The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Audio bug with headset.

Unsent.Soul
Unsent.Soul
✭✭✭✭✭
This is xbox 1 related for me, curious if it may have happened to any other console as well. The issue is only with this game, and started about a week ago I'd say.

I currently use turtle beach wireless stealth 420x, I've used these since I've been playing this game (console release.)

I can replicate this glitch perfectly. When the game lags, or the audio lags, skips, or has a delay, it literally sounds like an airhorn is blasting, it breaks up occasionally as well. I've had to reset my headset multiple times lately.

Perfect example, the gam usually lags a little when running up to a wayshrine, activating and loading the map, and right when you zoom in/out the sound glitch happens, then my headset bugs out.

In guild/group chats it's worse and I lose comma and have to reset the headset in the middle of dungeons.

It's rather a particular bug that's only been around recently with me lag spikes and audio delays...

Can this potentially harm my wireless headset? Fry the circuitry?

Any help is appreciated.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the game for me but via surround sound speakers and not the headset
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • AmbitionsVI
    AmbitionsVI
    Soul Shriven
    Everytime I load into a new area or text appears on my screen, my audio cuts out and I always have to unplug my headset and plug it back in.
  • bmatson
    bmatson
    ✭✭
    Yep another new feature.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    damm glad to know its not only me

Im running xbox one elite with turtle beach x800 elites

and last week started having problems when i couldn't hear my friends in chat and then heard my own voice in double and weird sounds ...

plug unplug reset everything ect still there and i thought damm there goes my elite headphones and then we came out of the dungeon loaded new screen and things went fine ... so that was strange ...

but the weird part is a bit of the problem was even happening in xbox chat and when we went into game chat there were more problems

"By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Same here on Turtle Beach XO Seven Pro.
    My friend having an exactly same issue on his official MS headset.
    Game lags awfully, sound stutters and eventually get's completely cut off.
    It's so annoying...
  • supremesniper1b14_ESO
    supremesniper1b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm also having audio headset issues with both the XBox Stereo Headset and the Basic Xbox Headset/Mic

These issues are happening in both Game Chat and Xbox Party Chat
    Xbox Stereo:
    I constantly Static and Reverb and then my headset with "crash" I'll see in the settings that the console does NOT detect my mic. I have to unplug and plug it back in but it wont last long.

I thought is was a result of game audio coming through the stereo headset so i switched to my basic headset.
    XBox Headset:
    I also get some static and reverb but not as intense and eventually my mic will not be receiving any sound (Game/Party Chat) but my mic will still be broadcasting so people can hear me but i cant hear them so I have to unplug it and plug it back in.

This only happen in ESO it works perfectly fine in every other game
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everytime I load into a new area or text appears on my screen, my audio cuts out and I always have to unplug my headset and plug it back in.

Yep and they are ignoring it... all you get is the same troubleshooting xbox guide... and its not a hardware issue.. all other games work fine.. its only ESO having this issue...
  • DinOwned
    DinOwned
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom are audio issues part of your list of things to improve for U11? I didn't see it listed in your post for "Game Performance Issues on Console".

There are a lot of people with similar audio issues since the Dark Brotherhood update was released for Xbox One. Random sound crackling, poor quality in-group chat, complete audio loss in which the only way to resolve it is to unplug your controller or take the battery pack out and plug back in.
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1
  • shepardTHEweak
    shepardTHEweak
    ✭✭✭
    this bug is driving me up the frigging wall now..in a 12 man group and trying to do sanctum and KABOOM all chat go's off so we cant co-ordinate with each other..group chat keeps dropping people out,the infamous count down timers are back when trying to join group/guild chat..the game is just stuttering along to day in pve and no sound at all every time i use a skill or move i loose sound

FOR THE LOVE OF ESO will some one please fix this i have sent multiple tickets too and you seem to think i deconstructed a item and want it back cos thats all you reply with
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this bug is driving me up the frigging wall now..in a 12 man group and trying to do sanctum and KABOOM all chat go's off so we cant co-ordinate with each other..group chat keeps dropping people out,the infamous count down timers are back when trying to join group/guild chat..the game is just stuttering along to day in pve and no sound at all every time i use a skill or move i loose sound

FOR THE LOVE OF ESO will some one please fix this i have sent multiple tickets too and you seem to think i deconstructed a item and want it back cos thats all you reply with

Yea I got that automated response too... after a couple more back and forth I was met with no resolution.

Maybe before one tamriel. Nobody has acknowledged this officially from any ZoS employees either.
  • DinOwned
    DinOwned
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom will this be addressed in next weeks update?
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DinOwned wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom will this be addressed in next weeks update?

Good luck, seems like they've been avoiding the issue.
  • JoeDubEdition
    Same for me
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. ZOS closes the thread I made in general disc which had more views and posts because of this thread.

They don't comment or state that it's being addressed or brought to others attention. They just close the thread....?

I'm sure this will be locked now since I'm discussing ZoS policy. More people to see the more that can share their experience, see if the bug is blessing anyone else.
  • ZOS_CaseyCoffman
    ZOS_CaseyCoffman
    ✭✭✭
    Hey folks,

In order to try and help with this there are some pieces of information you can provide to help. This is not an issue we are seeing internally. Additionally, the console versions of the game have not been patched/updated since 7/6, all of the other maintenance windows since then have been pure maintenance with no changes to the game client whatsoever.

However, that being said, answering these questions (and ideally providing video capture of this occurring) will help us make sure the appropriate people get the information they need to attempt to address this.

1) Video capture of the issue. Video depicting both the audio and video state of the game when this occurs. (Ideally these captures should not have any non-game or non-voice chat sound in them to help separate.)

2) Did you experience any other issues before this occurred? Any other issues during its occurrence? Overall performance issues, drop in FPS, delay in abilities firing, etc?

3) What other programs are you running on your XB1 aside from ESO?

4) What version of XB1 Operating System are you running? (Instructions on how to find this below)

5) Is Cortana activated on your XB1? If so, do you have the “use Cortana through your chat headset” option turned on?

6) Is your XB1 controller updated? (instructions on how to do this below)

7) Which XB1 controller are you using? First party Microsoft or some other? If other, which is it? Be specific.

8)Is your controller wired or wireless when this occurs? What brand or model headset are you using?

9) How are your headphones connected to the XB1? Are they connected to the proprietary XB1 controller headphone adapter via the analog cable? USB connection through the XB1? Optical audio out from the TV? Something else entirely?

10) What audio is affected by this? Are in game sounds affected? Voice chat? Both? Does it seem to vary?

Thanks in advance for your info and help. :)

-Casey

How to determine your XB1 OS
    • From Home move the left analog stick left to bring up the snap panel
    • Move down to Settings and select All Settings
    u4DWRkh.png
    • Go to System and then select Console Info & Updates
    EtEG4cW.png
    • You will see the OS Version here
    bAzrZu6.png

How to update your XB1 controller
    • From Home select My Games & Apps
    kCXVF4I.png
    • Go to Apps and then select Xbox Accessories
    fpGW96j.png
    • Using a micro USB cable, plug your controller into your Xbox One
    • Select More Options (Note: If you do not see More Options after you plug in your controller that means your controller is currently up to date)
    • Select Update Controller
    XJOxhWj.png
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on August 10, 2016 6:53PM
    Casey Coffman
    Audio / Voiceover Lead Analyst - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be the first to admit, I did play yesterday without a single audio issue from my headset. The game did have typical lag and audio cut outs but this time the headset did not experience the "air horn" sound.

After reading the post above I've looked into a few things. Console is up to date, controller (xbox one elite) is up to date.

Wireless headset is turtle beach stealth x420 and has an adapter connected to the xbox usb port on the left hand side.

The odd thing is when the issue occured, it essentially removed the headset from my Xbox profile. I assume that's an issue with the headset and the xbox after failed attempts at reconnecting the game audio with the headset?

I then could re connect the adapter for the headset, notification would pop up stating the headset was assigned to my profile, and I'd be set till the next issue.

When I run eso on my Xbox I tend to make sure no other apps are running. I shut the console completely down (touching the xbox logo for 8-10 seconds) every night.

I apologize for not having a video to showcase the audio issue.
  • Kehnara
    Kehnara
    Ever since the Dark Brotherhood update I, too, cannot use my Turtle Beach headset. I get the loud buzz, have to turn them off and disconnect the USB on the Xbox. It'll reset and then I can use them again for about 30 min to an hour. Until it happens again.

I've been reading on other forums and there are hundreds of folks complaining about the issue since the Dark Brotherhood release. I never had one issue prior to that.

And it's only this game it happens on. To not be able to use my nice headset, along with not being able to go to Wrothgar since 11/5/15, and not being able to go into Grahtwood is getting very frustrating. I feel like our concerns are being ignored for the money maker DLC's :(
  • HaloGod
    HaloGod
    @ZOS_CaseyCoffman

1) Sorry no capture card so can't capture video and chat audio. Basically everyone can hear me but I'll see the chat bubbles going and no audio. Unplugging mic and plugging back in fixes it temporarily.

2) Usually yes an FPS drop and usually game audio will lag right before. Not always though. Changing zones is the most common cause for me.

3) None. Happens from cold reboot with just ESO running.

4) 10.0.14393.1040.

5) Yes Cortana is enabled. Can't find the option to disable through chat headset, other than disabling Cortana entirely. I can try that if you think it will help.

6) Yes, controller updated

7) first-party controller

8) Have tried wired and wireless. Usually use Turtle Beach X42. Sometimes use Bose QC25

9) Headphones are connected through proprietary XB1 headset adapter. Game audio for X42 goes through optical.

10) When using X42, the chat audio drops. When using QC25, I'm using the chat adapter for both game & chat audio and both will drop in that case.

Let me know if you need anything else.

• Lluanda
    Lluanda
    ✭✭✭

1) Video capture of the issue. Video depicting both the audio and video state of the game when this occurs. (Ideally these captures should not have any non-game or non-voice chat sound in them to help separate.) Not an option for me at the moment, sorry.

2) Did you experience any other issues before this occurred? Any other issues during its occurrence? Overall performance issues, drop in FPS, delay in abilities firing, etc? No. It seems to happen often when entering a new zone or looking at the map, but can happen at any time without any other noticable performance issues. When I stream xbox to my laptop I have no issues at all with audio.

3) What other programs are you running on your XB1 aside from ESO? None

4) What version of XB1 Operating System are you running? 10.0.14393.1040

5) Is Cortana activated on your XB1? No

6) Is your XB1 controller updated? Yes

7) Which XB1 controller are you using? Standard Microsoft, tried two of them, both updated

8)Is your controller wired or wireless when this occurs? What brand or model headset are you using? Wired, also tried wireless. Headset Kingston HyperX Cloud II & Sennheiser PC360

9) How are your headphones connected to the XB1? Connected to official xbox headset adapter

10) What audio is affected by this? Are in game sounds affected? Voice chat? Both? Both

It hasn't happened to me since the last DLC update, or maybe even since I cleared my quest logs to prevent the well known crashing issues. Everything seems a lot smoother since then, but wanted to share my info anyway.
  • oehk
    oehk
    ✭✭
    This is still an issue. Whats the status?

1) Video capture of the issue. Video depicting both the audio and video state of the game when this occurs. (Ideally these captures should not have any non-game or non-voice chat sound in them to help separate.)

-- When recording from XBox it records the game not the overlayed UI when the party chat slide-out is visible.

2) Did you experience any other issues before this occurred? Any other issues during its occurrence? Overall performance issues, drop in FPS, delay in abilities firing, etc?

-- Yes, FPS drops, audio gets crackly prior to happening, sometimes you get a painful bzzrttt sound right before it happens.

3) What other programs are you running on your XB1 aside from ESO?

-- Happens even from cold boot and hard restart

4) What version of XB1 Operating System are you running? (Instructions on how to find this below)

-- Sorry not at home ATM, but I made sure last night I was current (Jan 6 2017)

5) Is Cortana activated on your XB1? If so, do you have the “use Cortana through your chat headset” option turned on?

-- Fairly certain I shut her up, but will confirm tonight

6) Is your XB1 controller updated? (instructions on how to do this below)

-- Yes

7) Which XB1 controller are you using? First party Microsoft or some other? If other, which is it? Be specific.

-- OEM MS Controller, wireless. Its black, has a few scratches on the left side.... specific enough?

8)Is your controller wired or wireless when this occurs? What brand or model headset are you using?

-- wireless
    -- Turtle Beach x800 Elite

9) How are your headphones connected to the XB1? Are they connected to the proprietary XB1 controller headphone adapter via the analog cable? USB connection through the XB1? Optical audio out from the TV? Something else entirely?

-- Optical out from XB1 to x800 Elite base unit
    -- Usb for power from XB1 to x800 Elite base unit
    -- Magical wireless things sent from x800 Elite base unit to my headset, while they sit on my head.

If it helps, the rest of my setup is XB1 -> HDMI -> Sony 7.1 Stereo -> HDMI pass through -> TV. XBox 1 settings have HDMI audio at 7.1, and other 2 settings per x800 Elite instructions (optical audio out, and bitrate)

10) What audio is affected by this? Are in game sounds affected? Voice chat? Both? Does it seem to vary?

-- Only the XBL party chat audio is affected. Game sounds seem to be fine. The party chat icon in the XBL party window pulses as I and others talk, just cant hear them, however they can hear me just fine.
  • lhaynes
    lhaynes
    Soul Shriven
    This bug is so annoying for the last six months, it makes me often rage quit and play something else. It is clearly something that is happening frequently for Turtle Beach headsets and I can vouch for that on two xboxes as we own two and I can easily replicate the problem. Is there any hope at all on this? I spent couple hundred dollars on those stealth elite wireless headset and they work perfectly fine with every other game.
  • SuicideRoach
    SuicideRoach
    ✭✭
    I just started having the same exact issue yesterday
  • raw718
    raw718
    I have a Turtle Beach 500x but this problem is not limited to turtle beach products. Also port forwarding is not an issue for me as my xbox is on the DMZ and these issues still persist. It even happens to any headset or earphones connected directly to the xbox controller or 3.5mm jack on the Xbox chatpad. It happens whenever there is a high bandwidth demand, changing zones, high FPS, or any general lag. Plugging and unplugging the USB transmitter will solve the problem until another bandwidth lag occurs. But I have had to unplug and plug in wired headsets to the controller as well. Lets see if tonight's update fixes this.

This only happens with ESO for me.
  • raw718
    raw718
    raw718 wrote: »
    I have a Turtle Beach 500x but this problem is not limited to turtle beach products. Also port forwarding is not an issue for me as my xbox is on the DMZ and these issues still persist. It even happens to any headset or earphones connected directly to the xbox controller or 3.5mm jack on the Xbox chatpad. It happens whenever there is a high bandwidth demand, changing zones, high FPS, or any general lag. Plugging and unplugging the USB transmitter will solve the problem until another bandwidth lag occurs. But I have had to unplug and plug in wired headsets to the controller as well. Lets see if tonight's update fixes this.

This only happens with ESO for me.

I ran with a group on the Maw of Lorkah trial, I did not have any of the audio issues described above.
    Edited by raw718 on June 12, 2017 9:43PM
  • Adlarac
    Adlarac
    Soul Shriven
    I have a Microsoft headset I use plugged in to the USB port and haven't changed anything in months. Sunday I started being unable to talk in guild chat off and on. Happened yesterday too, I could hear fine but couldn't talk. Definitely a new problem for me and nothing has changed on my end.
    Edited by Adlarac on June 13, 2017 6:46PM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the stealth 420 headset with elite console and had this bad too. I sent in a ticket and they told me to delete my saved game info under settings....well I worked too much to lose all my stuff and didnt trust that option. I then noticed that I was downloading an update for an old game i didnt play anymore, and quickly remembered that I turned on auto update earlier to get the morrowind dlc downloaded asap. Quickly turned off auto update, removed all older games that were in the download que, and am happy to say that the problem went away for the most part. I still randomly get it, but not everytime I go near a wayshrine or zoom out on my map. Hope this helps
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on June 13, 2017 5:37PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • rockroberts01_ESO
    rockroberts01_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have this issue with my TB 420x and my TB 450. Using my 420x both wireless and wired to the controller doesn’t work and neither does having my 450 plugged into my controller works either. The sound cuts out ALL THE TIME and it effects everything on my Xbox One. Any idea on how to fix this?