The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Remove cp completely from pvp

oMrRust
oMrRust
✭✭✭✭
Let's make it completely fair & just remove cp from all pvp.
Duels.
Campaigns.
Battlegrounds.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just not happening for such obvious reasons. Do not like CP you have a no CP campaign and BGs so it seems it is just fine. Odd someone would make such a statement yet back it up with no information as to why they think that way.

BTW, one of the obvious reasons is look at the non CP campaign vs CP campaigns. Most seem to choose to play Cyrodiil with CP by a great margin.
    Edited by idk on January 30, 2018 1:09PM
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not have both.

I prefer no-CP personally but everyone has their own preference. Right now it's unfair because if you like battlegrounds, you have to use CP (and then you have to go without when they change it back), duels are all unless you go out of your way to do it in Cyro, etc.

There needs to be two queues for battlegrounds, both campaigns in Cyro, and an option for challenging people to non-CP duels.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vermintide wrote: »
    Why not have both.

I prefer no-CP personally but everyone has their own preference. Right now it's unfair because if you like battlegrounds, you have to use CP (and then you have to go without when they change it back), duels are all unless you go out of your way to do it in Cyro, etc.

There needs to be two queues for battlegrounds, both campaigns in Cyro, and an option for challenging people to non-CP duels.

Exactly! I personally play both depending on what character I play, both can have their up- and downsides. I really don't get the point of having only one BG que, in fact it kind of kills it for me. Why not simply split it up into CP and no-CP and objective based and non objective based? Forcing people into gamemodes they don't like by throwing everything into one playlist makes absolutely no sense to me.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vermintide wrote: »
    Why not have both.

Having multiple options aviable is generally a good thing, and i don't want CP or noCP PvP removed. But it is a lot more difficult to balance both, so there are downsides too.
    Edited by Rianai on January 30, 2018 1:34PM
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    This is just not happening for such obvious reasons. Do not like CP you have a no CP campaign and BGs so it seems it is just fine. Odd someone would make such a statement yet back it up with no information as to why they think that way.

BTW, one of the obvious reasons is look at the non CP campaign vs CP campaigns. Most seem to choose to play Cyrodiil with CP by a great margin.
    Because they like having the advantage over lower CP players. 1vXing is easy in the CP campaigns 'cuz it's easy to sustain, do high damage, and have a lot of resistance. Some of them even post those "fair fights" on Youtube and think they're great players. Anyway, there's no pride in beating players who are at a disavantage and that's why as a CP cap player, I don't like playing CP BGs or in the CP campaigns.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leogon wrote: »

Because they like having the advantage over lower CP players. 1vXing is easy in the CP campaigns 'cuz it's easy to sustain, do high damage, and have a lot of resistance. Some of them even post those "fair fights" on Youtube and think they're great players. Anyway, there's no pride in beating players who are at a disavantage and that's why as a CP cap player, I don't like playing CP BGs or in the CP campaigns.

And again, there is a non-CP campaign for low CP players to go into. Even those with CP but think using the CP in Cyro is a disadvantage to them can go to the non-CP campaign.

It is a win-win situation. Everyone gets what they want and for some what they think they need.

Also, what may be the issue is not the CP but the experience and skill. Obviously a player with low CP is likely to have less experience in ESO PvP and thus at a disadvantage against experienced players regardless of CP being in the equation or not.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remove CP completely from the game*

There, fixed it.

Replace it with a different kind of progression, something that doesn't cater the power creep and sucks the life out of classes. Until then, don't remove options.
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because alot of players dont know how to play without cp.

As far as reasoning the whole power creep thing seems to be an obvious one. Have pvp completely no cp plus battle spirit would be an effective way to seperate pve and pvp balance.

But people need their precious cp so here we are.
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And again, there is a non-CP campaign for low CP players to go into. Even those with CP but think using the CP in Cyro is a disadvantage to them can go to the non-CP campaign.

It is a win-win situation. Everyone gets what they want and for some what they think they need.

Also, what may be the issue is not the CP but the experience and skill. Obviously a player with low CP is likely to have less experience in ESO PvP and thus at a disadvantage against experienced players regardless of CP being in the equation or not.

Take half your cp out and go into vivec or shor, let me know how that works out for you.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No CP is crazy good in my opinion. It’s sad people crutch CP campaigns.

Siege matters, guards are no joke. Attacking keeps must be strategic.

Jacked out cheese builds are not much of an issue.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If...if they want to separate PVP and PVE.

The best way to do it would be to have two different cp systems.. one fore PVE and one for PVP.

Your abilities would all work the same just the passives would all be different.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.

All of our classes have been hit with huge nerfs because of CP system. Taking away CP and leaving the nerfs means were just playing neutered classes with mechanics intended and balanced for CP.

• tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the game is too care-bear friendly already.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oMrRust wrote: »
    Duels.
    Campaigns.
    Battlegrounds.

Get pwnd in duels much?
    Given that you could just play the no CP campaign, I'm guessing so.

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Balance issues thats why. We've had skills gutted to oblivion because of CP. Hell we still have resource poison back from when resource management was easy with CP.

If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's sad people crutch no-CP campaigns.
    [DC/NA]
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oMrRust wrote: »
    Duels.
    Campaigns.
    Battlegrounds.

Why play at all then?
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just play in sotha sil? Problem solved. BGs are already going to be NO CP again. Thank god.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »

This is quite possibly the dumbest statement ever made on the forums.
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad you like it.

You seem to have a misconception that playing no cp takes more talent or something. You make assumptions that players who play CP campaigns are inferior or need to rely on the cp system, or your lack of cp in order to be effective.

Its kind of like a go kart racer telling formula1 drivers they suck because they cant race without their big tires and big engines.

Why not just suck it up and grind to cp cap? If you are there then whats the issue? You cant kill everyone in Cytodiil with 1 build? Good.

You people already have a no cp campaign. Go away and stop trying to ruin our game in order to force us to play your gimped version. Most of us played no CP for years before CP was a thing, we're not going back no matter how much you try to shame us for playing what we enjoy. If your campaign is empty that should be your first hint.
    [DC/NA]
  • Caine_Carver
    Caine_Carver
    Soul Shriven
    WOW, these threads really get old...

"Let's remove CP to make it completely fair blah blah blah..."

Following that line of thought, we should use generic armor and weapons since gold tempered set items give better results and an advantage to those who have them. Another important step in the dumbing down of the game would be to remove all food and drink buffs since that can be an unfair advantage. All class, weapon and race passives must go too as some combinations are more effective and "Unfair" to those who do not know how to set them up... and finally, we must all play a generic class/skill bar setups to make that fair as well.

Problem is with all these "equalizers" In place the better players would still outplay and out-think the bad players. Getting rid of CP and all the other things still would not solve your problem. NO, what you need is a handicap system. You know like they use in golf and bowling... Yea a handicap.
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Idk maybe because everything is getting nerfed because of cp.. i mean there is a nerf vampire thread essentially because of cp. Someday we will all be capped out at 5000cp with no sets or cool class defining abilities.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm glad you like it.

You seem to have a misconception that playing no cp takes more talent or something. You make assumptions that players who play CP campaigns are inferior or need to rely on the cp system, or your lack of cp in order to be effective.

Its kind of like a go kart racer telling formula1 drivers they suck because they cant race without their big tires and big engines.

Why not just suck it up and grind to cp cap? If you are there then whats the issue? You cant kill everyone in Cytodiil with 1 build? Good.

You people already have a no cp campaign. Go away and stop trying to ruin our game in order to force us to play your gimped version. Most of us played no CP for years before CP was a thing, we're not going back no matter how much you try to shame us for playing what we enjoy. If your campaign is empty that should be your first hint.

To be clear, I think choices are good as I play both campaigns. I’m at 1,000 CP, but that’s not important.

I have seen entire (CP) PVP guilds come into Sotha Sil, and get demolished. They try one push and quit after a single wipe. Population is low because people don’t adjust. Also, the streamers generally stay clear of it too (no meta riders).

As an avid player of both....CP is a huge crutch. Non CP campaigns make people think about their builds and make choices.

Not find the most unbalanced sets, then augment it by CP.

-Berj Stoneheart
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Non cp guys don’t like there being both bc no one plays in non cp when they have the option to play with full cp.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭

You can say that vets playing in non cp have a very clear gear advantage over many of the other players who play in no cp which is newer players or those who don't feel strong enough in a cp camp. They like to say its fairer but theyre FoS

Edited by Goshua on January 30, 2018 4:04PM
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad you like it.

To be clear, I think choices are good as I play both campaigns. I’m at 1,000 CP, but that’s not important.

I have seen entire (CP) PVP guilds come into Sotha Sil, and get demolished. They try one push and quit after a single wipe. Population is low because people don’t adjust. Also, the streamers generally stay clear of it too (no meta riders).

As an avid player of both....CP is a huge crutch. Non CP campaigns make people think about their builds and make choices.

Anecdotal evidence. You saw a group of players who regularly play CP go into non-CP and do horribly and now make generalized conclusions about CP and non CP players.

Were they setup for no cp?
    Were they experienced in no cp?
    Were they taking jt seriously?
    Were they good players?

Nah, lets just boil it down to wide generalizations based on their CP or no CP preferences.

"All formula1 drivers suck because I've seen some lose gokart races."
    [DC/NA]
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your campaign is empty that should be your first hint.

All that needs to be said, this is how PvPers feel.

For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm glad you like it.

Anecdotal evidence. You saw a group of players who regularly play CP go into non-CP and do horribly and now make generalized conclusions about CP and non CP players.

Were they setup for no cp?
    Were they experienced in no cp?
    Were they taking jt seriously?
    Were they good players?

Nah, lets just boil it down to wide generalizations based on their CP or no CP preferences.

"All formula1 drivers suck because I've seen some lose gokart races."

You keep missing the point. CP is a tremendous help. Take that help away, and people give up.

Certainly not all CP players coming into non CP are bad. I’ve seen far too many PvP guilds come in and magically disappear. So yes, that’s anecdotal. As would be any other argument you would provide.
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@badmojo can you explain how playing without cp is a crutch? Very interested to hear. Cp amplifies skill level, increased healing, mitigation, damage, sustain, blocking, debuffs, etc. How is removing all that, adding a crutch? In fact it's much more clear what sets are truly overperforming in no cp (remember when proc sets were super cool?)

Perhaps I have it all wrong.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I crutch in both CP and noCP.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub