The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 22 - Bug Reports for Necromancer

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues you run into while testing the Necromancer class in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Sloban
    Sloban
    Spirit guardian makes a player immune to reverberating bash cc and major defile. This might apply to other cc's and effects as well.
  • BluntLightsaber
    Stalking Blastbones appears to have a 100% crit rate according to my cmx, I can't find anything in the description to say this is intentional!
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    Stalking Blastbones appears to have a 100% crit rate according to my cmx, I can't find anything in the description to say this is intentional!

It is not, just tested it and it wasn't critting. it appears to crit more often than it should though.
    Edited by Flame_of_Hades on April 16, 2019 2:54AM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blastbones and Graveyard both doesnt benefit from lightning staff's 8% AOE buff
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • BluntLightsaber
    I may be missing something then, but this has been the result of every single parse I have done against the 3 mil dummy. I got back on to test because I thought that perhaps there was some weird interaction with the passive that gives +10% crit in execute for each Gravelord skill as I had been running 4 on my front bar with a 59.1% crit chance, but unequipping them all save for Stalking Blastbones resulted in the same thing.

2qodd7udey8s.png
    Edited by BluntLightsaber on April 16, 2019 7:36AM
  • titaniumdust
    titaniumdust
    ✭✭✭
    The avid graveyard synergy seems very difficult to see/activate in combat, especially if there are other synergies floating around. I did not see my own synergy once in several parses, and when I tried just casting it on the dummy, I had to run around a bit inside the affect to find the synergy. A friend standing next to me was also unable to see the synergy when I was in combat with the dummy. Out of combat, the synergy was easier to find.
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed on playing that the dps Gravestone skill often displayed it's vfx at a wonky angle (ie not level with the ground but at an angle to it) .. I presume depending on the spot where the spell was cast was at an angle, even though the terrain was relatively flat and not sloping.
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    The heal from the Boneyard Synergy Grave Robber can crit, But the heal does not appear to go up when it crits. in fact, I have a cmx where both the heal and damage portion did NOT crit, and yet the heal healed for more than when both the damage and heal crit.
  • Neloth290
    Neloth290
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it counts but when creating a max level necro it begins to load after pressing create but then kicks me to the character select screen where said necro is now level 1 and when i select it. it goes into a load screen briefly before kicking me back to the character select again. I was able to load into elswyr on other characters but cant on necro.
    Ps4 Eu Wood Elf Stamplar AR 41
    Breton Magblade AR 27
    High Elf Mag Sorc AR 25
    Redguard Stam Dk AR 22
    Breton Magden AR 23
    1100cp
    Pc Eu
    Argonian Magblade AR 14
    325cp
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOXNPN0EreUScYN6QfmHcow
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The graveyard aoe seems to not want to fire a lot when I press the skill. Only skill that refuses to fire tho.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It appears that Blastbones as well including both morphs seemingly desummon (along with any corpse that the class generates) when near / attempting to cross small bodies of water; 4 meters wide or less; like puddles in the general overland world.

Understandably large bodies of water like rivers, lakes / any body of water that slows down movement, or causes the user to swim is normal. It is these random much standing puddles that obstruct BBones' pathway. If these puddles are in its path, it'll vanish, as well of corpse from mender, mage/archer and armor near similar puddles as well larger bodies of water will vanish with in a second after appearing.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pets seem to crit far more often than they should crit.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Ralamil
    Ralamil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer skills morphed to the stamina variants do NOT function in a negate, which is contrary to how other stamina skills behave.
    Karn Wild-Blood - PC NA AD Nord Warden
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka blast bones doesn't scale with the destruction staff passives - its damage wouldn't change regardless of staff element type.
    Edited by Unified_Gaming on April 17, 2019 9:32AM
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    I assume it's a bug, rather than design issue, but many times I'll have corpses generated by other Necromancers (and obviously there's a ton of them out there right now) appear as though they're usable by me, even though they aren't. They'll look the same as mine, and cause certain abilities to light up when targeted, yet not be usable.
    This really worries me. PvP often requires extremely fast reactions.
    Therefore, each corps should treated be equal, no matter where it comes from.
    Otherwise skills are not reliable, and Necromancers will not be that useful in PvP.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necromancer Pets block Streak from functioning
    https://youtu.be/CXZIMQiz06M
    love is love
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was testing Blastbones, Skeletal Mage and Flame Skull against invisible targets and I've found some things

First off Blastbones doesnt follow my invisible target even when I see them with detection potion

Skeletal Arcanist continues attacking even if the target is invisible BUT it doesnt pull them from invisibility (probably bugged but I'd like this as a feature)

Richoche Skull's 3rd cast leaps onto the cloaked target (again this would make a cool nonOP feature)
  • titaniumdust
    titaniumdust
    ✭✭✭
    The skills that tether you to a corpse can sometimes cause your character to spin 180 degrees and not be able to cast the ability, even if the corpse you are looking at is in front of you.
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blighted Blastbones damage in duels is 10-27% higher than the tooltip. We tested every combination we could think of involving no cp, no armor, no passives, etc. It always hit at least 10% harder than the tooltip should allow in pvp. Against a user with no armor, no cp, and no passives it hit 27% harder than it should.
    Edited by kookster on April 18, 2019 5:01PM
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nercomancer Rez ultimate doesn't proc hanu compassion set.

This worrisome for similar sets of it works or not.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a problem with Skeletal Mage, probably with Archer too. When I cast it, it always appears to my left, thats fine. But when it runs out of targets, it always stacks up with me very closely, melting with my char.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blastbones appear to damage allies if NPCs are killing them before they reach their target.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bitter Harvest: Buffs doesn't stack properly. For example, I would consume 4 corpses and get 6 seconds of heal but if I consume 1 corpse again the healing goes down to 2 seconds instead

Deaden Pain (Bitter Harvest morph): Major protection bonus ends 1 second earlier than it should

Animated Blastbones (Reanimate morph): When Im not in combat the summoned blastbones collapse immediately instead of lasting 8 seconds.
    Edited by Ankael07 on April 19, 2019 4:23AM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pestilent Colossus only applies Major Vulnerability for a total of 3 seconds.

Perhaps that's the intended functionality, but if so, the tooltip is misleading and should be changed.
    Each smash applies Major Vulnerability to any enemy hit for 3 seconds ...

Going by the tooltip there should be 5 seconds of Major Vulnerability.

Smash 1 - 3 seconds (3s total)
    Smash 2 - 3 seconds (4s total)
    Smash 3 - 3 seconds (5s total)

The tooltip functionality actually presents an interesting Warhorn alternative: +30% damage taken for 5 seconds versus +15% critical damage for 9 seconds. The actual functionality of 3 seconds is much less useful.
    Edited by LiquidPony on April 19, 2019 5:19AM
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If a lone enemy dies an elemental death such as turning into ash or choking to death by disease damage, their corpse cant be consumed by Bitter Harvest and its morphs (unless theres another consumable corpse nearby)

Boneyard's synergy damage isnt buffed by 20% if you consume a corpse (not sure if this is intended or bugged)
  • Kryser
    Kryser
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer players crash when in a dungeon with stranglers. Happend in scale caller and bloodroot. 1 magnecro healer and 2 stamnecro would all crash when in combat with stranglers
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    As tested and confirmed by the consistently forum-banned owl @Manoekin, Hungry Scythe is vastly underperforming in damage output compared to other similar tooltip skills.

9eab34im2yg8.png

Note that both the damage output and critical chance hits are far less than the flame pulsar.

Note: 42% critical chance, spinner/vd, khajit, fire staff

While the statistics of critical chance can not be 100% certain that critical chance is off, it is likely not calculating correctly. The max hit indicates that the skill is not doing base damage correctly either.

Cross-posted from Ability Bug Megathread link
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • vierne
    vierne
    ✭✭
    I don't think anyone's said this yet but I've been accruing bounty while fighting near allies. It happened first during the quest 'A Rage of Dragons' in the final boss fight. I didn't have that issue again until today, when I was questing in Khenarthi's Roost, and killed some Sea Vipers in front of the marooned shipmates. Is this something that's intended?
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Boneyard's synergy Grave Robber doesnt proc Nerieneth
    • Skeletal Arcanist gets boosted by fire staff's 8% buff despite being AOE damage
    Edited by Ankael07 on April 30, 2019 2:35AM
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get bounties in delves and in Coldharbour, where crimes are otherwise/previously impossible and the bounty UI doesn't appear. Besides the initial text notification, there's no further indication that I have a bounty until I return to civilization.

Edit: And this recent article confirms that delves shouldn't generate a bounty.
    We also had to perform an audit on a lot of older content, because there are NPCs within places like delves or quests who can witness Justice actions, and you don’t want to earn a bounty for doing a quest.

Edited by Mudcrabber on April 30, 2019 3:26PM