The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Undaunted Mettle Level 2 Reduction?

LegendaryMage
LegendaryMage
✭✭✭✭✭
Would you guys say that it takes a bit too much pve to get the rank 2 of this passive?

PVP players need to do a lot of PVE content to stay competitive, and some months earlier the AP requirements for alliance war skills were reduced due to PVE players complaining that it takes too much PVP to unlock every ability. So now that PVE players have gotten what they wanted (mainly abilities) and they don't need the passives to go further, wouldn't it be ok for pvp players (who are after passives primarily) to get the same benefit? Less XP for passives and keep abilities as they are?
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a post a month or 2 ago where someone averaged out the time it takes to get undaunted 9
    I think it was 12h total
    less for experienced/geared groups
    So um 8-12h doesnt seem bad to me.
    All of my toons are undaunted 9.
    One I played got undaunted 9 simply by doing 1 cycle of vet pledges(with achievements) which seems just fine to me
    Options
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do all Normals and all Vets in a single night and you're very very far along.

PVE is love, PVE is life.

PVP is where plot and mood go to die.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't have a dedicated group of good players that can get together for awhile with you, then it takes too long to reach Undaunted Rank 9.

Alliance/Support were changed.... I don't see the issue with making this easier too. PvP-only players honestly suffer from this grind.

The grind in PvE is for loot, while in PvP it is for the AvA Rank/AP. Skill lines (... Mages Guild ...) is mostly just a grind. I'd be cool with it being made easier to get Undaunted to Rank 9 :)
    Options
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    If you don't have a dedicated group of good players that can get together for awhile with you, then it takes too long to reach Undaunted Rank 9.

Alliance/Support were changed.... I don't see the issue with making this easier too. PvP-only players honestly suffer from this grind.

The grind in PvE is for loot, while in PvP it is for the AvA Rank/AP. Skill lines (... Mages Guild ...) is mostly just a grind. I'd be cool with it being made easier to get Undaunted to Rank 9 :)

My issue here is that I have to suffer for my stam characters to get Vigor and Caltrops. It doesn't matter that it was reduced, literally even 10 minutes in Cyrodiil is too much for me as far as I'm concerned.

I can't imagine not being able to put together a group to do normals, they take 20 min tops and even people who dps with sword and shield can do it.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    Options
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not bad. A decent investment of time and effort for an important passive skill. Dungeons are fun and rewarding content to play..
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can honestly be done with not a lot of effort in less then a week especially if you are already max CP.

What with speed runs, no death runs, quest turns in's, and pledge key turn in's.

I think I did my last in four days and that was while doing other things.

So no I don't think the till actual hours to get to undulated 9 is that great.

Options
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE players being forced into getting farmed by twinks so they can obtain the mandatory vigor ability for stamina characters is a much bigger issue than this optional passive bonus.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
    Options
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get the ... out of here.
    Options
  • MrAppleman
    MrAppleman
    ✭✭✭

You're right we should just start at level 50 with skills maxed. While we're at it, get rid of skyshards just start game with 300 sp.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People stating you can do undaunted 9 in a night, I thought it was daily pledges that leveled it? I.e. You get 1 Vet and 1 Normal dungeon per day?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    People stating you can do undaunted 9 in a night, I thought it was daily pledges that leveled it? I.e. You get 1 Vet and 1 Normal dungeon per day?

All achievements in the dungeon tab of achievements (besides public ones) give undaunted xp
    Options
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My issue here is that I have to suffer for my stam characters to get Vigor and Caltrops. It doesn't matter that it was reduced, literally even 10 minutes in Cyrodiil is too much for me as far as I'm concerned.

I can't imagine not being able to put together a group to do normals, they take 20 min tops and even people who dps with sword and shield can do it.

Well same for me.

In reverse ...

10 minutes in a dungeon feels like ten days.

PVE is as exciting as watching paint dry.
    Options
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh it seems about fair to me. It takes me a lot longer to get Undaunted 9 than it does for me to get the Assault/Support skills I need but for plenty of people it's the opposite and I tell them to deal with it.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrAppleman wrote: »

You're right we should just start at level 50 with skills maxed. While we're at it, get rid of skyshards just start game with 300 sp.

Yup! We should also remove all of the useless, toxic players on the forums as well. I wonder who we'd start with @MrAppleman :/

Be realistic. Did you disapprove of Vet Ranks going too? Ugh...

Keep in mind, we are not saying to remove the grind. Instead it'd be to make it easier for those players that don't have dedicated groups to boost them easily. Most players will take incredible amounts of time to just get Necrotic Orb. These players also use the (non-functional) group finder to make groups too. Yeah, it's true. Many players only dream about getting Undaunted Mettle, and getting it on alts can be a nightmare for PvP players.

Personally, I can achieve Undaunted 9 in 2-3 days. If my random friends can't help for everything, I can solo many of the Vet dungeons. Few can do that, but it is an option for me. I can also earn Assault/Support 5 in 2-4hrs playing solo on a Stamina character (to get Vigor).

I won't benefit from XP changes to Undaunted. Also, I don't need skills and passives nearly unobtainable to others who can't get it or dread PvE to boost my effectiveness. The AP changes put players on even turf. Back in the day on PS4, I was one of the very few cool kids who unlocked Magicka Det. Wasn't my favorite thing to see everyone use it when the skill lines were made easier to level, but it meant things were generally fairer in PvP. Get over it, man.

