The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown gems missing after extraction (using "extract all" button)

Syldras
Syldras
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Good evening,

I got a crown crate for free when leveling one of my chars to lvl 30. I opened it with another char (my main character). From 4 items in it, 3 were consumables (a single one and 2x2 stacks worth 1 gem each), from which I extracted crown gems, using "extract all". I should have received 5 gems for everything together.

After extraction, of course, the items were gone - but the 5 gems were also missing. They neither appear in the crown store nor in the menu where all currencies are shown (such as crown gems, varla stones, etc). Before the extraction, I had 38 gems (I'm absolutely sure since I wanted to purchase the white fennek pet in the store, which costs 40 gems, and I know I had still 2 gems missing). Now I should have 43 - but it still shows 38. I realized it immediately after extraction, since I went to the crown store right after that. That was last Friday, I logged in and off several times since that, but the gems are still missing.

I contacted the support by mail and got a grid which shows the extractions of the items which I should have gotten those 5 gems for (the item names are right, so are date and time) - although that log shows that I only have 38 gems NOW. It looks, as if I only had 33 before that, but that's not true. I asked if they still have older logs, so one could count all the gems I had received from extractions so far (or have a look what my last extractions before that were - maybe there's a bug which overwrote the last extractions with the new ones?), but got no reply to that, unfortunately.

Also, I have the impression that this is not a new bug, as I found this in the forums:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/326410/do-not-use-the-extract-all-function-for-crown-gems-warning-xbox-for-sure
Same issue, almost 1 year ago. It only seems to happen when the "extract all" button is used. Which seems to be true. I have already extracted gems one by one, which caused no problem. This time, unfortunately, was the first time when I used "extract all" :/ I'm wondering why this button didn't get deactivated when this problem first occurred?

The only advice I got from support was to deactivate add ons (the only one I have is Master Merchant) and use "repair" in the launcher. Did that, but it didn't change anything.

Then they told me to send a bug report in-game (did so, still waiting for reaction) and to use this forum. So I'm doing that. By the way, the forum has issues too: They had to register this account for me, since every time I tried it, I got an error message: "Invitation not found."

So, can anybody help me?

Thank you,
Syldras

P.S.: I know it's not easy since I cannot prove that I already had 38 gems before the last extractions. But I'm absolutely sure that I did. I mean, we're talking about a time period of a few minutes: First, I checked the amount of gems I had (38, to be sure how much I need for the fennek), then I opened the crate, then extracted the gems, then went back to the crown store, and realized that it still shows 38 gems and the new 5 gems are missing. And then immediately sent a message to the support...
@Syldras | PC | EU
The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Syldras

Please check your inbox as we've sent you a message regarding your issue and support ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • electromagnets
    electromagnets
    ✭✭✭
    @Syldras I had a similar problem a month or two ago - redeemed a large furnishing for 33 gems, but the gems never showed up... I was in a similar position of nearing an amount of gems that I needed to purchase something so I was absolutely sure that once I redeemed the furninshing for gems, I’d have enough to buy the thing I wanted.

I contacted support who responded saying that the incorrect balance was actually correct, and when I asked for a record of my gem transactions they actually wrote back with a list from my NA account (I normally play on EU).

Anyway after a few back and forths I got tired of arguing with them and gave up. It blew my mind how unaccommodating and dismissive they were.

The thing that really made me angry was the fact that this is essentially “real money”, not a purely in-game transaction.

Anyway, hope you get your gems and @ZOS_BillE if you feel like putting a pleasant mail in my inbox too I’d greatly appreciate it ;)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @electromagnets

We've just sent you a message to follow-up on your crown gem issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ShadowRukia
    ShadowRukia
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Syldras

Please check your inbox as we've sent you a message regarding your issue and support ticket.

I had the same problem can you help me
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a year, but since a new message about the same issue was posted just now...
    Anyway after a few back and forths I got tired of arguing with them and gave up.

That's how it ended for me too.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire