Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Don't join vet dungeons if you are...

• Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd rather take a CP 50 who knows to play and pulls 10-15k dps instead of a 720 CP who spams execute on full hp boss or doesn't communicate. Don't judge a book by its cover.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swirve wrote: »
    hydrocynus wrote: »
    l
    Soleya wrote: »
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    This is simply not true.

Sometimes I want to do a pledge to get undaunted points on an alt and the normal people who i would run vet dungeons with are not on. So instead i get a CP 55 dark elf nightblade spamming ambush as their main form of DPS.

So you'd be happy with a CP160 nightblade doing ambush as their main form of dps? Or perhaps a CP 720 doing that instead.

CP != Skill.

Just think, if everyone was a bit more helpful to the CP 55 players who aren't good, we'd have a lot less complaints about bad players.

This guy gets it!!

Some players choose to not improve... ive tried helping numerous low levels to be better and Ive had in the reply, dont care you will carry me...

And then it's time for vote kick.
    My internet is invalid
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    I've completed vet dungeons with under cp160 players before with no issues, nor were these "carries." I'd rather give an under-cp160 player a shot than deal with a dps who queued as a tank or healer.

What gets me is EVERY TIME I've been in a pug where someone had a fit over there being an low CP player in group it's been someone who wasn't even close to max CP themselves. Yet there I was, usually with another higher cp player, not making an objection and that lower cp player couldn't get a clue.

It has left me with the very distinct impression that there are some CP200-500 players out there who queue for vet dungeon expecting a carry themselves, so when an even lower CP player shows up they get mad because they were hoping to get a group of 3 high CP players to carry their own sorry butts.

I'm certainly not implying the OP is one such players, of course.

I think this is really quite common. I see lots of below max cp players bleeting at players with lower cp. To me, of the people queuing as the right role, these ones are the most toxic and I get most nervous when I group with one or more cp 200-500 cp toons in case i get one of those
    My internet is invalid
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    duendology wrote: »
    Don't pug if you can't handle pug.

^^This exactly. I like to pug, I find it challenging, it makes me a better playing having to sometimes carry other players, its really not a big deal. Stop whinging and crying about pugs...if you dont like to pug...dont.

Its not about having to carry, it's about players incompetent in performing their role, ignoring explanations on mechanics and refusing to be a good group member to the rest of the group. I love running content with newer players and helping them, but I hate wasting my time with people refusing to perform their role.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Guilty...
    NJdyx_s-200x150.gif
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guilty...
    NJdyx_s-200x150.gif

Wait.. Does that mean..? :trollface:
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guilty...
    NJdyx_s-200x150.gif

I always knew you were vicious :)
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have more of a problem with max cp players not knowing what they’re doing, especially ones that main pve than carrying low cp characters. Most of the dungeons are able to be done solo anyways.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soleya wrote: »
    This is simply not true.

Sometimes I want to do a pledge to get undaunted points on an alt and the normal people who i would run vet dungeons with are not on. So instead i get a CP 55 dark elf nightblade spamming ambush as their main form of DPS.

So you'd be happy with a CP160 nightblade doing ambush as their main form of dps? Or perhaps a CP 720 doing that instead.

CP != Skill.

Just think, if everyone was a bit more helpful to the CP 55 players who aren't good, we'd have a lot less complaints about bad players.

No I wouldn't. I don't know why you would think I would be happy with that. I had a 655CP DD a bit back who was a DK doing resto heavy attacks as his only form of DPS.

Yeah CP doesn't mean anything I was just giving an example. However, it is more likely that a cp 720 will be able to pull their own weight than a CP 55 being able to pull their own weight.

When I see a player in a dungeon doing very poorly in their role, I always try to hit them up in text chat (politely) and ask if they would like help with their build or skills or anything. 9 Out of 10 times, I am completely ignored. These players don't want to learn. They have a "I want to play as I want and anyone trying to tell me differently is an elitist" mentality. They don't care they are actively wasting the time of others, they are perfectly ok to be mired in their own ignorance.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cal50 wrote: »
    not cp 160 or higher. Especially if you are dd, people can't carry you all way.

id rather have a cp 160 dps that doesnt die continuously than a max level dps who cant live for anything cause a dead dps does zero dps.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    Last time I quit a vet dungeon was because a cp300ish DD brought their CP10 DD friend with them into Banished cells, which is an easy dungeon, but OH MY GOD their DPS was pitiful. After the first boss the tank tried multiple times to kick the CP10 but the other DD kept voting no. So after the 25minutes it took to kill the clanfear boss we decided to leave.

I dont mind if lower levels come into a vet dungeon, but you better perform at the peak of your levels ability otherwise it just gets so boring and drags on and on. I was buffing with spell power cure, combat prayer and resource regen the entire time, there is no excuse to be putting down such little DPS, I have to assume they were in below 50 gear or non-set. By the end of the clanfear fight I was just using one finger to hit combat prayer over and over out of boredom. I am sure I could have sped up the fight by doing DPS with my healer, but then the tank and I might as well have run it as a duo. If the DDs want to drag down the group I refuse to pick up their slack.

The only thing worse than PVE, is PVE with low dps DDs.

It's often the case that I'll heal a group AND do 40%+ of the DPS. If that's in normal mode, why should I mind?

But I agree that people who group for vet should actually know what they're doing.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on April 26, 2018 1:39AM
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather everyone worry about what they're doing, not what everybody else does.... Do your job... your job is not telling me what to do... You're not the boss of me...LOL
    Besides Vet. Banished cells is THE WORST....
    Edited by Sting864 on April 26, 2018 2:01AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »
    I made a healer for the first time. I just heal on one bar and dps on the other. Sometimes i do 50 to 60 % of dps according to com at metrics. I dont care. Ya it takes longer i am still able to have fun tho.

Man when u get good dps its no death and if u blink du geon is done.

I queue almost entirely as healer. And yeah -- that's the right attitude. In a really good group, healing is trivial and hence somewhat boring.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its funny everyone seems to care what everyone else is doing and not what they are doing..

If you fail a dungeon because of people messing up is it really the end of the world.. I mean really you missed one virtual dungeon.. whoa.

END of time and space right?
  • LaveniaRose
    LaveniaRose
    ✭✭✭
    I always love this line of reason, don't queue in a vet dungeon if you're not cp160. Don't join a vet dungeon group unless you've already optimized your rotation, gear, and knowledge of mechanics. How to practice all of those things in a real situation? Join a vet dungeon. I mean it's such circular logic.

Besides, I'm really grateful to the players that put up with me when I was clueless and low CP. My initial dungeons "builds" were truly fantastic (think taking over 5 minutes to overload a boss to death while the high CP healer and tank stood patiently by). But it was those experiences that convinced me to switch from doing only overland content to trying out the rest of the game.
    Edited by LaveniaRose on April 26, 2018 4:25AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikemacon wrote: »
    What is even more irritating to me on vet dungeons are the self-centered DDs who don’t want to wait in queue and instead join as fake tanks.

Not a problem on even vet dungeons for the most part (non-DLC)...so long as the DDs are up to snuff.

But when the fake tank is a low CP guy himself, doesn’t bother slotting even inner fire, and yet somehow winds up pulling aggro then running around screaming as the boss melts him - dragging said boss out of AOEs...yeah. Fun.

There was a guy yesterday farming vet Blackheart as a fake tank. Not really a problem usually - soloable on vet. But combining the low DPS of one of the DDs (most usually a stam character who LA bow spams *facepalm*) and Cap’n Selfish the Fake Tank, made the dungeon brutal.

Second time through the dungeon, got him again (I was also farming Bone Pirate), asked if he at least had a taunt slotted.

His response? “Not a real tank lmao”.

Menu>social>group>leave group.

Buh bye.

Re-queued after the 15 minute cooldown, got paired up with skippy again.

Yeah...done farming that dungeon for the day...
    I swear I got this same guy today. Or maybe it was his twin brother. Or maybe it was his cousin Steve. In any case, I ended up running through a dungeon without a tank today thanks to some idiot, although it was a normal dungeon so I wasn't too bothered.
  • ReverseVenom
    ReverseVenom
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people are talking about having to carry or slowing the dungeon down but honestly if you're doing a vet dungeon under 160 you are being selfish more than anything. You pick up gear that you're gonna replace the moment you hit 160 and you are depriving all three other group members of whatever piece they need if you happen to get it. It takes very little time to lvl to cp 160 and Zos has continuously made it quicker for newer players to do so. Either go grind or do normals. It's not elitist to want at least everyone above 160 in your group, especially if you've been farming the same dungeon for hours and hours. I'm not gonna risk a last ring I need dropping for a 135 when he won't even end up using it anyways.
    Nerf mudcrabs
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    What is even more irritating to me on vet dungeons are the self-centered DDs who don’t want to wait in queue and instead join as fake tanks.

Not a problem on even vet dungeons for the most part (non-DLC)...so long as the DDs are up to snuff.

But when the fake tank is a low CP guy himself, doesn’t bother slotting even inner fire, and yet somehow winds up pulling aggro then running around screaming as the boss melts him - dragging said boss out of AOEs...yeah. Fun.

There was a guy yesterday farming vet Blackheart as a fake tank. Not really a problem usually - soloable on vet. But combining the low DPS of one of the DDs (most usually a stam character who LA bow spams *facepalm*) and Cap’n Selfish the Fake Tank, made the dungeon brutal.

Second time through the dungeon, got him again (I was also farming Bone Pirate), asked if he at least had a taunt slotted.

Buh bye.

I swear I got this same guy today. Or maybe it was his twin brother. Or maybe it was his cousin Steve. In any case, I ended up running through a dungeon without a tank today thanks to some idiot, although it was a normal dungeon so I wasn't too bothered.

As long as the player has a taunt and can survive easily, it is perfectly acceptable for a damage dealer to queue as a tank in a normal dungeon. When I’m farming gear and can’t find anyone in my guilds who wants to help, I always do it on my pet sorc that has 17k health, queued as a tank. I don’t die, and because I always taunt the boss, my group mates don’t die either (unless they do something stupid that would have resulted in their death even if I were on my meta DK tank). I self-heal with power surge and have 100% uptime on Hardened Ward. I always chuckle to myself when the odd person here or there realizes after the first boss that I’m a damage dealer and complains about me being a “fake” tank in those situations. It’s like:

13ihw4.jpg?a423504
    Edited by Aurielle on April 27, 2018 4:23PM
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    Aesthier wrote: »
    They carried me easily.

Perhaps your back just isn't as strong as it needs to be :smiley:

For all those who would normally complain in other threads how easy the game is instead of getting naked and doing WB's...

Might I suggest trying "Carry a Noob" handicap instead?

They could make a leaderboard of the names that carried the lowest CP toon through the highest level of content.

I completely agree. People complain about how gravy content is, then complain about having to do a little more work because someone else isnt as leet as them. Want a challenge? Dont be an elitist that only plays with other elitists. Run some casuals/average players/noobs through your content. Help them learn, carry them as they learn.

Elitists dont seem to want to do the hardest content of all, helping average players complete content they find to be gravy. Maybe it wouldnt be gravy if they didnt play with a bunch of overachievers who turn gaming into a doctorate and who focus constantly on "being the best".

You want a real hardmode, play with average players and complete content. Then i will be impressed.

That would be two completely different personalities...

One is being the best you can at the game and playing at a high caliber, and the other is just being a teacher. Apples to oranges.

I do agree that it would be helpful for people to teach others so the current player base can become better at the game, but that doesn’t fit with everyone’s motive. I’ve been guilty of it, and still am, of getting irritated when I can’t just steamroll through everything because it’s extremely easy. But patience, like many, is not my virtue and not why I choose to play.

There’s so many sub cultures of people in the game, and elitists are just one of those. Don’t quite understand why they’re the most talked down to out of all of the different groups.
  • Navras
    Navras
    ✭✭✭
    Don't join Vet dungeons if you don't play the role you are queued for. I can play a vet pug with an 8k dps damage dealer but playing with a tank on 13k HP wearing staff\bow or with a healer without healing spells is just a bad experience.
    EU-PC
    cp 1500+
    Flawless Conqueror & Spirit Slayer

Main: Templar
    Alt: Stamblade, StamDK
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gimme all the noobs. I’ll teach em all as best I can. It might bring about abit humility in this game when they in turn start teaching their friends the mechanics and so on and so on. I’ve been matched with CP 130s who have more of a clue than some of the CP 720s I’ve encountered. Just cause we’re max doesn’t make us some kind of divine being.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just did today HM pledges with Tank + 3 DPS. BC/Wayrest 1.

Sub 160 CP can easily do them.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One thing for sure, a level of character is certainly NOT defined by a CP stat. If you're so hell-bent on playing with others of equal abilities, don't queue a PUG. Join a guild and form your own groups. Simple as that.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

Buh bye.

As long as the player has a taunt and can survive easily, it is perfectly acceptable for a damage dealer to queue as a tank in a normal dungeon. When I’m farming gear and can’t find anyone in my guilds who wants to help, I always do it on my pet sorc that has 17k health, queued as a tank. I don’t die, and because I always taunt the boss, my group mates don’t die either (unless they do something stupid that would have resulted in their death even if I were on my meta DK tank). I self-heal with power surge and have 100% uptime on Hardened Ward. I always chuckle to myself when the odd person here or there realizes after the first boss that I’m a damage dealer and complains about me being a “fake” tank in those situations. It’s like:

13ihw4.jpg?a423504

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HG1IaDAADw
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    160cp for vet dungeons/ 300cp for vet dlc dungeons.

Its really not that mush to ask for. Cp is front loaded and is earned fast.

Also, carrying to a extent is fine but when it leads to a 2 hour non-completion then its just frustrating.
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're coming in with your PVP gear as a sword and board damage dealer doing 5k DPS, with your snipe spamming PVP buddy doing another 5k DPS, while I'm pulling 50% group DPS just from my elemental blockade and shards as a healer.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    160cp for vet dungeons/ 300cp for vet dlc dungeons.

Its really not that mush to ask for. Cp is front loaded and is earned fast.

Also, carrying to a extent is fine but when it leads to a 2 hour non-completion then its just frustrating.

What classic dungeon is taking you 2 hours to complete with people sub 160?

300 CP is already being changed for DLC dungeons <that I agree with>

Remember: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/376066/pts-patch-notes-v3-2-4/p1 <Roughly had to dig this old update up>

Vet CoA2/CoH2 are already bumped up to CP 160 min. The only other difficult ones would be Fungal Grotto 2/BC2/Darkshade 2
    Edited by karekiz on April 28, 2018 6:18PM
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aesthier wrote: »
    They carried me easily.

Perhaps your back just isn't as strong as it needs to be :smiley:

For all those who would normally complain in other threads how easy the game is instead of getting naked and doing WB's...

Might I suggest trying "Carry a Noob" handicap instead?

They could make a leaderboard of the names that carried the lowest CP toon through the highest level of content.

I completely agree. People complain about how gravy content is, then complain about having to do a little more work because someone else isnt as leet as them. Want a challenge? Dont be an elitist that only plays with other elitists. Run some casuals/average players/noobs through your content. Help them learn, carry them as they learn.

Elitists dont seem to want to do the hardest content of all, helping average players complete content they find to be gravy. Maybe it wouldnt be gravy if they didnt play with a bunch of overachievers who turn gaming into a doctorate and who focus constantly on "being the best".

You want a real hardmode, play with average players and complete content. Then i will be impressed.

It's one thing to carry another dps,but to be in the tanks position sucks.Have two light attacking idiots in a group and it becomes not challenging,but overwhelmingly annoying.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can relate to this, Its just part of PUG life. Funny thing is i occasionally see threads about how some low levels hate playing with strong players because they speed through the dungeons and/or offer unsolicited advice.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't join vet dungeons if you aren't actually gonna do them. I was healing spindleclutch 2 last night with a slightly okay tank and some horrible dps. right as we get to the gargoyle, the tank says "ssleep sorry" and leaves. It's not the first time i've had tired people queue up for dungeons and then leave 2 minutes in because they're falling asleep. Why queue anyway?
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |