Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Announcing the ESO Plus Bonus Event!"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
7875f4e233a98613df076bdf14e3e541.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Announcing the ESO Plus Bonus Event! blog article.

Know what makes adventuring in Tamriel even more awesome? Free stuff! From July 5-9, ESO Plus members can log in to receive up to five free Dwarven Crown Crates. Not an ESO Plus member? You can enjoy a free trial of the service for the duration of the event, no strings attached. This includes access to the DLC game packs, the Craft Bag, and bonuses to XP and Gold gains. Check out the details in our announcement article!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like an awesome event, I hope it helps bring some more people over to ESO+

Also free stuff! Who doesn't like free stuff?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • psypanda
    psypanda
    ✭✭✭
    yaaay
    1rwscd.jpg
    Edited by psypanda on July 3, 2017 2:13PM
    President of the official Lucina Civello Fanclub
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course you guys give stuff away for free and my Xbox decides to break... WTF lol
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Of course you guys give stuff away for free and my Xbox decides to break... WTF lol

Oh noooo. :( So sorry to hear that, @RABIDxWOLVERINE!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • lpfan678
    lpfan678
    ✭✭✭
    Why are earned crates being given on the 17th? Why not just give them when you log in?
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh noooo. :( So sorry to hear that, @RABIDxWOLVERINE!

I appreciate your sympathy but that's my luck haha it happens.
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome! Now i don't have to destroy the next thousand fish, but can instead put them in my craft bag fish collection. Count wise my craft bag is likely >90% fish :)
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome!
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Must have been hemorrhaging subs with the Morrowind chapter announcement.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay for free stuff! :)
    psypanda wrote: »
    yaaay
    1rwscd.jpg

I hope Ill get enough nix hounds to afford that fancy hairstyle :)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me or does this along with all the time limited offers in the clown store scream cash flow problems?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!

Feed the inventory started people a little respite - let them see how good it is when you have bank and inventory space available and they will never want to go back to the cheap seats.

I like the cut of your jib!
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must have been hemorrhaging subs with the Morrowind chapter announcement.
    Can't we just believe this is a nice thing with good intentions, for once? :cry:
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the free crates! :)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lpfan678 wrote: »
    Why are earned crates being given on the 17th? Why not just give them when you log in?
    Probably some obtuse technical reason that they don't want to divulge. Maybe that's how long it takes to manually go through five days of login records?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Curson
    Curson
    ✭✭
    psypanda wrote: »
    yaaay
    1rwscd.jpg

I can't breathe
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of luring more customers, how about responding to your actual current customers regarding the daily cyrodiil server crashes. Maybe put some effort into actually trying to keep your current customers.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im on vacation from the 4th to the 11th of july lol, rip.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is to be frank a completely terrible idea and I was extremely disappointed to hear about it. When I heard that more ESO+ benefits were being looked into to make up for the difference between the originally-advertised benefits and the current delivery, I was excited. There were a lot of great ideas, chief among them various ideas regarding a restyling system for weapons and armor. This, however, is not the kind of service I was looking for.

The opportunity to engage in gambling is not an appropriate benefit. We already have the opportunity to buy gambling boxes with the crowns we get from subbing, so extra gambling boxes is nothing new or interesting. An alternative, I suppose, would be to give more crowns during this month to subscribers so that we could spend them as we wish, but I'm not dumb, it seems pretty obvious what this is about. This is nothing more than an attempt at getting people more hooked and invested into the gambling box system. It was only approved because the belief is that if people get a few "free" ones now for subscribing they'll buy much, much more later as they try to get the gambling prizes they invariably didn't receive the first time.

I won't be opening these gambling boxes just as I did not open the one I got as part of the Morrowind collector's edition package. I absolutely, categorically, unilaterally refuse to participate in any part of the gambling box system, "free" or not. It's a blight on the game, it brings out the worst kind of attitudes in people, and it exploits players in a scheme that I truly and dearly hope is made illegal one day.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    This is to be frank a completely terrible idea and I was extremely disappointed to hear about it. When I heard that more ESO+ benefits were being looked into to make up for the difference between the originally-advertised benefits and the current delivery, I was excited. There were a lot of great ideas, chief among them various ideas regarding a restyling system for weapons and armor. This, however, is not the kind of service I was looking for.
    Transmog system (as it's better known) is in the works and will be coming to ESO at a later day, this may or may not still be an ESO+ feature (I personally hope not).

Just because this event is happening doesn't mean it's the final benefit ESO+ will get and we won't have any more again. I would imagine ZOS wants to continue to have ESO+ feel rewarding for those who purchase it.

Think of this as just a nice extra you didn't have to do anything for, whilst also offering players who are on the fence about ESO+ a chance to try all the features (or even just take advantage of extra house item slots) for a while.
  • Arkvoril
    Arkvoril
    ✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

The opportunity to engage in gambling is not an appropriate benefit. We already have the opportunity to buy gambling boxes with the crowns we get from subbing, so extra gambling boxes is nothing new or interesting. An alternative, I suppose, would be to give more crowns during this month to subscribers so that we could spend them as we wish, but I'm not dumb, it seems pretty obvious what this is about. This is nothing more than an attempt at getting people more hooked and invested into the gambling box system. It was only approved because the belief is that if people get a few "free" ones now for subscribing they'll buy much, much more later as they try to get the gambling prizes they invariably didn't receive the first time.

I won't be opening these gambling boxes just as I did not open the one I got as part of the Morrowind collector's edition package. I absolutely, categorically, unilaterally refuse to participate in any part of the gambling box system, "free" or not. It's a blight on the game, it brings out the worst kind of attitudes in people, and it exploits players in a scheme that I truly and dearly hope is made illegal one day.

I agree with your post mostly. I don't buy crates either because I can resist temptation but i sure will open these. Probably for more potions, food, gem, and poisons like the first free one I got, but I am still opening them. Its about time for the ESO+ members to be able to have some of the items these "Whales" have that can drop untold amounts of money.

P.S. Not hating on people with money, just wish I had that kind of money to drop and feel okay about it.

P.S.S. Yes I know we can buy Crates also as ESO+ members. Some members are against this for certain reasons(Not topic right now.). As an ESO+ member can i at least have some different mounts for the love of the gods.
    Edited by Arkvoril on July 3, 2017 3:52PM
    NA/PC

Arkvoril
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    A Vampire with a Werewolf Companion.
    Master Alchemist and Enchanter;
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the crates are a one-off thing and not planned to be a continuing benefit; I think it's a nice gesture, personally. Sure, marketing has ulterior motives as they always do, regardless of industry, but I appreciate it.

Pls no nix hounds tho ):
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #SAYNOTOCROWNCRATES- free or not.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the ESO+ free trial is a GREAT idea. And I appreciate the token to reward existing subs so the event is good for them, too.

I dislike that the token you are offering are crown crates tho. Why not just give subs a reward like a unique mount, something ala the senche tiger that long term subs got as a thank you a while back? Then the reward is special, not a round of garbage crown potions and gambling.
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW FREE CRATES

This will certainly distract the user base from all the broken/unstable content, not to mention the 1000s of server crashes a week LOL
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • cFos
    cFos
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno

Will ESO+ members get the free crates on both servers if they play on both servers and log in on both servers during the bonus period? Or is the award limited to 1 server? The article does not specify; however, as an ESO+ member I notice I am ESO+ on both servers. Please clarify - is it one free crate per subscription or 1 (bound to whichever server you log into) or is it free crate per subscription per server (a total of 10 crates - 5 per server)? As above, ESO+ subscriptions cross servers; however, crown store purchases do not.

Edited by cFos on July 3, 2017 4:43PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unreal that people are complaining, this is a great initiative and will help people explore DLC's they were considering, and its just cool.

QUESTION @ZOS_GinaBruno - for non ESO Plus users will they keep the Crafting bag and bank space akin to cancelling ESO Plus? i.e. they can access the stuff just cant add to it?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neat. Free stuff for two of my accounts. A good way to get in the mood for my summer vacation. :) Only 3 workweeks left now. B)
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My alt account subscriptions expire tomorrow and i won't renew them. Crates are uninteresting. I don't think ZOS is panicking because of my subs, but what if many others decided the same? After all, Wardenfell turned out to be little fun, much irritation. I just run my daily routines and watch if the game ever recovers.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • HansK
    HansK
    ✭✭✭
    OK, let's see if I get this right @ZOS_JessicaFolsom . You write

"To participate, simply log into the game with an active ESO Plus membership between 12:00am EDT and 11:59pm EDT (Eastern)"

As I am in Europe I'm on CEST. As I read this, it means I'll have to log-in between 18.00 CEST and 06.00 CEST the following morning. Logging in during the day doesn't count towards a free crate, only logging in during the evening and night. Or is this some typo and does logging in during the full 24 hours of a day suffice?