Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Don't join vet dungeons if you are...

• hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    hydrocynus wrote: »
    ".... not willing to help other people through the dungeon because they are incapable of finishing a dungeon without other people to help them. "

OP that means you my friend. You are the one that should not be using it.

Seriously. The people that moan about inexperienced people grouping with them are the same people that have to rely on others to carry them through this content.

If you want to group with good players then find a guild and play with them. But I bet you have already tried that op haven't you. I bet you tried it and it's probably filled with Elitist snobs that don't want to group with you isn't it?

I wonder who could be the problem here....

That being said, the activity finder is a grab bag. If you are not happy with what you get out of it then there is only so much complaining we can do because we chose to go in there. However it sucks that people queue into content expecting a carry.

Exactly right. Know What you are getting yourself in for

I promise you right now. The really good players who use the grouping tool are well aware that they may get inexperienced players in their group and they honestly don't mind.
    My internet is invalid
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is even more irritating to me on vet dungeons are the self-centered DDs who don’t want to wait in queue and instead join as fake tanks.

Not a problem on even vet dungeons for the most part (non-DLC)...so long as the DDs are up to snuff.

But when the fake tank is a low CP guy himself, doesn’t bother slotting even inner fire, and yet somehow winds up pulling aggro then running around screaming as the boss melts him - dragging said boss out of AOEs...yeah. Fun.

There was a guy yesterday farming vet Blackheart as a fake tank. Not really a problem usually - soloable on vet. But combining the low DPS of one of the DDs (most usually a stam character who LA bow spams *facepalm*) and Cap’n Selfish the Fake Tank, made the dungeon brutal.

Second time through the dungeon, got him again (I was also farming Bone Pirate), asked if he at least had a taunt slotted.

His response? “Not a real tank lmao”.

Menu>social>group>leave group.

Buh bye.

Re-queued after the 15 minute cooldown, got paired up with skippy again.

Yeah...done farming that dungeon for the day...
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ".... not willing to help other people through the dungeon because you are incapable of finishing a dungeon without other people to help you. "

Seriously. The people that moan about inexperienced people grouping with them are the same people that have to rely on others to carry them through this content.

If you want to group with good players then find a guild and play with them. But I bet you have already tried that op haven't you. I bet you tried it and it's probably filled with Elitist snobs that don't want to group with you isn't it?

9 out of 10 groups run smoothly and the dungeon eventually gets cleared, but every 1 in 10 you get people who drag down the group and cause a failure.

You're saying those 9 out of 10 times I am being carried and we only fail when I end up with group member(s) who cant carry me?

You are basing this assumption only on forums posts?
    [DC/NA]
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikemacon wrote: »
    What is even more irritating to me on vet dungeons are the self-centered DDs who don’t want to wait in queue and instead join as fake tanks.

Not a problem on even vet dungeons for the most part (non-DLC)...so long as the DDs are up to snuff.

But when the fake tank is a low CP guy himself, doesn’t bother slotting even inner fire, and yet somehow winds up pulling aggro then running around screaming as the boss melts him - dragging said boss out of AOEs...yeah. Fun.

There was a guy yesterday farming vet Blackheart as a fake tank. Not really a problem usually - soloable on vet. But combining the low DPS of one of the DDs (most usually a stam character who LA bow spams *facepalm*) and Cap’n Selfish the Fake Tank, made the dungeon brutal.

Second time through the dungeon, got him again (I was also farming Bone Pirate), asked if he at least had a taunt slotted.

Buh bye.

Try vote kick first. This grates me aswell. I really wish we could get a culture of vote kicking the fake tanks
    My internet is invalid
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    ".... not willing to help other people through the dungeon because you are incapable of finishing a dungeon without other people to help you. "

9 out of 10 groups run smoothly and the dungeon eventually gets cleared, but every 1 in 10 you get people who drag down the group and cause a failure.

You're saying those 9 out of 10 times I am being carried and we only fail when I end up with group member(s) who cant carry me?

I am basing this on my own experience using the grouping tool.
    My internet is invalid
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And if it's 1 in 10. Seriously. Why get upset?
    My internet is invalid
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ".... not willing to help other people through the dungeon because they are incapable of finishing a dungeon without other people to help them. "

That being said, the activity finder is a grab bag. If you are not happy with what you get out of it then there is only so much complaining we can do because we chose to go in there. However it sucks that people queue into content expecting a carry.

I promise you right now. The really good players who use the grouping tool are well aware that they may get inexperienced players in their group and they honestly don't mind.

