Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Spread Holiday Cheer During the New Life Festival"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
ffcb68df481ae8c89c040aecf846f8f4.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Spread Holiday Cheer During the New Life Festival" blog article.

Celebrate the end of another fantastic year in The Elder Scrolls Online with the New Life Festival. This merry event returns with a host of fun quests and festive holiday rewards for all. Find out below how you can celebrate New Life with us and earn free XP-boosting collectibles, acquire style materials and pages, unlock unique furnishings, and more!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same recipes as last year or something new?
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    No imperial quest, once again. Thanks, I guess?
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done for making the XP buff a memento. Last year the loading screens to get near to Breda were the most difficult daily quest!
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on December 12, 2017 3:18PM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did i read that right? the sword swallow and fire juggling will be a momento like the mudball? oh my glob!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Imperials still not joining in?

Fishmas grumps!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The New Life Celebrant's Standard – Available for 2,500 gold once you complete the “New Life Celebrant" achievement

Oh good, this isn't in the boxes like I was fearing. I still have an apartment stuffed with Jester's Festival ones!

Interested in the lamps, I wonder if any of them will provide the warm ambient light I've been looking for in my manor.

Looking forward to hunting the new mementos!
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did i read that right? the sword swallow and fire juggling will be a momento like the mudball? oh my glob!

By Stendarr, I hope so!
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now,here is a festival i don't mind repeat again and again
    will the "wide variety of lights, lamps, and lanterns" come from all Tamriel regions ?
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Same recipes as last year or something new?

There are no new recipes for this year's New Life Festival, but there are new Mementos that you can obtain in Runeboxes (Sword-Swallower's Blade, Juggler's Knives, and Fire-Breather's Torches.) As mentioned in the article, there are also a wide array of light-emitting home furnishings that you can get, and Roguish Draughts of Stealth and Escape.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah. Going to save my enlightenment then. I have some CP points to grind yet.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are new Mementos that you can obtain in Runeboxes (Sword-Swallower's Blade, Juggler's Knives, and Fire-Breather's Torches.)

It's a New Life Miracle!!

It's kind of pathetic how happy this made me. :blush:

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    there are new Mementos that you can obtain in Runeboxes (Sword-Swallower's Blade, Juggler's Knives, and Fire-Breather's Torches.)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b0C3IphySHo
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The memento is a great addition. Yay for portable buffs!
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b0C3IphySHo

Accurate.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the PvE to do to get the Dubious Camoran Throne recipe, right?! Wasn't going to pay 300k for that.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    This is the PvE to do to get the Dubious Camoran Throne recipe, right?! Wasn't going to pay 300k for that.

No - that was Jester's Festival.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

No - that was Jester's Festival.

Damn... ohwell saves me the trouble of doing silly PvE.. guess I'll have to wait for Jester's Festival then... not playing stam characters in pvp atm anyway..
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the Pint of Belching memento? 6 runeboxes were added to the game last year, but only the mudball and bath towel dropped last year. Of the 4 remaining, 3 are listed in the article. Is the Pint of Belching something you're saving for next year?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn hissmir gold recipes will drop in value.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    What about the Pint of Belching memento? 6 runeboxes were added to the game last year, but only the mudball and bath towel dropped last year. Of the 4 remaining, 3 are listed in the article. Is the Pint of Belching something you're saving for next year?

Then maybe you can compete against Thane Jegge :wink:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom & Team for making Sword-Swallower's Blade, Juggler's Knives, and Fire-Breather's Torches into mementos.

The only thing that makes me sad is this: "Each daily quest has you travel to a specific location to participate in the local traditions of each of Tamriel's nine races."
    No love for imperials during New Life's Festival :(
    [PC-NA] CP 1200+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP & Taverna do Mestre
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
    • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
    • Cuddles-In-The-Water, Argonian, Templar [EP]
    • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
    • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
    • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
    [PC-EU] No CP THE CAPS ARMY
    • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
    • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
    • Feainneweedd, Altmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Highlor3 wrote: »
    Thank you, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom & Team for making Sword-Swallower's Blade, Juggler's Knives, and Fire-Breather's Torches into mementos.

The only thing that makes me sad is this: "Each daily quest has you travel to a specific location to participate in the local traditions of each of Tamriel's nine races."
    No love for imperials during New Life's Festival :(

I imagine if they had included imperial and sent people to Imperial City; there would be a lot of tears of "Forcing me to go to a pvp zone."
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There were two hoods that also dropped last year, so 4 collectibles last year. So, in addition to the returning 4, there are three new ones. So, that's more than 6 already.

I was hoping that they would create new quests, since Breda mentioned last year in her dialogue that the festival traditions changed each year. But, even though I was hopeful, I still expected them to be the same due to the achievements. I'mm assuming it would've been too much to keep the old ones so that new players could get the achievements, but have new ones for players who got last year's achieves.

I'm looking forward to seeing what lights will be available. I'm assuming these will be lighting that's already in the game. I wonder if it's any of the lighting, or if it's a curated list. Or, maybe they are new ones? That would be cool, but when it says "a wide array" I'm assuming we'll just get ones that are already available in-game. But maybe they're ones we can't currently craft? We'll find out soon enough.

I have a whole stack of the roguish potions that I NEVER use, so not looking forward to getting more of those - to me they are just something that will clog up the rare loot table.

Still looking forward to the event, as I have a new Warden who doesn't have the achieves nor the motif or recipes.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I wonder if it's any of the lighting, or if it's a curated list. Or, maybe they are new ones? That would be cool, but when it says "a wide array"
    Judging from the last event and the definition of "curated list" and "wide array" - I'm going to expect maximum two different lights that are fairly common. Anything more and I will be pleasantly surprised. ;)

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

There were two hoods that also dropped last year, so 4 collectibles last year. So, in addition to the returning 4, there are three new ones. So, that's more than 6 already.

I was hoping that they would create new quests, since Breda mentioned last year in her dialogue that the festival traditions changed each year. But, even though I was hopeful, I still expected them to be the same due to the achievements. I'mm assuming it would've been too much to keep the old ones so that new players could get the achievements, but have new ones for players who got last year's achieves.

I'm looking forward to seeing what lights will be available. I'm assuming these will be lighting that's already in the game. I wonder if it's any of the lighting, or if it's a curated list. Or, maybe they are new ones? That would be cool, but when it says "a wide array" I'm assuming we'll just get ones that are already available in-game. But maybe they're ones we can't currently craft? We'll find out soon enough.

I have a whole stack of the roguish potions that I NEVER use, so not looking forward to getting more of those - to me they are just something that will clog up the rare loot table.

Still looking forward to the event, as I have a new Warden who doesn't have the achieves nor the motif or recipes.

Oh right, yes, I forgot about the hoods! Eight runeboxes, 4 introduced last year, 3 more confirmed to drop this year too, and 1 in limbo.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the one with the mud balls...

Oh not again :'(

Why do you insist on equipping the trolls?

“Oh it’s just a bit of fun...” ........... no.......... it’s not......

I love this game, I love the quests, the world, the dungeons. I love vet content, I love helping new players through their first group content. However. Like many people I have anxiety, I don’t pvp because that kind of player to player angst rams my heart rate up so high that it could quite litteraly kill me. It’s a primal response. It’s the same reason I will never race you to a node, it’s just not worth the stress. Dungeons and mechanics don’t set it of because the primitive part of the brain knows it’s not another person, it’s just a machine. But another player is a diffrent matter.

Normaly it’s irrelavent, as they cannot touch me, stop me or affect me but these mud balls and their irritating little jig are diffrent. They may be meant to be fun but they get used all to often for malice, just like those nasty lot that duel around crafting stations when there is a whole dam continent out there

We can’t use dye stations without getting plastered with mud that looks rather more like poo to be honest, and having previously worked in sanitation yes I do know the diffrence :/ Which daft lump in the design department overlooked that one? In the bank, doing writs, even strolling around looking for crafting mats... splat... splat splat! Why isn’t this stuff instanced like the animation for the crafting bags? So I see my charecter looking at me and you see them rummaging in a bag. Best of both worlds...

Oh well, time for a month away I suppose... :(
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back the Great Elk mount and allow open Crown GEM purchase on ALL Crown Crates!!!
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may personally find the crimmus season dull and overdone, but gosh darn if it isn't Men'Do's favorite time of year. Gifts for everyone!! So glad to see the old consumables turned into mementos, too!! My only wish is for them to be usable in Cyrodiil so I wouldn't have to carry around the consumable version so much. I love giving people a show with juggling knives or swallowed swords after a hard fight.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No drunken Echatere racing again?!

:cry:

I would also like to know if these are new or existing lights. Looking forward to the new Mementos though!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Acidlite
    Acidlite
    ✭✭
    You know what would bring Holiday cheer????? If you would fix the lag. Lol every time someone asks me if they should start playing I straight up show them the lag and they never ask again.