The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO not compatible with Sierra OS

Desolator999
ESO is not working and crashes before character load. I am having difficulty controlling my addiction so please solve this problem quickly. Also, I'm losing money on my ESO+ subs, which is guttering into oblivion.
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    Same. I checked and they're working on it. Go to the support page, search for sierra and it'll bring up the article
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We're investigating this issue. You can subscribe to this article to be notified of any updates.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Desolator999
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    We're investigating this issue. You can subscribe to this article to be notified of any updates.

Is Zenimix gonna solve this issues via maintenance on 28 sept ?
  • skywalker09
    skywalker09
    Soul Shriven
    I'm using a mac and upgraded to sierra. I bough this game yesterday and freaking was so excited to play coz my friends are all like its real amazing and to be honest i saw some videos online and it looks really awesome. But, its NOT WORKING. its not compatible with macOS Sierra. Please work on this issue as soon as possible. I really can't wait no more. :|
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭

Looking at the banner, the 28th is purely server side maintenance and will contain no client side patches.
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    Just FYI, I'm running ESO on Sierra with no problems whatsoever, so I would stop short of saying it's not compatible cos it is. Hope they fix your problem, whatever it is.
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • Goldwine
    Goldwine
    Soul Shriven
    Mardi Gras wrote: »
    Just FYI, I'm running ESO on Sierra with no problems whatsoever, so I would stop short of saying it's not compatible cos it is. Hope they fix your problem, whatever it is.

It's only affecting Mac equipped with Intel Iris only. I guess it's not your case, which explains why it's working for you.
    Edited by Goldwine on September 26, 2016 5:50PM
  • Desolator999

Looking at the banner, the 28th is purely server side maintenance and will contain no client side patches.

This is bad. It's like they don't even care.
  • Desolator999
    I'm using a mac and upgraded to sierra. I bough this game yesterday and freaking was so excited to play coz my friends are all like its real amazing and to be honest i saw some videos online and it looks really awesome. But, its NOT WORKING. its not compatible with macOS Sierra. Please work on this issue as soon as possible. I really can't wait no more. :|

That's messed up. In the meantime you can research on different race and classes and decide how you wanna play it.
  • Lordbaa
    Lordbaa
    Soul Shriven
    I notified them of this with a ticket when I installed sierra beta on my other Mac, but as per usual was met with the same silence, it's been a few days since others have now had this and still no fix then, great service hey
  • BillDalz46
    BillDalz46
    Soul Shriven
    I got a reply by email saying my mac can no longer play ESO because the graphics card requirements changed after upgrading to sierra, which makes no sense to me, I was playing just fine with el capitan:

Mac Minimum System Requirements:

Operating System: OS X 10.9
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    System RAM: 4GB
    Hard Disk Space: 85 GB free HDD space
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 460 or AMD Radeon 6850 (1GB of VRAM)
    Media: DVD-ROM
    OpenGL: 4.1
    Internet: Internet Broadband Connection

Mac Recommended System Requirements:

Operating System: OS X 10.9 or later
    Processor: Intel i5 processor
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 or AMD Radeon 5670 (1GB of VRAM)

*A persistent internet connection is required to play.
    **System requirements are subject to change over time.
  • sk0nkm0nk3y
    BillDalz46 wrote: »
    I got a reply by email saying my mac can no longer play ESO because the graphics card requirements changed after upgrading to sierra, which makes no sense to me, I was playing just fine with el capitan:

Mac Minimum System Requirements:

Operating System: OS X 10.9
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 460 or AMD Radeon 6850 (1GB of VRAM)

Mac Recommended System Requirements:

Operating System: OS X 10.9 or later
    Processor: Intel i5 processor
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 or AMD Radeon 5670 (1GB of VRAM)

*A persistent internet connection is required to play.
    **System requirements are subject to change over time.

I just bought this game a week before sierra went live. I hope I can get a refund!
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    Or roll it back to El Captain
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • cyberHippy
    cyberHippy
    Soul Shriven
    Meri20098 wrote: »
    Or roll it back to El Captain

If they really did change the requirements, due to the Sierra upgrade, that's weapons-grade stupid.

My Intel Iris Pro built-in card ran the game beautifully before. I REALLY don't want to go through the hassle of rolling-back my OS to be able to play this game.

If that's the truth, I'm going to have to cancel my ESO Plus subscription and find another game to play.
  • sk0nkm0nk3y
    I guess i could roll back, I don't care for siri anyways. or the apple watch unlock. I regret upgrading. I can never get into games. this is the first game I've been able to loose myself in. I hope they fix it tonight. Or i guess ill have to downgrade.
  • Lordbaa
    Lordbaa
    Soul Shriven
    Bit of a pattern with these bugs mounting up, seeing as it looks like Chris has left, maybe they just can't fix it! An official reply to this would be gratefully received though if that is the case and ill put my time into another game.
  • ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The Iris Pro 5200 (but not the Iris 6100/5100 or HD Graphics 5000/6000) is faster than the recommended NVidia card on those minimum requirements, has more available vram and exceeds/equals the OpenGL level.

Here is a link to some benchmarks on Anandtech:
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6993/intel-iris-pro-5200-graphics-review-core-i74950hq-tested/16

I haven't checked recently but it also runs fine under Boot Camp on Iris 6100 (although Intel igpu's are already not officially supported under Windows). They can choose to support/not support what they want, but I don't know that it's due to performance, especially in the case of the iris 5200, does anyone with an iMac with Iris Pro 6200 graphics have issues running the game? It's even faster and well exceeds the capabilities of the min requirements performance wise.
    Edited by ningauble_7b14_ESO on September 28, 2016 4:06AM
  • ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just verified the game still runs fine under boot camp on my Iris 6100 equipped MBPro. Trackpad support is atrocious though, the "ignore clicks on the trackpad during or immediately after typing on the keyboard" can't be turned off, so you can't even use light/heavy attacks with other abilities, with an external mouse I'm sure its fine. Won't run under Parallels anymore, since they upgraded the windows client to require dx11. I looked up Apple's current hardware lineup, and the only machines they even sell currently with non-intel gpu's are the high end 15" MBPro, 27" iMacs and Mac Pro. Everything else is intel only.
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    I looked up Apple's current hardware lineup, and the only machines they even sell currently with non-intel gpu's are the high end 15" MBPro, 27" iMacs and Mac Pro. Everything else is intel only.

That's the main reason I think they still care and will want to resolve it, otherwise they will be shutting the game down for 80% of Mac laptops for no good reason (to the player). The question now is if they can come up with a low-effort enough workaround or if they can pass Apple the bucket for a while if it's genuinely a new problem with Iris drivers or OpenGL in Sierra.

• Desolator999
    I'm still hoping that ongoing maintenance might solve this problem :p
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm still hoping that ongoing maintenance might solve this problem :p
    Look at the banner on the top of the page: today is server maintenance without any scheduled client-side patch.

• mike.eso
    mike.eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone figure out a workaround for this while we wait for zos to do something? I can log in but crash every time before making it to the character select screen
  • mike.eso
    mike.eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_DaryaK You got an update here bud??? The article you posted in your response directs you right back to the forums lol. Been 4 days man help us mac users out.
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    I tried tonight to get in. I'm losing hope at this point. I still pop into my TS server to check in with my guild and I post to their Facebook page too. I've been considering unsubscribing and going back to WoW. I'm holding out hope that When One Tamriel drops, a fix will come with it
  • Desolator999
    Meri20098 wrote: »
    I tried tonight to get in. I'm losing hope at this point. I still pop into my TS server to check in with my guild and I post to their Facebook page too. I've been considering unsubscribing and going back to WoW. I'm holding out hope that When One Tamriel drops, a fix will come with it

Same Here. I aleady installed Guild Wars 2. Subs still got 10 days left, going to cancel it after that.
  • mike.eso
    mike.eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can ya smack someone over there and get us mac users some answers?
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    Mikmak wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can ya smack someone over there and get us mac users some answers?

I second that sentiment. I unsubscribed because there have been no answers and I like many other mac users haven't been able to play
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys! This will be fixed with next week's big update. Thanks for your patience. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • mike.eso
    mike.eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Gina