Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Murkmire and Update 20 Preview"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Murkmire and Update 20 Preview. Explore what’s coming with our new zone and learn about the Update 20 base game pack in this preview article!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Aerithone
    Aerithone
    ✭✭✭
    "The Elder Scrolls Online: Murkmire is coming soon for ESO Plus members and the in-game Crown Store, and it will be available as a Daily Reward for the month of November."

@ZOS_GinaBruno What do you mean by that highlighted part?
    I will show you fear in a handfull of dust.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks cool new arena sounds great I'm weary of the changes to Cyrodill and I wonder what sustain changes will happen and what will happen to damage shields has me a bit worried
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sure hope providing a counterplay opportunity to Damage Shields will happen only against shield stackers. Otherwise, this change will do nothing but force Sorcerers to stack even more
    Edited by Ankael07 on September 13, 2018 2:33PM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally, we have made a series of broad changes to ESO’s combat that are designed to help balance sustain across all Classes, provide counterplay opportunities for Damage Shield Abilities, and improve the effectiveness of Light and Medium Armor Passives.

Keep an eye out for more information on all the changes coming with Update 20 in the near future.

While y'all are at it, why not fix the 4yr long snipe dysnc issue in Cyrodil? Its almost as bad for Tamerials population as the Knahaten Flu(cough cough)...

Sincerely,

All PvPers
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on September 13, 2018 2:36PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aerithone wrote: »
    "The Elder Scrolls Online: Murkmire is coming soon for ESO Plus members and the in-game Crown Store, and it will be available as a Daily Reward for the month of November."

@Aerithone From what I read, it means exactly what it says. In november, you get the dlc as a daily login reward. Probably on the last day of the month.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aerithone From what I read, it means exactly what it says. In november, you get the dlc as a daily login reward. Probably on the last day of the month.

And if they have it require something like 28/30 days, it would exclude a lot of people who travel for the holidays. Which I suppose is their intent.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Gamergirl1973
    Gamergirl1973
    ✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Murkmire and Update 20 Preview. Explore what’s coming with our new zone and learn about the Update 20 base game pack in this preview article!

Will there also be a new character slot available for purchase?
  • AuraNebula
    AuraNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

And if they have it require something like 28/30 days, it would exclude a lot of people who travel for the holidays. Which I suppose is their intent.

Seriously they are basically the Grinch. Stealing peoples travel plans by giving them a free dlc. It's not like they want to reward people who play on a consistent basis. This is all to sabotage every ones Thanksgiving!
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO

I would guess more like 30/30 for a DLC. The 100k gold is 28/30 after all
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So minor stamina steal?
  • Evan8642
    Evan8642
    ✭✭✭
    Still no housing furnishing cap increase /smh shouldn’t this have been addressed before adding some junky music boxes
    Edited by Evan8642 on September 13, 2018 4:08PM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overall, some good changes to Cyrodiil :)

Though I'm worried about this:
    "provide counterplay opportunities for Damage Shield Abilities".

Damage shields are not OP and I can sense there is an incoming unnecessary nerf to the damage shields.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DLC as daily rewards sounds interesting and cool.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "If you survive, you will earn powerful new weapons, such as the Blackrose Greatsword that boosts your Uppercut ability, and new item sets. "
    So, beside blackrose weapons it also will drop new droppable item sets? Like 3 craftable+ 3 droppable arena + 3 overland + blackrose ?
    Edited by Cinbri on September 13, 2018 7:25PM
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please just stop nerfing sorc, I already haven't loaded it up in over a month. You're gonna destroy the game further if you keep nerfing everything
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will there also be a new character slot available for purchase?

omg yes please @ZOS_GinaBruno make us happy :)
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward the upcoming changes in Cyrodiil. I enjoy regular changes to the game to keep things interesting.

Like...one sorc's CC loss is another templar's execute gain ;)
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondering what kind of changes they are talking about when they are talking about medium armor passives
    Edited by Jake1576 on September 13, 2018 5:48PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »

Damage shields are not OP and I can sense there is an incoming unnecessary nerf to the damage shields.

I think we all sensed an unnecessary nerf to damage shields coming when damage shields got the blame for why healers aren't needed in dungeons at the class rep meeting.
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    ...Blackguard, a monstrous band comprised of the ancestors of the prison’s former inmates.
    Are they ancestors or their descendants?
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭

No, it is DEFINITELY necessary. Perpetual Damage Shielded status is NOT okay...
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think we all sensed an unnecessary nerf to damage shields coming when damage shields got the blame for why healers aren't needed in dungeons at the class rep meeting.

It seems the Class Rep program is making more balance issues than balance improvements.
    No offense Reps, it is just isn't working.

No, it is DEFINITELY necessary. Perpetual Damage Shielded status is NOT okay...

Any decent player can go through a sorcerer shields in PVP.
    Also, they provide an OK amount of defense in both PVP and PVE.
    In hard PVE and PVP gameplay the shields are essential and nerfing the shields won't accomplish anything.
    Edited by Universe on September 13, 2018 6:27PM
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
  • corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭
    Since it said it will be available with the daily rewards, does that mean the Launcher will still be broke and we'll miss it because we cant log in. I already missed out on the 100,000 gold and no word from ZOS on fixing that for us that had launcher issues. Guess we'll have to wait and see......
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems the Class Rep program is making more balance issues than balance improvements.

Damage shields were brought up at the meeting by Wrobel, not by the reps.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amazing! Thank you for the music in houses and being able to group + move and undo furniture changes!! And giving us the ability to reorder characters!! :D
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Damage shields were brought up at the meeting by Wrobel, not by the reps.

Well I can't say I'm surprised.
    Though I don't notice a real positive influence made by the Class Rep program on combat balance, but this is a topic for other discussion :)
    Edited by Universe on September 13, 2018 6:54PM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we plz have more info on the shield changes.... their are ALOT of light armor players getting extremely mad rn, myself included
    Edited by ezio45 on September 13, 2018 7:04PM
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people expect way to much from the class reps.
    Their influence is obviously going to be marginal but at least we have some channel to zos now.

On the murkmire news:
    Yet again an update im dreading more then hyping for it.

Hope they dont nerf shields there already extremely limited, i hope the provide counterplay means they add things to other classes to help against shields instead of destroying the entire defense from it for all parts of the game.
    I have very little trust in zos by now. So im going to prepare by looking for alternative hobbies. Haha
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we plz have more info on the shield changes.... their are ALOT of light armor players getting extremely mad rn, myself included

You will have to wait for tommorow. No point in getting angry when you do not have all the info. Plus light and medium armor are getting buff. So it best to wait then getting upset over something not set in stone.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pattyLtd wrote: »
    Some people expect way to much from the class reps.
    Their influence is obviously going to be marginal but at least we have some channel to zos now.

On the murkmire news:
    Yet again an update im dreading more then hyping for it.

Hope they dont nerf shields there already extremely limited, i hope the provide counterplay means they add things to other classes to help against shields instead of destroying the entire defense from it for all parts of the game.
    I have very little trust in zos by now. So im going to prepare by looking for alternative hobbies. Haha

there are already enough counter player for shields

battle spirit halves them making them 8k ( there are abilities in pvp that 1 shot that), on top of that their are cc, shield breaker, sloads, shattering blows, drain poisons, light armors dmg mitigation from resist is already abysmal

and ya i feel ya on the alternative hobbies... this hits pts and ill be finding something else to do for 8-10 hrs a day -_-