The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ESO not compatible with Sierra OS

• quahkarl
    quahkarl
    thanks for the reply .... no still trying to find things to do... :(
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys! This will be fixed with next week's big update. Thanks for your patience. :)

Great news! Thanks for letting us know!
  • Archire
    Archire
    Thank you Gina! :D
    Hey guys! This will be fixed with next week's big update. Thanks for your patience. :)

"We commend to Aetherius and thee, Auri-El Blessed Eagle, the soul of the beloved before us. May she find eternal light and warmth in Your blessing, and may she be welcomed into the home from which she has been so long denied."
    —Altmer saying

Arcariel - Altmer Sorcerer - Tank
    Dominii - Altmer Templar - Healer
    Braylinn - Altmer Nightblade - DPS
    Calandriel - Altmer Sorcerer - DPS
    Aldmeri Dominion - North America

Grievance - Family, Honor & Loyalty
  • sk0nkm0nk3y
    Yes! Thank you GinaBruno for the update. I was just about to wipe and roll back to OS X, and then decided to check the forum one more time before doing so. I'm glad I did. So thank you thank you!
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was really irritating, not amused! Was working away and took my MacBook (I normally log on on a PC at home)

Obviously not being able to play over the weekend wasn't great, but not being able to visit the cyrodial golden vendor to buy the mighty chudan's helm was really REALLY annoying. It's not like it comes up often and will now get rarer too with the additional monster sets i guess :(

Worst bit was this should of been tested/sorted when Sierra went into beta...

Aeo
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aeowulf wrote: »
    Worst bit was this should of been tested/sorted when Sierra went into beta...
    I've been participating in Developer and/or Public Betas since Mavericks (10.9). Let me tell you, every beta build has been (sometimes vastly) different in terms of what was being broken, and what was fixed. That's exactly what betas are for.

From a developers point of view, it's almost always the smart way to wait out for Apple to fix their damn stuff, up until the GM release. Better yet, wait for the .0 build of their software, then (and only then) start finicking with yours, in the vague hope that they'll only fix their own FUBARs from then on. Because trying to adapt your code against a moving target is somewhat like arguing against a moot point...

Edited by KhajitFurTrader on October 3, 2016 10:35PM
  • BillDalz46
    BillDalz46
    Soul Shriven
    BillDalz46 wrote: »
    I got a reply by email saying my mac can no longer play ESO because the graphics card requirements changed after upgrading to sierra, which makes no sense to me, I was playing just fine with el capitan:

Mac Minimum System Requirements:

Operating System: OS X 10.9
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    System RAM: 4GB
    Hard Disk Space: 85 GB free HDD space
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 460 or AMD Radeon 6850 (1GB of VRAM)
    Media: DVD-ROM
    OpenGL: 4.1
    Internet: Internet Broadband Connection

Mac Recommended System Requirements:

Operating System: OS X 10.9 or later
    Processor: Intel i5 processor
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 or AMD Radeon 5670 (1GB of VRAM)

*A persistent internet connection is required to play.
    **System requirements are subject to change over time.

I just bought this game a week before sierra went live. I hope I can get a refund!

I bit the bullet and looked for a Windows laptop that would play this and other games for some time into the future. Been a Mac user since System 7 (mid 90's) and have always had hassles with integrated graphics cards on Mac laptops. Put up with low frame rates for years with WoW and now this hassle with getting TESO to run on a 2013 MBP. If TESO gets it working I doubt very much the frame rates will be great. I did some research and found:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DT4A2R4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Loaded up TESO and it runs like a dream and with a graphics card that should be more than enough for a few years into the future. Not everyone's solution, but after all these years I'm just tired of waiting for Apple to put decent graphics cards in regular Macs.
  • skywalker09
    skywalker09
    Soul Shriven
    Hey guys can anyone confirm if it's finally working or not!?
  • Desolator999
    Hey guys can anyone confirm if it's finally working or not!?

update 12 is due for tomorrow.
    Wait 1 more day friend :p
  • Goldwine
    Goldwine
    Soul Shriven
    How long does it usually take for an update to be completed?
  • Desolator999
    Goldwine wrote: »
    How long does it usually take for an update to be completed?

This is a big one, should be done in 3 more hours or so.
    Yeah man, I can't wait to play either.
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    I'm now getting a fatal error 11 the client will now be terminated message when hitting the play button D:
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    Working fine post-patch on my Iris 6100. Thanks!
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a reply by email saying my mac can no longer play ESO because the graphics card requirements changed after upgrading to sierra, which makes no sense to me, I was playing just fine with el capitan:

Mac Minimum System Requirements:

Operating System: OS X 10.9
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 460 or AMD Radeon 6850 (1GB of VRAM)

Mac Recommended System Requirements:

Operating System: OS X 10.9 or later
    Processor: Intel i5 processor
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 or AMD Radeon 5670 (1GB of VRAM)

*A persistent internet connection is required to play.
    **System requirements are subject to change over time.

I just bought this game a week before sierra went live. I hope I can get a refund!

I bit the bullet and looked for a Windows laptop that would play this and other games for some time into the future. Been a Mac user since System 7 (mid 90's) and have always had hassles with integrated graphics cards on Mac laptops. Put up with low frame rates for years with WoW and now this hassle with getting TESO to run on a 2013 MBP. If TESO gets it working I doubt very much the frame rates will be great. I did some research and found:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DT4A2R4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Loaded up TESO and it runs like a dream and with a graphics card that should be more than enough for a few years into the future. Not everyone's solution, but after all these years I'm just tired of waiting for Apple to put decent graphics cards in regular Macs.

Thanks, but no thanks. ESO runs great on my machine and I have standards and Windows is beneath them.

Anyway...

I wish they would start using Metal. WoW did and performance went through the roof for me.
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • Desolator999
    Working. Finally
    :)
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    I logged in at 10:15 EST for the first time in three weeks. Now that everything scales I can't one shot stuff. I hope to still be awesome at PvP tomorrow night :)
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meri20098 wrote: »
    I logged in at 10:15 EST for the first time in three weeks. Now that everything scales I can't one shot stuff. I hope to still be awesome at PvP tomorrow night :)

My guess is that PvP participation will drop off a bit. There are a lot of people who only PvP BECAUSE they think they have an advantage.

So, hoping here...quality over quantity?
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary