practice and learn from your mistakes and, yeah, maybe not play a class that is bugged right out the gate.

To address something you said earlier, I’m not saying you have NO CHANCE, just that you need more practice and experience. You’re not going to be excellent at PVP in this game in a few days. All of us who have tried to help you in this thread died A LOT when we first started playing. But rather than giving up and loudly proclaiming that PVP sucks in this game, we stuck with it and got better.
    Ok so EVERYONE in Vet BGs is using the Monster Set? Like not one person is using the basic sets at all? Ok. But like I said someone like you will go "Oh nope, you're doing it all wrong. You have the wrong gear set, here let me show you a list of gear which you'll need to grind". Lol, no thanks, I'll rather stick to games that require skills than gear.

PvP in ESO needs to learn from their betters such as WoW and Guild Wars 2 or even The Old Republic. Make an ability for all classes or something like Purge from the Support skill line but make it so it can be used passively or active while being crowd controlled and this also makes the player immune to stuns for atleast 10 seconds, not just 5 seconds by default left and right click. I've seen Sorcerers spam Destructive Reach and they got to the top of the scoreboard pretty quick.

I've hard experiences with many MMOs and ESO is the only game which I see had lost potential in being the better at PvP endgame in comparison to WoW. I think I already stated I tried this game since beta but quit for a couple of years, made a Nightblade and got 1 shot by everyone. So I went on ahead and learned the mechanics such as gear, etc but still nothing. This pile of trash doesn't take a generation to learn, only takes a tutorial which is missing but nonetheless in the end regardless of all the gear, people still do get 1 shotted at.

You only got better by grinding gear and non class skill lines that shouldn't have collaborated with PvP. But if you get into a fair fight in games like WoW or Guild Wars 2, you wouldn't last a single match. Hell I'll even throw in Apex Legends and Overwatch since in those games, when you shoot someone, they take damage, they shoot you, you take damage. That is how a fair fight should be, not because you have the better gear.

Uh, so much this to be honest. Isn't PVE traditionally the gear-treadmill where skill doesn't necessarily matter, only memorising rotations and tactics etc? While PVP is more about mind-playing your oppononent, relying on skill rather than a gear advantage...

Mate you think now its all about gear. And yes it is very important and that is what makes it fun in the long run. Skill based PVP become boring really fast. Add in theory crafting and if you like that it keep exciting and you can try out so many things and even come to setups you think should not work but they really do.

But a good PVP player can kill you with basic gear on if they played long enough. You can have the best gear but not skilled enough and you get trashed by a good PVP player with basic gear on. Keep playing, change tactics as you cannot engage blindly you need to pick you timing right and you will get there if you really want to.

Not even worth it, man. It’s very obvious now that this person can’t be reasoned with, and is being hostile for the sake of being hostile, simply because they don’t want to acknowledge that they are a novice and need to improve on both their skill and their build.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafty Alfiq is good for damage (and sustain to a lesser extent), but Wizard’s Riposte does not provide true crit defense. It applies Minor Maim to the enemy (reducing their damage done by a mere 15%) for 5 seconds when they deal direct critical damage. The set was nerfed a while back and is hardly used anymore. A set that actually provides reliable defense from critical damage is Impregnable. Transmutation is good too, with some decent sustain to boot. Either of those would be a better choice over Wizard’s Ripost, especially for someone who is new to BGs and still learning — and yes, that applies to you. Also, practically everyone in vet BGs (except new players) is wearing a monster set. If you aren’t wearing one, you’re going to be at a disadvantage. List of monster sets here, so you can see their value: https://eso-sets.com/sets/type/monster-set

PVP in ESO is not “literally just spamming stuns and stealthing.” Not even in the slightest. For one thing, you can’t “spam stuns,” as there is this little thing called stun immunity. Also, anyone who just “spams stuns” and expects to get a kill will find themselves at the bottom of the BG scoreboard very quickly. Crowd control is used in conjunction with a burst rotation and finisher (the latter only if the enemy is in execute range) to deal significant damage to a player before he or she can break free — all while keeping shields up, self buffs up, HoTs up, and dodging/blocking/line of sighting/etc. to avoid not only the attacks of the person they’re fighting, but that person’s teammates as well. It’s challenging when you’re new, and not something you can expect to be good at right away. You need to practice and learn from your mistakes and, yeah, maybe not play a class that is bugged right out the gate.

To address something you said earlier, I’m not saying you have NO CHANCE, just that you need more practice and experience. You’re not going to be excellent at PVP in this game in a few days. All of us who have tried to help you in this thread died A LOT when we first started playing. But rather than giving up and loudly proclaiming that PVP sucks in this game, we stuck with it and got better.
    Ok so EVERYONE in Vet BGs is using the Monster Set? Like not one person is using the basic sets at all? Ok. But like I said someone like you will go "Oh nope, you're doing it all wrong. You have the wrong gear set, here let me show you a list of gear which you'll need to grind". Lol, no thanks, I'll rather stick to games that require skills than gear.

PvP in ESO needs to learn from their betters such as WoW and Guild Wars 2 or even The Old Republic. Make an ability for all classes or something like Purge from the Support skill line but make it so it can be used passively or active while being crowd controlled and this also makes the player immune to stuns for atleast 10 seconds, not just 5 seconds by default left and right click. I've seen Sorcerers spam Destructive Reach and they got to the top of the scoreboard pretty quick.

I've hard experiences with many MMOs and ESO is the only game which I see had lost potential in being the better at PvP endgame in comparison to WoW. I think I already stated I tried this game since beta but quit for a couple of years, made a Nightblade and got 1 shot by everyone. So I went on ahead and learned the mechanics such as gear, etc but still nothing. This pile of trash doesn't take a generation to learn, only takes a tutorial which is missing but nonetheless in the end regardless of all the gear, people still do get 1 shotted at.

You only got better by grinding gear and non class skill lines that shouldn't have collaborated with PvP. But if you get into a fair fight in games like WoW or Guild Wars 2, you wouldn't last a single match. Hell I'll even throw in Apex Legends and Overwatch since in those games, when you shoot someone, they take damage, they shoot you, you take damage. That is how a fair fight should be, not because you have the better gear.

Uh, so much this to be honest. Isn't PVE traditionally the gear-treadmill where skill doesn't necessarily matter, only memorising rotations and tactics etc? While PVP is more about mind-playing your oppononent, relying on skill rather than a gear advantage...

Mate you think now its all about gear. And yes it is very important and that is what makes it fun in the long run. Skill based PVP become boring really fast. Add in theory crafting and if you like that it keep exciting and you can try out so many things and even come to setups you think should not work but they really do.

But a good PVP player can kill you with basic gear on if they played long enough. You can have the best gear but not skilled enough and you get trashed by a good PVP player with basic gear on. Keep playing, change tactics as you cannot engage blindly you need to pick you timing right and you will get there if you really want to.

Not even worth it, man. It’s very obvious now that this person can’t be reasoned with, and is being hostile for the sake of being hostile, simply because they don’t want to acknowledge that they are a novice and need to improve on both their skill and their build.

:wink:
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I am a novice in a MMO that relies on unfair gear advantages. If you played any other game, you'd just get wrecked and you know it. There is no skill in this, just crafting. According to your friend here.
    Skill based PVP become boring really fast.
    Just stick to this trashy game you normies.

It’s a real shame you’re not on console, as I would stick on the same gear that you’re wearing, invite you to 1v1 me, and wipe the floor with your corpse. :) You know, because I have more experience with this game than you do. You likely don’t even know how to weave — which is something we could have taught you to do, if you weren’t so resistant to assistance.

I haven't like responded to this thread for 2 days...how was I being hostile?

My apologies, I mistakenly thought that Woppa was responding to Milisa (who, yes, is being incredibly hostile and flat out wrong on several counts). Though to respond to your post, gear is important in PVP in ESO, but skill and experience are just as (if not more) important. If you want gear-less PVP, I’m afraid you’re going to have to play Battlefield or something (and even there, certain weapons, which are only available through — you guessed it — time played and experience accrued, are better than beginner weapons).
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ yes, a bad player in good gear will lose to a good player in bad gear.

But both of those players will always lose to a good player in good gear, because the power creep is designed around your gear.

Get on board or keep waiting to respawn.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "A very solid gear setup is a hard prerequisite for end-game PvP" =/= "Endgame PvP is decided by gear"

You can be the best rally driver in the world, if you enter WRC with half the horsepower, you'll never win.

However, if an average driver takes the wheel of a WRC car, he won't beat a pro running that inferior car.

In the end, the cars do make a difference between drivers of similar skill, but difference in driving skill is the most important factor.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    look ur right about the cp but no cp bg is not like that. u probably dont even have a quarter of my mmo experience. i played them all over hundreds of hours i preordered the deluxe edition of gw 2 i was in dcuo at its peak of pvp i have multiple maxed out characters in swtor to get all the passive buffs when playing pvp. i had a fully monster pieces geared character in bdo with tet armor/weapons and tri jewelry.

in all honesty dcuo and blade and soul had so far the best pvp but eso pvp is atleast a little better than gw2 and far better than WoW
    its pretty good pvp on "nocp"mode.

i personally was actually bad at start. there is a learning curve in pvp in this game. nowadays ive reached even scores up to 80 kill 15 assist to 0 deaths.... that was unthinkable back then when i started out in pvp.

ur just screwed becouse u lvled up by doing bg and ur mmr carried over to 50+. now ur fighting very experienced pvp players which outplay u in every way.

on top of that u probably have no idea of how to build ur character for ur own playstyle.

How does this related to ESO? ESO has self heals and almost the same amount of freedom except not a fair fight for sure. In Guild Wars 2, I could solo a Ranked player with just the PvP buff without getting 1 shot at. I did not need any special gear, maybe a specific build for certain weapons yes but gear did not matter.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gw2+oneshot

also they gutted the skill system now most builds are very similar. oneshot is not neccessary bad but it needs an indicator like darksouls has indicators. in gw 2 u also need to get special gear to be good unless u play structured pvp.
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    I do not know how the gear is scaled or why but i do 300 something with the bow light atacks and 1100 something with lethal arrow is like i do 30% damage of what i should be doing i know my build is not the best. Anyone knows why i do so little damege in battlegrounds i am cp 80 and my gear is outdated the bow is cp 40. I did well in -50 battlegrounds I expected to do worst when i got to lvl 50 but this damage is ridiculous I thought it was champion points at first but then i read there are no cp on BG.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CynicK wrote: »
    I do not know how the gear is scaled or why but i do 300 something with the bow light atacks and 1100 something with lethal arrow is like i do 30% damage of what i should be doing i know my build is not the best. Anyone knows why i do so little damege in battlegrounds i am cp 80 and my gear is outdated the bow is cp 40. I did well in -50 battlegrounds I expected to do worst when i got to lvl 50 but this damage is ridiculous I thought it was champion points at first but then i read there are no cp on BG.

There’s no CP (as in, the points/bonuses from the CP system) enabled in BGs. However, the gear cap still applies to BGs. Gear is capped at CP 160. CP 40 gear is significantly weaker than CP 160 gear. You’d be better off leveling to CP 160 (which won’t take long at all) and acquiring some cheap CP 160 PVP gear, rather than trying to do anything in vet BGs with CP 40 gear.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's a bit Ageist - I'm not allowed into BG's because I'm over 50 years old..... B)
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is this some kind of secondary trolling account or something? Cause it's really starting to sound like it.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO, I’m going to tell the girls at work tonight that we’re supposed to sleep throughout the day (and the night!) on our days off, and that we’re not supposed to have hobbies or personal lives AT ALL in order to take care of our patients. :D:D:D

Anyway, I’m off to bed now for eight hours, like a normal person. Will be interesting to see if this thread is still open when I get up. Well done on completely derailing the OP’s thread, and insulting everyone who has tried to help you. If that’s not trolling, then...
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can literally spend 5 minutes asking in zone chat for somebody to craft you some basic body pieces, spend 5-10 minutes shopping around in guild stores looking for some cheap weapons and jewelry in another set, then get some decent crafted set for your helmet and shoulders while you get a good monster set, and you could do alright in that.

Hell, I did that on my magDK. Ran a defensive set that was cheap at the time (Mark of the Pariah), and a crafted damage set that buffed all my class skills (Innate Axiom), and ran Valkyn Skoria as my monster set.

You could do all that in like 15-20 minutes, and yet you'd rather cry on the forums here, because you refuse to learn how to play this game. If you don't like ESO, *** off to a game you do like, I don't care. But stop crying on the forums because you can't have your way.

EDIT: Apparently you don't know how to use quotes on the forums, either, since you broke them.
    Edited by jcm2606 on June 6, 2019 11:58AM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya’ll mofos being trolled.

:trollface:
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    This thread is golden. Entitled autistic WoW kid gets stomped in BGs and throws a temper tantrum on forums <3
    Kill yourself or your loved ones. Thanks.
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    You can literally spend 5 minutes asking in zone chat for somebody to craft you some basic body pieces, spend 5-10 minutes shopping around in guild stores looking for some cheap weapons and jewelry in another set, then get some decent crafted set for your helmet and shoulders while you get a good monster set, and you could do alright in that.

Hell, I did that on my magDK. Ran a defensive set that was cheap at the time (Mark of the Pariah), and a crafted damage set that buffed all my class skills (Innate Axiom), and ran Valkyn Skoria as my monster set.

You could do all that in like 15-20 minutes, and yet you'd rather cry on the forums here, because you refuse to learn how to play this game. If you don't like ESO, *** off to a game you do like, I don't care. But stop crying on the forums because you can't have your way.

EDIT: Apparently you don't know how to use quotes on the forums, either, since you broke them.
    If you browsed through this thread, you'd know I already have the basic sets. Learning how to play this game is different than grinding gear which I am not willing to do yet. If you don't care about why this game could have been better than WoW, atleast care for your players who want a fair fight.

I'm not a nerd like you who is always on the forums so I don't really know.

The thing you're not getting is that gear isn't the deciding factor here. Gear only gives you the stats necessary to play, if you don't know how to play (which, you don't, for multiple reasons, but the most succinct is the fact that you've tried so many builds and couldn't do anything with them, which shows that you don't know how to use them effectively), those stats are useless to you.

Seriously. Go look at any PVP builds, and most of them will use sets that can be crafted, easily farmed in the overworld, or even bought from other players. I just showed you one such gear setup that I used on my magDK, where the only thing I had to farm was Valkyn Skoria. Pariah, I bought with gold. Axiom, I crafted, though you could have someone else craft it for you.

And even if a build does use gear that has to be farmed, alternatives are available. That's the beauty of how ESO does gearing, all the good options are within a few percent of each other, and it's all down to how well they complement your build and playstyle, especially in PVP.

Yes, lack of gear isn't helping. You likely don't have impen, so you're likely taking the full bonus of critical strikes. You likely don't have much health, so you likely couldn't take much damage before dropping. But getting good gear that gives you these stats is not going to stop you dying, it's only going to delay your inevitable death, likely for a few seconds at most.

You don't know which skills hit really hard, so you don't know which skills you should try to avoid. In the case that you do get hit, you don't know how to recover from those skills. You don't know how to maximise healing, you don't know when to stop pressuring a target to heal, you don't even know how to actually pressure a target. You don't know about combos, the difference between them for each class and playstyle, which combos to use when, how to adjust a combo against certain targets, or how to animation cancel to push more damage through the combo.

You don't know any of these things, and that is why you're dying. Not because you have *** gear (again, it isn't helping), but because you don't know how to play. And, before you say "you ignorant fool, I do know how to play!" No, you don't. You can't spam stuns, because players receive immunity to stuns for 7 seconds upon breaking out of one. You can't spam single target abilities, because that does *** all for damage with nothing behind it.

Even if you stunned me and got my health down a little, I break out, I heal back to full, I kill you within that 7 second immunity window, because you don't know how to counter me, and even if you did, I simply sustain myself until my ultimate charges up, I buff up, debuff you, stun you, and do my combo against you, you drop dead instantly, because you had no heals running to keep you alive through my stun, because you didn't even know you had to.

You didn't even know what Aurielle was talking about when she suggested you use the light armour shield, you thought she meant literally use a shield and block.

If you don't get it now, you're a lost cause. Again, if you don't like ESO, cool. We don't care, you don't need to make us care. Go off and play some other game.
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings! As we've removed several posts from this thread, please keep the thread on-topic, constructive, and civil to prevent it from being closed or actions taken against individual accounts.

While we completely understand everyone has their own opinions, thoughts, feelings and even frustrations, we want the forums to be a civil and constructive platform for the game and it's community as a whole.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Milisa224
    Milisa224
    ✭✭
    Yes, lack of gear isn't helping. You likely don't have impen, so you're likely taking the full bonus of critical strikes. You likely don't have much health, so you likely couldn't take much damage before dropping. But getting good gear that gives you these stats is not going to stop you dying, it's only going to delay your inevitable death, likely for a few seconds at most.
    The mod removed my posts when there were no threats, ironic. Again I have full Impen gear, stop giving excuses that this game is unbalanced.
    You don't know which skills hit really hard, so you don't know which skills you should try to avoid. In the case that you do get hit, you don't know how to recover from those skills. You don't know how to maximise healing, you don't know when to stop pressuring a target to heal, you don't even know how to actually pressure a target. You don't know about combos, the difference between them for each class and playstyle, which combos to use when, how to adjust a combo against certain targets, or how to animation cancel to push more damage through the combo.
    "You don't know" how to hold left click and push 5 buttons. You call these combos? Lol, you wouldn't even last in the Mortal Kombat series.
    You don't know any of these things, and that is why you're dying. Not because you have *** gear (again, it isn't helping), but because you don't know how to play. And, before you say "you ignorant fool, I do know how to play!" No, you don't. You can't spam stuns, because players receive immunity to stuns for 7 seconds upon breaking out of one. You can't spam single target abilities, because that does *** all for damage with nothing behind it.
    I did not only spam stuns, genius. I only stun every 5 seconds. Look at the build I'm following and just think before you say I don't know how to play an easy game like ESO. https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-necromancer-build-pvp/
    Even if you stunned me and got my health down a little, I break out, I heal back to full, I kill you within that 7 second immunity window, because you don't know how to counter me, and even if you did, I simply sustain myself until my ultimate charges up, I buff up, debuff you, stun you, and do my combo against you, you drop dead instantly, because you had no heals running to keep you alive through my stun, because you didn't even know you had to.
    What is this some kind of roleplay PvP? How about this, I use a damaging ability to you, you get damaged. You use a damaging ability to me, I get damaged. If you play a fair game like WoW or League, you die, why? Because you only know how to win in an unfair game that is dependent on gear.
    You didn't even know what Aurielle was talking about when she suggested you use the light armour shield, you thought she meant literally use a shield and block.
    They were talking about Annulment which I have it Morphed to Dampen Magic according to the site I just linked you. Again making up excuses to defend a bad game mechanic.
    If you don't get it now, you're a lost cause. Again, if you don't like ESO, cool. We don't care, you don't need to make us care. Go off and play some other game.
    I'm just proving my point that PvP is broken in this game and the community is really stupid.
  • stritzi
    stritzi
    ✭✭✭
    Just two questions, how much pen do you have and how high are your resis?
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mod removed my posts when there were no threats, ironic. Again I have full Impen gear, stop giving excuses that this game is unbalanced.
    "You don't know" how to hold left click and push 5 buttons. You call these combos? Lol, you wouldn't even last in the Mortal Kombat series.
    I did not only spam stuns, genius. I only stun every 5 seconds. Look at the build I'm following and just think before you say I don't know how to play an easy game like ESO. https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-necromancer-build-pvp/
    What is this some kind of roleplay PvP? How about this, I use a damaging ability to you, you get damaged. You use a damaging ability to me, I get damaged. If you play a fair game like WoW or League, you die, why? Because you only know how to win in an unfair game that is dependent on gear.
    They were talking about Annulment which I have it Morphed to Dampen Magic according to the site I just linked you. Again making up excuses to defend a bad game mechanic.
    I'm just proving my point that PvP is broken in this game and the community is really stupid.

A mod removed your posts because you were insulting absolutely everyone who tried to help you, and you even told someone to kill themselves and their families. And you clearly haven’t learned from the infraction, as is evident from your final statement.

If PVP in this game is so bad and not worth your time, why are you polluting this thread with your toxic attitude? Why aren’t you playing those other games that are so much better and more balanced, according to you, instead of wasting your time talking to people you’re repeatedly calling “stupid”? I mean, jeeze, I know people get salty sometimes after dying to gankblades, but this is Dead Sea levels of salt. It’s okay if you’re not willing to spend the time and effort needed to get better at PVP in this game, but there’s no need to trash the game and the people who enjoy it. You’ve received plenty of good advice in this thread from high MMR players who know what they’re talking about, and you’re dismissing us all because you think you have it all figured out after playing the game for a few days.

Go back to yorur bridge.

P.S. People copy paste Alcast builds all the time and fail, because they don’t know how to play. If you give a tennis novice Roger Federer’s racquet and gear, they’re not automatically going to play tennis like Federer. Also, Alcast is a PVE expert, not PVP. You’d be better off trying a build by someone like Dotzz.
    Edited by Aurielle on June 6, 2019 5:19PM
  • Milisa224
    Milisa224
    ✭✭
    stritzi wrote: »
    12k Spell Resistance
    8k Physical Resistance
    2k Critical Resistance

Have not changed the Traits of my Jewelry since I just switched over to the "Shield Of the Valiant Set". I have no idea how much pen I have but both of my weapons Destructo/Healing Staffs have Sharpened. Just need to farm more crystals to change my Healing Staff Trait to Protective.

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stritzi wrote: »
    12k Spell Resistance
    8k Physical Resistance
    2k Critical Resistance

Have not changed the Traits of my Jewelry since I just switched over to the "Shield Of the Valiant Set". I have no idea how much pen I have but both of my weapons Destructo/Healing Staffs have Sharpened. Just need to farm more crystals to change my Healing Staff Trait to Protective.

12k/8k resists is nothing, and it’s why you’re dying in a second. Most light armour builds are running 20k phys/spell resists, minimum. Support builds (which is what any Magicka Necro is going to be shoehorned into, since damage buffs are needed) are running close to the resist cap, around 30k.

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted post has been removed.]

Enjoy being one-shot, then. :) Unless you’re building for full glass-cannon ganking, resists are important. You realize, right, that most people’s penetration is higher than your resists? So you’re taking the full brunt of their damage and not mitigating any of it.

You can choose to continue to run your copy pasted Alcast build, or you can listen to advice. Buying or crafting a set of Fortified Brass for yourself would improve your survivability considerably.

Edit: gear is PART of the equation for success, not all of it. Ignore it, and you’ll do poorly when you’re still learning to play.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 6, 2019 7:49PM
  • leokafilyeb17_ESO
    leokafilyeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Enjoy being one-shot, then. :) Unless you’re building for full glass-cannon ganking, resists are important. You realize, right, that most people’s penetration is higher than your resists? So you’re taking the full brunt of their damage and not mitigating any of it.

You can choose to continue to run your copy pasted Alcast build, or you can listen to advice. Buying or crafting a set of Fortified Brass for yourself would improve your survivability considerably.

Edit: gear is PART of the equation for success, not all of it. Ignore it, and you’ll do poorly when you’re still learning to play.

Well, I have a question about that actually, you said unless you wanna go full glass cannon you build resists right? So ignoring the toxic raging guy for a moment here, can you explain what went wrong when I popped into BGs with a full damage set? Was it my class? Because honestly I could accept being one-shot if I was also dealing that damage back but I swear everyone I attacked took, barely any damage from my abilities, and all the numbers were in brackets, whatever that means.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 6, 2019 7:53PM
  • Milisa224
    Milisa224
    ✭✭

How about no? As a Necro, I have to constantly spend Mana for heals/defensive skills and Crafty Alfiq's with Shield Of The Valiant set are a good balance. Most people have Heavy/Medium armor and it is right for me to take damage from them. I've also seen a change that other Light Armored players take the same amount of damage as I do.

[snip] I have no intention to be a tank in Light Armor and full Impen is good enough to me with all my armor upgraded with Health Glyphs.

Even if I do get a full set of Monster build, it isn't going to do any good to my class. [snip]. There are actually a few people that helped here [snip].

[Edit for bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 6, 2019 7:56PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I have a question about that actually, you said unless you wanna go full glass cannon you build resists right? So ignoring the toxic raging guy for a moment here, can you explain what went wrong when I popped into BGs with a full damage set? Was it my class? Because honestly I could accept being one-shot if I was also dealing that damage back but I swear everyone I attacked took, barely any damage from my abilities, and all the numbers were in brackets, whatever that means.

Glass cannon builds are some of the most difficult builds to pull off when you’re new. Takes a LOT of practice. Also, when damage you deal is in brackets, it means that the person you’re attacking has a damage shield active. Most reliable way to deal with a shield spammer is to CC them and burst them down before they can break free. What are you using for crowd control?

How about no? As a Necro, I have to constantly spend Mana for heals/defensive skills and Crafty Alfiq's with Shield Of The Valiant set are a good balance. Most people have Heavy/Medium armor and it is right for me to take damage from them. I've also seen a change that other Light Armored players take the same amount of damage as I do.

[snip] I have no intention to be a tank in Light Armor and full Impen is good enough to me with all my armor upgraded with Health Glyphs.

Even if I do get a full set of Monster build, it isn't going to do any good to my class. [snip]. There are actually a few people that helped here [snip].

[Edit for bait.]

:D
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 6, 2019 7:58PM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle, you did your best. At this point they're either trolling you hard or just not going to take your years of skill as advice. It might be better to cut it off here.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Aurielle, you did your best. At this point they're either trolling you hard or just not going to take your years of skill as advice. It might be better to cut it off here.

Yup, I’m done.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all!

After removing more off topic and baiting posts, we must remind everyone that all posts should be kept civil and constructive, as well as within the guidelines of the rules we have in place. Derailing a thread and baiting are both violations of the rules. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to take a few moments to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 6, 2019 8:05PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Milisa, would you mind uploading for us some gameplay footage of you pvping so that we can see whether you have adequate level of skill and it is the game's gear progression the issue behind your deaths. Because right now its abit surreal how your are arguing with everybody here that you know better how the game is even though you have less experience than them all. This way we could probably help you better.
  • Arzharo
    Arzharo
    ✭✭
    Doing PvP in eso without impen and/or proper gear is like hitting max level in WoW and doing bgs when resilience was a thing.
    Edited by Arzharo on June 7, 2019 11:32PM