Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 11 Featuring Shadows of the Hist: First Look"

• Foxesz
    Foxesz
    ✭✭✭
    Not a crown store barbershop please!
    I'm a roleplayer through and through, questions regarding that are always welcome!
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvilKiwi wrote: »
    New hair styles for crowns, really!? Just give us a barber shop we can use with gold. If hair styles are purchased from the crown store, will they be unlocked like costumes and can you collect more than 1 and change them after they have been purchased like costumes?

As I said above, I expect it will be a mixture.

Some things will be in-game gold, other things will require crowns.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roechacca wrote: »
    Text chat for consoles
    Town capture for Cyrodiil
    Race and appearance change
    New dungeons

Hey alright !

It's a lot of things I've always wanted. Hopefully more lag fixes too. Might wait until this is coming out to get back in the game.
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS! THIS is an update I like.

Only missing thing is an updated scaling craglorn and a really in depth balancing of classes (lol on that last one actually happening someday)

Also, with the actual DLC being only 2 dungeons, will it be priced lower than TG and DB ?
    Edited by Averya_Teira on June 21, 2016 7:51PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soooo when is this thing coming out ? It sounds great by the way !
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Finally, they get text chat on console. Yay!

I'm still waiting for my character profile pages. Right click on player, view profile, and then read about their character. That would be soo neat.

Oh ya, and I'm still haven't seen anything about the Pink horse I requested.

Overall, this next update looks good.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dissapointed with DLC, impressed with base-game patch.
    Two dungeons... so it will cost 1k crown i suppose?
    Trials and DSA update is great, town capture is fine i suppose.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • chimneyswift_ESO
    chimneyswift_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Extremely excited about this but a couple things have me worried (even tho they aren't game breaking or rage inducing for me).

The first is the Racial change. As a true fan of the Elder Scrolls series, this is a bit frustrating to me. The "Elder Scrolls" games are always about choices. The very first choice you are faced with in any TES game is "who are you?" This defining question is one that sticks with you the entire game, no matter what (until you start a new game of course). Long story short, if you don't like the race you picked (whether it be in Morrowind, Skyrim, or ESO), too bad. That's the choice YOU made and as TES games go you should live with your choices.

As an MMO tho, I guess I'm fine with this. Truthfully, this change is only coming about because they still haven't balanced racial passives enough. In this sense, I can't help but see this racial change update as anything but an easy fix for an unbalanced problem. Also, I feel this will drastically lower the number or races in the game. Only about 5 races (the best races) will end up being used as a result of this. All in all I'm ok with it and I very well may change the race of one of my toons, but I don't see myself changing the race of my main character. I picked that race and I'm gonna live with that decision.

I'd also like to bring up the Argonian Dungeon pack. I'm really excited to play through more dungeons (new mechanics are always fun), but I really hope we still see a larger Murkmire DLC down the road. I'd hate to see this Shadows of the Hist DLC be some sort of smaller replacement for what we all want Murkmire to be. That would be incredibly disappointing. I also hope we eventually get to play through a Veteran Arx Corinuim dungeon. Arx is my favorite dungeon and I really hope they continue to convert the already existing dungeons to a Veteran mode.

Overall, I'm thrilled for this new update. I just wanted to take a minute to express a few concerns/complaints to get them off my chest :) See you all in Tamriel!

Ebonheart Pact
    GM of Secret Order of Sotha Sil
    Stam DK - Chimneyswift
    NB Healer - Hist-and-Honey
    Templar - Milvela Volos
    Sorc - Thè Flash

For ESO builds & guides: http://www.ChimneySwift11.com
    YouTube: youtube.com/ChimneySwift11
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/chimneyswift11
    Facebook Gaming: http://www.fb.gg/ChimneySwift11
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely excited about this but a couple things have me worried (even tho they aren't game breaking or rage inducing for me).

The first is the Racial change. As a true fan of the Elder Scrolls series, this is a bit frustrating to me. The "Elder Scrolls" games are always about choices. The very first choice you are faced with in any TES game is "who are you?" This defining question is one that sticks with you the entire game, no matter what (until you start a new game of course). Long story short, if you don't like the race you picked (whether it be in Morrowind, Skyrim, or ESO), too bad. That's the choice YOU made and as TES games go you should live with your choices.

As an MMO tho, I guess I'm fine with this. Truthfully, this change is only coming about because they still haven't balanced racial passives enough. In this sense, I can't help but see this racial change update as anything but an easy fix for an unbalanced problem. Also, I feel this will drastically lower the number or races in the game. Only about 5 races (the best races) will end up being used as a result of this. All in all I'm ok with it and I very well may change the race of one of my toons, but I don't see myself changing the race of my main character. I picked that race and I'm gonna live with that decision.

I'd also like to bring up the Argonian Dungeon pack. I'm really excited to play through more dungeons (new mechanics are always fun), but I really hope we still see a larger Murkmire DLC down the road. I'd hate to see this Shadows of the Hist DLC be some sort of smaller replacement for what we all want Murkmire to be. That would be incredibly disappointing. I also hope we eventually get to play through a Veteran Arx Corinuim dungeon. Arx is my favorite dungeon and I really hope they continue to convert the already existing dungeons to a Veteran mode.

Overall, I'm thrilled for this new update. I just wanted to take a minute to express a few concerns/complaints to get them off my chest :) See you all in Tamriel!

The good thing about the racial change is they can start balancing racial passives without wrecking builds without offering a way to adapt. Side effect for me is I have the most fun trying different builds so this frees me up to better do so, IMO.
    Edited by technohic on June 21, 2016 8:00PM
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While I agree with your sentiments on racial choice being significant, I think your concerns are a little exagerated. Yes, you might see a lack of diversity in a PvP or Raiding environment where min/maxing is a little more prevalent; but I think the majority of the population will remain unchanged (racially).

In day to day casual play, you racial abilities just don't have -that- great an impact on questing or running dungeons or other stuff that the average player does. There might be a few folks who've decided over time that they don't really like their racial choice on a purely aesthetic level, but I think for the bulk of the population there will be much fewer race changes than you expect.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on June 21, 2016 8:06PM
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
  • Sci
    Sci
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to see one of the new monster sets useful to a healer. DPS and Tanks have plenty of decent ones to choose from but us healers have Bogdan.... Which does't cut it.

Everything looks great though!
    Edited by Sci on June 21, 2016 8:05PM
    By superhuman effort, you can avoid slipping backwards for a while. But one day, you'll lose a step, or drop a beat, or miss a detail... and you'll be gone forever.
  • ikza
    ikza
    ✭✭✭
    Now all i need is the option to change the order of my characters in the screen selection.

Thank you ZOS.
    Edited by ikza on June 21, 2016 8:14PM
  • chimneyswift_ESO
    chimneyswift_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    [/quote]

While I agree with your sentiments on racial choice being significant, I think your concerns are a little exagerated. Yes, you might see a lack of diversity in a PvP or Raiding environment where min/maxing is a little more prevalent; but I think the majority of the population will remain unchanged (racially).

In day to day casual play, you racial abilities just don't have -that- great an impact on questing or running dungeons or other stuff that the average player does. There might be a few folks who've decided over time that they don't really like their racial choice on a purely aesthetic level, but I think for the bulk of the population there will be much fewer race changes than you expect.
    [/quote]

You're probably right about that, but I do play a lot of PvP so I feel it'll just be min/maxed to death out there. You do make a good point tho.
    Ebonheart Pact
    GM of Secret Order of Sotha Sil
    Stam DK - Chimneyswift
    NB Healer - Hist-and-Honey
    Templar - Milvela Volos
    Sorc - Thè Flash

For ESO builds & guides: http://www.ChimneySwift11.com
    YouTube: youtube.com/ChimneySwift11
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/chimneyswift11
    Facebook Gaming: http://www.fb.gg/ChimneySwift11
  • Semner
    Semner
    ✭✭✭
    I REALLY like a lot of things in this update. So many good nuggets. Any chance Argonians could get further improvements with this Update? :naughty:
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've removed a series of posts that were not directly relevant to this topic.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is before One Tamriel or the DLC that accompanies one tamriel?
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    This is before One Tamriel or the DLC that accompanies one tamriel?

There is no release date for One Tamriel, probably late Q4... but this new 'pack' and game patch will be arriving sometime in August.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey zos I love how you making new content, but hey newsflash, we been waiting 2 years for you to finish vet mode for following 4 man dungeons: volenfell, black heart haven, selene's web, tempest island, direfrost keep, arx corinium, and blessed crucible. this was original content that we PAID for that zos did not complete by games launch that they promised to do so and have not done any visible work on since vet city of ash was released about 2 years ago.

So zos finish the damn game we already paid for before you push out more content for us to buy.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Fetaro wrote: »
    No new zone ? :(

we are getting Barbershop, so that is why they added only a small portion of new content.

I knew it would be like that.

Barbershop was requested by many players (me included) for long time now. So they will satisfy us finally.

Wait for Q4 for a new zone ;)

Didn't you find it curious that a day or so after announcing One Tamriel that they suddenly came out with this 'small pack dlc' concept? Didn't you perhaps wonder if the real reason they are doing the small packs is actually because the majority of their development team is busy working on the massive overhaul that One Tamriel requires so they don't have the resources to devote to larger DLC content?

This all reminds me of the year after PC launch when players were waiting for months for content because the majority of the development team was busy working on the console version... and now here we are seemingly back to square one... so this time they've devoted a small group of devs to creating tiny snippets of content in hopes of appeasing players while the rest of the team works on One Tamriel. Now, consider the year of console development and recent issues with consoles after DB launched a couple of days ago... this is probably the reason why the majority of the team is working on One Tamriel... they have TWO versions to update- PC and console.

So let's be honest... I get a sense of 'bait & switch' with all of this... Matt claiming that this new DLC system is to appease casuals but perhaps in reality, him saying that is to avoid admitting that the majority of the team is working on One Tamriel so they don't have enough staff to commit to new content... which was basically the same thing they avoided stating during console development.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is race changing to Imperial going to be a base option?
    Or will you still need the Imperial Edition for that?
  • joshhh_nb
    joshhh_nb
    ✭✭
    Yooooooooo where's the master weapon hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Yaaas boys.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woo! Can finally change my Bosmer's horrible (well, not horrible but still) clip-ridden hairstyle!

Not all that interested in the dungeons though and not a fan of having more PvP in my daily quest areas! But I guess it IS a pvp zone so... can't really complain.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • HELLB0UNDH0UND
    altemriel wrote: »
    wait you do not use zonechat to find a group for pledge dungeones? I always do it and it works fine :)

Are you on console or PC? Area chat on console (at least on xbox) is, by and large, a cesspool. I don't know how else to describe it.
    Max CP, 11 explicitly average characters on XB1 NA

• HELLB0UNDH0UND
    What happens if you buy a premium hairdo and drop ESO plus? Does your weave fall out?

legitimately laughed out loud :D
    Max CP, 11 explicitly average characters on XB1 NA

• argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance we can get weapon dyeing included at some point?
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Appearance, Race, and Name Change + Cyrodiil Town Capture = Awesome!
    - More group dungeons that don't scale with the number of players in the group = Meh.
    - Premium hairstyles = Stylish looks that will be the envy of all your friends? If they're all as ugly as the ones in that preview image, I don't think so. lol

I guess I'll just stick to the base game patch this time 'cuz it's way better than the DLC.
    Edited by Leogon on June 21, 2016 9:57PM
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is race changing to Imperial going to be a base option?
    Or will you still need the Imperial Edition for that?
    I'm pretty sure it won't be included 'cuz that would be unfair to people like me who paid for it.
    Edited by Leogon on June 21, 2016 10:10PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!!!!!

Finally we are getting difficult group dungeons! :)

Everything else mentioned is fantastic too.

ZOS.... you made me happy. Definitely a nice change from how performance issues on console have make me feel.
    Edited by Vaoh on June 21, 2016 10:12PM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for players who aren't fixated on phat lewt dungeon crawls or PVP there's new hairstyles .. and not much else.

Easy decision not to pay for it then.
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My response. FINALLY! this will be awesome ... if u can just fix my sorc class and pets real quick I'll be super ecstatic. problem being I've been waiting almost 2 years for necropotence to make it's come back...and ummm... my pets don't cloak with me, they expose my position and vanishing potions don't work at all... and... their dps is horrible.... NO MATTER HOW HIGH U STACK THE MAGICKA....

7cV9eCR.png Like for realz I'd have to be pushing 300k + magicka to make them worth the slots they're taking up...

and with increased costs if I where to use necropotence now I'd be locked down, CC'd at a 5 count, and nuked...so the high magic shield+pets idea is kinda screwed right now... ummm yeah. Just throwing it out there...but you guys broke my legs then gave me a Ferrari x.x lol

I mean seriously... people don't even try to go through shields anymore, they just count to 5 and then CC, and smash their Combos... So...the whole idea of this set coupled with the increased stamina costs of the current patch... make it kinda... pointless. We'd honestly probably be better off wearing blackrose or reactive armor, or really any other heavy set under the sun.
    Edited by NativeJoe on June 21, 2016 10:40PM
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks