The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Remove dungeon kicking and replace it with an upvote system.

Jemcrystal
Jemcrystal
✭✭✭✭✭
I personally will not run dungeons in an mmo with a kick system implemented. I'll pve, craft, farm, cyrodiil, and quest but I will not join dungeons. So this isn't about a sad experience I have endured in TESO. It's more of me feeling bad for my guild mates and fellow players. So I'm not salty on my own behalf. I avoid dungeons the way PvE'ers avoid Cyrodiil. I wont go near a party-up dungeon until ZOS gets rid of the kicking system. I am here to have fun not get burnt. I already have rug burns from dungeon kicks in other mmo's I've played. Not doing it anymore.

An upvote system would be a viable replacement to the kick system. Players could earn a positive reputation (no negative plz). When a dungeon completes, an option to vote for your dungeon mates should popup. Then you either do not vote or you take the time to upvote them based on how your felt they preformed. Their vote status would appear next to their name. Vote status resets monthly to keep it fresh (to avoid people getting lazy after they get a good rep or RMT sales of good rep'ed chars; account selling). So when people form parties if they are that concerned about getting good players to join they can party up with high reputation peeps only.

This would not help with armor runs where they want everyone to be a certain level so they can increase chance of certain level armor to drop. That I have no solution for. People could still disband before entering a dungeon. It would burn less to be disbanded before starting than to get almost to the end then be KICKED based on a troll group's decision.

I have already participated in an upvote system in another mmorpg. It worked well to weed out bad players. Plz consider this ZOS.
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Without a kick system people would just troll the dungeuns and DPS players would que as tank and healer and the group will be doomed from the start foricing the people who qued for the corect role to leave and wait 15 mins.

Then you will also not be able to get rid of people who has too bad gear or are too bad to do the content.

Enjoy never doing any pve content BTW since the kick isn't going anywhere.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The kick is actually needed in the way this game works, the 15min timer could be discussed, which dungeons low levels get into could also be discussed....

For instance a level 10 player that uses grouping tool has a higher chance of ending in one of the 4 DLC dungeons, than they have in Banished Cells 1/ Spindleclutch 1 / Fungal Grotto 1... these dungeons are not even compareable with the DLC dungeons in difficulty lol
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait system should be changed. Straight 15 minutes is bs.
    5 minutes for the first time in a day, then 10 minutes, and after that 15 minutes. That would make it more fair and less time consuming for players that get kicked.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Wait system should be changed. Straight 15 minutes is bs.
    5 minutes for the first time in a day, then 10 minutes, and after that 15 minutes. That would make it more fair and less time consuming for players that get kicked.

The 15 min timer is fine, if they figure a way out to tell why you left the group. If you are straight up kicked before a single mob is even pulled there shouldn't be a timer. If you leave a group willing after a dungeon starts you should get the timer.

That is the complaint people have. You get in a random group, hit F to travel and before you even load you've been removed from the group.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    I personally will not run dungeons in an mmo with a kick system implemented. I'll pve, craft, farm, cyrodiil, and quest but I will not join dungeons. So this isn't about a sad experience I have endured in TESO. It's more of me feeling bad for my guild mates and fellow players. So I'm not salty on my own behalf. I avoid dungeons the way PvE'ers avoid Cyrodiil. I wont go near a party-up dungeon until ZOS gets rid of the kicking system. I am here to have fun not get burnt. I already have rug burns from dungeon kicks in other mmo's I've played. Not doing it anymore.

An upvote system would be a viable replacement to the kick system. Players could earn a positive reputation (no negative plz). When a dungeon completes, an option to vote for your dungeon mates should popup. Then you either do not vote or you take the time to upvote them based on how your felt they preformed. Their vote status would appear next to their name. Vote status resets monthly to keep it fresh (to avoid people getting lazy after they get a good rep or RMT sales of good rep'ed chars; account selling). So when people form parties if they are that concerned about getting good players to join they can party up with high reputation peeps only.

This would not help with armor runs where they want everyone to be a certain level so they can increase chance of certain level armor to drop. That I have no solution for. People could still disband before entering a dungeon. It would burn less to be disbanded before starting than to get almost to the end then be KICKED based on a troll group's decision.

I have already participated in an upvote system in another mmorpg. It worked well to weed out bad players. Plz consider this ZOS.

3M2aPw2_700wa_0.gif

Reputation system is very silly.
    Also, this is a completely diferent matter and a reputation system does NOT solve issues that are meant to be resolved with the vote to kick system. The kick system is made to solve issues like afk's, trolls, and even to kick players that aren't up for the challenge yet.

I don't think that the kick system is exploitedable at all, if the absolute majority of players in your group (3 out of 4) agree to kick you there is probably something wrong with your gameplay. Otherwise, just let it go and queue for the next dungeon.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    Jemcrystal wrote: »

3M2aPw2_700wa_0.gif

Reputation system is very silly.
    Also, this is a completely diferent matter and a reputation system does NOT solve issues that are meant to be resolved with the vote to kick system. The kick system is made to solve issues like afk's, trolls, and even to kick players that aren't up for the challenge yet.

I don't think that the kick system is exploitedable at all, if the absolute majority of players in your group (3 out of 4) agree to kick you there is probably something wrong with your gameplay. Otherwise, just let it go and queue for the next dungeon.

That's the thing. I've never been kicked if a group lets me start the dungeon. Only time I'm removed is if it's before I can even load into the dungeon and that is the problem.
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread has been moved to Dungeons, Trials & Arenas
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An upvote system would have to be a lot more complex that what you suggested.
    An upvote system would be a viable replacement to the kick system. Players could earn a positive reputation (no negative plz). When a dungeon completes, an option to vote for your dungeon mates should popup. Then you either do not vote or you take the time to upvote them based on how your felt they preformed. Their vote status would appear next to their name. Vote status resets monthly to keep it fresh (to avoid people getting lazy after they get a good rep or RMT sales of good rep'ed chars; account selling).

There are several problems with this, and if this is how that other MMO does it, they need to fix their system.

The "zero rep" is misleading. It represents three states, a new player who has never been in a dungeon, a terrible player who never gets an upvote, and every player at the beginning of the month.

I see these problems...

1. It has no meaning for about 1/4 of a month while everyone re-earns their rep.
    2. We cannot tell whether a player is new to doing dungeons or is a bad player.
    3. An upvote only has meaning when given by a stranger, otherwise it could be a fake rep.
    4. If rep can be manufactured, vote-kick is still needed to rid groups of these players.

Last, it is one of the three evils. Level. Gear score. Reputation. With all three of them, you get the character abilities, the character build, and the player effectiveness in a nice neat number system. These three things make the game much more stratified. These layers work against new players and those who are below average. They make the game great for the upper strata.

Yes, even without all three, some players will build these levels, anyway.

I don't see ESO as being one of those games that will benefit from institutionalized player strata.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive gotten kicked before for doing too much dps on my mdk in a pug, the kick system is absolutely crazy
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g