Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 26, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mouse Problems

Kaelcifer
Kaelcifer
✭✭
I have been having mouse problems. No matter what mouse I'm using it doesn't matter, the crosshair starts to drift even when I'm not moving my mouse and its honestly irritating and with my ocd I cant play like this. I have tried the suggested options of going into the games properties and compatibility settings and checking disable the scaling with high DPI settings as well as the other suggested method of unchecking enhancing pointer precision. I have also looked at my drivers and everything is up to date as well as repairing eso. I have even gone as far as to uninstall and reinstall but I keep having this issue. Once again this is on all controllers that I have, my multiple mouse/mice as well as gamepads this problem persists.
  • Kaelcifer
    Kaelcifer
    ✭✭
    also just to add Eso is the only game this problem is happening with, overwatch, Warcraft, destiny no other game has this issue.
  • Cold91
    Cold91
    ✭✭✭
    Using a Razor Naga Chroma my 5 button on the mouse often will not work. Only a problem when playing ESO, strange bugs man.
  • Joykill
    Joykill
    Soul Shriven
    Been having the same issue where the crosshair randomly drifts. I've also gone through similar steps to try and alleviate the problem but the issue is still occurring. This is also just happening with ESO. Extremely annoying.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this happened to me with my controller. but i don't use it anymore and i use a razor chroma naga and it will start to happen when i stop moving, but if i just tap the mouse it stops now. so I'm not sure but it used to be a big problem for me with controller, now it is just a minor annoyance that i can stop.
    PC-NA

    Ri'Dun
    NightBlade CP 810+

    Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox One NA- CP850 ( RETIRED)
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same issue here the last 3 weeks...it only happens in eso...the camera starts moving at a steady pace not the cursor itself...if for example this happens and I open my map or something and then switch back the drifting stops (without touching the mouse).
  • Kaelcifer
    Kaelcifer
    ✭✭
    For anyone also having this issue still there's the 64 bit client as well if you go to properties in the eso 64bit exe and change the dpi scaling thing then start the game from the same client it should stop the problem
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaelcifer wrote: »
    For anyone also having this issue still there's the 64 bit client as well if you go to properties in the eso 64bit exe and change the dpi scaling thing then start the game from the same client it should stop the problem

    Nope, it doesn't help at all.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This just started happening to me to this week.

    I Play in native resolution with no DPI scaling or enlargement etc. Razer naga mmo mouse
    PC NA - Thogard / Sir Thogalot / Thoggy Boi jr / Thogaine / El Thogardo

    twitch.tv/ThogardPvP
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    This just started happening to me to this week.

    I Play in native resolution with no DPI scaling or enlargement etc. Razer naga mmo mouse

    I think it started with the recent windows 10 update...I'm not sure though.
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news, fix or workaround for this? :(
  • flopflop2
    flopflop2
    Soul Shriven

    My mouse also started to drift recently (and unchecking enhanced mouse pointer didnt fix it) but I think it corrected itself when I switched from window (fullscreen) to just fullscreen and then back to window (fullscreen) again. Switching between the two modes changed my resolution which I think was what it needed.
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    flopflop2 wrote: »
    My mouse also started to drift recently (and unchecking enhanced mouse pointer didnt fix it) but I think it corrected itself when I switched from window (fullscreen) to just fullscreen and then back to window (fullscreen) again. Switching between the two modes changed my resolution which I think was what it needed.

    This.

    I read this too somewhere, did the same, have not had the issue since.
    Edited by DDemon on January 26, 2018 4:48AM
Sign In or Register to comment.