Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Tel Var Stone Competition

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Starting next Monday, August 3rd, we’d like to invite you to participate in our Tel Var Stone Competition on the PTS!

Your task is to collect as many Tel Var Stones in Imperial City as you can, and those that collect the most will win a prize. We will be determining the winner based on the following criteria:
  • Tel Var Stones in your inventory at the end of the contest period
  • Tel Var Stones in the bank at the end of the contest period
  • Total Tel Var Stones spent during the contest period

Dates
We’ll have two separate contest periods so everyone has a chance to use their copied characters from the PC/Mac Live megaservers:
  • Monday, August 3, 2015 at 10:00AM EDT through Sunday, August 9, 2015 at 11:59PM EDT
  • Monday, August 17, 2015 at 10:00AM EDT through Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 11:59PM EDT

Prizes
We’ll have 20 total winners – 10 for each contest period – who will be awarded with the following items:
  • Top player for each contest period (2 total)
    • 3,000 crowns to spend in the Crown Store
    • One Mind Shriven Horse mount, available when the Imperial City DLC game pack is published
  • 9 Runners Up for each contest period (18 total)
    • 750 crowns to spend in the Crown Store

For more information, please read the official contest rules.

Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck to the folks running for this! I'll bow out now and just go save up my crowns for that horse ;) Awesome to see a contest promoting the PTS!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL Gankfest?

Should be fun.
  • Furor
    Furor
    ✭✭✭

If a player wins more than one category will another winner be selected?
    Furor Darkblade - VR16 Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furor wrote: »

If a player wins more than one category will another winner be selected?

With only one winner I assumed it meant they would add all those numbers together to make your total.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually a cool contest with good rewards. Nice.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • ryanmjmcevoy_ESO
    ryanmjmcevoy_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Official rule thread says 3k crowns and 750 crowns, this says 2.5k and 500. Which is it? :p
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with the rampant bugs and exploits isnt this rewarding those that use them?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Official rule thread says 3k crowns and 750 crowns, this says 2.5k and 500. Which is it? :p

Oh dear, apologies for that. We'll double check and get it straightened out as soon as we can!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    lathbury wrote: »

The point of the PTS is to try and find those bugs and exploits before they go live! That said, if we find you've used exploits repeatedly to win without reporting them, you will be disqualified.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol, let the griefing and door camping begin!!

Yeah, not taking part in this event.
  • NightSky
    NightSky
    ✭✭✭
    Lag free???
    "For everything you gain, you lose something else."
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NightSky wrote: »
    Lag free???

cq8b1myf7q1.gif

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »

The point of the PTS is to try and find those bugs and exploits before they go live! That said, if we find you've used exploits repeatedly to win without reporting them, you will be disqualified.
    So, to sum up:

1) Find exploit
    2) Report to ZOS but keep silent to everyone else
    3) Profit

Seems exploiting is being encouraged as long as you own up to ZOS.

/sigh

@ZOS_GinaBruno that may not be want you meant but it's precisely what you said.
    Edited by KerinKor on August 1, 2015 10:44AM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    lol, let the griefing and door camping begin!!

Yeah, not taking part in this event.
    Exactly.

Running this comp. before they apply the anti-door-camping change is ridiculous.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahaha

Its sweet that exactly what i said is coming to be true.

They really are giving prize for harassing behaviour of stealing others work. Camping spawn points, ganking players, backstabbing people who fight PVE monsters so they are not able to fight back (and of course PVE monsters will ignore ganker).

Not to mention that with contest like that, people now instead of testing PTS will focus only on gaining TV stones.

Of course forgetting that this patch is not only about IC and DLC, but it also contains base game patch. I tried to find people to test something not IC related few times on PTS. Spent half hour trying to find someone to help me, of course everyone didnt want to because they would rather afk 20 minutes to get to IC (Because of pop lock).
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on August 1, 2015 11:54AM
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't it make more sense to run the competition nearer to live release, where bugs and exploits will (probably) have been ironed out?
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starting next Monday, August 3rd, we’d like to invite you to participate in our Tel Var Stone Competition on the PTS!

Your task is to collect as many Tel Var Stones in Imperial City as you can, and those that collect the most will win a prize. We will be determining the winner based on the following criteria:

Dates
    We’ll have two separate contest periods so everyone has a chance to use their copied characters from the PC/Mac Live megaservers:
    • Monday, August 3, 2015 at 10:00AM EDT through Sunday, August 9, 2015 at 11:59PM EDT
    • Monday, August 17, 2015 at 10:00AM EDT through Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 11:59PM EDT

Prizes
    We’ll have 20 total winners – 10 for each contest period – who will be awarded with the following items:
      • 2,500 crowns to spend in the Crown Store
      • One Mind Shriven Horse mount, available when the Imperial City DLC game pack is published
      • 500 crowns to spend in the Crown Store

You gain and loose stones so fast, this will only encourage players to gank each others....crown rewards for this? with all the exploits, bugs and issues?

What about those that are not on the PTS? some are ESO Plus members, where are they in this? you are forcing them to go on the PTS to try to get crowns as rewards?

I really do not understand a lot of your decisions with this update.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭

Dates

Prizes

A contest promoting ganking? You people are so evil. I thought level designers in Nintendo's upcoming Super Mario Maker were evil... XD
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a great idea, rewarding people for testing.

I also believe this is made for encouraging abusive/exploiting behaviours on PTS in order to act against them accordingly.

And I believe that the main purpose of this is to check how slow/quickly it is to gather TV stones in order to check if the TV-price of VR15-16 items and mats are properly set/balanced.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »

What about those that are not on the PTS?

Nothing prevents them from going to the PTS. Not everything has to be for everyone. But since everyone can go there basically it is for everyone.

• Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing prevents them from going to the PTS. Not everything has to be for everyone. But since everyone can go there basically it is for everyone.

Will there be a PTS for console users and a contest too?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will there be a PTS for console users and a contest too?

We really need separate console/PC-Mac forums. I can't think "oh wait, consoles..." each time. And with the major differences in UI and gameplay (no addons, no text chat), it ends up being quite a different game.

And no, consoles don't get PTS, thus don't get contest, so what ? Not everything has to be for everyone.

• wizzper
    wizzper
    Soul Shriven
    Is there any rules for how big multiplier you are allowed to start whit?
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like all this just for testing, how many of Stones people can farm(gunk) in a period of time.
  • Krision
    Krision
    ✭✭
    If I can stay more than five minutes in IC without crash.

maybe I try. :|
    DK tank v16
    Templar DPS v16

I will kill your monsters!!
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krision wrote: »
    If I can stay more than five minutes in IC without crash.

maybe I try. :|

hey man. try this: Edit your UserSettings.txt file and change the PlayerStandInsEnabled.2 setting to 0.
    it worked for me, no more crashes. i dont understand why they dont hotfix this alrdy

source: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/201569/client-crashes-on-the-pts/p2
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

To follow up on this, the prizes listed in the official rules are correct. We'll update the original post to reflect; sorry for the confusion!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dates

Prizes

A contest promoting ganking? You people are so evil. I thought level designers in Nintendo's upcoming Super Mario Maker were evil... XD

And thus, my newly christened PTS Nightblade. Too bad the template only takes you to VR14. But, it does give you gold gear. Time to see if I will re-roll my main from DK to NB, like that was even a question.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems like one way to get a decent stress test - I may try and join the EU one.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO templar's & sorc's should automatically be disqualified due to sorc's being almost unkillable due to 33% extra dmg shield & templar's biting jabs being broken & not getting the dmg nerf; how can it be a fair contest if everyone in Imperial City is cheating due to rolling a templar or sorc???
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg