The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Failing sacraments glitch.

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
I keep failing sacraments because I apparently have not used the blade of woe - when I clearly HAVE used the blade of woe. Please advise? I'm currently uploading a video as evidence - submitted ticket but basically told "well... that's just tough and sucks for you!". Hmmm... not exactly the customer service I was hoping for.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two targets for the Sacrements, I think you have to use the BoW on the primary target (the one that starts the Overseer Timer)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did use my BoW on BOTH targets (and I poison my blade when needed...). Let me show you the video. You'll see what I mean :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkZGkqCx8Y&feature=youtu.be
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At 3 minutes and 10 seconds you CLEARLY see me use the Blade of Woe on the mark - and yet still only get credit for killing him, but not killing with the BoW.... Now you understand my question?
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax can I get word on this PLEASE??? This character is failing EVERY black sacrament due to it not accepting the use of my Blade of Woe... I'm absolutely sick to the back teeth of submitting tickets for this - and the only crappy response I get is "Sorry we can't reset quests" etc. etc . etc...

So... I ask this... WHAT CAN YOU DO???? Because obviously there is an error with my character somewhere.

Latest ticket no#... 160902-001041
  • Fenrlr
    Fenrlr
    ✭✭✭
    I got this to just now on pc, i killed with blade of woe like quest said, and still got failed in the end .
    Lynxa - Nightblade - EU - PC
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fenrlr wrote: »
    I got this to just now on pc, i killed with blade of woe like quest said, and still got failed in the end .

I would love to know what is triggering this bug. It's highly frustrating. I've posted this video also to a highly popular social media site - and getting similar responses about how they too are having problems. I think we need some kind of official acknowledgement and work around. I've wasted a TON of time trying to get this character the maximum rewards but getting absolutely nothing.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STILL getting this bug... no word on a fix? Am I the only one suffering from it?? This is absolutely dogging my gameplay... the constant failing and abandoning and retrying is beyond ridiculous.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More video evidence... again today. I'm going to submit a ticket for each separate time this happens (so probably twice a day now since I have two characters suffering from this). Getting ZERO response from Zenimax about what they are going to do for me about this issue. I'm tired of green rewards and no motif.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9OKIMem9z4&feature=youtu.be
  • Fenrlr
    Fenrlr
    ✭✭✭
    I did a sacrament today with my main and an alt nightblade.
    I did all objectives, and got green loot with one and blue with the other.
    Only thing i did different with the one that got green loot, was that i used blade of woe straight outta cloak instead of from ordinary stealth stance.
    I'm not sure, but looks like more cloak issues..
    Lynxa - Nightblade - EU - PC
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this too, I think it happens when you loot too quickly
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this has happened to me too,
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fenrlr wrote: »
    I did a sacrament today with my main and an alt nightblade.
    I did all objectives, and got green loot with one and blue with the other.
    Only thing i did different with the one that got green loot, was that i used blade of woe straight outta cloak instead of from ordinary stealth stance.
    I'm not sure, but looks like more cloak issues..

You cannot use blade of woe from cloak. You MUST be in sneak mode for the synergy to even be offered/available to you. Definitely not a cloaking issue... plus, I've even gotten dry/tainted blood from using it and it STILL failed to recognize usage on the quest objectives.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought this first at too... so stopped looted at all - still had the same issue. Believe me, I've tried everything....

I have it narrowed down to two more possibilities that I will tinker with...

I thought at first it was the tabbard (since my characters wearing a tabbard or costume seemed to fail more than those that didn't)... but that's since been debunked.

Now, I think it might be regen food buff (drink) rather than using a food maximum resource buff... either that, or the two characters of mine that keep failing have "unusual" characters in their names (like an accent over a letter for instance). They are the only two that have that, and also the ONLY two charcters that I have issues with.
  • partzs
    partzs
    Do you have auto loot on? I have had issues with auto loot being on and things not working.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    partzs wrote: »
    Do you have auto loot on? I have had issues with auto loot being on and things not working.

I have auto-loot on all my characters... so why am I only having issues with the same two? Never had problems with ANY of my other 6 toons I run Sacraments with...

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »

I thought this first at too... so stopped looted at all - still had the same issue. Believe me, I've tried everything....

I have it narrowed down to two more possibilities that I will tinker with...

I thought at first it was the tabbard (since my characters wearing a tabbard or costume seemed to fail more than those that didn't)... but that's since been debunked.

Now, I think it might be regen food buff (drink) rather than using a food maximum resource buff... either that, or the two characters of mine that keep failing have "unusual" characters in their names (like an accent over a letter for instance). They are the only two that have that, and also the ONLY two charcters that I have issues with.

well i can debunk the regen theory, i dont drinks and ive had it happen
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've never had that glitch, but I have had an overseer show up the moment I entered a map. (In fact it was in the starting room, and there was literally no way to avoid it as it just stood in the path). I just purposefully failed that mission. I didn't care enough to bother, but it would annoy me if this glitch kept coming up.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm tired of green rewards and no motif.

actually i run the sacrament on 8 characters every day since SotH release, up until 3 days ago when i finally got shields
    (completing my motif on my crafter)

and i can confirm that motif pages DO drop when you only complete some of the objectives
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm tired of green rewards and no motif.

actually i run the sacrament on 8 characters every day since SotH release, up until 3 days ago when i finally got shields
    (completing my motif on my crafter)

and i can confirm that motif pages DO drop when you only complete some of the objectives

Yes, I've had them drop in green coffers too - but I'm a terrible nerd, and it would appear the RNG is much lower for green coffers. In fact, from my stats that I've kept, it's pretty much less than HALF as likely to drop in a green coffer as opposed to a blue one.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Failed again today. New ticket. I'll submit a ticket everytime. If you are going to waste my time doing these things, I'm going to waste yours too.

#160914-002058
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 more failed sacraments today due to this error/bug.

#160919-000751

Still no proper resolution offered. Same crappy responses... OVER AND OVER AND OVER....

Can we atleast get "we are working on a fix for this"??????????
  • Jekerl
    Jekerl
    mod
    We have looked at this on our internal servers and haven't been able to replicate the issue. We've reviewed your submitted video and can find nothing that clarifies the issue.

If you can offer more information it'd be appreciated. What sacrament were you performing? What day of the week was it? Are you casting an ability right before the kill? If so what is it? One reporter indicated that they were able to work around it by using poisons instead. Have you tried using poisons instead of the blade of woe?

Sorry for the inconvenience. We'd love to solve this issue, but need more information. It seems to only affect a small percentage of players and we haven't been able to identify the root cause.
    Jeremy Sera
    Lead Content Designer
    Staff Post
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pro-Tip:
    Abandoning a Sacrament, after a partial fail, does not reset the quest objectives like it did with the TG Heists.
    Example: If you abandon the Sacrament with 2/5 detects, when you reacquire the quest, you will still be at 2/5 detects.

I mention this because you said there are times when you instantly see the Overseer. This is likely to be the cause.

I hope this helps,
    @GTech_1
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've encountered the Blade of Woe bug on PC a number of times. It doesn't happen often. And it doesn't happen consistently. Nor have I ever noticed any pattern to it. I would kill someone with the BoW (no other attacks were ever used), and it just wouldn't register as my having used to Blade. Due to the intermittent nature, I don't think it's reproducible.

As for the matter of resetting a sacrament, you must wait for the instance to expire. All instances in this game expire after 5 minutes. This applies to dungeons, trials, Maelstrom, and yes, sacraments and heists. Yes, heists too: If you abandoned a heist after the "boss" for that heist has spawned and then re-enter it, you'll notice that the "boss" is there at the outset, instead of spawning after a certain period of time. You will have to wait 5 minutes before re-entering the heist before things like that are fully reset.

For sacraments, the detect counter and overseer spawn timers require an instance expiration before they will reset.
    Edited by code65536 on September 21, 2016 4:29AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jekerl wrote: »
    We have looked at this on our internal servers and haven't been able to replicate the issue. We've reviewed your submitted video and can find nothing that clarifies the issue.

If you can offer more information it'd be appreciated. What sacrament were you performing? What day of the week was it? Are you casting an ability right before the kill? If so what is it? One reporter indicated that they were able to work around it by using poisons instead. Have you tried using poisons instead of the blade of woe?

Sorry for the inconvenience. We'd love to solve this issue, but need more information. It seems to only affect a small percentage of players and we haven't been able to identify the root cause.

Okay. It's only ever when I need to kill with the Blade of Woe. If I have to use poison, I do NOT have an issue with this quest.

It appears to affect mostly two of my characters (though it is not exclusive to those). My wife also has had issues - as have at least 5 of my guild members. Suggesting it is only affecting a small percentage of players is probably not true, what IS true, is that only a small percentage are reporting the issue. You watched this video, correct? Do you need me to make more videos? Because I can... In fact, my wife also submitted a video showing you quite clearly she has the same problem.

Fix this issue please.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May I also add... that as a moderator to this forum, and this game, you SHOULD know that by adding a poison to your weapon when you have to kill with the Blade of Woe and NOT with poison - then it WILL AUTOMATICALLY FAIL YOUR SACRAMENT!!!!

Sheesh. That just shows a lack of knowledge of the game. It doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and the day of the week doesn't matter... it's a daily occurrence, has happened in all the locations - and with a platitude of the targets.
  • brandyvicious
    brandyvicious
    ✭✭✭
    I have encountered the same problem with failed sacraments b/c I failed the objective. It's all because it didn't register the blade of woe. Here is a link to 3 failed attempts :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwJl0Lu19Bk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onr2orQbSI4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXka7rZhTeA
    Edited by brandyvicious on September 21, 2016 5:37AM
    PS5/NA: brandyvicious-
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for the "clarification" needed - surely the ANIMATION of the blade of woe assassination SHOULD be proof that I'm using the synergy correctly... but still failing to get acknowledgment of its use in the objective list!!
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my failed attempt today.

Ticket # (will include once I have confirmation of receivership)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3wDDVwp44c&amp;feature=youtu.be