I mean, yeah i'm aware. That doesn't mean that when I have to do 90-95% of the damage i am happy to be there.

This game is all about making us repeat content and activities, that means i want them to go as quick as possible, sometimes I don't have people online that I know that can make it go as quickly as possible. So i use the activity finder. When the other DD or both DDs are good (depending on my role) then I am happy. When one or both is bad, I get mad. I don't let it ruin my day or anything but it's still annoying.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is simply not true.

Sometimes I want to do a pledge to get undaunted points on an alt and the normal people who i would run vet dungeons with are not on. So instead i get a CP 55 dark elf nightblade spamming ambush as their main form of DPS.

So you'd be happy with a CP160 nightblade doing ambush as their main form of dps? Or perhaps a CP 720 doing that instead.

CP != Skill.

Just think, if everyone was a bit more helpful to the CP 55 players who aren't good, we'd have a lot less complaints about bad players.
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l
    Soleya wrote: »
    This is simply not true.

Sometimes I want to do a pledge to get undaunted points on an alt and the normal people who i would run vet dungeons with are not on. So instead i get a CP 55 dark elf nightblade spamming ambush as their main form of DPS.

So you'd be happy with a CP160 nightblade doing ambush as their main form of dps? Or perhaps a CP 720 doing that instead.

CP != Skill.

Just think, if everyone was a bit more helpful to the CP 55 players who aren't good, we'd have a lot less complaints about bad players.

This guy gets it!!
    Edited by hydrocynus on April 23, 2018 3:39PM
    My internet is invalid
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is simply not true.

CP != Skill.

No I wouldn't. I don't know why you would think I would be happy with that. I had a 655CP DD a bit back who was a DK doing resto heavy attacks as his only form of DPS.

Yeah CP doesn't mean anything I was just giving an example. However, it is more likely that a cp 720 will be able to pull their own weight than a CP 55 being able to pull their own weight.

When I see a player in a dungeon doing very poorly in their role, I always try to hit them up in text chat (politely) and ask if they would like help with their build or skills or anything. 9 Out of 10 times, I am completely ignored. These players don't want to learn. They have a "I want to play as I want and anyone trying to tell me differently is an elitist" mentality. They don't care they are actively wasting the time of others, they are perfectly ok to be mired in their own ignorance.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And if it's 1 in 10. Seriously. Why get upset?

Because queues arent instant and my time was wasted.
    [DC/NA]
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That couldn't be more incorrect. I find some of the biggest jerks in the group finder are fully geared people looking to farm a dungeon for jewelry or a certain item etc, or just wanting to do the random daily. They are the first to start booting anybody out of group that aren't like 300 cp for FG 1.
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That couldn't be more incorrect. I find some of the biggest jerks in the group finder are fully geared people looking to farm a dungeon for jewelry or a certain item etc, or just wanting to do the random daily. They are the first to start booting anybody out of group that aren't like 300 cp for FG 1.

I say again. The really good players don't mind. Those you mention above are not that.
    My internet is invalid
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    This falls on the developers shoulders imo.
  • mike_skleinub17_ESO
    I used Activity finder extensively while level my sorc and healer on XB NA over the past 3 weeks or so. Mostly I got tired of dolmens and doing nausea inducing story content for the 7th or 8th time. I always tried to contribute, even when 720s are in there. I just smile to myself and think "this is gonna be a good run".

There was a 25 DPS in WGT normal this weekend. Not 25 CP...25. The other DPS wasn't much better. I left. As a healer I'm not wasting my time and energy trying to keep a noob alive where they don't belong. There aint enough mana or recovery in the world for that.
  • BeefyMrTips
    BeefyMrTips
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are a DPS and you select Healer=)
    Mr. was my Father's name, just the tips is fine.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just because someone took the time to learn the game, grind up CP and gear themselves out, which enables them to solo some of the easier vet dungeons we are expected to carry 3 bad players any time they happen to land in our group? Keep in mind I said specifcally 'bad' not average, low level, not noobs, BAD players based on how they are performing at the time.

Worst part is these bad players tend to never talk. If they would simply say something like "I am sorry...what am I doing wrong? How do I get better?" But most of them simply stand there like an NPC and light attack and ignore chat.

Had a run of nWGT the other day where I was tank and the other 3 would simply never hit the button to take focus off me. I must have told them to hit the button about a dozen times after wiped and then finally one spoke up and said "what button?" after I explained what to activate we cleared it first try no deaths. I can deal with players learning and improving, but they have to want to learn and get better, I am not looking to carry dead weight. Carrying bad players just keeps them bad for longer.
    [DC/NA]
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    Don't pug if you can't handle pug.

