The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

error 206- patchmanifest error_unzipfailed

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi all,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're investigating and will keep you updated.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Confirming that the launcher is broken and that you can launch directly from the client folder eso64.exe or eso.exe.

*sigh* i wish i came across resource nodes as often as i do bugs in this game.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're investigating and will keep you updated.

Thanks, Jeesssssssssss
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue. PC/NA.

Edit: I was able to get in by using the eso64 application directly.

For me: Local Disk(C)>Program Files (x86)>Zenimax Online> The Elder Scrolls online>Game>Client>eso64.exe
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on February 1, 2018 12:42AM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Any idea what kind of issue this is yet? Some people have postulated it's some sort of authenticator issue.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how to reinstall the game if the launcher doesn't work?

I tried all of the (older) recommended workarounds for Error 206 and nothing worked, so I figured I needed a fresh reinstall.

Now, the game won't install at all using the download link from the account page. :(
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Anrose wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks, Jeesssssssssss

You're welcome. :) We're seeing reports of this on Twitter, too, so you're not alone. We've got folks on the case!

giphy.gif
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried all of the (older) recommended workarounds for Error 206 and nothing worked, so I figured I needed a fresh reinstall.

Now, the game won't install at all using the download link from the account page. :(

I think you're probably stuck until ZOS resolves their problem on their end. Presumably, should reinstall without issue then.
  • Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue and good to hear they're aware of and looking into the problem. PC/NA Launcher. As others said bypassing the launcher through the game files and running eso64.exe as admin works so far. Non steam. When I got the error in the launcher, I did not try to repair and instead closed the launcher.

The launcher is working again for me.
    Edited by Foxhunt on February 1, 2018 1:31AM
  • Artanisul
    Artanisul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skua wrote: »
    I have the issue also and was able to bypass it by opening the file mentioned above, I also use steam. If you aren't sure where you saved it with steam right click on the game in your steam library, hit properties, select local files, then browse local files and it will take you there. After I was in the folder I clicked the Elderscrolls online folder, then the game folder, then the client folder and the eso64 was in there if that helps anyone.

This takes me to the login screen which rejects me. Tells me if I installed via Steam then use that login method.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Anrose!

~BEARHUGS~

<3
  • Cauthorn
    Cauthorn
    ✭✭
    Same here. Can't use launcher due to error but direct launch of client works.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue, steam.

I logged in without problems 2 hs ago.
    Edited by Loves_guars on February 1, 2018 12:19AM
  • cameron90_ESO
    cameron90_ESO
    ✭✭
    HALP
  • Porter_H
    Porter_H
    ✭✭✭

Same problem for me. Can't reinstall now.
  • Silverwillow
    Silverwillow
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you forums! Been troubleshooting for about an hour and nothing was working. Checked here earlier and there was nothing about it. Was about to re-install and came back here on a whim to search to see if it had come up in the past and found this thread. *whew* Can confirm that starting from 2clicking the eso64 file does work.
    "Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to blame them afterward." -- Bob Varsha
  • BrightflameMDV
    And there goes my therapeutic PvP session after a long day of work...
    Please ZOS help! If I don't lower my stress levels with PvP mayhem I can't sleep!
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks, Jeesssssssssss

You're welcome. :) We're seeing reports of this on Twitter, too, so you're not alone. We've got folks on the case!

giphy.gif

It's not just the NA Server. Got booted from EU to the desktop where the launcher was giving the patch manifest errors. Tried repairs til I got fed up and deleted the game. Tried reinstalling and the launcher now sits at the "Loading" screen, so it's your patch server that's doin this.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perfect timing to login, lol :) Thank you forums for a quick solution - eso64.exe does work
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here. pc/na
  • pjt15253
    pjt15253
    ✭✭✭
    Ran the built in game consultant from the launcher. Appears launcher.bethesda.com did not respond to ping.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks for your patience, everyone. We're actively digging into why this issue is occurring. If you uninstalled and can't reinstall, please wait until we give the all-clear on this issue before trying again.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    It's not just the NA Server. Got booted from EU to the desktop where the launcher was giving the patch manifest errors. Tried repairs til I got fed up and deleted the game. Tried reinstalling and the launcher now sits at the "Loading" screen, so it's your patch server that's doin this.

Thank you, @SteveCampsOut. We've passed this detail along to those investigating.

EDIT: It looks like if you are in North America and connecting to the PC-EU server, you will likely get Error 206. But not if you are physically in EU.

Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on February 1, 2018 12:33AM
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Riverspirit
    Riverspirit
    ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue also. I can open from the exe file, but the launcher is hosed. :p
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Any idea what kind of issue this is yet? Some people have postulated it's some sort of authenticator issue.

Based on the error message, it sounds like ZOS has a manifest file stored on their server that the launcher automatically checks. This would be how the launcher knows when there is a patch available to download and what that patch includes. It appears that the launcher is having problems reading that file, so the one ZOS has uploaded is probably corrupted or something.

Total guess though, so don't take my word for it.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will add that I live in/play from NA on the EU server and I am getting this issue
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • jsarthur_ESO
    jsarthur_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, same issue. Brand new rig build, fresh install. Glad I did not uninstall and instead head to the forums.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both of my computers got this error so I would suspect that it is a problem with ESO
  • AlexDresden87
    AlexDresden87
    ✭✭✭
    So this has been going on from my understanding a while now. Is there an expected time of completion on this matter? I would very much like to start playing tonight.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, @SteveCampsOut. We've passed this detail along to those investigating.

EDIT: It looks like if you are in North America and connecting to the PC-EU server, you will likely get Error 206. But not if you are physically in EU.

I don't know if it helps, but I'm in South America connecting to NA PC and have the problem too.

I remember a while ago this happened to us in South America and we had to use a program like Hotspot shield to be able to download the manifesto.