The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So I can't do BGs anymore after 50?

leokafilyeb17_ESO
leokafilyeb17_ESO
✭✭✭
Like...what happened? I was having so much fun in PVP, BGs in this game from 10-50, genuinely lots of fun, matches were close, it was action packed, fun dodging and rolling, doing objectives getting kills etc. I was good at it too! Genuinely a damn fun experience and way to get stuff/exp! I hit lvl 50...went into my daily BG and I was literally 1 shot by everyone, none of my stuff even scratched people. So...okay, I left BGs, went and got to CP 160, I bought some epic 160 equipment off traders, went to try BGs again...

Exact same thing, people take 0 damage from me now, I'm dead in like 2-4 melee swings from anyone, I don't even have time to react it feels like I'm a level 1 playing against 50s or something...

People telling me stuff like "You need proper sets/enchant, get impen" etc. etc. and I'm just like...wtf? Freaking BGs in this game aren't just scaled so people can play with their skills and classes? I have to now go farm for golden gear for weeks as well before I can PVP again? This sucks so hard...*** it, I guess I should just make any alt and get it to level 10 if I want to enjoy PVPing again...
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to CP cap ...
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BGs are No CP.

But your build is going to make more of a difference now.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your epic gear may not be so epic after all.

• Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    BGs are No CP.

But your build is going to make more of a difference now.

yeh not just that but he also said he did good in low lvl bg means hes now high mmr 50+ bg. i think low lvl bg shouldnt push u so hard in mmr.

my advice keep loosing untill u hit rock bottom mmr as fcked up as it is.

if ur EU i can help u with building up ur character.

u could also get some inspiration by Dottz or Alcast both are decent pvp players.

the playstyles in high mmr bg differ alot. ppl stick together and are tankier. u wont be able to burst anyone solo as u did before it takes now way more effort.

u dont belong to high mmr 50+ even tho u did great on under 50 bg. the game is giving u very experienced pvp players that u cant possibly defeat in ur state.

id say its a gameflaw mmr shouldnt carry over from under 50 to over 50 bg.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Your epic gear may not be so epic after all.

XD good one
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like...what happened? I was having so much fun in PVP, BGs in this game from 10-50, genuinely lots of fun, matches were close, it was action packed, fun dodging and rolling, doing objectives getting kills etc. I was good at it too! Genuinely a damn fun experience and way to get stuff/exp! I hit lvl 50...went into my daily BG and I was literally 1 shot by everyone, none of my stuff even scratched people. So...okay, I left BGs, went and got to CP 160, I bought some epic 160 equipment off traders, went to try BGs again...

Exact same thing, people take 0 damage from me now, I'm dead in like 2-4 melee swings from anyone, I don't even have time to react it feels like I'm a level 1 playing against 50s or something...

People telling me stuff like "You need proper sets/enchant, get impen" etc. etc. and I'm just like...wtf? Freaking BGs in this game aren't just scaled so people can play with their skills and classes? I have to now go farm for golden gear for weeks as well before I can PVP again? This sucks so hard...*** it, I guess I should just make any alt and get it to level 10 if I want to enjoy PVPing again...

While yes you do need decent gear and consumables (food, potions), you don't need to outright minmax like that, especially early on. You can honestly make do with basic crafted and cheap overland gear.

In terms of sets, the most common setup in non-CP (BGs are non-CP) is to pair a damage 5-piece set with a sustain 5-piece set, and either run a damage or a defensive monster set. What class are you? Do you want to lean more towards magicka or stamina as your primary resource pool? If we were to know what exactly you were playing as, we could give you some suggestions.

In terms of consumables, food is an absolute must in PVP. Even basic blue double max stat food will make life a lot easier for you. Potions are very helpful, and I highly suggest using them, even if all you have are trash potions dropped by mobs. Ideally you'd want some of the crafted potions, triple stat potions are a great all rounder for any build.

As for golden gear, the only gear worth upgrading to gold are weapons. The difference between purple and gold for armour and jewelry is negligible, literally only a few percent, if even.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leveling through bgs is the worst thing you can possibly do as a new player. Your mmr skyrocketed, so now you're facing the sweatiest players this game has to offer. Things are not gonna get better unless you keep losing and your mmr tanks again. The fun part about it is that we can't even see our mmr.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, you have inflated your “MMR” in the battleground system and are now being introduced to actual good players of battlegrounds at a much earlier stage than someone at 50 trying BGs. What’s your class? In high MMR you need to work on min max as much as possible and if you’re magicka you should plan for at minimum 12k max stam or you’re not going to have fun. Enjoy.
  • leokafilyeb17_ESO
    leokafilyeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As others have said, you have inflated your “MMR” in the battleground system and are now being introduced to actual good players of battlegrounds at a much earlier stage than someone at 50 trying BGs. What’s your class? In high MMR you need to work on min max as much as possible and if you’re magicka you should plan for at minimum 12k max stam or you’re not going to have fun. Enjoy.

I was playing a Magicka Necromancer, but I pretty much gave up now on BGs/PVP alltogether, pre-50 it seemed fun and easy to jump into, now it's all... "What traits are you running, why no full golden gear, you need x amount of this and that" it sucked all the fun out of it for me so meh, thanks anyway.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I was playing a Magicka Necromancer, but I pretty much gave up now on BGs/PVP alltogether, pre-50 it seemed fun and easy to jump into, now it's all... "What traits are you running, why no full golden gear, you need x amount of this and that" it sucked all the fun out of it for me so meh, thanks anyway.

Yea, sub 50 BGs are more fun. Once you hit 50 people’ damage skyrockets and there are more proc sets, etc...

I made the same mistake, yea leveling in BGs is a bad idea.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Milisa224
    Milisa224
    ✭✭
    Glad I'm not alone in this. I had to get a full gear set with full Impenetrable Trait. Meaning I either had to buy these sets or change the Traits myself via a Guild/Friend or the Clockwork DLC. The game doesn't warn people once they hit level 50, so they get butchered by those who have full sets of Gold gear.

I recently had alot of fun before I hit level 50 with my Necromancer, so I went ahead and subscribed to ESO Plus thinking that PvP in this game had been improved since I've left the game years ago. But it didn't. It's still the same old unbalanced gameplay with gear and class meta.

This game could have been Competitive in comparison to games like WoW but I've already cancelled my ESO Plus Membership after a few matches even with full Impenetrable gear. It's really annoying to be a Necromancer DPS with off heals and seeing this Nightblade take no damage while they force stealth out and deal 80% damage while stunning me.

If anyone shares the same mind tell them this; "If you want a PvE game, play ESO. If you want a fair PvP game, play WoW or Guild Wars 2". Of course they will be fanboys disagreeing with this but hence why even Streamers don't bother to play PvP in this game because well, it sucks.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most players don't have gold gear; only gold weapons. Even then, I only have 1 golden front bar weapon.

I have blue jewelry on a few builds.

It's not money, it's correct decisions regarding what gear fits what you wish to accomplish.

You're being out played

The fact that you weren't aware that you'd need specific armors and traits and goals to be competitive tells me as much.

Unfortunately for you high level PvP and PvE require specific gear and investment of both time and effort.

It's no different than joining a vet trial run with 10k dps etc
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • leokafilyeb17_ESO
    leokafilyeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Most players don't have gold gear; only gold weapons. Even then, I only have 1 golden front bar weapon.

It's not money, it's correct decisions regarding what gear fits what you wish to accomplish.

You're being out played

The fact that you weren't aware that you'd need specific armors and traits and goals to be competitive tells me as much.

Unfortunately for you high level PvP and PvE require specific gear and investment of both time and effort.

So not fun then is what you're saying? I mean what was wrong with the way it is pre-50? It's still about kill, when you dodge, when you fire, what abilities you use, if you block etc.

This? Having to farm for specific gear, for set bonuses and getting specific traits etc. spending hours and hours and hours just gearing up so you can do a Battleground once in a while? Yeah, no, that's just...no.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're being out played

So not fun then is what you're saying? I mean what was wrong with the way it is pre-50? It's still about kill, when you dodge, when you fire, what abilities you use, if you block etc.

This? Having to farm for specific gear, for set bonuses and getting specific traits etc. spending hours and hours and hours just gearing up so you can do a Battleground once in a while? Yeah, no, that's just...no.

Delete your character and make a new one and enjoy sub 50 BG again??
    PvP needs more love.
  • leokafilyeb17_ESO
    leokafilyeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »

You're being out played

Delete your character and make a new one and enjoy sub 50 BG again??

Okay?? That's literally the point of the thread.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milisa224 wrote: »
    Glad I'm not alone in this. I had to get a full gear set with full Impenetrable Trait. Meaning I either had to buy these sets or change the Traits myself via a Guild/Friend or the Clockwork DLC. The game doesn't warn people once they hit level 50, so they get butchered by those who have full sets of Gold gear.

I recently had alot of fun before I hit level 50 with my Necromancer, so I went ahead and subscribed to ESO Plus thinking that PvP in this game had been improved since I've left the game years ago. But it didn't. It's still the same old unbalanced gameplay with gear and class meta.

This game could have been Competitive in comparison to games like WoW but I've already cancelled my ESO Plus Membership after a few matches even with full Impenetrable gear. It's really annoying to be a Necromancer DPS with off heals and seeing this Nightblade take no damage while they force stealth out and deal 80% damage while stunning me.

If anyone shares the same mind tell them this; "If you want a PvE game, play ESO. If you want a fair PvP game, play WoW or Guild Wars 2". Of course they will be fanboys disagreeing with this but hence why even Streamers don't bother to play PvP in this game because well, it sucks.

PvP in this game is great. You can’t throw a pity party on the forums of people whom have grinded this game for 4+ years and think you’re going to go to lvl 50 BGs and have the same successes as sub 50. There are people who have spent hundreds of hours perfect 1-2 classes, theorycrafted their own builds for their playstyle and have tons of pvp experience in regards to positioning and situational awareness. The fact the game has a high end game pvp learning curve is what makes it great, embrace it or reroll another character to play sub 50 BGs. That being said, you know what waits at the end of the tunnel and you will only get better by playing better people, take the losses in stride and learn from your mistakes.
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on June 3, 2019 5:31AM
  • Milisa224
    Milisa224
    ✭✭
    PvP in this game is great. You can’t throw a pity party on the forums of people whom have grinded this game for 4+ years and think you’re going to go to lvl 50 BGs and have the same successes as sub 50. There are people who have spent hundreds of hours perfect 1-2 classes, theorycrafted their own builds for their playstyle and have tons of pvp experience in regards to positioning and situational awareness. The fact the game has a high end game pvp learning curve is what makes it great, embrace it or reroll another character to play sub 50 BGs. That being said, you know what waits at the end of the tunnel and you will only get better by playing better people, take the losses in stride and learn from your mistakes.

I have to disagree. I started during the beta and was one of the first to actually experience PvP. There wasn't anyone with any advantage such as CP or high end gear at that time. I've been PvPing in other MMO's such as WoW, Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, etc.

Positioning and situational awareness in an MMO doesn't matter much when there is third person support. Same goes to the reason why PUBG players on PC would prefer First Person to Third Person due to situational awareness and camouflage.

This game doesn't have a "high end game PvP learning curve". It's literally just getting the best gear, build and class. Even if I play a Nightblade but without the Impenetrable, I'm good as dead in an instant. That is as bad as Black Desert Online's gearing system, where the game punishes people without gear.

I already worked on my character and don't plan to make another just to experience what ESOs end game PvP could have been. It's such a waste really. I'd just rather PvP in WoW or Guild Wars 2 if I wanted to be competitive like those "better people" but instead I get insta killed without a good fight.

Don't dodge the fact that this game's PvP really sucks and is not balanced to a MMO standards. There is nothing to "git gud" at if ESO is just a casual game but only to be ruined by the gear and level system.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to disagree. I started during the beta and was one of the first to actually experience PvP. There wasn't anyone with any advantage such as CP or high end gear at that time. I've been PvPing in other MMO's such as WoW, Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, etc.

Positioning and situational awareness in an MMO doesn't matter much when there is third person support. Same goes to the reason why PUBG players on PC would prefer First Person to Third Person due to situational awareness and camouflage.

This game doesn't have a "high end game PvP learning curve". It's literally just getting the best gear, build and class. Even if I play a Nightblade but without the Impenetrable, I'm good as dead in an instant. That is as bad as Black Desert Online's gearing system, where the game punishes people without gear.

I already worked on my character and don't plan to make another just to experience what ESOs end game PvP could have been. It's such a waste really. I'd just rather PvP in WoW or Guild Wars 2 if I wanted to be competitive like those "better people" but instead I get insta killed without a good fight.

Don't dodge the fact that this game's PvP really sucks and is not balanced to a MMO standards. There is nothing to "git gud" at if ESO is just a casual game but only to be ruined by the gear and level system.

look ur right about the cp but no cp bg is not like that. u probably dont even have a quarter of my mmo experience. i played them all over hundreds of hours i preordered the deluxe edition of gw 2 i was in dcuo at its peak of pvp i have multiple maxed out characters in swtor to get all the passive buffs when playing pvp. i had a fully monster pieces geared character in bdo with tet armor/weapons and tri jewelry.

in all honesty dcuo and blade and soul had so far the best pvp but eso pvp is atleast a little better than gw2 and far better than WoW
    its pretty good pvp on "nocp"mode.

i personally was actually bad at start. there is a learning curve in pvp in this game. nowadays ive reached even scores up to 80 kill 15 assist to 0 deaths.... that was unthinkable back then when i started out in pvp.

ur just screwed becouse u lvled up by doing bg and ur mmr carried over to 50+. now ur fighting very experienced pvp players which outplay u in every way.

on top of that u probably have no idea of how to build ur character for ur own playstyle.
    Edited by Noctus on June 3, 2019 11:46AM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vVNWyqx.jpg
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve played other MMOs at a high level, specifically Cho’Gall during peak arena times and was gladiator in 2s 3s and 5s. I know the learning curves that go in to games and ESO in particular for BGs has a high learning curve. The fact people level up and you have all of this CP crutch along the way to suddenly drop that CP system in a structured small scale pvp environment is a HUGE change. This is why you rarely see those ball group kids from cyrodill in high MMR BGs, they can’t adapt to it. To say that the learning curve in this game is to “get optimized gear” is such a bogus mindset. There’s so many different builds for different classes and different roles, all that fit some sort of niche for the game. There’s no immediate “I win” build, especially for BGs because you actually have to be good and manage resources and time your burst much more strategically. As far as position and situational awareness, these are two of the biggest things in ESO, especially because there is a 3 team format. It sounds like for a beta player, you have a lot to learn.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can see both sides, but the OP has a good point. PvP in this game is sort of endgame, so there are 4 tiers I’d say.

Tier 1 - Sub-50 new players
    Tier 2 - Low MMR New 50s leaning pvp
    Tier 3 - Middle MMR pvp
    Tier 4 - Higher MMR pvp

The main point of the OP that I agree with is pvping sub-50 shouldn’t jump you from tier 1 to tier 3, that is just dumb.
    Edited by Iskiab on June 3, 2019 12:09PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve played other MMOs at a high level, specifically Cho’Gall during peak arena times and was gladiator in 2s 3s and 5s. I know the learning curves that go in to games and ESO in particular for BGs has a high learning curve. The fact people level up and you have all of this CP crutch along the way to suddenly drop that CP system in a structured small scale pvp environment is a HUGE change. This is why you rarely see those ball group kids from cyrodill in high MMR BGs, they can’t adapt to it. To say that the learning curve in this game is to “get optimized gear” is such a bogus mindset. There’s so many different builds for different classes and different roles, all that fit some sort of niche for the game. There’s no immediate “I win” build, especially for BGs because you actually have to be good and manage resources and time your burst much more strategically. As far as position and situational awareness, these are two of the biggest things in ESO, especially because there is a 3 team format. It sounds like for a beta player, you have a lot to learn.

i couldnt have said it better.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are mistaken, but that's good news because you still have the opportunity to realize how great this game is :)

ESO endgame PvP is not about farm, not even 20% because :
    - Once you get to CP160 (for BG / no-CP) or CP800+ you are set for life about XP grind.
    - Gear is horizontal progression, with new sets mostly being about new options/opportunities and not a replacement
    - Classes are a minor factor and all within 5-10% of each other (less if you include the potential stam/mag switch)

ESO endgame PvP is about :
    - Knowledge and understanding of game mechanics and meta (a good build takes way more research, testing, tuning, etc.. than farming)
    - Experience of fight dynamics and intelligence of play (positioning, awareness, potential outcomes, timing, etc...)
    - Mechanical skill and execution of the build (weaving, keeping rotation under pressure, not wasting resources, etc..)
    - Finding like-minded individuals with the listed capabilities if you want a chance against groups of other "endgame" players.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    I'm lost. Gear appropriate for BGs is some of the most accessible comparible to any mmo. You can get good bg gear from the auction housse. You can get monster sets and gold jewelery from the golden vendor.

I currently use 2 overland sets, craft alfyq and necropotence. Easly bought and upgraded...

Positioning and coordinating is very important in a BG. Focusing targets etc. Much more strategy goes into high mmr BGs. To say anything different is to be ignorant.

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a way to tell what mmr you have? I've been told mine is high but I don't see any info.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In low level PvP you can run around and do basically anything but Vet BG is a little different. Gear/skill and teamwork or die.

If you give vet PvP a chance you will have fun.

Edited by vamp_emily on June 3, 2019 6:08PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that's weird - i play a nightblade in bg's wearing full divines and 14K health. slaughter people by the hundreds. guess i'm just lucky. or maybe what hebrew said was spot on. one or the other.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Post your build done in Build Editor (Google it if you don't know about it yet). Then I will help you with it and tell you why your experience is so horrible.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Post your build done in Build Editor (Google it if you don't know about it yet). Then I will help you with it and tell you why your experience is so horrible.

Console player detected
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don’t need full gold gear to be successful in vet BGs; you need experience, patience, and skill (the latter of which comes from, you guessed it, experience and patience). Don’t throw your toys out the cot because you got outplayed. Learn and grow as a player, and you’ll start having fun again. Remember, this game has been around for five years. You’re JUST getting started, and could be playing against people who’ve been here since day one.