^^This exactly. I like to pug, I find it challenging, it makes me a better playing having to sometimes carry other players, its really not a big deal. Stop whinging and crying about pugs...if you dont like to pug...dont.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikemacon wrote: »

Buh bye.

It’s a pain but this is exactly what vote kick is for. Unless with friends mostly these votes go through. If you leave the group you just punish yourself and let these a-holes get away with their antisocial behaviour.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not queued under the right role, don't meet ZOS' requirements or are unwilling to give it your all. Thats it.
    Edited by Sparr0w on April 23, 2018 4:45PM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • SJD_Phoenix
    SJD_Phoenix
    ✭✭✭
    Queing for the non DLC dungeons for pledges only to get a CP57 and a CP120 as my dps, not being able to kill Captain Blackheart because we get over ran by skeletons. Really frustrating.

And like someone said earlier sometimes the people you usually run with aren’t available.

But we come back to the old issue of not enough stuff in this game teaches players adequately on how to perform their role.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a healer for the first time. I just heal on one bar and dps on the other. Sometimes i do 50 to 60 % of dps according to com at metrics. I dont care. Ya it takes longer i am still able to have fun tho.

Man when u get good dps its no death and if u blink du geon is done.
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this more a trials based comment than vet dungeon, regarding leet know it all no lifers.

when in avet trial with a certain billy big balls, giving the big i am speech and we must follow his lead blah blah cos he's the greatest blah blah.

good job we didnt follow his lead, he was dead in the first mob pull in VAA, the only one that died by the way, i was sat there tapping buttons with a smirk on my face while he lay dead at me feet, couldnt of scripted it any better if i wanted to.

Help people, dont put them down, advise them, dont put them down, and the biggest thing to remember, you were that player once aswell, so dont put them down, in the end you will just get laughed at.
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • Ertthewolf
    Ertthewolf
    ✭✭✭
    I have brought players off all kinds through every Vet regular and dlc dungeon out there on my werewolf. Carries are fine, but ultimately the goal is teaching them the ropes. Instances like the many times soloing Skoria on Vet for example, when all the platforms are gone gets a lot of attention from players. I get a lot of guild members by helping and showing them builds after a carry.

We were all there once :smile:
    Edited by Ertthewolf on April 23, 2018 5:20PM
  • IndianaGeoff
    IndianaGeoff
    ✭✭✭
    When I see a player in a dungeon doing very poorly in their role, I always try to hit them up in text chat (politely) and ask if they would like help with their build or skills or anything. 9 Out of 10 times, I am completely ignored. These players don't want to learn. They have a "I want to play as I want and anyone trying to tell me differently is an elitist" mentality. They don't care they are actively wasting the time of others, they are perfectly ok to be mired in their own ignorance.

Because everyone has been trained to land in the dungeon, run off and never look back. If more people started with a hello and a word or two, chat would matter. Most days, why even look at chat for anything but an occasional TY GG at the end.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've completed vet dungeons with under cp160 players before with no issues, nor were these "carries." I'd rather give an under-cp160 player a shot than deal with a dps who queued as a tank or healer.

What gets me is EVERY TIME I've been in a pug where someone had a fit over there being an low CP player in group it's been someone who wasn't even close to max CP themselves. Yet there I was, usually with another higher cp player, not making an objection and that lower cp player couldn't get a clue.

It has left me with the very distinct impression that there are some CP200-500 players out there who queue for vet dungeon expecting a carry themselves, so when an even lower CP player shows up they get mad because they were hoping to get a group of 3 high CP players to carry their own sorry butts.

I'm certainly not implying the OP is one such players, of course.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Heka Cain
    Heka Cain
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Boss! Right Away Boss!
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I really wish I never purchased the DLC dungeons. Massive mistake. Especially Shadows of the Hist.

About 1/3 of my Vet random Group Finder pugs are in Ruins of Mazzatun whether it’s the daily or not.

You can't queue for vet DLC dungeons unless you're CP 300 anymore as of Summerset.

I would like to see a CP 160 minimum for level II dungeons.

Level I doesn't need a minimum.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 23, 2018 5:35PM
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hang fire.... let me get this clear... you do vet dungeons with pug groups... holy cow... :#

I salute you courage sir/madam, even while in doubting your sanity :/
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    l
    This is simply not true.

CP != Skill.

This guy gets it!!

Some players choose to not improve... ive tried helping numerous low levels to be better and Ive had in the reply, dont care you will carry me...