The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Waiting On Nerf For Fear ..

mmolegends44
mmolegends44
✭✭✭
The funny part is I bet all people that will comment are nightblades and going to say fear is not op let me hear this.
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I feel like fear should be a defensive ability rather than an offensive one. Anyone 'feared' should take less damage whilst they are in that incapacitated state, or it should be broken once they take damage... A bit like other abilities that have the same effect as fear.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they nerf fear then Night blades will be destroyed @ pvp
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why would you do this? Are you a magicka player who couldn't break free because you had no stamina? That's too bad the skill is broken because your resource management failed. Or are you a magplar that simply holds block and spams BoL and then you got CCd and died?
    The skill is fine as it is. Its just another CC to deal with and it's the only reliable for Nightblades.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Why would you do this?

Probably because the skill's animation lags and it doesn't properly show your being cc'd. By the time you do break free the nightblade has already done their combo. I also experience unbreakable cc with fear more than most other forms of cc. I'd say that's broken.
    Edited by Firerock2 on August 30, 2016 8:28AM
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they are going to make changes to an ability that has been in game for 2 years and 4 months? Because you are troubled by it? Hhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaa... NO!
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firerock2 wrote: »
    Probably because the skill's animation lags and it doesn't properly show your being cc'd. I'd say that's broken.

then it's not the fault of fear if lag kicks in. Normally you see the animation and the CC easily. You could also activate battletext but that would be too hard i guess
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably because the skill's animation lags and it doesn't properly show your being cc'd. I'd say that's broken.

then it's not the fault of fear if lag kicks in. Normally you see the animation and the CC easily. You could also activate battletext but that would be too hard i guess

It's the skill itself that lags, you can't break out of it for the first second. Keep denying how broken it is though
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fear CC should break on damage.
    Because I can!
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yea because i don't have any problems to break free immediatly after i get feared. Most of your complains are about lag and you just died because of it but it's the fault of a skill and not the problem with lag.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea because i don't have any problems to break free immediatly after i get feared. Most of your complains are about lag and you just died because of it but it's the fault of a skill and not the problem with lag.

I'm glad that you, a nightblade with no bias at all, have no problem with the skill. As I have said before though its the skill that is unbreakable for the first second, I'm not sure if it happens every time but it happens enough to be pretty god damn clear that its the skill that is the problem.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes i have a nightblade but my dk and my templar don't have a problem with that skill either. Just use break free and you'll be free.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    So they are going to make changes to an ability that has been in game for 2 years and 4 months? Because you are troubled by it? Hhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaa... NO!

Everyone has been troubled by it for 2 years 4 months because that's how broken it is. You'll find a thread for every month if you search the forums.

It's the same delayed animation as vampire drain, which is also broken and if it's laggy and you get either of these CC's you may aswell put your controller/mouse down and go afk.

Although the 2 CC's are the same it's Fear which is the most deadly. People claiming L2P and other BS clearly have never been Feared, heavy, incapped before. That's insta-death, I've experienced a handful of tanky players that have survived that combo on my Stamblade but they were pure tanks.
    PC EU
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is easy to survive this combination if you build your class right. Just make sure that you have enough stam to break free and do a role dodge immediatly after that and most of these 1 Shot builds have a problem. Why do you complain about things you don't even try to do anything about. The game changes you. You don't change the game because something doesn't work like you would favour it
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's the skill itself that lags, you can't break out of it for the first second. Keep denying how broken it is though

I genuinely just think people that say Fear isn't broken are terrible PvP'ers and i bet they've never broke any CC in under a second.

FYI it's not skill lag, it's a deliberate pause of CC break so the skill can be identified. Then you're allowed to break free lol. 1 CC, 3 stages of animation, you're only allowed to break free in the 3rd animation which is the hands on head part. Obviously well designed and 100% fair in the PvP portion of this game /sarcasm.
    PC EU
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is easy to survive this combination if you build your class right. Just make sure that you have enough stam to break free and do a role dodge immediatly after that and most of these 1 Shot builds have a problem. Why do you complain about things you don't even try to do anything about. The game changes you. You don't change the game because something doesn't work like you would favour it

It's clear that you have never been hit hard by a Stamblade. In less than a second mine can hit you with 30K damage that you are completely unable to do anything about because you are stuck in an animation. It's no worse than that dirty tactic you can do ganking people using doors in IC.
    PC EU
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    easy way to balance fear is... give 30% speed buff while feared. i mean frightened people dont walk slow am i right? they RUN.
    throw in a major damage intake reduction buff ontop of it and fear can stay how it is but will be more defence than offence since after all, fear breaks block, is one of the most annoying CC to break from and even MOVES you.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mdylan2013 - There is an armour set that gives you this,

If you feel so much about it go get the set,

I play all classes and yes i HATE being feared....
    but not as much as i hate being SNARED in this game,

Snares are more broken than FEAR yet you complain about fear....
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure you can't hit me with 30k. Those mighty impen pieces... only way that one can easily gank me is if I'm using a siege other than that most of the gankers aren't able to kill me in under 5 seconds and this is their death sentence most of the time
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    @mdylan2013 - There is an armour set that gives you this,

If you feel so much about it go get the set,

I play all classes and yes i HATE being feared....
    but not as much as i hate being SNARED in this game,

Snares are more broken than FEAR yet you complain about fear....

I should put on a whole armour set to counter it? Lol.

If you're snared at least you can fight back, fear disables that.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so does incapstrike, dawnbreaker, Templar spear, etc...

Any knock down if you dont break it you will die,
    Its the same with FEAR.....

Having said that i do believe there are issues with CC and Lag, of maybe just bad code......
    Sometimes its like i cannot break fear,

Also when you are hit by a bunch of people you and rooted you cannot see that you have also been feared...

CC immunity would also be nice, I do remember the days when it actually worked...
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• ragespell
    ragespell
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you do this? Are you a magicka player who couldn't break free because you had no stamina? That's too bad the skill is broken because your resource management failed. Or are you a magplar that simply holds block and spams BoL and then you got CCd and died?
    The skill is fine as it is. Its just another CC to deal with and it's the only reliable for Nightblades.

This is what I don't understand. Why should I have to compromise if I want to play magicka?

People could go full stamina, and have it all (great damage, great avoidance, even a great heal, etc).
    But one can't go full magicka.
    Magicka already do less damage, but if you want to survive you have to lower your dps even more because you "need" stamina.

Maybe I am wrong, maybe this game is a "melee combat simulator" with some magic added too it.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike the entire fear concept.

We build warriors defeating Molag Bal
    but wetting their pants because of a single NightBlade?
    Even wetting their pants again and again from it?

Whoever came up with the Fear concept should hide under his desk.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I've been waiting for a "fix" of sorts or "reevaluation" of that particular Nightblade skill for quite some time. I've made numerous posts about it, but my opinions on said things were just ignored time and time again. It's interesting to see just how many people are starting to notice things about the Nightblade class that appear to be "too strong" more and more. I wonder how many complaints it'll take, before the combat team of ESO realizes these things. Then takes them into consideration.
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a L2P issue honestly
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been said it should break on DMG likd every other Hard CC and fear is aoe
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only use fear as a counter to people that spam shields or have glued their block button down on their keyboard. If they are not doing one of those 2 things just attack and do dmg. Fear is an effective counter and that's about it. If you fear any good player they break free fast enough you have a 50/50 chance of hitting them before they break free.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is crazy how people say stuff like NBs are 'too strong'. I've played stam and mag NBs most the time, but my Mag Templar is a beast compared to the NB. I've only played a Sorc a few levels but they seem stronger than NBs and Templars.

I really like fear, cloak and shadow image; those skills make the class so much fun to play.

Edited by vamp_emily on August 30, 2016 7:40PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mdylan2013 wrote: »
    Personally I feel like fear should be a defensive ability rather than an offensive one. Anyone 'feared' should take less damage whilst they are in that incapacitated state, or it should be broken once they take damage... A bit like other abilities that have the same effect as fear.

Hmm, I like the idea of defensive usage... FEAR to escape. I'd want previous DOTs to be canceled on FEAR cast tho.
    Edited by QuebraRegra on August 30, 2016 3:09PM
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we just go the whole hog and get rid of all CCs because, well... they just hold me back man. I can't get on with the serious business of, you know, killing stuff. Really gets me down. Sooo down. I'm so down I can't even be bothered to post about it...
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or at least make us sprint in fear. So we can't be chopped down whilst break free isn't working.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!