The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unable to change email address on the forums

Arthmoor
Arthmoor
✭✭✭
I'm trying to update my email address because it's currently pointing to a domain I intend to let expire. Your code is refusing to allow it though. After typing in the new address, it asks for my password, which I provide. Then all that happens is the following response is thrown back at me:

Usernames must be 3-20 characters and consist of letters, numbers, and underscores.

Except the username field isn't even editable and is never asked for during the submission process to change this.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Arthmoor

If you are unable to change your email address through the account page, you can have support update the email address for you. Use this Account Recovery form to start a support ticket to get the process started.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Arthmoor
    Arthmoor
    ✭✭✭
    Will do, but someone should really look into fixing it on the forum's side of things :)

I should note though that I had no trouble updating it for the game client account. Only the forum is refusing, and this recovery form doesn't seem like the appropriate way to do this.

Second edit: In fact, that won't. It's clearly going to attempt a recovery on the ESO game account which isn't at issue here. Only the forum profile editor is at issue.
    Edited by Arthmoor on March 15, 2019 6:28PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Arthmoor

We've sent you a message to help assist with your email change.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post