Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Adding an ESO key to a Steam-linked account

Fenril
Fenril
Hello, sorry for the confusing title but I couldn't summarize my question in a few words.
I'll try to be short. I'm an eso steam player since 2016. I bought the base game (Tamriel Unlimited) on steam and then Morrowind and Summerset as soon as they got released, all on the steam store. Now I got the chance to buy Elsweyr on GMG for a discounted price but it's not a steam key. It's an eso key redeemable on the Bethesda site. I've already linked my Steam account on the Bethesda site. What would exactly happen if I buy and redeem an Elsweyr key on eso site? Would my steam version of the game be automatically be upgraded? Would my account, with all characters, progresses, and crowns still be there with just the newly added content? Also, how should I launch the game from that moment? From Steam or Bethesda launcher or maybe from the eso64.exe file I already have in the steam folder? That would be a much appreciated plus, because I'd be able to bypass the steam login issues we EU players often had in the past year.
Thanks for the infos.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you purchase Elsweyr from a different site and activate it on your ESO account, you will be able to access the account while in Steam.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • flgraybear
    flgraybear
    Soul Shriven
    I have a similar question. I am a steam player, and would like to be able to by-pass the steam login when steam has issues logging me in. I have bought a base version of the game directly through Bethesda, created a different acct, loaded it, and am able to login. I have not created any characters, when I login I do not see a screen to link to another account. Is it possible to link this new acct to my existing steam/eso acct and BYPASS the steam login?
    Edited by flgraybear on June 12, 2019 1:38AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @flgraybear

You would need to purchase a non-Steam copy of ESO in order to avoid logging in through Steam.
    Staff Post
  • flgraybear
    flgraybear
    Soul Shriven
    Once I buy the non-Stream copy how do I install it and link it to my existing acct so I don't lose 3yrs of play?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Staff Post
  • TiaguX84
    TiaguX84
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,
    I have some doubts and I will use of this topic because my doubts are basically the same.
    I bought the base game on Steam and now I want to buy The Elder Scrolls Online Collection - High Isle that brings base game and all chapters prior to the Isle, my doubts are:

1º I will buy a key of The Elder Scrolls Online Collection - High Isle outside Steam to activate here on the site and my account here on the site I have the Steam account associated, if I activate the key here by the site then I can play the game on Steam with all the chapters that come in The Elder Scrolls Online Collection - High Isle ?

2º as The Elder Scrolls Online Collection - High Isle brings the base game can I offer someone the base game since I already have the base game on Steam ?
    ... if not I would be very happy if I could play the game on Steam

I do not know if I explained myself well because the English language is not my main language, I hope you guys understand and yes I saw the previous answers that may answer one of the questions but the answers were given in 2019 are not sure if it is still valid, thanks.
    Edited by TiaguX84 on April 30, 2023 5:34AM