Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance June 5, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Audio bug with headset.

Unsent.Soul
Unsent.Soul
✭✭✭✭✭
This is xbox 1 related for me, curious if it may have happened to any other console as well. The issue is only with this game, and started about a week ago I'd say.

I currently use turtle beach wireless stealth 420x, I've used these since I've been playing this game (console release.)

I can replicate this glitch perfectly. When the game lags, or the audio lags, skips, or has a delay, it literally sounds like an airhorn is blasting, it breaks up occasionally as well. I've had to reset my headset multiple times lately.

Perfect example, the game usually lags a little when running up to a wayshrine, activating and loading the map, and right when you zoom in/out the sound glitch happens, then my headset bugs out.

In guild/group chats it's worse and I lose comma and have to reset the headset in the middle of dungeons.

It's rather a particular bug that's only been around recently with me lag spikes and audio delays...

Can this potentially harm my wireless headset? Fry the circuitry?

Any help is appreciated.
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens all the time to my friends and I.... We have found if you unplug the headphones from the jack and replace it, it will fix the issue..

Guess it is just another bonus from the last dlc...
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
    Options
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens all the time to my friends and I.... We have found if you unplug the headphones from the jack and replace it, it will fix the issue..

You said to unplug headphones from jack and replace it? I have wireless so there are no cords, an adapter that plugs into the usb. I just pull that out and shut the headset off, plug it all back and that works for 10-15 minutes...
    Options
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been having the same issue and I also use a Turtle Beach headset. Sometimes the unplugging/replugging thing works, other times I lose audio all together, other times I can hear other people but they can't hear me. It happens both in "in-game" chat and in xbox live parties. Happens frequently when changing zones too.

Also the other night at a guild event, every time the group would wayshrine, the crown would jump around between people at random.
    Options
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You said to unplug headphones from jack and replace it? I have wireless so there are no cords, an adapter that plugs into the usb. I just pull that out and shut the headset off, plug it all back and that works for 10-15 minutes...

Well I have a cord from my headset to controller. Controller is wireless, but in your case you need to break the connection from the console however that may be done. In your case removing the USB..

Hope they get this fixed.
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
    Options
  • oSemaj
    oSemaj
    ✭✭✭
    This happens to me all the time. Every time I load into a new area my mic goes crazy. One thing I noticed is when I hop on any of my two sorcs my mic goes out and I would have to unplug my chat adapter to fix it. Then it happens again a few seconds later.
    Edited by oSemaj on July 29, 2016 1:48AM
    Xbox One NA
    Gamertag: oSemaj
    Options
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus.... ZOS fix your ***!!!

Using a regular mic for now... pathetic, really.
    Options
  • Thelrox
    Thelrox
    I have the same issues but for me it is far more worse because it doesn't help to unplug my headset and plug it back in. The sound is permanently glitched and I have to restart my console everytime the sound stucks.

Xbox One Gamertag: CNT Thelrox - Ebonheart Pact - Scourge
    Options
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I hear I thought my headset was dying. Glad I didn't immediately run out and buy another one.
    Options
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Any word on this bug?
    Options
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the unplug doesn't work, sometimes I'll create a Xbox live party, and leave it. Sometimes helps.
    Options
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just you!

It's especially fun when it cuts out while fighting a large group from an opposing faction in Imperial City.
    But at least I haven't been kicked to the dashboard in PvP lately, so it's still an improvement. :s
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Options
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    johu31 wrote: »
    If the unplug doesn't work, sometimes I'll create a Xbox live party, and leave it. Sometimes helps.

It was just as bad in an Xbox live party after further testing. I had to just go with a regular headset.
    Options
  • xXMichonneXx
    xXMichonneXx
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on Xbox One also with Turtle Beach wireless headset and this started happening to me a few weeks ago and has become progressively worse. It is to the point where I can no longer be in guild or area chat without unplugging my USB 5-10 times per gaming session. Ran into AD in the sewers last night without the means to communicate with my running partner because we BOTH had glitched out chat. ZOS please address this issue. The problems with this game are mounting and before long I suspect it will be totally unplayable. That will be a sad day.
    XBoxOne NA
    910 CP
    50 Imperial Stamblade DC
    50 Argonian Templar Healer DC
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc DC
    50 Imperial Stam Templar DC
    50 Dunmer Mag DK DC
    50 Imperial Stam Sorc DC
    50 Nord Stam DK Tank DC
    50 Redguard Stam DK DPS DC
    50 Altmer Mag Templar DPS DC
    50 Imperial Stam Warden DC
    Options
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on Xbox One also with Turtle Beach wireless headset and this started happening to me a few weeks ago and has become progressively worse. It is to the point where I can no longer be in guild or area chat without unplugging my USB 5-10 times per gaming session. Ran into AD in the sewers last night without the means to communicate with my running partner because we BOTH had glitched out chat. ZOS please address this issue. The problems with this game are mounting and before long I suspect it will be totally unplayable. That will be a sad day.

I agree. At first I thought it was my beaches but thankfully those are okay, I love the audio and with turtle beach headset I get drawn in deep lol. Now with a regular Ole headset I feel like I'm missing something.

After it happened a few times in a dungeon my group was running I couldn't take it, EVERY lag spike my audio went berserk.

Incredible to see no mention of this in a bug report or at least that the devs are aware of it.

It's just another issue that'll get swept under the rug...

Options
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to the top!

This isn't just getting swept under the rug, is it?
    Options
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno sorry to call you out, again, but is this even being looked into?

How many weeks/months will this last?

Obviously there's a major issue with this game's audio and it's affecting the wireless headset (my experience) it's getting beyond frustrating...

Every time the *** gsme lags I have to get up and reconnect the wireless adaptor for my headset, wait, still didn't work, reconnect again, wait for "headset assigned" then it may work...

Is the response going to be "go buy a wired headset" because, yet again, you guys can't fix what's broken?

Clearly I'm frustrated, ranting, and I know it's not @ZOS_GinaBruno or any mods fault, I don't blame them, but they are our communication to the devs...
    Options
  • phaseadept
    phaseadept
    ✭✭✭
    Changing zones, lots of system demand, wayshine, dungeons.

The only odd thing, is it doesn't affect my Kinect. So I just subject everyone listening to my random household noises. . .
    Options
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phaseadept wrote: »
    Changing zones, lots of system demand, wayshine, dungeons.

The only odd thing, is it doesn't affect my Kinect. So I just subject everyone listening to my random household noises. . .

Thats dirty. Never got the kinect, personally. I've contemplated going and buying wired turtle beaches but that's jank. Shouldn't have to go buy another headset because they can't fix their crap.
    Options
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im glad im not the only one

I got xbox elite running with turtlebeach elite x800 and i have been having issues where my party can hear me but i can't hear them .. so its unplug usb from docking station it works for few min and then again same thing its a shame its screwd up and i hope they will fix this.

In the beginning i had no problems however past few weeks its started happening.
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

Options
  • shadelon
    shadelon
    ✭✭✭
    I just got a pair of astro a40's for my ps4, and at first i started noticing when the sounds of everyone's abilities go off all at once in cyrodil, sometimes the game audio would cut out for about 5 secs then come back. But chat audio was fine. I fixed this issue entirely by plugging the optical cable into the tv instead of the console, but this only works if your tv supports this. This worked for me with my wired headset, but your mileage may vary. Luckily it would appear the real headset issue is on xbox. Or unluckily for you guys i guess? Might be something with the way xbox handles game and chat audio. I know that playstation and xbox handle them entirely differently from one another.
    The Airstrike - Flower Lady

Champion 871 [Lv 50 Magward Healer, Lv 50 Stamward DPS, Lv 50 Warden Tank, Lv 50 MagWard DPS]

Guild Master of the League of Assassins (check us out at www.leagueofassassins-ps4.guildlaunch.com
    Options
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shadelon wrote: »
    I just got a pair of astro a40's for my ps4, and at first i started noticing when the sounds of everyone's abilities go off all at once in cyrodil, sometimes the game audio would cut out for about 5 secs then come back. But chat audio was fine. I fixed this issue entirely by plugging the optical cable into the tv instead of the console, but this only works if your tv supports this. This worked for me with my wired headset, but your mileage may vary. Luckily it would appear the real headset issue is on xbox. Or unluckily for you guys i guess? Might be something with the way xbox handles game and chat audio. I know that playstation and xbox handle them entirely differently from one another.

Then the issue would be able to recreate with other games? Ive only had the issue with eso in the last 3 weeks or so.
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Any word on this bug?

Of course that's not gonna happen, can't go around admitting they've made a mistake.
    Options
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pod88kk wrote: »

Any word on this bug?

Of course that's not gonna happen, can't go around admitting they've made a mistake.

1 step forward, 2 steps backwards...

As my headset bugs out on me while loading into the game...
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's only been happening to me for the last week so it might have been slipped in during the maintenance but as someone who PvPs a lot with my guild communication is key.

Will PvP eventually come down to whoever has the least amount of players go mute or get dashboarded wins because if so that is disgraceful.
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's only been happening to me for the last week so it might have been slipped in during the maintenance but as someone who PvPs a lot with my guild communication is key.

Will PvP eventually come down to whoever has the least amount of players go mute or get dashboarded wins because if so that is disgraceful.
    Options
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've closed this discussion as a duplicate of this one in the Xbox Technical Support Forum
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.