The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove cp completely from pvp

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    No CP is crazy good in my opinion. It’s sad people crutch CP campaigns.

It's sad people crutch no-CP campaigns.

@badmojo can you explain how playing without cp is a crutch? Very interested to hear. Cp amplifies skill level, increased healing, mitigation, damage, sustain, blocking, debuffs, etc. How is removing all that, adding a crutch? In fact it's much more clear what sets are truly overperforming in no cp (remember when proc sets were super cool?)

Perhaps I have it all wrong.

It's clear which sets are overperforming in non-cp because the CP factors have been eliminated, not because it's more balanced or skill based.

Why is no-cp a crutch? Because you don't have to worry about CP. You don't have to worry about facing opponents who have allocated their CP in clever ways. You also don't have to find clever ways to use your own CP. There is less build diversity in non-cp, therefore you are facing a less diverse pool of opponents, which makes it an easier experience.

Also, a lot of people advise newer players to go into the no-CP campaign, which lowers the quality of player you are likely to face. The population also plays a part in the difficulty of a campaign, less dedicated PVPers, & PVEers will flock to no-cp because the hardcore PVPers want to stick to the one with the most population.

This game isn't entirely about player skill, it's also about working out the best build for your role & playstyle. If you choose to ignore that part of the game and just focus on the skill part, that's fine, but understand that most people aren't going to follow suit, therefore you will always be playing on a lesser playing field, measuring yourself against a lesser pool of players.

I don’t buy that CP automatically ensures you play the best of the best or that only mooks and scrubs are in Non CP.

“Clever use of CP”. I like that.

Pure skill brah.

I can teach you how to be great in No-CP pvp with 3 steps if you are already skilled at the game.
    1.) Play stamina (no cp is hugely bias towards stamina bow tards)
    2.)Put on proc sets like viper or red mountain and couple them with a high sustain set like eternal hunt or bone pirates.
    3.) Put on cost poisons on your bow slot, make sure to proc them by spamming poison inject before you go in.
    Profit

Orr.. just kite em towards a friendly keep then beat on em while a million and one friendlies spam cold-fire at em from the battlements..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

@badmojo can you explain how playing without cp is a crutch? Very interested to hear. Cp amplifies skill level, increased healing, mitigation, damage, sustain, blocking, debuffs, etc. How is removing all that, adding a crutch? In fact it's much more clear what sets are truly overperforming in no cp (remember when proc sets were super cool?)

It's clear which sets are overperforming in non-cp because the CP factors have been eliminated, not because it's more balanced or skill based.

Why is no-cp a crutch? Because you don't have to worry about CP. You don't have to worry about facing opponents who have allocated their CP in clever ways. You also don't have to find clever ways to use your own CP. There is less build diversity in non-cp, therefore you are facing a less diverse pool of opponents, which makes it an easier experience.

Also, a lot of people advise newer players to go into the no-CP campaign, which lowers the quality of player you are likely to face. The population also plays a part in the difficulty of a campaign, less dedicated PVPers, & PVEers will flock to no-cp because the hardcore PVPers want to stick to the one with the most population.

This game isn't entirely about player skill, it's also about working out the best build for your role & playstyle. If you choose to ignore that part of the game and just focus on the skill part, that's fine, but understand that most people aren't going to follow suit, therefore you will always be playing on a lesser playing field, measuring yourself against a lesser pool of players.
    I get it now you a bad player got it.

You are correct... I a bad player. I never claimed otherwise. But that doesnt make what I said false.
    It does.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are correct... I a bad player. I never claimed otherwise. But that doesnt make what I said false.
    It does.

Why so bitter? Dont enjoy being captain of the B team? I am sure if you asked nicely the pros in the CP campaign would show you the ropes.
    [DC/NA]
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    CP is a dumb idea but removing it would be problematic. The problem with no CP is the only thing you are fighting is your own resources. No CP PVP is crap and thats why no one plays it. Everyone's CP layout is virtually the same anyways, so just give us the build in resource bonuses and other passives we get from CP, and remove the system. When I only have 25k stam and my abilities cost 2.5k, it just slows things down too much. I want to focus on killing people, not waiting on a bar to fill up.

Lot of you gonna hate on me but it needs to take less time to get into PVP. Its just a time sink barrier for most people. They put this crap in so it takes longer to do everything you want to do and call it "content". Its just an illusion. I'd love to try a warden but if you think I am going to waste that much time going 1-50 AGAIN when I have done it 7 times.....no. I'm tired of playing the same dungeons to grind gear in one trait that is mandatory. Its boring. CP is just another example of some pointless grind that stretches out the time people play the game so ZOS can collect on sub fees.

There was a time when people made video games where people actually just focuses on the gameplay and that was enough to keep people engaged without all of these grind systems and carrot chasing mechanics. I just want to PVP. Give me a lvl 50, some purple gear and set me loose. I dont want to spend half my life grinding just to be burned out on the game by the time I get to what it is I want to do.
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    This is just not happening for such obvious reasons. Do not like CP you have a no CP campaign and BGs so it seems it is just fine. Odd someone would make such a statement yet back it up with no information as to why they think that way.

BTW, one of the obvious reasons is look at the non CP campaign vs CP campaigns. Most seem to choose to play Cyrodiil with CP by a great margin.

Because alot of players dont know how to play without cp.

As far as reasoning the whole power creep thing seems to be an obvious one. Have pvp completely no cp plus battle spirit would be an effective way to seperate pve and pvp balance.

But people need their precious cp so here we are.

It is an assumption based on empty wishes that there are players who do not know how to play without CP.

Additionally, any power creep due to CP in Cyrodiil is equal so it is not very relevant to the topic.

The last comment seems more based on salt than anything else.

Do not like PvP with CP then choose the non-CP claim. Nothing you said here supports the idea that all PvP should be without CP.

Lets remove battle spirit too then. It mitigates the power creep, which everyone gets, so might as well right?
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does.

Why so bitter? Dont enjoy being captain of the B team? I am sure if you asked nicely the pros in the CP campaign would show you the ropes.
    I play CP campaign's and 1vX easily.Just because I play CP doesn't mean No cp isn't better.If you want a balanced game they would remove CP and revert all the nerfs to classes they made to make CP work just so you know CP doesn't work. CP doesn't add diversity to the Game ever single person CP setup is the same so much for Diversity.Cp add nothing to the game other than make classes weaker.They keep nerfing class to make the CP system work.

I will say this if it wasn't for CP armor of the truth would be another useless set.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with getting rid of cp in bg. Ppl can actually die in no cp, but with cp, true tanks don’t die in bg, too much stalemate is just boring.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    On PC EU We have a full no CP campainge and full CP. Let people play what They enjoy there is no skill diffrence only change i think They should do is boost every1 in Vivec to CP cap.