The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP Group Guide & Builds (Start of a "group requirements and specifications document")

Crown
Crown
✭✭✭✭✭
Further to the "How to win vs ball groups" document and the thread that has become zerg-drama oriented, at the request of a few people I've started a raid requirements document / guide.

My intent is for this to be a good beginning for any guild or group to use as their own raid specifications document. Nicholas of PD already has his own version going!

It is currently open to anyone for comments here: https://goo.gl/QTptCx

I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, or additions (especially on stam builds which is one of my weak areas).

Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thread should be titled 'how to become a ball group'.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a software engineer.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We recently removed a handful of comments in this thread because they discussed moderator action. Since this is a violation of our Community Rules, we ask that you refrain from doing this in the future.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice one Crown. I hope it includes the immortal line, 'Stay on the crown!' ;)

Will have a read and give you some feedback.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I remember why I bookmarked this thread. Will come really handy now that my guild is starting to run some medium-scale PvP :)
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nermy and @Qbiken I updated the doc and put it at https://darkelves.com/raid-requirements/ a few months ago. I need to update the google doc with the latest info to facilitate comments.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. Outdated but interesting enough.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Anazasi It helped a lot of guilds way back. I've not made changed in the last patch, so builds are a bit outdated.

I'm intending to update it for Summerset a week or two after launch once things are tested.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @crown Most of the support builds and new gear has already been tested along with the new skill line. The templar healer PVP build has already been decided. The top three are pretty easy to discern at this point doubt any of the older sets like spell power, sanctuary or gos will even stay on the radar after 18.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    @crown Most of the support builds and new gear has already been tested along with the new skill line. The templar healer PVP build has already been decided. The top three are pretty easy to discern at this point doubt any of the older sets like spell power, sanctuary or gos will even stay on the radar after 18.

I'm working two large contracts these days, so haven't had the time to go through everything. If you want to share info and save me time, you're welcome to!
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    good - i aprove :smiley:
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Wear earthgore
    2. Stack on crown
    3. Spam AOEs

easy.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small-scale guide:

1. Be Stamden
    2. 2vX
    3. X=1

easy.
    Edited by Vilestride on May 7, 2018 9:59AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    Small-scale guide:

1. Be Stamden
    2. 2vX
    3. X=1

easy.

When you’re right, you’re right. And yet some “top” PvP guilds are still unwilling to enter 6v6 or 4v4 tournaments because they can’t figure out that formula.

A real head scratcher, huh?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Small-scale guide:

1. Be Stamden
    2. 2vX
    3. X=1

easy.

When you’re right, you’re right. And yet some “top” PvP guilds are still unwilling to enter 6v6 or 4v4 tournaments because they can’t figure out that formula.

A real head scratcher, huh?

Lol. I got a good chuckle out of that one. It amuses when they say large scale is harder than small scale yet if it was so easy why not come to these 6v6 events so we can all bare witness to their dominance?? Curious.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    Lol. I got a good chuckle out of that one. It amuses when they say large scale is harder than small scale yet if it was so easy why not come to these 6v6 events so we can all bare witness to their dominance?? Curious.
    Because there are different aspects to AvA and not all of them are appealing to all players. Nothing else needs to be said, really. There's nothing inherently wrong with any of them and no aspect is morally -- or otherwise -- superior to the other.

I don't like Earthgore either, but I respect that groups of all sizes are going to use the best tools available for the job at hand. In open world AvA, clique rules don't apply.

Just like it's ridiculous to suggest every Stamden is a bad being carried by their class, it's also ridiculous to suggest that only bad players use Earthgore or prefer large scale PVP.

The people to blame for OP aspects of the game like Stamden and Earthgore all work for Zenimax. I think great strides have been made in promoting more competitive play on PC/NA because leaders have stepped up to reduce the barriers of toxicity. We should continue in that direction and all agree to blame Wrobel.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sensitive satori's all over the place.

I suppose while reminding me how few large scale groups were in the 6v6 you will also remind me how many top small scale groups have attended any 12v12 events.

C'mon kids. Let's just take a little banter without getting a frog in our sock.
    Edited by Vilestride on May 7, 2018 8:41PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suppose while reminding me how few large scale groups were in the 6v6 you will also remind me how many top small scale groups have attended any 12v12 events.

I’ve been at all of them actually. My 6 man combined with animosity to 12v13 and you probably remember what happened. Needless to say, a fight did not. Not going to bring it up because last time it was brought up we took 5 pages arguing about what happened lol

• Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them! Damn, that's so weird I must have looked around everywhere except where you were every time. Silly Vilestride. What a *** I am. Sorry champ...lol.

Unless by all you mean..just the last one.
    Edited by Vilestride on May 8, 2018 2:19AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them! Damn, that's so weird I must have looked around everywhere except where you were every time. Silly Vilestride. What a *** I am. Sorry champ...lol.

no ive been at all of the ones posted in the gvg discord. im usually up on a rock watching. i often get bored tho...

• Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no ive been at all of the ones posted in the gvg discord. im usually up on a rock watching. i often get bored tho...

Agreed.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I’ve been at all of them actually. My 6 man combined with animosity to 12v13 and you probably remember what happened. Needless to say, a fight did not. Not going to bring it up because last time it was brought up we took 5 pages arguing about what happened lol

Err what? You guys have never challenged us to 12v12 if we had been fighting we would have gladly accepted as we have accepted every other challenge made.

6v6 is not interesting to me. It is less interesting with so many rules. I have the feeling that even if we fought 6v6 our tactics would likely soon be banned because something is unfair or players would demand that it be a 4v4 or 2v2. As has happened in the past with players offering an 8v8 to then suddenly be unable to meet those numbers.

What is interesting is how many smallscale players are so desperate to be noticed yet unwilling to meet us in our fights insisting we should come to theirs. :*
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Err what? You guys have never challenged us to 12v12 if we had been fighting we would have gladly accepted as we have accepted every other challenge made.

6v6 is not interesting to me. It is less interesting with so many rules. I have the feeling that even if we fought 6v6 our tactics would likely soon be banned because something is unfair or players would demand that it be a 4v4 or 2v2. As has happened in the past with players offering an 8v8 to then suddenly be unable to meet those numbers.

What is interesting is how many smallscale players are so desperate to be noticed yet unwilling to meet us in our fights insisting we should come to theirs. :*

Yeah I go to the events but we don’t have 12 so I just watch.

We ban earthgore in 6v6 because if it was allowed the fights would never end.

But yeah it is weird that 6man teams keep coming up with excuses not to fight the 12 man teams. But obviously the 12 man teams can’t fight the 6 man teams because where would they find -6 people to make it an even fight?

Checkmate 6 mans, lawl.

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I go to the events but we don’t have 12 so I just watch.

We ban earthgore in 6v6 because if it was allowed the fights would never end.

But yeah it is weird that 6man teams keep coming up with excuses not to fight the 12 man teams. But obviously the 12 man teams can’t fight the 6 man teams because where would they find -6 people to make it an even fight?

Checkmate 6 mans, lawl.

You could easily find 6 people to fight 12 man's if you wanted to join in.
    12m setup is very different to 6m setup it's not just a case of dropping 6 players if you don't realise that then I think you need to go and ask some more experienced players in your guild circles to explain it to you.

On top of this many 12m groups simply don't have an interest in another playstyle. They are quite happy to enjoy what they do. The fact that there's players jumping up and down on the sidelines watching them saying "you must change your whole setup and come fight us" doesn't really matter to most. If you want a group to fight you, you should go fight them in their preferred arena.
    Just as if a 12m group wants to challenge a 24m group or 6m they should be prepared to do the same
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on May 8, 2018 9:49AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Wear earthgore
    2. Stack on crown
    3. Spam AOEs

easy.
    I guess you can easily invite 6 pugs to join your 6 man group then and tell them to follow this guide if it's truly this easy.

- EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This whole discussion is pointless tho. Let's be real: Both the 12 man and the 6 man teams refuse to fight the other teams in their respective size because they are afraid of losing the fight and therefor hurting their reputation. The problem is that whoever wins the fight will use it to "prove" that they /their playstyle is better.

Excuses like "we can't get that many people" or "we aren't interested in other sized fights" are just a testiment to how toxic ESO community is.

So maybe for a start we should work on getting rid of the prejudices and be respectful to eachother maybe some day we might be able to have actually nice competitive fights where taking part doesn't come at the risk of "humiliation". Noone will ever accept a challenge like "I think you are trash, I'm much better than you, come fight me so I can show everyone how easily I rek you" unless they are really confident they can win.

- EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    1. Wear earthgore
    2. Stack on crown
    3. Spam AOEs

easy.
    I guess you can easily invite 6 pugs to join your 6 man group then and tell them to follow this guide if it's truly this easy.

I don’t know anyone that runs Earthgore.. or at least anyone that’s brave enough to admit that they use it.

But still, you bring up a good point. I’ll talk to some people and see what we can do. Hopefully we can do something before everything gets flipped on it’s head with the Summerset changes. Last time we were ready to fight a 12 man, they decided to port to Vivec right as the fight was starting... That’s Left me with an itch I can’t quite scratch.

• HaroniNDeorum
    HaroniNDeorum
    ✭✭✭
    Right as the fight was starting? Lmao what a liar. We never agreed to fight with you, your captain was being an a***ole the entire night acting like a dictator deciding which rules apply which not, only with the intention to un-balance my composition so you guys can do the only tactic small scallers know 1.slot Db 2. Stack crown 3. Spam Dbs. Be a man and take a fight as it is, dont come and cry for rules only for your benefict, also dont put a **** as captain, was so annoying.
    - Guildmaster of [ PANDA FORCE ] - Aldmeri PvP Guild NA/PC
    - Twitch.tv/haronin
    - Pvp focused player, want to improve everyday
    - Vivec`s Former Emperor: HaroniN AR45
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCT7YWsLrOLoG2HeMWUF7ifg/featured
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right as the fight was starting? Lmao what a liar. We never agreed to fight with you, your captain was being an a***ole the entire night acting like a dictator deciding which rules apply which not, only with the intention to un-balance my composition so you guys can do the only tactic small scallers know 1.slot Db 2. Stack crown 3. Spam Dbs. Be a man and take a fight as it is, dont come and cry for rules only for your benefict, also dont put a **** as captain, was so annoying.

Nice GvG. The rules are you can't do anything you do, we can do everything we do, and we'll see who wins. I'll just stick to finding other groups in open world and hash things out there.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that’s why I didn’t want to bring it up... the story from the forfeiting team keeps changing every time.

Regardless, I’m going to try to build a group that will fight you guys on your terms with your rules. Who’s a good contact I can use to organize some fun scrimmages once we’re ready?