The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Horns of the Reach - Falkreath Hold Preview"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
cd266a029b67f8c347817b7c2630fcbd.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Horns of the Reach - Falkreath Hold Preview blog article.

Falkreath is under siege, and it soon will fall to the Minotaurs and their Reachmen allies. Falkreath Hold, one of the two new dungeons found in the Horns of the Reach DLC game pack, pits you and your team against the hordes of the Dreadhorn Clan in a desperate attempt to save the city. Want the inside scoop on this new four-player challenge (including information on the armor sets, monster mask, and other unique rewards)? Check out our preview!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why you can't instance these so that they can be played solo. I'll probably never get a chance to play this (and you'll never get my money for it), until you find a way to make them solo-able. I don;'t see the point in paying for content that I can't play.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Dissentinel
    Dissentinel
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why you can't instance these so that they can be played solo. I'll probably never get a chance to play this (and you'll never get my money for it), until you find a way to make them solo-able. I don;'t see the point in paying for content that I can't play.

lol. There's plenty of solo content in this game for you to play. This is a group dungeon, if you could do it solo there would be no point in having an MMO in the first place. Go play a single-player TES game if you want to do solo dungeons. They're designed around having groups, and you can't make them soloable just by changing the difficulty.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a dungeon. There is plenty of content already you can solo.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

well , don't pay it , nobody force you to pay it . so you will be able to spend your time in " solo thing " like " dark anchor " or " exploration " .
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some games feature "story" modes on dungeons. I think that could work and would not hurt anyone. Of course you don't get an achievement or the same loot.

Would actually be funny to just get like a horn or toe (compared to a complete bust or wall plaque).
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , Which world builder did "all of this"?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a story mode for dungeons would be great as I've never (since playing from beta) have been able to find a group that wants to hang back and listen to the story... Shame because the work they put in is amazing!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a story mode for dungeons would be great as I've never (since playing from beta) have been able to find a group that wants to hang back and listen to the story... Shame because the work they put in is amazing!

Agreed. I still don't know what most of these dungeons are about since I'm forced to skip dialogue to not get kicked. Also it'd be nice to be able to do the quests without relying on someone else to hang back until the RP is done(I'm looking at you Selene!), or to help you with an optional boss that's blocking the way (Like in that deshaan dungeon...).
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait a sec @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

There's a new home 'overlooking the city'? How's that going to work? I thought there wasn't a new area with the dungeon, you could just port to the dungeon that was it. Or will it be located on the North-Eastern Craglorn edge (hopefully near a wayshrine) and you can see the city from the back balcony or something. Also, will it be a manor?
    Edited by MattT1988 on July 20, 2017 9:32AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    There's a new home 'overlooking the city'? How's that going to work? I thought there wasn't a new area with the dungeon, you could just port to the dungeon that was it. Or will it be located on the North-Eastern Craglorn edge (hopefully near a wayshrine) and you can see the city from the back balcony or something. Also, will it be a manor?

It's on a hill over the main portion of the dungeon, inside the dungeon for most intents and purposes. They showed it during the last ESO Live, so you can see it in the Twitch recording if you like.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Also please tune stros m'kai to 12-man.
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭

You can solo that one. Just hop onto pts and try (if you happen to be on pc)
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »

It's on a hill over the main portion of the dungeon, inside the dungeon for most intents and purposes. They showed it during the last ESO Live, so you can see it in the Twitch recording if you like.

So we'd have to go inside the dungeon to get to it?
  • Sweatyrabbit
    When is this set to be released?
    XboxOne - Sweatyrabbit86
    630CP+
    50 Redguard DK - Tank, DC
    50 Imperial Templar - DPS/Healz - DC
    50 High Elf Templar - Heal - DC
    50 Khajiit Sorc - DPS - AD
    50 Redguard Warden - DPS - DC