The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

32 Scale Caller crates, 0 mounts

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
Today must be an emo day. Because the game and everything hates me.

Seriously though, not a single mount? WTH is up with that??
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    WTH is up with that??

RNG?
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m sure you atleast got enough gems to buy a mount?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you have expectations of a mount? That's the best way to be disappointed by crates is having expectations. It's RNG. You could buy 100 crates and not get a mount. The only winner today was ZOS.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You gambled. You lost. Deal with it.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way???? LOL, but yeah. That is crappy RNG. Oh well. Lesson learned - no more crates for me. Another ZoS revenue stream diminished :)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have a lot of mounts in your collection already? And do you spend a lot of money for microtransactions?
    Edited by Wrubius_Coronaria on March 15, 2018 2:45PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way???? LOL, but yeah. That is crappy RNG. Oh well. Lesson learned - no more crates for me. Another ZoS revenue stream diminished :)

ZOS already got money from you. If you're done with it, they'll find someone else. That's the beauty of their crate system. For every person that gives up on it, 5 more are waiting to gamble their new money.
    Edited by redspecter23 on March 15, 2018 2:46PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you go into them expecting mounts you'll pretty much always be disappointed.

Just check the Flame Atronach crate stats here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n1kdrywYmgjx290QwGJj9TT1Y8z4GfEMhvQ8kQnKL5g/edit#gid=1735419534

0.24% for Radiant Apex
    2% for Apex

There is also that thread where someone used over 1,000 and wanted to get a specific mount and didn't. I thought this was part of the reason for gems, to give players a chance to bypass the bad rates if they invested enough money.
    However ZOS had to go add the Radiant level without a gems options, pretty much the lowest move they've pulled with the store with nothing to defend against it being a greedy grab for more money.

Love ZOS as a company, it has amazing people. Despise these choices and and those who think it makes our game better. :disappointed:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i bought 1 crate because i felt the holiday hats were appropriately priced and got the frostbane horse.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You really needed personal anecdote to learn the lesson? The poor drop rates are well established. There is no shortage of posts of people talking about it here and on reddit.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS already got money from you. If you're done with it, they'll find someone else. That's the beauty of their crate system. For every person that gives up on it, 5 more are waiting to gamble their new money.

*SHRUGS* That's life - everything moves in cycles. I've still got plenty of very nice goodies from them including those uber-levelling scrolls. And the dragon priest outfit, a bunch of hats/masks etc etc. So not really that bad. Just think it's weird that I only got about 4-5 gold cards. Moving on...! :)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i bought 1 crate because i felt the holiday hats were appropriately priced and got the frostbane horse.

Nicely done. I would have loved the wolf. Or for some weird reason, the camel. LOL :)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Just check the Flame Atronach crate stats here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n1kdrywYmgjx290QwGJj9TT1Y8z4GfEMhvQ8kQnKL5g/edit#gid=1735419534

0.24% for Radiant Apex
    2% for Apex

There is also that thread where someone used over 1,000 and wanted to get a specific mount and didn't. I thought this was part of the reason for gems, to give players a chance to bypass the bad rates if they invested enough money.
    However ZOS had to go add the Radiant level without a gems options, pretty much the lowest move they've pulled with the store with nothing to defend against it being a greedy grab for more money.

Love ZOS as a company, it has amazing people. Despise these choices and and those who think it makes our game better. :disappointed:

I like the idea of radiant apex mounts. I only have one from the dwarven crates awhile back. Made me feel special. What would be the point of having a super rare mount if everyone can just buy it with gems?
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    opened 1 (+3 free ones), got a wolf ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    RNG at the end of the day
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

*SHRUGS* That's life - everything moves in cycles. I've still got plenty of very nice goodies from them including those uber-levelling scrolls. And the dragon priest outfit, a bunch of hats/masks etc etc. So not really that bad. Just think it's weird that I only got about 4-5 gold cards. Moving on...! :)

And there is the key to making big money on these crates -- give people a bunch of stuff they never would have spend crowns on instead of the thing that actually had monetary value to them and maybe they will accept that and keep giving money in hopes of getting the thing they actually would be willing to spend money on.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »

Lucky devil! *shakes fist* Seriously though, very nice catch indeed :)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    32 Crates should give minimum 1 rare Mount imo :)

PC
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »

Take the money and run!
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a house cat pet...yay?
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer OP
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilithyania wrote: »
    32 Crates should give minimum 1 rare Mount imo :)

I quite agree! :smiley: Although truthfully I would be happy with any haha. Just strange that this time there wasn't any. Oh well.

I noticed I got a statue of a massive skinny dragon. Not sure where that's going to though! lol :)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    That sucks op. Pacrooti is a sly devil
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would be cool if u could gift crown crate items
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

0.24% for Radiant Apex
    2% for Apex

I like the idea of radiant apex mounts. I only have one from the dwarven crates awhile back. Made me feel special. What would be the point of having a super rare mount if everyone can just buy it with gems?
    The problem is it's made rare and set in a way which encourages people to keep trying for it (or gambling as people have dubbed it) and that it's costing you real money.

Terrible math to show you how much one would in theory cost if you HAD to have one.
    15x Crates is 5,000 Crowns.
    5,500 Crowns is $49.00

For simple math (because I suck at it) let's say 15 crates is $50.

You would need approx 455 crates at a 0.22% drop change to get a single radient apex mount.
    That would be approx 30 packs of 15 crates.
    That's $1,500.

That's 1,500 for a CHANCE to have the mount, not even guaranteed.

Now I would be fine if ZOS would sell the mount in the store on its own for $1,500 because people could clearly see that's the cost to get it. They could make an informed choice in that.
    However everything about online cash shops is set up in a way to disconnect people from knowing how much they're spending. Crates pray on people even more this way and we can have arguments about personal self control until the end of time but the company selling things are still doing all they can to manipulate their customers into giving them more money.

/endrant
    Edited by Turelus on March 15, 2018 3:05PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once I got 2 mounts out of a free crate, and another time had to save up for my first apex mount because countless crates and zero like you. RnG is a *** and I decided to not spend money on crates again. Besides, I've already got more than enough mounts.
    Edited by greylox on March 15, 2018 3:09PM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Nervani
    Nervani
    ✭✭✭
    30 crates (free ones) got me 3 mounts. 2 sabre cats and a camel. :)
    PC-EU/NA @Nervani (+17 other accounts)XB1-EU @Nervani4710instagram.com/nervanihq[The Lollipop Gang] - (PC-EU) Founder/Guildmaster[Crazy Elves] - (PC-EU) Founder[Casual Rascals] - (PC-EU, PC-NA, XBOX1-EU) Founder
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    32 crates, no mounts, probably mostly crap potions

Working as intended
    Beta tester November 2013
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make a video next time you open 32 crates.

I opened 9000 crates today! No mount.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the llama camel in one of my free crates.

Buying crates today, no further apex level mounts, which is fine. But I did get the striped horse and the sabre cat, which I am happy with. I don't generally want the apex level mounts. They tend to be too flashy. This time, I may get the kitty or the horse, haven't decided. Maybe neither.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »
    Once I got 2 mounts out of a free crate, and another time had to save up for my first apex mount because countless crates and zero like you. RnG is a *** and I decided to not spend money on crates again. Besides, I've already got more than enough mounts.

I can completely relate. They were an unnecessary diversion I guess and like yourself, I have plenty of mounts. Life goes on! :)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara