The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mouse wander with new release

SirJake990
SirJake990
✭✭
Not only does the program seem to crash more, but now my mouse cursor starts to wander. I can fiddle with the mouse making small movements and eventually hit the sweet spot and it stops wandering UNTIL I touch the mouse again and the wandering restarts till I fiddle with it again. This really is poop especially in a dungeon. I have changed mice from wired to wireless and the problem remains the same. I have enough probs of my own making don't need more.
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually having the exact same issue. It's not constant but only every so often that it does this.

This is not the mouse/driver, as when it happens, I let it drift, and run to a bookshelf for example, and open it as the camera is spinning. When I do this, the cursor shows when the bookshelf is opened, and is not moving.

Putting the DPI management to application in the compatibility tab of the executable(not launcher) lessens the probability it shows.

This issue really drove me crazy, and I am happy(sorry) to see I am not the only one having this issue.

Mouse I'm using is a Corsair M95 on windows 10 Pro 64bit.
    ESO Client is also 64bit
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:05AM
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Do you experience this with any other application, or just ESO?

In my case, only ESO. Any other game (fps) there are no issues.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, i noticed this too, but didn't pay enough attention to be able to tell if it is just ESO or not. Just kind of assumed it was my (aged) mouse.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The mouse drift you are experiencing could be the result of your current mouse settings. Disabling pointer precision may stop the drift from occurring. You can do so by following the steps below.
    1. Go to Control Panel.
    2. Check under Hardware and Sound.
    3. Select Mouse.
    4. Go to the Pointer Options tab.
    5. Uncheck the box labeled "Enhance pointer precision."
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SirJake990
    SirJake990
    ✭✭
    I disable mouse/pointer precision and rebooted the computer and restarted the game. Mouse DRIFT is still active.

1/ Does not occur in any other application..
    2/ Drift occurs using 3 different mice.
    3/ Drift was not a problem until after the last update.
  • Wildcopper
    Wildcopper
    ✭✭
    No problem of that kind here. Logitech G502 mouse.
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    The mouse drift you are experiencing could be the result of your current mouse settings. Disabling pointer precision may stop the drift from occurring. You can do so by following the steps below.
    1. Go to Control Panel.
    2. Check under Hardware and Sound.
    3. Select Mouse.
    4. Go to the Pointer Options tab.
    5. Uncheck the box labeled "Enhance pointer precision."

In my case it's already disabled. Please mind though, for me it's not constant, and I can go an entire session without experiencing this issue.

This is what makes it such a weird problem for me.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If disabling enhanced pointer precision hasn't made a difference, you can open a support ticket to have this looked into further. When doing so, please include a game consultant report as it's possible there is a program conflict causing this erratic behavior with the mouse.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    If disabling enhanced pointer precision hasn't made a difference, you can open a support ticket to have this looked into further. When doing so, please include a game consultant report as it's possible there is a program conflict causing this erratic behavior with the mouse.

The following fixed it for me, or at least, I haven't had the issue since:
    DDemon wrote: »
    flopflop2 wrote: »
    My mouse also started to drift recently (and unchecking enhanced mouse pointer didnt fix it) but I think it corrected itself when I switched from window (fullscreen) to just fullscreen and then back to window (fullscreen) again. Switching between the two modes changed my resolution which I think was what it needed.

This.

I read this too somewhere, did the same, have not had the issue since.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    II.is it randomly wandering or is your camera essentially moving in circles. Are you using windows 10? Little things like this are essential if you are interested in a solution vs just chatting it up.

Windows 10 has a known issue with gaming that can start up seemingly randomly but once it starts it will not go away randomly. There is a work around that solves the issue. It's why I asked the questions.

Tag me if this is the case and I'll post the very easy and quick solution.
    Edited by idk on January 26, 2018 6:11PM
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me on the PTS. I run the game in windowed mode as well, but I'll try to change it around as suggested and see if it helps.
    Edited by czar on January 27, 2018 10:26AM
    stam scrub
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

There is a known issue with high dpi that causes the mouse to drift. The solution is simply going to the execute file, right click them select properties. Then choose the comparability tab and find the check box for high DPI. I believe it's unchecked by default ans needs to be selected. Anyhow, whatever is opposite of how it is.

This is for the mouse drifting in a manner that causes the camera to rotate around. The suggestion you provided above had not worked for me but the above solution was my solution.
  • SirJake990
    SirJake990
    ✭✭
    Well I changed by resolution from 1920x1024 to 1600x1080. At least for now, things are steady
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started having drifting issues with my mouse and I found the problem was with the mouse pad. I have razer destructor 1 I got it when they first came out. So, it is old and over time of use the mouse movement polished surface to a small degree in the areas where I used it the most. These areas where interfering with the optical sensor. So, to fix it I wet sanded the mouse pad with 1000grit standing paper in a checker pattern. So far, the drifting has stopped.
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    schip wrote: »
    This happened to me on the PTS. I run the game in windowed mode as well, but I'll try to change it around as suggested and see if it helps.
    Looks like that fixed it. It seems to be a resolution problem? The resolution was all wrong when I changed to fullscreen mode and I had to mess with it to get it right again.
    stam scrub
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, as my target reticule is slightly offset to the right and when I dismount the target reticule slowly moves downwards to re-centre itself (at a very similar pace to the slow topdown and clockwise rotating that is occurring if I leave my mouse to it's wandering), then I'd have to go with it being something to do with that. I'm going to offset my target reticule to the left and when it happens again see if it rotates anticlockwise.

@ZOS_BillE "Enhance pointer precision" was already unselected when I looked.
    Edited by Zorgon_The_Revenged on January 29, 2018 9:03AM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay so i have some more information on the issue. This is definitely not a mouse issue. On the following video, you can see my camera starting to rotate when i harvest a rune resource. My hands are completely off the controls at this point. After i harvest the rune, i press "M" to open the map. You can see that my mouse cursor is not moving at all:

https://youtu.be/KTP_wjPPTsk

Then i press "M" again to close the map. You can see my camera continues to rotate. I am not touching the mouse:

https://youtu.be/lHaFimjvK84

If this was a drifting mouse, then the mouse cursor would be moving while the map was displayed.
    @ZOS_BillE
    Edited by Sharee on February 4, 2018 10:46AM
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still believe it's something to do with the auto re-centering the reticule does sometimes. Getting of a horse to harvest a node, leaving some game menus and even some ground elevation have caused it (there are some changes in ground elevation that seem to cause the camera to move and then re-align itself, although it being quite small and me not being one of the game devs I'm not 100% sure it does), I've also noticed the old horse "stopping for a tiny pebble" thing happening a lot more.
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Okay so i have some more information on the issue. This is definitely not a mouse issue. On the following video, you can see my camera starting to rotate when i harvest a rune resource. My hands are completely off the controls at this point. After i harvest the rune, i press "M" to open the map. You can see that my mouse cursor is not moving at all:

https://youtu.be/KTP_wjPPTsk

Then i press "M" again to close the map. You can see my camera continues to rotate. I am not touching the mouse:

https://youtu.be/lHaFimjvK84

If this was a drifting mouse, then the mouse cursor would be moving while the map was displayed.
    @ZOS_BillE

Very good demonstration. Usually when I open the map and close it again it goes away (although that might be maybe because I have moved my mouse unintentionally).
    I still believe it's something to do with the auto re-centering the reticule does sometimes. Getting of a horse to harvest a node, leaving some game menus and even some ground elevation have caused it (there are some changes in ground elevation that seem to cause the camera to move and then re-align itself, although it being quite small and me not being one of the game devs I'm not 100% sure it does), I've also noticed the old horse "stopping for a tiny pebble" thing happening a lot more.

This happens to me even in dungeons. I have tanked vFH last boss with the camera doing this stuff, it's very frustrating...

• Jasli
    Jasli
    ✭✭✭
    Disable DPI scaling in the compatibility tab for the client, worked for me.

just saw this was already posted....my bad
    Edited by Jasli on February 4, 2018 6:47PM