The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you think of Crown Store Random boxes/Lottery box?

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Just want to hear what you folks think heres a link of what they are going to do in update 12 just so you can see for yourself what to possibly expect
https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/4ym0yv/gamescom_update_12_info/
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.

What do you think of Crown Store Random boxes/Lottery box? 1416 votes

Yes I like the random boxes idea so Long as they only have cosmetics
29%
highfivelaurajfElloaSlayerSyrenaAnthony_ArndtFlorialstephkisten_ESOwayfarerxFat_Cat45vailjohn_ESOchimneyswift_ESOold_mufasaTaiaJHawkkKintonicArmitasbigscoothb14_ESOcwolfe702b14_ESODaveMoeDeeEddyrod2k10b14_ESO 412 votes
No I dislike the random crown store boxes, to much of a gamble
15%
NestorSoleyadriosketchMorbashWulfyk9mouseXexpoSlurgdrwookieb14_ESOSteveCampsOutDrazekmissjackieb14_ESOmilkboxsoyhodonJargoErik_DarksingerPeraganPhilhypeFaulgorTaonnor 224 votes
Yes I would not mind Lock box system even if its pay to win
1%
ThymosTonnopescedennissomb16_ESOPotenzaAhPook_Is_HereC0L0SSUSHowlingMoney515CamoPrincessSSlargxerasiaSirGabenOfSteamiakylewwefanJollyGhostalexkdd99CaligulaaDracobotSimonsez871LadyGamerluvR4GEASAURUS_REX 19 votes
Yes but I just want it to be pay to win items, plus cosmetics
1%
GilvothCranCatjlxsolutionseb17_ESOGraydonCh4mpTWRastoricJamilaRajMrCray78AveniasundefeatdgaulmakeumragenotimetocareChelisterjeremiah911LightninvashJailbirdyLegendaryArcherInsanelyfamousRayzar71 19 votes
No, don't ever add these into the game.
52%
Tarrtaruskewltclark_ESONobleNerdBenefactorEQBallzzrowdy45_ESODermestesRohneDenidilmurtrem_ESOTsuteIagoAtaraxsilvereyesstrutz.2_ESOLeiloniDeandraMoloch1514Lexosceles 742 votes
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything for me to have a chance at that snow bear mount!
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont ever bring that here. I played Blade and Soul NA a bit, then they decided to sell those RNG Boxes, I uninstalled the game the next day.

It's kinda predatory practice. People would end up spending so much more money just to get the desired item rather than selling the item normally on the Crown Store.

In Blade and Soul they put the most popular costume (black padded coat) behind RNG Boxes as the only way to obtaining it. If you are very very lucky you can get it from 10 boxes, but some people have spent over $300 and haven't got what they want....

===============
    Adding to my previous post:

I'm against this. There's many way to generate income for the game. How about selling some real good contents in crown shops? How about putting extra sweats in designing real good costumes, pets, or mounts? (You know the stuffs that make you goes like OMG that is very sexy on my toon I must get those!) If it's not enough put them behind Premium cosmetics price, if it's not enough put them behind bundle pack or something. Not enough? Put them behind time limit.

But instead we are getting Crown RNG Boxes.

In B&S they had this. Not only once, but many times each come with their own costumes, and they even also put upgrading stones as one of their rewards, I forgot what was it called but it is equivalent to Tempering Alloys/Dreugh Wax/Rosin. Yeah sure sure cosmetic only, but how can you be so sure about what is going to happen in the future?

I've also bring the topics on my Traders guild, most of them were indifferent.

"Well then if you don't want it, just don't buy it!"
    "No one forces you to buy such thing!"
    "Well, maybe I'll buy some of the boxes like $20 and see how the loot like, hehe"
    "It's their money, up to them what they want to spend it on is not your business. gtfo!! lol"

But my friend, let me tell you, not everyone are the same like you. Some of them are rather weak to this kind of gambling stuffs. Gambling addiction is a real thing http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/compulsive-gambling/basics/definition/con-20023242 Are you sure you want to support them in this gambling boxes thingy?

Lot of stories out there if you are willing to see.
    A father who stole his children's college fund to support his rng boxes gambling compulsion.
    A lady who, when the company whose game she played bought her a plane ticket to come to a convention to meet the team that built it couldn't go because she couldn't afford the train ticket to the airport. As she had spent literally every cent she had on the rng boxes.
    These are all real stories.

Stories that have been shared by us by the people in the industry or stories we've heard first hand.
    Sometimes brave individual developers will quit or walk away from those companies but systemically... Nothing.

So are you sure you want ZoS to be financially depends on ability to prey on just such people?

If you say "Yes", may Stendarr have mercy on you.

===============
    Another add to my previous post:

First they said No plans for RNG Boxes.
    46be9Qb.png

Now they had plans for RNG Boxes.
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel

First they said cosmetic and convenience items only.
    4RCpO1z.png

Later in the future you can tell it by Yourself

Sure they said Lootboxes cosmetics only. That is their as for now. But you can't tell what is going happen in the future. The existence of Lootboxes itself is a step towards Pay to win. It has happened with past games in similar fashion, with same exact initial promises. What make you think it would be any different here?

Call me doom prophet or whatever you want. I'm just saying based on experience I had from past other MMORPG.
    Edited by Wow on 24 August 2016 05:01
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike the overall idea, but my biggest problem is the fear that there will be some items that will be exclusive to the boxes, never being available through direct purchase.

Someone on Reddit vented the possibility of new mounts like the Ice Wolf being added solely through the boxes. I can't express how much I would hate that if that happened.

If only for retired Crown Store items, then I don't hate it that much. But even if upon release they only contain retired Crown Store items, for how long will them stay this way? How long until they add exclusives to the boxes?

And how will these even work? If I already have a Crown Store collectible unlocked, is it possible for the boxes to drop it again for me? If not, then does that increase the chance of me getting other collectibles or will I just have more chances of getting junk? Too many questions I'd like to see being answered...

And on top of that, I just really dislike the overall idea of gambling. Already too much RNG in the game.
    Edited by Abeille on 20 August 2016 03:06
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question: If you already have limited items, will you possibly get them again? Thus, spending 400 crowns on nothing? Think scamp from molag bal.

That would be lame. I hope that if you have the item already, it's removed from the loot table.
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as stuff that is meant for the sub only population stays exclusive to them and that only cosmetic items are in the boxes, I have no issue with the boxes. It's a great idea to bring in more money so more content can be made!
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who lived through the implmentation of lockboxes in Star Trek Online, Champions Online, DC Universe Online, and (basically) The Secret World... I can firmly say, *blurk*

If it's only retired crown store items with a mix of random consumables (like XP scrolls, mimic stones, crown pots, and crown food)... okay. I can live with that.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    although it really depends how its implemented;

if they introduce a mount box, a costume box, a pet box & an accessory box (each box priced around what those items usually cost) thats fine, imho

but assuming mystery boxes will be about 2,500 (typical price of a mount) for a box in the hope of getting the ice horse lands me with a 200 crown hat that i could of bought, didnt buy cause i didnt like it & have no regrets about missing out on will be disheartening to say the least!
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As someone who lived through the implmentation of lockboxes in Star Trek Online, Champions Online, DC Universe Online, and (basically) The Secret World... I can firmly say, *blurk*

If it's only retired crown store items with a mix of random consumables (like XP scrolls, mimic stones, crown pots, and crown food)... okay. I can live with that.

The lockbox system is the most horible thing they could possibly add, one major thing I don't like about crytic is how greedy they are. They will only really add new things that people would want in zen store or lockboxes and the lockboxes have very horrible rng the worst. Zenimax should never go down that path.

I am fine with random boxes so long as they give a crown store outfit each time. But I rather they don't and just add them in previous crown store removed items that are outfits or mounts into the crown store for good some point down the road. I think the crown store should have every outfit returned to it plus the new ones. Its better giving people choices, they will get more money I believe by doing this.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on 20 August 2016 03:15
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right now, this is what people who were at the ESO tavern are saying the boxes are.
    I, too, can live with that. But I'll live with the nagging fear that they will eventually add exclusives to it.
    Edited by Abeille on 20 August 2016 03:13
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As long as they:
    • Only contain cosmetic stuff
    • Never contain exclusive items
    • Never contain the tiger mount

then I don't really care. I won't ever buy one but I won't begrudge anyone who wants to gamble for an old limited-time cosmetic.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • cdobratz
    cdobratz
    ✭✭✭
    Get your gambling addiction on another platform pls
    NA-PC
    Calamity Ganon - DC Magic Sorc
    Escape Velocity - DC Stam NB
    Bears Beets Battlestár - DC Stamplar
    Bears Beets Battlestar - DC Stam DK
    Dr. John Dorian - DC Magic DK
    Kojima's Revenge - EP Magic Sorc
    dafack - AD Magic NB
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gambling doesn't belong in an mmo. The way they (as in mmo's in general) get around the gambling label, by having you always "win" something is an illusion of fairness.

The house always wins. Gambling is a losing game. The longer you play the more you lose.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in Vegas,the odds always favor the house. Do you not see how bad the RNG already in this game?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even after reading NO

This is getting to the point where all they are developing is ways to spend money vs making a freaking game to play.

It's a sign for sure...time to run while we are using our brains.
    Here's another thing!

So if I already own most of the cosmetic stuff then what....did I literally just waste real money to randomly get what I already paid real money for. Who in the hell came up with this and didn't get fired ?

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on 20 August 2016 06:28
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    although it really depends how its implemented;

if they introduce a mount box, a costume box, a pet box & an accessory box (each box priced around what those items usually cost) thats fine, imho

but assuming mystery boxes will be about 2,500 (typical price of a mount) for a box in the hope of getting the ice horse lands me with a 200 crown hat that i could of bought, didnt buy cause i didnt like it & have no regrets about missing out on will be disheartening to say the least!

Folks.....how in the hell does any of this make any sense?
    (FYI I'm not attacking you but I'd like to use your response in my feedback to ZOS)

What happens if the random item is already owned?
    -Is it then 100% removed from chance?

What happens if I own almost all costumes and mounts?
    -iS the chance increased that I'll get the better stuff?

Why not just bring the actual items back for sale on a rotation?
    -That makes a helluva lot more sense
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crown Store: There will be "purely cosmetic" Loot Crates for about 400 crowns each. The chance to get items from the crates is based on how expensive/rare the items were/are. So lower chance for rare items and a chance you'll only get crap.

All items that can be in there were or will be in the crown store before they get into the boxes. No exclusive items in there.
    Items (potions/upgrades/xp scrolls etc.)

Costumes/Personalities (Current ones/new ones and old limited time ones)

Mounts and Pets (new ones that are currently in the store and old limited time ones even the ones that never have been in the crown store on console, they can also have mounts/pets from digital collectors editons. Excluded: Imperial Edition and eso sub reward mount/costume)
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Crown Store: There will be "purely cosmetic" Loot Crates for about 400 crowns each. The chance to get items from the crates is based on how expensive/rare the items were/are. So lower chance for rare items and a chance you'll only get crap.

All items that can be in there were or will be in the crown store before they get into the boxes. No exclusive items in there.

Mounts and Pets (new ones that are currently in the store and old limited time ones even the ones that never have been in the crown store on console, they can also have mounts/pets from digital collectors editons. Excluded: Imperial Edition and eso sub reward mount/costume)

That's not, accurate, though.

They're adding a special "tier" of mounts that will be unique to the gamble bags.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »

That's not, accurate, though.

They're adding a special "tier" of mounts that will be unique to the gamble bags.

Still, exclusive items in bags of crap :tongue: I want to know what I'm getting and having my ability to choose what I buy is going to be taken away :disappointed:
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm not amused either @Cazzy.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While it seems to be only stuff that has already been in the crown store or will only appear in the boxes after it hits the crown store, I still would like more info before making a choice. Reading the two reddit posts, ZOS are aware of what happened to BDO so want to stay the hell away from that road.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /facedesk

I never thought they would stoop to the level of putting this kind if crap in the game.
    Even if it's just cosmetic, there is always going to be the temptation to add other items that can only be received by using these stupid boxes.

There isn't much point in flailing over it though. They're just going to ignore the feedback like they ignored barber shop and enchanting rework feedback, and just do what they want to do anyway.
    EU / NA / PC
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AzraelKrieg you might want to check Abielle's video link, which I also shared. It's Matt Firor talking about special mounts being Lockbox/GrabBag/Luckybag/whateverbag exclusives.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    haven't voted because there isn't a 'if zos want to add this as an additional revenue stream and people want to buy them i'm fine with that' option.

not something i would bother with...
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DCUO has these. Some folk love them, and drop insane amounts of cash to get the exclusive aura they're chasing....other's hate them.

I don't like them personally....they smell like a cash grab.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haven't voted because there isn't a 'if zos want to add this as an additional revenue stream and people want to buy them i'm fine with that' option.

@jedtb16_ESO
    I think you're missing the issue.

Regardless of whether you want to buy or not there will be exclusive brand new items that can only be obtained via buying a special loot crate.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SWTOR did this, and it is absolutely ***. They should never introduce something to do the store that you dont KNOW exactly what you are getting.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer them to not add this, but in any case, nobody is forced to buy, so no big deal. Don't want it ? Don't buy it.

• jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@jedtb16_ESO

Regardless of whether you want to buy or not there will be exclusive brand new items that can only be obtained via buying a special loot crate.

and as i said i'm fine with that.... since the likelihood of it being anything that would give material advantage in game is remote it really doesn't matter. if people want to spend their money chasing cosmetic items let them.

it comes down to this - will zos put p2w items in? i don't think so. so what is the problem?
    Edited by jedtb16_ESO on 20 August 2016 08:15
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@jedtb16_ESO

and as i said i'm fine with that.... since the likelihood of it being anything that would give material advantage in game is remote it really doesn't matter. if people want to spend their money chasing cosmetic items let them.

It's not just purely cosmetic tho.

Watch the video

• MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like this, there are several mounts I've been wanting to get which I never got originally, and I dont mind spending some money for a second chance at these.

I just have one request, please make it so that I cant get the same mount twice, it sucks having to spend money and get nothing in return.

If I counted correctly, there have been 17 time limited mounts available in the crown store. If already purchased mounts don't count, then the number of available mounts would degrees.

Which would mean that I have a 3 out of 15 chance of getting one of the mounts that I want. I can live with that.
    *Special Snowflake*

This discussion has been closed.