Edited by Vaoh on July 29, 2016 10:24AM
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last two characters took 10 days each to get to Undaunted 9 (I started doing pledges on them as soon as I ground them up to 50).

It was a semi-serious push for Undaunted 9. As in, I didn't miss a single pledge, and on the vet pledges, I'd try my best to get as many achievements as possible (though not always succeeding--no-death ones, in particular).

Having gotten Undaunted 9 on all seven of my max-level characters, it's really not that bad--and I ended up getting Undaunted 9 before Fighter's Guild 10 and Mage's Guild 10. But it is admittedly a bit annoying the 6th and 7th times through...
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I would be lot happier if they will make bit easy as my lot of new tokns are 5-6 undaunted.
    Options
  • frethopper
    frethopper
    ✭✭✭
    I wish it were easier, but that's purely for selfish reasons if I'm honest. I play the game in a 'little and often' way due to RL time constraints. This means I get plenty of hours in game, but it also makes it difficult to complete group content. Now if only that group finder thing would work.
    Options
  • MrAppleman
    MrAppleman
    ✭✭✭
    MrAppleman wrote: »

Yup! We should also remove all of the useless, toxic players on the forums as well. I wonder who we'd start with @MrAppleman :/

Be realistic. Did you disapprove of Vet Ranks going too? Ugh...

Keep in mind, we are not saying to remove the grind. Instead it'd be to make it easier for those players that don't have dedicated groups to boost them easily. Most players will take incredible amounts of time to just get Necrotic Orb. These players also use the (non-functional) group finder to make groups too. Yeah, it's true. Many players only dream about getting Undaunted Mettle, and getting it on alts can be a nightmare for PvP players.

Personally, I can achieve Undaunted 9 in 2-3 days. If my random friends can't help for everything, I can solo many of the Vet dungeons. Few can do that, but it is an option for me. I can also earn Assault/Support 5 in 2-4hrs playing solo on a Stamina character (to get Vigor).

I won't benefit from XP changes to Undaunted. Also, I don't need skills and passives nearly unobtainable to others who can't get it or dread PvE to boost my effectiveness. The AP changes put players on even turf. Back in the day on PS4, I was one of the very few cool kids who unlocked Magicka Det. Wasn't my favorite thing to see everyone use it when the skill lines were made easier to level, but it meant things were generally fairer in PvP. Get over it, man.

Nah I liked vet removal. I just dislike the continuous request to easy mode the game.

The undaunted grind is being exaggerated. Even if you don't know how to get it maxed within a few days doing your dalies for a week or two will get it.

Dread PVE? Then for crying out loud wear 7/7 light, medium or heavy. There are still bonuses to that. I don't even rock the 5/1/1 on all of my toons. Some of the armor passives are better then the extra 4% max stats.

I just don't get the mentality I guess. Player A spent the time and maxed undaunted and has higher stats. Player B wants the same stats but wants to max undaunted in less time than player A spent??

Yes they reduced the xp for assault/support, however there are still threads complaining how long vigor takes to get for a PVE player

How about "I am only PVP/PVE I shouldn't have to PVE/PVP to get better gear, stats, etc." It's apart of the game we all do it. Players can't be bothered to step out/in to cyrodil? Give me a break.

There are comments like this all over the place and in game. I generally avoid slippery slope arguments but based on the amount of posts that complain even after receiving a reduction you can see how my sarcastic response is fitting.

Sure maybe to reduction could increase participation in PVE and PVP but you will still see players complaining and complaining.

Are you kidding me? And you call me toxic @doncellius ?
    These forums are already a toxic place. Everybody just wants what they want and don't give a crap about what makes sense or not. Nerf this nerf that, increase my drops.
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one game, one world. Stop splitting everything up in 'PvP content' and 'PvE content'.

People whine about having to do pvp to get alliance skills, people whine about having to do undaunted to get the passives for pvp. Sick and tired of it, it's like we're playing two different games here. If YOU decide to spend all your time in Cyrodiil killing players, guess what then there are things you don't get access to. Likewise, if YOU decide to run trials all day and not set foot anywhere else, than you're gonna miss out on stuff. Stop QQ-ing about it and start playing the actual game.

That said, Undaunted mettle is ***, and should be removed. All light, medium or heavy for best setup please, that's also how the motifs were meant to look anyway (don't *** up my motif look please).
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This game isnt call of duty where you go straight to pvp and the PVE is kinda useless.

Its an Elder Scrolls game. If you dont play the PVE then you shouldnt get the PVE passives.

The same way if you dont PVP, you shouldnt get the Assault and Support skills too.
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got 4 to max.

Want to get a further 3 to max. It is pretty painful. Especially now that there's less people playing, or who need to run pledges anymore. Group finder is pretty crap.
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe "pvp" players can stop pretending like its two completely different games and do the content to get the rewards...
    Options
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe "pvp" players can stop pretending like its two completely different games and do the content to get the rewards...

To be fair, I try my best to look at the PVE as it's own separate thing too and I'm nearly exclusively a PvE player. It's really a problem on both sides.

Now, that being said, I'm not convinced it's entirely a bad thing to separate them as much as possible, but I do agree with the overall sentiment, if I have to waste my time in Cyrodil doing Alliance War crap, then it won't kill players to do 10 dungeons.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    Options