The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

32 Scale Caller crates, 0 mounts

• Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    If you go into them expecting mounts you'll pretty much always be disappointed.

Just check the Flame Atronach crate stats here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n1kdrywYmgjx290QwGJj9TT1Y8z4GfEMhvQ8kQnKL5g/edit#gid=1735419534

0.24% for Radiant Apex
    2% for Apex

There is also that thread where someone used over 1,000 and wanted to get a specific mount and didn't. I thought this was part of the reason for gems, to give players a chance to bypass the bad rates if they invested enough money.
    However ZOS had to go add the Radiant level without a gems options, pretty much the lowest move they've pulled with the store with nothing to defend against it being a greedy grab for more money.

Love ZOS as a company, it has amazing people. Despise these choices and and those who think it makes our game better. :disappointed:

I'm quite sure the droprates are not equal for everyone. (I doubt they are only a percentage as you said, there is more variables than that).
    I think it also change with the number of collectibles you have already, and with the money you spent in crown store.
    I've seen a lot of news players with rare mounts ( and more often than olds accounts) in game, and from my experience I've been more lucky while opening my crates on NA (almost nothing in collection) than EU server. (I have a lot of items there).

Sadly, I don't have any number for prove my hypothesis. But, it should be easy to check by asking to new and old players to share what they have when they are buying crates, and compare droprates for both groups for start.
    Edited by Wrubius_Coronaria on March 15, 2018 3:26PM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I view my free crates more as a source of gems as them containing junk is a given. I didn't want anything in this lot anyway, except the zorse and I bought that directly with my free gemmies. :)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    No way???? LOL, but yeah. That is crappy RNG. Oh well. Lesson learned - no more crates for me. Another ZoS revenue stream diminished :)

There is no "crappy" RNG. It is rng. You can have an apex reward in every crate or you can have none. A chance of 1% doesn't mean you will get your reward at least in your 100st crate.

I bought 15 crates last year and was utterly disappointed. Guess what I bought 15 Scalecaller Crates (not opened yet) with the notion in mind I will get disappointed and have wasted 30 bucks. And I still did it. That's the thing with crates.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Sgtmeg
    Sgtmeg
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the pack of 15 due to a surplus of crowns and interest, since this is the first time the apex mounts have looked good to me. Got the Frostbane horse and a couple legendary drops out of it, nothing I particularly wanted but I can't complain. Wouldn't have bought them if I knew what they'd drop, but that's the idea. You buy for the dream of good luck, and then have the gems to get what you really want to make you feel better after any disappointment. Weird that people say the free crates are guaranteed to be garbage though. I saw plenty of apex mounts milling around before today, and I got two spare cards and a gold out of mine :\
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    No way???? LOL, but yeah. That is crappy RNG. Oh well. Lesson learned - no more crates for me. Another ZoS revenue stream diminished :)

There is no "crappy" RNG. It is rng. You can have an apex reward in every crate or you can have none. A chance of 1% doesn't mean you will get your reward at least in your 100st crate.

I bought 15 crates last year and was utterly disappointed. Guess what I bought 15 Scalecaller Crates (not opened yet) with the notion in mind I will get disappointed and have wasted 30 bucks. And I still did it. That's the thing with crates.

That's not actually how the math works. There is no guarantee that you would get the 1% drop in the 100th, but there would be a 50% chance you would get it by your 50th.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »

That's not actually how the math works. There is no guarantee that you would get the 1% drop in the 100th, but there would be a 50% chance you would get it by your 50th.

That's exactly the point (even if my math was wrong). The math isn't applying to the "real life mechanics" here. Lottery has a chance of 1:100.000.000 to win the top price so it's tiny yet every week someone wins. Rng isn't favouring anybody or anything. It's just rng.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Caitsith wrote: »

Just check the Flame Atronach crate stats here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n1kdrywYmgjx290QwGJj9TT1Y8z4GfEMhvQ8kQnKL5g/edit#gid=1735419534

0.24% for Radiant Apex
    2% for Apex

There is also that thread where someone used over 1,000 and wanted to get a specific mount and didn't. I thought this was part of the reason for gems, to give players a chance to bypass the bad rates if they invested enough money.
    However ZOS had to go add the Radiant level without a gems options, pretty much the lowest move they've pulled with the store with nothing to defend against it being a greedy grab for more money.

Love ZOS as a company, it has amazing people. Despise these choices and and those who think it makes our game better. :disappointed:

I'm quite sure the droprates are not equal for everyone. (I doubt they are only a percentage as you said, there is more variables than that).
    I think it also change with the number of collectibles you have already, and with the money you spent in crown store.
    I've seen a lot of news players with rare mounts ( and more often than olds accounts) in game, and from my experience I've been more lucky while opening my crates on NA (almost nothing in collection) than EU server. (I have a lot of items there).

Sadly, I don't have any number for prove my hypothesis. But, it should be easy to check by asking to new and old players to share what they have when they are buying crates, and compare droprates for both groups for start.

After opening a certain number of crates, you most probably have just about every item except the apex/radiant apex mounts. Doesn't really seem to help you any with the rng.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/365819/im-disappointed-zos-rare-mounts/p1

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/374682/the-tale-of-1000-crates-and-the-missing-plague-husk-horse/p1

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/373783/for-those-of-you-who-feel-the-drop-rate-is-bad-with-crown-crates-225-crown-crates-later/p1
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    35 opened,got sabre cat i already had,0 mounts,rest potions and scrolls,waste of money
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes... the fake "RNG" maths ZOS uses seem more off than usual.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got 2 mounts in my pack but didnt get my radiant apex i so so sooo need. Like not kidding .. need the senche
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I opened 250 crates, the only mounts I got was the regular sabercat, frostbane bear and frostbane wolf. Everything else was potions, scrolls, clothing, and anything else cosmetic wise.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soo well...after 160 opened crates - not ONE mount...there's that LOL
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭

I feel your pain, haha.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klasen wrote: »

I feel your pain, haha.

220 now, still not one mount...lol...okay thats my budget

lol i think it would be nice if they implemented a mechanic that after 100 crown crates, like every 50 crates your chances for apex doubles or something like that
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on March 15, 2018 5:18PM
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed several unnecessary and baiting comments from this thread. Please keep in mind that directing personal insults at another forum member is inappropriate. Be sure to keep this discussion civil and respectful moving forward. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

0.24% for Radiant Apex
    2% for Apex

After opening a certain number of crates, you most probably have just about every item except the apex/radiant apex mounts. Doesn't really seem to help you any with the rng.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/365819/im-disappointed-zos-rare-mounts/p1

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/374682/the-tale-of-1000-crates-and-the-missing-plague-husk-horse/p1

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/373783/for-those-of-you-who-feel-the-drop-rate-is-bad-with-crown-crates-225-crown-crates-later/p1

I've had worse luck on my PC account than on my XB account. XB is my main account, where I have lots of collectibles. PC, very few. And, I tend to do better on XB. You'd have to get a very sizable sample size before you could prove/disprove your hypothesis. That we have had the opposite experience would show that a lot more data is needed.

Also, I had worse luck overall with these free crates than any other, as I didn't get any mount. In previous ones, I always got one on XB (none on PC), though it was usually one I already had (more gems for me!). Also, I never got a bonus card and no gold cards this time. Does that mean the drop rates are lower? Could be, but any adjustments to drop rates can't be construed from just my experience.

I'm not even sure there is a large enough sample size from the data that's been collected to draw more than a general sense of how low the drop rates are on the apex and radiant apex mounts.

Unless ZOS posts the odds (which they won't) we'll always be guessing and speculating and using anecdotal evidence to prove something one way or the other. Even coming up with hypotheses that say there are additional variables involved.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to not buy crates when they introduced the radiant apex mounts. Since you can and most likely will end up spending vast amounts of dollars on crates and still not end up with the mount you want and you cant ever buy it even if you invest big. If they made radiant mounts purchasable for 1 or 2k gems Id feel different...alas...

PC EU
    PvP only
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about you stop buying crates you gambling addicts till zos stops selling them?
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That sucks op. Pacrooti is a sly devil
    Why do you think he gave up the Hireling side business?

This is far more profitable for him.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    That sucks op. Pacrooti is a sly devil
    Why do you think he gave up the Hireling side business?

This is far more profitable for him.

Lmao! I like to think of him as being like a mischievous demi-god
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

0.24% for Radiant Apex
    2% for Apex

Gotta say I tend to lean towards this being a possibility, especially since ZoS consitently refuse to publish any official odds.

I've consitently spent money on crowns on top of my sub, I've consistently allocated budget twiards crates simply to throw the dice and I have consistently seen drop odds below those recorded in the aggregated sheets that community members have done. It does make me at least open to the possibility that ZOS have put some kind of weighting against those who willingly spend money to reduce our odds of getting apex or radiant drops in the hopes we will continue to spend.

It would be great if those doing the aggregating could break down the high end drop rates against players buying 0-15, 15-30, 30-60, 60-120 and so on to test whether there is a reduced drop rate for those who spend more or if it is just that some of us have lousy RNG luck and should stay away from any form of randomness where possible.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think there should be at least a guaranteed apex/legendary drop depending on the bundle you buy. TES Legends does it, and nobody complains about RNG in card packs there.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't liked any of the Apex mounts yet, much less the Radiant Apex ones. So when I buy crates and don't get one it's a bonus. I've gotten an atronauch camel and a green forest or whatever it was senche. Both wastes of a collectible slot. If I could donate or sell them I would. I wish we could trade in anything we get and don't want into gems not just repeats of things we already have.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but Ni No Kuni 2 > 15 crates
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's manipulative and sick.
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    Kodrac wrote: »
    I haven't liked any of the Apex mounts yet, much less the Radiant Apex ones. So when I buy crates and don't get one it's a bonus. I've gotten an atronauch camel and a green forest or whatever it was senche. Both wastes of a collectible slot. If I could donate or sell them I would. I wish we could trade in anything we get and don't want into gems not just repeats of things we already have.

This is something I would really like to see them implement. If we get a collectable we don't want from the crates, we should be able to trade it for gems just like all the other items.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seeing people opening hundreds of crates I cant help but wonder... where the hell is all that money going? We still have terrible ping, loading screen and fps issues
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap THAT many crates?

After so many the game needs to drop a life-size stuffed Pacrooti furniture item.

Because that’s what your character would do with the little cheat!
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    After so many the game needs to drop a life-size stuffed Pacrooti furniture item.

Lol yesss. I can get behind that. Or better yet a Pacrooti training dummy. That you can just beat and beat and beat

Edited by Glockcoma725 on March 15, 2018 8:57PM
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    And this is why you should not buy crates.

Out of the three free crates I got, I got the Frostbane Bear in the first crate. It is pretty cool but out of 32 crates, you should have gotten at least one of the new mounts.