The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New form of fun pvp

• Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't work in this game, players at lower level would get rolled over real hard.
    Players with exceptional skill in pvp would gather 100k bounty and wait for people to come at them, kill the bounty hunter roleplayers and tbag them and watch the salt pour in.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    Wouldn't work in this game, players at lower level would get rolled over real hard.
    Players with exceptional skill in pvp would gather 100k bounty and wait for people to come at them, kill the bounty hunter roleplayers and tbag them and watch the salt pour in.

Once again somebody is basing their post off their own depiction of the system. Using points that don't even make sense to say why it would be a bad idea.

Why would it let lower level players get hunted by max level? And you obviously never met a role player if you think they are going to leave the tavern or their player home.

• veloSylraptor
    veloSylraptor
    ✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »

Once again somebody is basing their post off their own depiction of the system. Using points that don't even make sense to say why it would be a bad idea.

Why would it let lower level players get hunted by max level? And you obviously never met a role player if you think they are going to leave the tavern or their player home.

As opposed to basing it off your depiction of the system? Its obviously not going to turn out as great and ideal as you envision it, and they do have genuine concern that has to be addressed.

Personally, I don't mind if they do implement this so long as its optional. As in there are no systemic pressures to participate so that people who don't like it aren't coerced into doing it. And of course, some kind of unconditional opt in/out toggle to make sure that people involved are willing participants and making sure pvp don't happen to people without their consent.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Holden wrote: »
    Hi there, @Micah_Bayer.

Bounty hunting as a new form of pvp sounds like a great idea and we can definitely imagine the fun, tense moments a system like that could lead to in-game! We obviously can't promise this idea will make it in game, but thanks for sharing we really appreciate it.

It was already ruled out during the Justice System discussions
    & needs to remain ruled out PvP should remain in Cryodil & Battlegrounds

“Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As has been stated, this has been discussed over and over ad nauseum.

ZoS has stated that they could not release he second part of the justice system which was a bounty system because it would be too easily exploited. ZOS-Holden is newer employee and was not here when the justice system was being actively discussed by the devs so I doubt he/she is aware of all that went on regarding it.

The other thing is, no matter how you present it, there is a very large portion of the playerbase that wants absolutely nothing to do with PVP, particularly open world PvP, especially forced open world PvP where they have no choice whether tto participate. This would result in a mass exodus of players out of the game.

In short, it's never going to happen

Lastly, you are entitled to your opinion, but you calling people that disagree with you 'pathetic', just serves to justify the opposition that this should never implemented. It makes you look like someone only wants to prey on other players.
    Edited by Katahdin on June 9, 2018 3:40PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we see how inexperienced these new community managers are. But if their job is to shout out "great idea!" and then bury dumb ideas, it's OK.

Put any PvP in Cyro/IC and into a separate DLC for those interested to buy it.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Bounty systems don't work unless they have very weird limitations.

You just get the events which happened on EVE Online for years until they made a system (which isn't compatible with ESO)

When your bounty is high enough, you let a friend kill you and keep the money yourself.

Exactly what happened in ultima online. It can work just people need to put decent thought into the system.
    Xbox One Na
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If there’s an opt out system I’d support it. People have got to remember that people purchased the thieves guild and dark brotherhood with the explicit understanding that they were PVE DLC’s. If you just dump forced PVP into the justice system then your ripping those people off.
    Edited by MattT1988 on June 9, 2018 6:27PM
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed several comments that were baiting in nature. Please remember that posts need to adhere to our forum rules. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    If there’s an opt out system I’d support it. People have got to remember that people purchased the thieves guild and dark brotherhood with the explicit understanding that they were PVE DLC’s. If you just dump forced PVP into the justice system then your ripping those people off.

Of course there would be an opt in and out system. Most of the people hating on it believe that it is forced down their throats. Just opt in or out, it's that easy!
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was the original idea of Thieves guild actually, well.. When they added bounties they originally were going to do bounty hunting on players with bounties.. well that was dropped quickly
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry but no, sounds horrible, I pve because I like pve and I hate pvp. Most players never enter pvp at all because they don’t want to and it’s not fair to force this on them

The only way might be an opt in system, because otherwise it will make the morrowind sustain changes controversy look like a petty little quibble, if millions of happy little crafters suddenly find themselves being ganked it’s going to go nuclear. Put a tick box on the menu for people to opt into, otherwise a lot of folks will just leave.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but no, sounds horrible, I pve because I like pve and I hate pvp. Most players never enter pvp at all because they don’t want to and it’s not fair to force this on them

The only way might be an opt in system, because otherwise it will make the morrowind sustain changes controversy look like a petty little quibble, if millions of happy little crafters suddenly find themselves being ganked it’s going to go nuclear. Put a tick box on the menu for people to opt into, otherwise a lot of folks will just leave.

That was the plan.
    Edited by Micah_Bayer on June 10, 2018 9:18PM
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make a simple bounty system.

Like the billboard quests.

If player X has killed like 5+ people or more. and been playing for a time. he has a chance to get a bounty on his head.
    (Or maybe only top 10 killers on each side can get a bounty)

Player Y then takes a bounty quest from the billboard that marks player X on the map with a moving icon.
    Only the player with the quest can see it and only player Y gets the gold bounty and a token to buy new bounty items or something like that.

If Player X leaves the game the quest will tell you that. so you can keep or go get a new one.

Its all random and cannot be exploited in the same way as if players put bounties on players.
    Edited by kongkim on June 10, 2018 9:27PM
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there, @Micah_Bayer.

Bounty hunting as a new form of pvp sounds like a great idea and we can definitely imagine the fun, tense moments a system like that could lead to in-game! We obviously can't promise this idea will make it in game, but thanks for sharing we really appreciate it.

I can not think of a more awful idea to be honest.
    But then that would be a game I did not play.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there, @Micah_Bayer.

A similar system was scrapped by ESO when DB came out. It was heavily not wanted because bringing open world PvP into a strictly PvE world is a challenging overhaul.

Zos probably could not ensure any system they built could ensure a reliable opt out or they just realized enough would opt out that it was not worth the effort.
    Edited by idk on June 10, 2018 10:29PM
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi there, @Micah_Bayer.

be sure to point out the possibility of losses else it'll be abused due to no faction loyalty (friends playing red or blue while you play yellow and letting themselves back and forward for speedy AP etc.)
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt pvp if they paid me. In any form
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new PVP zone for bounty hunting & perhaps some open world PVP would be refreshing! :) Cyrodiil is great of course but some variety for players that like PVP would be very nice!
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »

If player X has killed like 5+ people or more. and been playing for a time. he has a chance to get a bounty on his head.

Player Y then takes a bounty quest from the billboard that marks player X on the map with a moving icon.
    Only the player with the quest can see it and only player Y gets the gold bounty and a token to buy new bounty items or something like that.

If Player X leaves the game the quest will tell you that. so you can keep or go get a new one.

Its all random and cannot be exploited in the same way as if players put bounties on players.

That is a great idea.
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »

That is a great idea.

Thx :) Think it a system that would work fine.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragnork wrote: »

Oh, I can think of a more awful idea - open world/free-for-all pvp, with the ability to loot the corpse of players you kill! :s
    (and games like that have existed... personally, I can't imagine what kind of masochist you'd have to be to play that.)

Heck, and for a worse idea, take all of that and make it perma-death! >:)

• kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragnork wrote: »

Oh, I can think of a more awful idea - open world/free-for-all pvp, with the ability to loot the corpse of players you kill! :s
    (and games like that have existed... personally, I can't imagine what kind of masochist you'd have to be to play that.)

Heck, and for a worse idea, take all of that and make it perma-death! >:)

Risk vs. reward. A lot of games have that.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused by this OPs headline.

There's a fun type of PvP?

I mean, for the victim, not the perpetrator.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »

I would love to be chased down by people. It would be fun as the victim.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhm... okay... :o

• Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhm... okay... :o

Don't you want to have risk reward? Or only reward is the question. It is a bit boring and of course if I could toggle pvp on myself with a bounty system..it would be awesome to be more self aware at times since I am being ya know..hunted
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi there, @Micah_Bayer.

it wont get in to the game...cuz I proposed this 3 years ago and it was of course rejected as stated above why and with even more reasons than before...sure if you add Open World pvp then it might work but also you will need to remove the ability to trade and interact with players while having a bounty until its paid off and if you get killed while holding a bounty but all money its deposited in the bank the bounty must not go off also the pvp bounty shouldn't drain over time or if it does it should take 4 times more time...also you need to remove the ability of the hunted player to also send in game mails to avoid sending off his gold...yes there is a lot of work to do and a lot of players will complain( as usual) but hey a new year...who knows...I wanted open world pvp since day 1...instead of having it locked to cyrodill… yet you can keep cyrodill as a ava where u can use sieges and stuff but u can also allow players to have open world pvp which I completely agree with...some 1v1 3v3 and 5v5 or 4v4 arena tournament with brackets and specific pvp gear rewards and such would be far better or even better together...
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't work.

Just imagine being on the hunt, hours of hard work, tracking your prey with your Witcher sen-- uhm, scratch the last part. Anyway, your target sees you and goes all "OGM OMG OMG. he's here! mom pull the plug! PULL DA PLUG! aaaah aaaaaaaaaah AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Or, you spend all that time trying to find your mark and then they pay their bounty before you find them. Wasted time.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+